PDA

View Full Version : Colin nish

Cameron1875
13-09-2009, 08:44 PM
He is murder and should be no way near a hibs side. Obviously people have different opinions but i dont understand how anyone can defend him. He is pi$h. The time near the end where he was nearly one on one but because he walks rather than runs he got tackled. It seems he puts no effort in and there is nothing positive about his game imo. 0 goals for him this season and hopefully his suspension means other players can come in and impress so he never plays for the club again.

Row H
13-09-2009, 08:47 PM
He is murder and should be no way near a hibs side. Obviously people have different opinions but i dont understand how anyone can defend him. He is pi$h. The time near the end where he was nearly one on one but because he walks rather than runs he got tackled. It seems he puts no effort in and there is nothing positive about his game imo. 0 goals for him this season and hopefully his suspension means other players can come in and impress so he never plays for the club again.

:top marks

J-C
13-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Lisening on the radio the commentators were saying Hughes was continually shouting at him as he was out of position all through the first half.

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Lisening on the radio the commentators were saying Hughes was continually shouting at him as he was out of position all through the first half.

That may also have applied to Stokes though:confused:

Leitherhibs
13-09-2009, 08:51 PM
This discussion comes up everytime he has a poor game, which is far too often.

PISTOL1875
13-09-2009, 08:51 PM

That's a bit extreme but I do agree that he should be dropped and others be given a game........

steviehfc
13-09-2009, 08:53 PM
This discussion comes up everytime he has a poor game, which is far too often.:agree: Almost every week.

Big Frank
13-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Lets be honest here, there is an imbalance in class at Hibernian. For every Ian Murray defender there is a Chris Hogg defender, and for every Colin Nish there is a Derek Riordan.

First thing Nish should do is quit the tabs.

Jim44
13-09-2009, 08:58 PM
As I've already said on another thread, I think Nish senses that he is the likely one to get the thumbs down among the present list of strikers and this is showing in his performance which resulted in him losing the plot near the end when he lost the rag with the supporters and almost asked to be sent off. He's ironically solved Hughes's striker problem ie. which and how many to play up front.

Bayern Bru
13-09-2009, 08:58 PM
How I see it...

He's 6'3, and struggles to win aerial challenges. On the rare occasions that he does win the ball, we rarely keep possession. He's clumsy, awkward, regularly caught offside and out of position and doesn't seem to contribute anything to the game except yellow cards and falling over his feet.

When he DOES, for instance, set up a goal, it's all fine and well. But he's a centre forward allegedly, and I've seen too little evidence of this this season.

Apart from all that, he's great.
:greengrin

500miles
13-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Was too isolated. The forwards all played like individuals. Nish was knocking balls down to no-one. Either he should have dropped deeper, or Riordan and Stokes should have came in more centrally.

Argylehibby
13-09-2009, 09:00 PM

That will be the time when golden boy Deeks made an @rse o' the first pass when it hit his studs, then hit the 2nd one short. Nish had to check his RUN so not to go offside but lets no blame the golden child, lets pick on Nish. If youre talking about lack of effort start wi Deeks, or Stokes maybe the entire midfield then you might just get close to Nish being next in line if it wasnt for the half the back 4.

Cameron1875
13-09-2009, 09:05 PM
trust me i know riordan and stokes were poor but at least sometimes they can produce bit of excitement or a goal from nothing. Try defending nish giving away a penalty, being sent off an having a shocker. He aint good enough imo.

crash
13-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Was too isolated. The forwards all played like individuals. Nish was knocking balls down to no-one. Either he should have dropped deeper, or Riordan and Stokes should have came in more centrally.

Every week you come on here offering a variety of excuses for another embarrasing performance by your hero. Maybe you are his agent/ family member, either way let it go.

Argylehibby
13-09-2009, 09:19 PM
trust me i know riordan and stokes were poor but at least sometimes they can produce bit of excitement or a goal from nothing. Try defending nish giving away a penalty, being sent off an having a shocker. He aint good enough imo.

OK how about,

It wasnt a penalty

Been fouled all day by defence and abused from kick off by his own support = frustration.

Contributed more than Deeks and Stokes added together

Didnt miss from 12 yards with the nearest Accies player 10 yards away

Set Deeks up with a shot from 10 yards which he missed. One more chance than Deek set up all day.

