PDA

View Full Version : If we dont sign a commanding Centre back soon ,it's bottom six for us again Imo.

passionatehibby
14-09-2009, 05:35 AM
I think we are now reaping what we have sewn, due to the fact that we have not found a replacement for Rob Jones.. It's only now become apparent to me that Chris Hogg has been carried by Jones for the last few seasons..

I can't believe Yogi has signed so many midfield players and not sorted out the centre of defence (most important area of the team IMO). If you include Benji and Zemmamma returning that's 6 midfield player brought in, on top of what we already had..

Bamba's game has gone backwards, and I believe it's because Hughes is playing him out of position. He's not a CB in a million years, even mixu could see that. Last season he was a revelation playing at centre midfield doing what he does best, Breaking up play and winning the ball .

I know it's still early doors but the signs are there for me that we have a MAJOR weakness in defence and it will only attribute to us conceding too many goals from set peace's and crosses in from the flanks.

GC
14-09-2009, 05:43 AM
I think we are now reaping what we have sewn, due to the fact that we have not found a replacement for Rob Jones.. It's only now become apparent to me that Chris Hogg has been carried by Jones for the last few seasons..

I can't believe Yogi has signed so many midfield players and not sorted out the centre of defence (most important area of the team IMO). If you include Benji and Zemmamma returning that's 6 midfield player brought in, on top of what we already had..
Bamba's game has gone backwards, and I believe it's because Hughes is playing him out of position. He's not a CB in a million years, even mixu could see that. Last season he was a revelation playing at centre midfield doing what he does best, Breaking up play and winning the ball .
I know it's still early doors but the signs are there for me that we have a MAJOR weakness in defence and it will only attribute to us conceding too many goals from set peace's and crosses in from the flanks.

We have never been in the bottom six!

Bamba has been one of our best players this season!

Hogg has had a mare of a start!

passionatehibby
14-09-2009, 06:06 AM
We have never been in the bottom six!

Bamba has been one of our best players this season!

Hogg has had a mare of a start!

Oops, I forgot that we finished in the top six last season... So where would you play bamba ? in defence or midfield ? He's prone to the odd howler and tends to get punished for it when playing at the back. For me, midfield is his best position and I also feel he brings a lot more to the team when playing in that position.

I'd agree Hogg has had a "mare of a start". I also think making him captain was a big mistake. He might be a 'model pro' but it's what you can do on the park that counts, and he's just not doing it IMO.

GC
14-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Oops, I forgot that we finished in the top six last season... So where would you play bamba ? in defence or midfield ? He's prone to the odd howler and tends to get punished for it when playing at the back. For me, midfield is his best position and I also feel he brings a lot more to the team when playing in that position.

I'd agree Hogg has had a "mare of a start". I also think making him captain was a big mistake. He might be a 'model pro' but it's what you can do on the park that counts, and he's just not doing it IMO.

I'd keep Sol where he is, he's held the defence together this season, Hogg must up his game or he should be dropped.

The defence does need work done on it but no need for wholesale changes, Bamba has the CB position nailed on and if Hogg does not improve then Ian Murray is a ready made replacement.

Iain G
14-09-2009, 07:02 AM

Is that your knee jerking away thats making your foot bash off your keyboard generating this nonsense :greengrin

Yes centreback is not our strongest are of the team and we need cover in there to push Hogg and Bamba, but I'd rather Yogi waited to get the right man in than jump into the market to sign a panic-y short term measure... :agree:

Darth Hibbie
14-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I think Murray and Bamba should play at centre half at the moment. I also think that our first choice midfield his going to be McBride, Cregg, Rankin and Miller from what I have seen so far.

The main problem yesterday was that we were overrun in the midfield. Deeks and Stokes done sod all. Nish to his credit tried but was totally useless when he got the ball.

If we are going to play Deek and Stokes then we must have 4 in midfield.

Hogg was rotten yesterday and his passing was some of the worst I have seen however the goals were not his fault. IMO the first was down to poor refereeing cause it was never a penelty. Hanlon and Bamba to blame for the second they both just watched as MAC ran away from them.

After that Accies never really looked like scoring again and defensively we were ok. The problem was going forward.

BT58
14-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd keep Sol where he is, he's held the defence together this season, Hogg must up his game or he should be dropped.

The defence does need work done on it but no need for wholesale changes, Bamba has the CB position nailed on and if Hogg does not improve then Ian Murray is a ready made replacement.

hogg is a liability,,,,,,,,as for being captain,:confused::confused:
yogis biggest mistake so far
get wotherspoon to rb
hanlon to lb
murray [captain]
bamba
as our defence
then zoumma,miller mcbride cregg for midfield[maybe try galbraith for cregg]
front 2 of deeks +benji/byrne
think the honeymoon is well and truly over
just glad weve come down to earth now
as for the players looking tired,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what exactly are we doing wrong at EM ??????,,,MAYBE WE SHOULD BRING BACK JC FOR TRAINING
:duck::duck::duck:
hb

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2009, 08:02 AM
hogg is a liability,,,,,,,,as for being captain,:confused::confused:
yogis biggest mistake so far
get wotherspoon to rb
hanlon to lb
murray [captain]
bamba
as our defence
then zoumma,miller mcbride cregg for midfield[maybe try galbraith for cregg]
front 2 of deeks +benji/byrne
think the honeymoon is well and truly over
just glad weve come down to earth now
as for the players looking tired,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what exactly are we doing wrong at EM ??????,,,MAYBE WE SHOULD BRING BACK JC FOR TRAINING
:duck::duck::duck:
hb

Better watch out with that bizarre punctuation, Roxburgh will be along before you know it. Maybe just a case of sticky keys? :wink:

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I think Murray and Bamba should play at centre half at the moment. I also think that our first choice midfield his going to be McBride, Cregg, Rankin and Miller from what I have seen so far.

