PDA

View Full Version : No atmosphere?

Mark_K
13-09-2009, 09:27 PM
what is going on with supporters nowadays? at the game today i'm sure i seen a tumbleweed pass. not one set of supporters giving a song to add to the atmosphere. it also helps get support behind the team and even if we are losing may as well make the best of it for instance, zagreb fans after their team is getting beat 4-0 by tottenham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIT1f5Syd2A

LancashireHibby
13-09-2009, 09:31 PM
There was never really a chance of an atmosphere given the delays in people getting in to the ground and then the early goals. Just one of those days.

Mark_K
13-09-2009, 09:34 PM
but i'm not just meaning at todays game. like at easter road the only standing that can be heard is the east stand, what's that all about? or am i mistakenly wrong?

Removed
13-09-2009, 09:37 PM
but i'm not just meaning at todays game. like at easter road the only standing that can be heard is the east stand, what's that all about? or am i mistakenly wrong?

Wrong imo, you only hear the East if you're in the East, basic physics.

Where do you sit?

Spike Mandela
13-09-2009, 09:37 PM
what is going on with supporters nowadays? at the game today i'm sure i seen a tumbleweed pass. not one set of supporters giving a song to add to the atmosphere. it also helps get support behind the team and even if we are losing may as well make the best of it for instance, zagreb fans after their team is getting beat 4-0 by tottenham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIT1f5Syd2A

I have a theory that this is the root cause of some of the results we get like today.

No matter how well we are playing our crowds are relatively small and don't bring out the opposition team's fans. Some of these games are played in almost training game atmospheres.

Every game the OF go to there is an edge and an atmosphere that inspires greater performance IMO.

LancashireHibby
13-09-2009, 09:43 PM

Where do you sit?

Very speedy avatar change, nice one :thumbsup:

(Wouldn't fancy sitting near that guy every week though!)

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 09:47 PM
The atmosphere is beyond embarrassing IMO.

I've seen us being out sung by the likes of 50 away fans at ER on many occations.

Something needs to be done about it! :grr:

Mark_K
13-09-2009, 09:48 PM

Where do you sit?

well yeah i usually sit in the east cos of the atmosphere there. most times i've sat in the west you dont hear much. it seems it's more of a spectating stand

yekimevol
13-09-2009, 09:50 PM
:agree:ive got to agree with my friend ever since mogga left the atmosphere at er has been in decline. it started in the collins era and continued to worsen. what happend to the days where we would be 3 down and the stadium would erudite and we would get a draw or win 4-3. one of the things needed to make easter road a fortress is a atmosphere.

come on guys let hear you !!!!

Removed
13-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Very speedy avatar change, nice one :thumbsup:

(Wouldn't fancy sitting near that guy every week though!)

:greengrin me neither, but at least he got behind the team in his own way and made half time more interesting :faf: I can't believe going to most away games I've never sat near him before or even heard him.

Anyone know if he is a member here?

Antifa Hibs
13-09-2009, 09:53 PM
its not just a hibs, its all scottish teams. fans up here are boring as fk and thats a fact.

even down south they piss all over us in terms of atmospheres etc, man utd, liverpool, west ham, spurs, villa, newcastle, miles ahead of us.

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 09:53 PM
:greengrin me neither, but at least he got behind the team in his own way and made half time more interesting :faf: I can't believe going to most away games I've never sat near him before or even heard him.

Ya bass! :grr::grr::grr:

Just kiding. :devil: :duck:

lyonhibs
13-09-2009, 09:57 PM
:agree:ive got to agree with my friend ever since mogga left the atmosphere at er has been in decline. it started in the collins era and continued to worsen. what happend to the days where we would be 3 down and the stadium would erudite and we would get a draw or win 4-3. one of the things needed to make easter road a fortress is a atmosphere.

One of the best lingusitic faux pas' ever :faf:

But the main point of the thread I roughly agree iwth, and the club should be looking at realistic ways of addressing this issue.

wandering_hibby
13-09-2009, 10:16 PM

Not sure if he is a member on here or not. See him at every home match at the back of East Stand beside Famous Five, but it's the first time I have ever seen him at an away game. Hope he keeps it up as it could make games at Rugby park etc a bit more entertaining :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
13-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Where are the Capital Greens nowadays?

hibsdaft
13-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Not sure if he is a member on here or not. See him at every home match at the back of East Stand beside Famous Five, but it's the first time I have ever seen him at an away game. Hope he keeps it up as it could make games at Rugby park etc a bit more entertaining :thumbsup:

i thought i'd heard him over the radio today :cool2:

Antifa Hibs
14-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Where are the Capital Greens nowadays?

they've disbanded, finished.

hopefully a more organised group comes about cos Hibs need one badly.

they can count on my support.

LancashireHibby
14-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Wondered the same myself, cheers for clearing it up.

jacomo
14-09-2009, 02:54 PM

Why? What did you do? :wink:

MussyHibby
17-09-2009, 10:18 AM

He's defo not a member on here - wouldn't know how to turn a computer on!

He's my dad! He's a bit :blah: but he's 63yrs a Hibby. He's a ST holder in the East, near the corner flag. Very rarely goes to away games - must have fell oot with my mum! :wink:

I'll tell him you're all asking for him! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-09-2009, 10:26 AM
He's defo not a member on here - wouldn't know how to turn a computer on!