I trust you but poor is an understatement. If they were poor the ref was world class and could expect to referee the world cup final if England hadnt won it already.

Chuckie
13-09-2009, 09:20 PM
OK how about,

It wasnt a penalty

Been fouled all day by defence and abused from kick off by his own support = frustration.

Contributed more than Deeks and Stokes added together

Didnt miss from 12 yards with the nearest Accies player 10 yards away

Set Deeks up with a shot from 10 yards which he missed. One more chance than Deek set up all day.

I trust you but poor is an understatement. If they were poor the ref was world class and could expect to referee the world cup final if England hadnt won it already.

It wasn't a penalty.

It came off his shoulder.

TheBall'sRound
13-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Every week you come on here offering a variety of excuses for another embarrasing performance by your hero. Maybe you are his agent/ family member, either way let it go.

Hehe - we're just short one "Spanish" Hibs supporter to slate Stack's performance and we'd have the full set!

Aubenas
13-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I have pals who know Nish and he's a thorough Hibby and a nice guy. I suspect that in the right set up he can score goals - he did at Killie. However, it must be clear to all who watch him every week that it ain't really working in the current Hibs side. Whatever the ins and outs, he certainly reacts badly to the abuse the Hibs support hurl at him, his confidence plummets and his contribution suffers. Especially against stuffy sides like Hamilton, it seems to me we need Zouma in midfield and Stokes and Riordan playing upfront and close to each other. Noone today could open up the Hamilton midfield or defence and we resorted to long balls that Nish was unable to win. It doesn't help that referees seem never to give him benefit of the doubt in challenges. Outcome of this is that he either fails to win the ball or is penalised - and that just breaks up attack after attack.:confused:

PISTOL1875
13-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I have pals who know Nish and he's a thorough Hibby and a nice guy. I suspect that in the right set up he can score goals - he did at Killie. However, it must be clear to all who watch him every week that it ain't really working in the current Hibs side. Whatever the ins and outs, he certainly reacts badly to the abuse the Hibs support hurl at him, his confidence plummets and his contribution suffers. Especially against stuffy sides like Hamilton, it seems to me we need Zouma in midfield and Stokes and Riordan playing upfront and close to each other. Noone today could open up the Hamilton midfield or defence and we resorted to long balls that Nish was unable to win. It doesn't help that referees seem never to give him benefit of the doubt in challenges. Outcome of this is that he either fails to win the ball or is penalised - and that just breaks up attack after attack.:confused:

The set up is right but the pace we play at is too quick for the big man...

whiskyhibby
13-09-2009, 09:33 PM
He should never have been brought to Hibs, he has the touch of an elephant and looks like Bambi on ice every time the ball is played to feet, get rid asap :confused::confused::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

BonnieFitbaTeam
13-09-2009, 09:39 PM
The set up is right but the pace we play at is too quick for the big man...

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're at it !

The pace Hibs played at today was slower than a week in the jail, particularly in the first half. You right though, that was still too quick for Nish.

Unless Yogi is planning to convert him into the centre half we so desperately need then I simply can't see a place for him.

Nish's ineptitude combined with Hogg's inability to find a team mate the entire game, jeez, it was like playing with 9 men.

crewetollhibee
13-09-2009, 09:41 PM
This discussion comes up everytime he has a poor game, which is far too often.
Correct. He has been given too much slack because he is a Hibs supporter. Fed up reading about him. Just get shot of him now.

LancashireHibby
13-09-2009, 09:46 PM
It wasn't a penalty.

It came off his shoulder.

You are kidding, aren't you? Was right in front of me, no doubt whatsoever that it was a penalty. No idea what he was playing at.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I cant see what he brings to the team. He cant hold the ball up, he cant head the ball, but he's very good at sitting on his arse, while being offside. If thats what being a good centre forward is, then he's top notch.

Shrekko
13-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I think the big man is going to be singled out because if the manager decides to play a 'target man' at the expense of a talented midfielder you really have to hope he is effective- which he wasnt.

I think he tries hard enough but his link up play is really poor at the moment. When the ball goes up in the air he only seems to want to try and wrap himself round the defender and the ball seems almost irrelevant.

In saying all this, I think the treatment of some of our players by our own fans is an utter disgrace and it's hardly surprising they start hiding or lose confidence. People go on about the lack of atmosphere at Hibs games yet the fans (or a portion of them) seem more than willing to make a noise when theres a Hibs player to be abused.

To see a sizable minority of a big away support clapping and cheering when one of their own players gets sent off is embarrassing and takes it to new depths.

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Just seen the sending off on SSN.

As murder as I think Nish is..... am I the only one that thought it was never a sending off? :confused:

500miles
13-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Never met him in my puff.

Nish scores at a rate of about 1 in 3 games, and sets up more goals from open play. A fair return for a forward who plays with his back to goal. However, I am aware that he has poor games. He is clumsy, and his decision making is either very very poor or absolutely spot on, without any sort of middle ground - however, that tends to be the case with just about any big, back to goal, forward - Iwelumo, Crouch, Curier GO'C.

No-one with a serious interest in football should be branding players like Nish this thing and the next. You look at games where he plays well, see how things have conspired in his favour, and try and emulate that scenario every week. By the same token, you look at games where he plays poorly, and analyze what's gone wrong - why he wasn't pairing up with Riordan or Stokes, his positioning, etc.

You also look at the role he plays, and what it offers. Goals, primarily i suppose, but it also gives time to the likes of Zemmama and Miller, when the CH's can't break formation because Nish is in thier area. It also means we can play direct from the defense, and counter attack quickly.When it comes to set pieces, he is an aeriel threat and useful when defending corners and free kicks into the box.

I look at these things and have come to the conclusion that, despite his limitations, Nish is a pretty useful player when he's utilised correctly.

You've taken isolated incidents where his clumsyness has made him look a fool, and disregarded everything that he brings to the table. It's rash and stupid. Perhaps it is you who should "let it go".

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Nish scores at a rate of about 1 in 3 games, and sets up more goals from open play. A fair return for a forward who plays with his back to goal. However, I am aware that he has poor games. He is clumsy, and his decision making is either very very poor or absolutely spot on, without any sort of middle ground - however, that tends to be the case with just about any big, back to goal, forward - Iwelumo, Crouch, Curier GO'C.

No-one with a serious interest in football should be branding players like Nish this thing and the next. You look at games where he plays well, see how things have conspired in his favour, and try and emulate that scenario every week. By the same token, you look at games where he plays poorly, and analyze what's gone wrong - why he wasn't pairing up with Riordan or Stokes, his positioning, etc.

You also look at the role he plays, and what it offers. Goals, primarily i suppose, but it also gives time to the likes of Zemmama and Miller, when the CH's can't break formation because Nish is in thier area. It also means we can play direct from the defense, and counter attack quickly.When it comes to set pieces, he is an aeriel threat and useful when defending corners and free kicks into the box.

I look at these things and have come to the conclusion that, despite his limitations, Nish is a pretty useful player when he's utilised correctly.

You've taken isolated incidents where his clumsyness has made him look a fool, and disregarded everything that he brings to the table. It's rash and stupid. Perhaps it is you who should "let it go".

I agree, he needs to be utilised better, i suggest kit man, or bus driver. Him and Hogg could perhaps share these duties.

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree, he needs to be utilised better, i suggest kit man, or bus driver. Him and Hogg could perhaps share these duties.

:agree:

The shoes don't shine themselves.

TheBall'sRound
14-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I think the big man is going to be singled out because if the manager decides to play a 'target man' at the expense of a talented midfielder you really have to hope he is effective- which he wasnt.

I think he tries hard enough but his link up play is really poor at the moment. When the ball goes up in the air he only seems to want to try and wrap himself round the defender and the ball seems almost irrelevant.

In saying all this, I think the treatment of some of our players by our own fans is an utter disgrace and it's hardly surprising they start hiding or lose confidence. People go on about the lack of atmosphere at Hibs games yet the fans (or a portion of them) seem more than willing to make a noise when theres a Hibs player to be abused.

To see a sizable minority of a big away support clapping and cheering when one of their own players gets sent off is embarrassing and takes it to new depths.

I think this can be explained by the removal of the prospect of Hughes continuing to pick Nish when both he and the 4-3-3 formation are not working. Suddenly 3 points on Saturday is more of realistic prospect.

That was pretty much the only thing worth cheering about in the whole 90+3 (3!! Bloody THREE minutes despite taking 8 minutes to sort out the penalty!!) minutes.

M8UDB
14-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I cant believe folk are sticking up for Nish on here, he didnt do a single thing right yesterday. Every time a high ball was played up to him he wouldnt even attempt to jump he was constantly looking for the foul, fair enough the ref was murder and Nish was getting held a good few times but at least make the effort to get a couple of inches of the ground then you might get the foul. Then when the ball was played to his feet he would try and control it and it would bounce a good 10 yards away from him, professional footballers shouldnt have a touch like that!! Apart from not jumping to head the ball and not controlling the ball all he did was walk about, hands on hips with that swagger he has looking out of breath and not fit, then near the end Deek puts a nice ball through, Nish is 1 on 1 with the keeper and he cant even make contact with the ball :dunno: Im happy he got sent off in the end cause at least Yogi can try somethin different next week and hopefully i wont see him in the first team for a good while.

Judas Iscariot
14-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Burn the witch

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 07:31 AM
As I have said before, Yogi seems to like playing a target man or someone for an outball, the only player he has for this is nish. Because he plays a target man, and yogi wouldnt drop stokes or riordin we end up playing a 4-3-3. The only reason I can see that Nish got the whole game yesterday is that Yogi must have said at half time that he was playing mince and that he had the next 45 to redeem himself. The players Hibs have bought are all about have the ball on the ground to feet so that players like riordin and stokes can turn and run at defenders. Playing Nish defeats that purpose and becomes too easy to boot the ball to him instead of finding a man to pass to. Its not all Nish's fault its the system we are trying to play which is flawed, but it looks even worse when you play Nish in that system cause he is looking less and less of a player every time I see him. I just cant believe that Hibs created so little chances and the main reason for this is that the service was dire. A lot of people on here are banging on about how we need defenders, and I do agree, but looking at the hamilton game, we only lost 1 goal that was the defenses fault the other was Nish. And judging by the pressure hamilton put on us the defense done not bad. Move to a 4-4-2, drop Nish play wotherspoon, try and keep the team settled and the results will be good, come January we should be in a decent position and then we can try and sign a CH and RB. Rant over!

matty_f
14-09-2009, 07:31 AM
I think Nish fell victim to the formation we played yesterday. Mixu tried the 4-3-3 because he saw what Nish can bring to the team, but didn't want to drop Fletcher or Riordan - our two best strikers last season.

So, in order to get them all on the park, we ended up 4-3-3 with most teams totally dominating our midfield.

I think Yogi maybe finds himself with the same dilemma, and IMHO, he needs to think about getting a shape for the team that works, and fitting the players into it, rather than picking the players and trying to fit the formation around them.

For me, that means Stokes and Riordan up front. Drop another midfielder in at the expense of Nish - someone with enough creativity to either pass past a man, or to take the ball round a man in order that we create space, and chances for the front men, like Zemmama or Galbraith for instance.

If we're not getting the ball in midfield to make passes, then we could have fourteen strikers and still not look like scoring. The strikers become irrelevant if they're not getting the ball in good areas.

Defeats like this will happen. It's important not to get carried away either when we win, or when we lose. Yogi will have come away with some food for thought after that performance.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I think Nish fell victim to the formation we played yesterday. Mixu tried the 4-3-3 because he saw what Nish can bring to the team, but didn't want to drop Fletcher or Riordan - our two best strikers last season.

So, in order to get them all on the park, we ended up 4-3-3 with most teams totally dominating our midfield.

I think Yogi maybe finds himself with the same dilemma, and IMHO, he needs to think about getting a shape for the team that works, and fitting the players into it, rather than picking the players and trying to fit the formation around them.

For me, that means Stokes and Riordan up front. Drop another midfielder in at the expense of Nish - someone with enough creativity to either pass past a man, or to take the ball round a man in order that we create space, and chances for the front men, like Zemmama or Galbraith for instance.

If we're not getting the ball in midfield to make passes, then we could have fourteen strikers and still not look like scoring. The strikers become irrelevant if they're not getting the ball in good areas.

Defeats like this will happen. It's important not to get carried away either when we win, or when we lose. Yogi will have come away with some food for thought after that performance.

Nish fell victim? To a certain extent yes, but lets not forget, the things he did, he did badly. His positioning was rubbish, when the ball did come to him he wasnt able to hold it up and he is rubbish in the air. The formation was wrong and Nish is not good enough. He is not good in the air or at holding the ball up. By Yogi's own admission he played Nish because he was worried about Hamilton threat in the air. Nish made it worse!

hstn747
14-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Nish has very little spring in his legs and lacks strength. He was clearly struggling against two big, strong and physical defenders under the long ball tactic.

Hughes should have spotted this and moved Nish out against the left back. Nish's height advantage would have meant he would have won more ball. Then the long ball tactics may have got some return.

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2009, 08:08 AM
To say Nish had a bad game , would be an understatement, but from what i was watching no one had a good game. it was like they didnt know each other.:grr:

Sudds_1
14-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Correct. He has been given too much slack because he is a Hibs supporter. Fed up reading about him. Just get shot of him now.

I can think of more than one who fits that bill.............:wink:

EH6 Hibby
14-09-2009, 08:25 AM

I wasn't at the game yesterday so I can't comment on Nish's or anyone else's performance. But I agree with the above point, the abuse of Hibs players by some fans is way out of order, I understand that people get frustrated at times, but I fail to see how shouting Nish your s***e at him for 90 minutes is going to make him play any better, if anything it will make him nervous and more prone to making mistakes.

I've got a season ticket but it's enough to put me off going, I remember I used to laugh at Hearts fans for booing their own players but it seems to have become the norm at Easter Road as well now because there are too many people with the opinion that they have paid their money therefor they can say whatever they like. :brickwall

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I wasn't at the game yesterday so I can't comment on Nish's or anyone else's performance. But I agree with the above point, the abuse of Hibs players by some fans is way out of order, I understand that people get frustrated at times, but I fail to see how shouting Nish your s***e at him for 90 minutes is going to make him play any better, if anything it will make him nervous and more prone to making mistakes.

I've got a season ticket but it's enough to put me off going, I remember I used to laugh at Hearts fans for booing their own players but it seems to have become the norm at Easter Road as well now because there are too many people with the opinion that they have paid their money therefor they can say whatever they like. :brickwall

Whether or not people should shout these sorts of things is irrelevant in my opinion. Personally I dont think there is a big problem with it, we are paying their wages and they make a good living off of it. The comments are coming after a period of time for Nish, he has been given enough time to show what he has got and it is evident that he has not got much. In every other job in the world patience from management will wear thin and in the end you will get it tight from your manager and collegues. In my opinion it would be a great time to stand up and be counted and get it right up any fans booing etc by putting in a great performance or at the very least a massive effort. This is not just pointed at Nish but all the players. Its time to stand up and be counted and stop hiding. Booing etc by opposition fans and own fans is what you should expect being a footballer, if you cant deal with it then you are not in the right job. Lets not forget these people are in a privaledged position. I would give anything to pull on a hibs shirt and go out and play and run the risk of getting the hole ripped out me by fans for a bad display, it would only motivate me more!

EH6 Hibby
14-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Whether or not people should shout these sorts of things is irrelevant in my opinion. Personally I dont think there is a big problem with it, we are paying their wages and they make a good living off of it. The comments are coming after a period of time for Nish, he has been given enough time to show what he has got and it is evident that he has not got much. In every other job in the world patience from management will wear thin and in the end you will get it tight from your manager and collegues. In my opinion it would be a great time to stand up and be counted and get it right up any fans booing etc by putting in a great performance or at the very least a massive effort. This is not just pointed at Nish but all the players. Its time to stand up and be counted and stop hiding. Booing etc by opposition fans and own fans is what you should expect being a footballer, if you cant deal with it then you are not in the right job. Lets not forget these people are in a privaledged position. I would give anything to pull on a hibs shirt and go out and play and run the risk of getting the hole ripped out me by fans for a bad display, it would only motivate me more!

Surely then the criticism should be aimed at the manager if Nish is consistently being picked to play when he is not delivering the goods, afterall he doesn't pick himself.

It's clear from what happened yesterday that Nish doesn't react well to abuse from the fans so I just don't see what will be gained by slagging him off, IMO it's only going to have a negative effect on him and the rest of the team which is more likely to result in a defeat which I assume no-one wants.