The main problem yesterday was that we were overrun in the midfield. Deeks and Stokes done sod all. Nish to his credit tried but was totally useless when he got the ball.

If we are going to play Deek and Stokes then we must have 4 in midfield.

Hogg was rotten yesterday and his passing was some of the worst I have seen however the goals were not his fault. IMO the first was down to poor refereeing cause it was never a penelty. Hanlon and Bamba to blame for the second they both just watched as MAC ran away from them.

After that Accies never really looked like scoring again and defensively we were ok. The problem was going forward.

Actually, the problem was that we were outnumbered in midfield by a team who wanted to win the match more than our players did and worked their socks off to achieve that IMO! :grr:

passionatehibby
14-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Is that your knee jerking away thats making your foot bash off your keyboard generating this nonsense :greengrin

Yes centreback is not our strongest are of the team and we need cover in there to push Hogg and Bamba, but I'd rather Yogi waited to get the right man in than jump into the market to sign a panic-y short term measure... :agree:

Nothing knee jerk about it mate, The signs are there that we are very weak at the back from set pieces and high balls into the box.

So you agree that centre back is not our strongest area of the team but you think the post is nonsense. Make up your mind will you. I'm just calling it how I see it. And right now Our defence worries me greatly.

If Hughes continues to stick by Hogg regardless of poor performances because he made him captain, what message will that send out to the rest of the team. :dunno:

We've just been played off the park by Hamilton for goodness sake. :bitchy: If the centre of defence is not sorted then their will be plenty more results like this during the season. If we wait till January then it might be too late and our season could turn out to be mid table mediocrity..

I feel that by adding a no nonsense CB, it could go a long way in determining how successful we are this season, especially If we have any aspirations of finishing third or dare I say it , win a cup. :agree:

I have every faith in Hughes and I'm behind him 110% . His philosophy on how the game should be played is spot on IMO. He talks from the heart and does not give the fans any bullsheet, that's good enough for me. I believe he now knows that sorting out our defence is now his number one priority. :agree:

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry but I dont agree that bamba has been one of our best players this season. I think he has done OK, but I think he is a liability at the back, doesnt jump that well, he tends to steam into the back of people and give away free kicks. Didnt think he was that great against Celtic, outjumped by Mcdonald a few times, another thing, why was he marking Mcdonald when and Hogg marking samaras? Doesnt make sense. Also, he should have been sent off against Falkirk. Defense is a problem but can be shored up before January. Hogg has had a mare, but is capable of better, that is a job for the management team. Murray is a good player and think he can do a job in the defense. I think wotherspoon would be wasted at right back as he is better going forward than defending in my opinion. At crosses we are vulnerable and I think part of the problem is that the keeper wont come for the crosses which puts pressure on defenses. But its early days yet. If hogg can get back to his best and bamba can stop the crazy challenges etc and the fact that Murray can slot in there somewhere our defense can improve. In January lets get some re inforcements in. Lets also not forget it may not have been yogi's fault for not bringing in defenders, for all we knew he tried, and the last thing we needed was bringing in defenders that were not up to it and then being left with them for the remainder of their contract!

Hibby 2005
14-09-2009, 08:52 AM
There was no need to sign McBride and Gregg as we had Bamba and Murray for the midfield area, but we did. Having said that McBride has done well.

In central defence what we needed to do was replace Jones, we didn't, therefore we needed to try McCormack in the middle for his height if nothing else, we didn't. Hogg was made captain and this has proved to be a bad choice as he's not a leader.

RB has been an issue for a while that hasn't truly been addressed although it's possible Wotherspoon could do a job there even though I'd prefer him in midfield.

Yesterday, Yogi left all his creative midfield players on the bench as he wanted to play Hamilton at their own game and "battle" for a win, a huge tactical mistake. If he truly wanted a "battle" why was he content to play 3 in midfield who were outnumbered by 4, sometimes 5, Hamilton players.

Mixu could have been the Manager yesterday such was the feeling of deja vu.

Dan Sarf
14-09-2009, 09:11 AM
There was no need to sign McBride and Gregg as we had Bamba and Murray for the midfield area, but we did. Having said that McBride has done well.

In central defence what we needed to do was replace Jones, we didn't, therefore we needed to try McCormack in the middle for his height if nothing else, we didn't. Hogg was made captain and this has proved to be a bad choice as he's not a leader.

RB has been an issue for a while that hasn't truly been addressed although it's possible Wotherspoon could do a job there even though I'd prefer him in midfield.

Yesterday, Yogi left all his creative midfield players on the bench as he wanted to play Hamilton at their own game and "battle" for a win, a huge tactical mistake. If he truly wanted a "battle" why was he content to play 3 in midfield who were outnumbered by 4, sometimes 5, Hamilton players.

Mixu could have been the Manager yesterday such was the feeling of deja vu.

That's it in a nutshell. Here's hoping Yogi realises it too.

BTW, I must admit there is something comical about me being such an expert simply from listening to the radio commentary! :greengrin