He's my dad! He's a bit :blah: but he's 63yrs a Hibby. He's a ST holder in the East, near the corner flag. Very rarely goes to away games - must have fell oot with my mum! :wink:

I'll tell him you're all asking for him! :wink:

He's quality, i wish we had more like him.:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
17-09-2009, 10:29 AM

As long as you're not sat next to him :greengrin

HFC 0-7
17-09-2009, 10:29 AM
There have been other threads about the lack of atmospere recently. When you are in the east stand it sounds loud, but when you are anywhere else you can hardly hear the east. The west stand is terrible for any singing, you actually get funny looks if you try to sing. Not sure what the FF is like although I cant hear anything coming out of there either so probably the same. I think the fans just need something to chear about to get it started again!

MussyHibby
17-09-2009, 10:38 AM

Correct!

I'm in the FF Upper, my sister is in the West and my brother is in the East - but at the other end. As great as he can be for entertainment, when he's your dad........................well, proud but loud! :agree:

Dashing Bob S
17-09-2009, 11:28 AM
As a support, we're pretty much like the team.

Against Hamilton, we were demoralised by their two goals and sat mute waiting for the team to do something. I feel that the youth have had the exuberence knocked out of them by years of punitive stewarding and seater grounds, and the seasoned fans simply weren't drunk enough with the Sunday aspect and the prospect of work with a hangover.

But we should have done better. It was a huge support and I felt that some vocal backing might have lifted a flat and listless performance and got us back into the game. Like the team, we seemed to give because things were going against us.

Big week ahead for Hibs, we really need to come out the Saints double header with renewed optimism. The players need to improve and so do we.

marinello59
17-09-2009, 01:15 PM
There have been other threads about the lack of atmospere recently. When you are in the east stand it sounds loud, but when you are anywhere else you can hardly hear the east. The west stand is terrible for any singing, you actually get funny looks if you try to sing. Not sure what the FF is like although I cant hear anything coming out of there either so probably the same. I think the fans just need something to chear about to get it started again!

Maybe you are just a cr@p singer?:greengrin
Seriiously, I have never witnessed anybody in the West getting actively discouraged from singing. I have moved around in there a bit and I can only assume that the legendary West Stand tut tut brigade are avoiding me.

Removed
17-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll tell him you're all asking for him! :wink: :agree: tell him he's a legend on hibs.net now :thumbsup:

:agree: Agree with both these comments. He was quality entertainment last Sunday, particularly at HT but the toora loora stuff would probably drive me bonkers every week.

Mon ma bonny boys :scarf:

Peevemor
17-09-2009, 01:30 PM
There's still nothing to beat the mass stamping of feet in the old centre and North stands when we got a corner. :thumbsup:

Hibhibhooray
17-09-2009, 07:22 PM

Having been to see Bayern they have fans who choreograph the fans songs and chants and the sound is fantanstic, the Stuggart fans do the same, could we do that, would anyone want to do that:confused:

Alfred E Newman
17-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Having been to see Bayern they have fans who choreograph the fans songs and chants and the sound is fantanstic, the Stuggart fans do the same, could we do that, would anyone want to do that:confused:

Wouldn`t be allowed. They would be told to sit down and be quiet or be thrown out .

Hibhibhooray
17-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Wouldn`t be allowed. They would be told to sit down and be quiet or be thrown out .

Yep been there, sit near the tunnel and been nailed twice at half time and told to settle down or 'yer oot' :grr:

DC_Hibs
17-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Things must be bad when Bayern fans are called "fantastic" as they are absolutely murder...especially at home.

Hibhibhooray
17-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Things must be bad when Bayern fans are called "fantastic" as they are absolutely murder...especially at home.

the sound is fantastic, the times I have been the fans about me were all from the UK :agree:

LancashireHibby
17-09-2009, 08:29 PM
the sound is fantastic, the times I have been the fans about me were all from the UK :agree:
Which is sometimes the worst thing for an atmosphere - thought the atmosphere was abysmal when I went to watch Barca the other year, mainly because so much of the crowd were tourists. Not that that's a huge problem at ER, of course.

Hibercelona
17-09-2009, 08:41 PM
We wait for the team to score so we can start singing and chanting.

The team waits for us to start singing and chanting to motivate them on to scoring a goal.

Vicious cycle really...

monktonharp
17-09-2009, 09:29 PM
As a support, we're pretty much like the team.

Against Hamilton, we were demoralised by their two goals and sat mute waiting for the team to do something. I feel that the youth have had the exuberence knocked out of them by years of punitive stewarding and seater grounds, and the seasoned fans simply weren't drunk enough with the Sunday aspect and the prospect of work with a hangover.

But we should have done better. It was a huge support and I felt that some vocal backing might have lifted a flat and listless performance and got us back into the game. Like the team, we seemed to give because things were going against us.

Big week ahead for Hibs, we really need to come out the Saints double header with renewed optimism. The players need to improve and so do we.:agree:I've felt that over the years,our young lads have just gone quite and could not figure out why. your simple suggestion is probably the answer,but there is an "element" of auld torn faced barstewards,that need telt tae gettae,if they try to extinguish excuberance, can we borrow a dozen or so,of the Fenerbace fans please.............sort it Petrie:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
17-09-2009, 09:40 PM
There is the potential for there to be great atmosphere's in Scotland and the UK but clubs obvisouly don't want it. EVERY club in europe will have a section behind the goals where the lads and lassies can stand and sing. Here though, today, we had Wolves sending letters out to fans in a certain stand saying if they stand again, they'll be banned. :bitchy:

monktonharp
17-09-2009, 09:46 PM
There is the potential for there to be great atmosphere's in Scotland and the UK but clubs obvisouly don't want it. EVERY club in europe will have a section behind the goals where the lads and lassies can stand and sing. Here though, today, we had Wolves sending letters out to fans in a certain stand saying if they stand again, they'll be banned. :bitchy:you have been touting the possibility of standing at games,for a good while now friend and I do agree wholeheartidly. unfortunately the authorities/blazers wont have it.:boo hoo: