PDA

View Full Version : Yogi !!!!!!!!!!!

Hibs7
14-09-2009, 06:23 AM
4-3-3 does not work with this squad of players !!

down the slope
14-09-2009, 06:47 AM
You can bet St Johnstone will come to ER with five in midfield and sit in and try to frustrate us , lets hope its not a repeat of yesterdays formation or were sunk.

Hibtastic
14-09-2009, 10:28 AM
The thing I like about Yogi is that he admits when he has made a mistake. Read on the net this morning that he said "I might have picked the wrong team" after the game. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes unlike the previous manager.

I think we will see a different side next weekend!

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 10:57 AM
:wink:
The thing I like about Yogi is that he admits when he has made a mistake. Read on the net this morning that he said "I might have picked the wrong team" after the game. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes unlike the previous manager.

I think we will see a different side next weekend!

Well he took his ****ing time to learn I thought? Everyone siting at the game yesterday could quite clearly see we needed to change things. I thought he would have thrown a couple of subs on before half time, that's how bad we were. When the whistle went for half time I thought well he'll defo make the subbie now but nope we came out with the same set up and the same players. It took another wasted fifteen minutes after that for him to change things. When he did, he brought Zouma on, who for me doesn't look match fit. Hi sharpness was very poor to say the least. Not only that I thought he'd bring Wotherspoon on, as he's been a breath of fresh air so far this season but nope, he brought Liam Miller on. Result being that nothing changed, we didn't look dangerous at all. Failure of a substitution in my mind. Yogi, it needs to be better son. The clock is ticking!

Hibs7
14-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Well he took his ****ing time to learn I thought? Everyone siting at the game yesterday could quite clearly see we needed to change things. I thought he would have thrown a couple of subs on before half time, that's how bad we were. When the whistle went for half time I thought well he'll defo make the subbie now but nope we came out with the same set up and the same players. It took another wasted fifteen minutes after that for him to change things. When he did, he brought Zouma on, who for me doesn't look match fit. Hi sharpness was very poor to say the least. Not only that I thought he'd bring Wotherspoon on, as he's been a breath of fresh air so far this season but nope, he brought Liam Miller on. Result being that nothing changed, we didn't look dangerous at all. Failure of a substitution in my mind. Yogi, it needs to be better son. The clock is ticking!

Changes should have been made as soon as we went 2-0 down, it was obvious we were getting nowhere and had lost the midfeild, FWIW Wotherspoon was told to get ready at the same time as Miller and Zouma but for some reason was not brought on ??:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
14-09-2009, 11:04 AM

I know you must be hurting, but don't you think you are being a bit silly saying a thing like that? The clock is ticking - what a myopic, ill thought out remark to make.

MB62
14-09-2009, 11:10 AM
4-3-3 does not work with this squad of players !!

I have never been a lover of a 4-3-3 formation as I believe it leaves the midfield short handed. If you play three up front, you have to have three exceptional midfield players who will be able to create chances for the front three, I don't believe we have that.
I also feel it makes it easy for the opposition to stiffle the midfield by playing 5 in there and forcing the long ball from the defence to the forwards. That might be fine if you have one or two centre forwards who can dominate a centre half in the air with your third striker feeding off him/them but we don't. Nish is tall but not that great in the air and he is the best of them all when it comes to playing that roll.

So, it's 4-4-2 for me at the start of every game and one of the strikers has to be dropped, might make them fight more for their place.

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2009, 11:36 AM
When the whistle went for half time I thought well he'll defo make the subbie now but nope we came out with the same set up and the same players.

think most of us were a bit bewildered at that :agree:

So, it's 4-4-2 for me at the start of every game and one of the strikers has to be dropped, might make them fight more for their place.

might be a blessing nish suspended for the next game, i imagine it will force yogi to play a 4-4-2, having the three of them up front really is a luxury we can do without(IMO)