PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Leitherhibs
13-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Cant remember someone having a more woeful start to the season, he is truly dire.
No Aerial ability, poor on the deck, worst distribution of any centre half i can remember, doesn't lead must be the quietest captain ive ever seen and his judgement is absolutely shocking. Need to move murray to centre half asap.
NOT HIBS CLASS.

crash
13-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Cant remember someone having a more woeful start to the season, he is truly dire.
No Aerial ability, poor on the deck, worst distribution of any centre half i can remember, doesn't lead must be the quietest captain ive ever seen and his judgement is absolutely shocking. Need to move murray to centre half asap.
NOT HIBS CLASS.

:top marks

PISTOL1875
13-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Since he has been made the captain , his form has went down the toilet... Maybe he can't handle the responsibility...???

down the slope
13-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Could not believe it when he was made captain-how long until the scales fall from Yogi's eyes ? utterly out of his depth and is a bombscare, he has been at ER for four years and yet not one team has ever claimed an interest in him he is that good.

millarco
13-09-2009, 09:31 PM
He's had a very poor start to the season without a doubt. However some of the stick he was receiving today was way over the top IMO. It was like watching last seasons side at times, with Hogg expected to take the ball out of defence and pick out a pass with nothing in front of him. The lack of movement from the front three was chronic, and that combined with no width and our midfield three crowded out there meant there was very little for him to aim at. The verbals he received at the end of the match as well, when he had the audacity to applaud the fans, was also shocking. As I said he's on a terrible run of form, but it would be nice to see the fans give a bit of encouragement for a change, rather than target the next scapegoat.

Allant1981
13-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Could not believe it when he was made captain-how long until the scales fall from Yogi's eyes ? utterly out of his depth and is a bombscare, he has been at ER for four years and yet not one team has ever claimed an interest in him he is that good.

Thats a bit of a crap thing to say, Larsson was at celtic for years yet no one came in for him when he was scoring a shed load of goals each year. Does that mean he was a crap player

J-C
13-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I think this all proves he needs a big strong player like Jones beside him and Yogi was wrong to make him captain.

Bayern Bru
13-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Since he has been made the captain , his form has went down the toilet... Maybe he can't handle the responsibility...???

My thoughts exactly.

Ian Murray as captain anyone...?

Toaods
13-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Ian Murray must be given the captaincy before the CIS goes out the window.

Perhaps Hughes saw IM's temporary unavailability as a way to give Hogg some confidence but unfortunately it has completely backfired.

I truly fear for him if Yogi doesn't sort this out pronto.

down the slope
13-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Thats a bit of a crap thing to say, Larsson was at celtic for years yet no one came in for him when he was scoring a shed load of goals each year. Does that mean he was a crap player

Your not comparing Larsson with Hogg are you ?, Larsson chose to stay at Celtic when he was on good money and then Barca and Man u came in for him, maybe they will come in for Hogg !!!!!!!!!!!.

Perspective
13-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Ian Murray must be given the captaincy before the CIS goes out the window.

Perhaps Hughes saw IM's temporary unavailability as a way to give Hogg some confidence but unfortunately it has completely backfired.

I truly fear for him if Yogi doesn't sort this out pronto.

Murray was dire today. He emerges from every pre-season looking like he hasn't lifted a finger all summer.

At least Hogg tried to take some responsibility today by taking the ball out from the back.

Toaods
13-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Murray was dire today. He emerges from every pre-season looking like he hasn't lifted a finger all summer.

At least Hogg tried to take some responsibility today by taking the ball out from the back.

first game back from the ban and put in at right back - think he deserves a bit of leeway, compared a serial offender.

yekimevol
13-09-2009, 10:02 PM
:flamed:guys jones carried him and made him look good why did mogga not play him we are seeing the reasons now soon ian will be captin and take his place beside bamba

OtterHibee
13-09-2009, 10:40 PM
He's had a very poor start to the season without a doubt. However some of the stick he was receiving today was way over the top IMO. It was like watching last seasons side at times, with Hogg expected to take the ball out of defence and pick out a pass with nothing in front of him. The lack of movement from the front three was chronic, and that combined with no width and our midfield three crowded out there meant there was very little for him to aim at. The verbals he received at the end of the match as well, when he had the audacity to applaud the fans, was also shocking. As I said he's on a terrible run of form, but it would be nice to see the fans give a bit of encouragement for a change, rather than target the next scapegoat.

:top marks

monktonharp
13-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Chris Hogg was an accident waiting to happen today. any passes he made went sideways when we urgently needed a captain to drive us on,that never at any time happened.he is not a Hibernian captain and never will be.he acts like he did last year,if Jonesy was oot,it was as good as him saying,ma DA'S NO IN.he was a total disgrace today,and i'll never accept him as a Hibernian captain. he canny cut the mustard!

KiddA
13-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Chris Hogg was an accident waiting to happen today. any passes he made went sideways when we urgently needed a captain to drive us on,that never at any time happened.he is not a Hibernian captain and never will be.he acts like he did last year,if Jonesy was oot,it was as good as him saying,ma DA'S NO IN.he was a total disgrace today,and i'll never accept him as a Hibernian captain. he canny cut the mustard!

The problem with Hogg is he may lead by example off the park and at training but on it he has no leadership skills. There is two different types of captains example Beckham leads by example the way he plays and raises his game and players follow and then there is Roy Keane who is very vocal but one of his biggest attributes was giving out information to his team mates. Hogg does not have either of these attributes and I believe Yogi has made a mistake in making him captain and I feel with the new added pressure on Hoggs shoulders his game has went backwards.

Hibs90
14-09-2009, 12:40 AM

For once I agree with you. He CANT handle the responsibility.

monktonharp
14-09-2009, 01:35 AM
The problem with Hogg is he may lead by example off the park and at training but on it he has no leadership skills. There is two different types of captains example Beckham leads by example the way he plays and raises his game and players follow and then there is Roy Keane who is very vocal but one of his biggest attributes was giving out information to his team mates. Hogg does not have either of these attributes and I believe Yogi has made a mistake in making him captain and I feel with the new added pressure on Hoggs shoulders his game has went backwards.the problem with Hogg is he's no Franck,and he's definately no Paddy

rainman
14-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Chris Hogg should've paid Rob Jones half his wage each week for making him look like a footballer.

Hogg struggled before jones and he's struggling again now.