Greenblood70
14-09-2009, 09:03 AM
I must admit to being a bit shocked by Nish's interview on the new Official Site before the game.

I thought he was maybe just nervous in front of the camera but he certainly gave the impression of a man feeling very sorry for himself. His comments in the Scotsman today about it having been "a bad year and a half" and "other strikers get fouls but I don't" seem to back this up.

On his game he's a useful option played in the right system, it's obvious his confidence and morale are at an all time low tho' and he'll get an enforced rest from the first team anyway. If he comes back with the same attitude then it will be curtains for his Hibs career.

To be honest, he can be his own worst enemy at times as well with his fitness issues and the alarming amount of times he crumples to the turf at the slightest opportunity (I wouldn't give him many fouls based on that alone if I was a ref).

Some players are more comfortable at clubs than others and I just don't think Nish is capable of doing what Yogi wants him to. On that basis it might be best for both parties if he moved on in the next window.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Surely then the criticism should be aimed at the manager if Nish is consistently being picked to play when he is not delivering the goods, afterall he doesn't pick himself.

It's clear from what happened yesterday that Nish doesn't react well to abuse from the fans so I just don't see what will be gained by slagging him off, IMO it's only going to have a negative effect on him and the rest of the team which is more likely to result in a defeat which I assume no-one wants.

Being early in the season Yogi has had to give Nish a chance, which he has, and I believe that it might be his last as Yogi gave him the full game.

You would expect that if you were getting abuse your game may be effected in terms of touch etc but effort should increase as you should try harder. Nish, in my opinion was not trying that hard yesterday.

What do you account for being the problem with Nish when he wasnt getting any abuse but still playing badly? I think Nish is one of the few players that the fans have actually been patient with because he is a hibby.

EVENTUALLY
14-09-2009, 09:05 AM

Absolutely spot on.

Every team that turned up at Easter Road last season with the exception of the Old Firm played with at least 4 players in midfield and retained a sizeable amount of possession in that area simply due to an advantage of numbers in the middle of the park. As much as we admire Zemamma and consider the ability of Miller and potential of Wotherspoon to be formidable they are not world beaters who in the hurly burly of a competitive SPL game will overcome a hard working increased number of direct opponents in midfield. If John Hughes is serious about playing a short sharp passing game then he needs to give the players at his disposal a reasonable opportunity to compete and match up against the opposition toe to toe and allow his players ability to win the midfield battle.

IMHO Hibs should play 4 4 2 as it would instantly take advantage of our strengths and cover up a tactical weakness of being unable to supply our forwards.

EH6 Hibby
14-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Being early in the season Yogi has had to give Nish a chance, which he has, and I believe that it might be his last as Yogi gave him the full game.

You would expect that if you were getting abuse your game may be effected in terms of touch etc but effort should increase as you should try harder. Nish, in my opinion was not trying that hard yesterday.

What do you account for being the problem with Nish when he wasnt getting any abuse but still playing badly? I think Nish is one of the few players that the fans have actually been patient with because he is a hibby.

I hope you are right and it was his last chance, I listened on the radio yesterday and couldn't believe it when he came out for the second half.

I don't know what the problem with Nish is to be honest, he's had a few games where he's played really well but I've never really been a fan. My points before, where not intended to stick up for Nish in any way, they were more about the attitude of some fans, the last few seasons it was O'Brien that got the abuse and even though I agreed that he wasn't good enough, I still thought it was counter productive to abuse him during the 90 minutes.

hibbiedon
14-09-2009, 09:18 AM

I agree, the problem is there are certain elements of the so called Hibs support that must victimise one Hibs player in the side, Joe Tortalano, Brian Hamilton A O'Brien etc etc, They have never grasped the basic idea that to be a supporter you have to support, i know its simple. I can understand constructive criticism but some of the personel attacks that certain Hibs players are subjected to is disgusting and maybe the low life that dish it out should sit in the away end where their abuse of Hibs players would be welcomed

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I hope you are right and it was his last chance, I listened on the radio yesterday and couldn't believe it when he came out for the second half.

I don't know what the problem with Nish is to be honest, he's had a few games where he's played really well but I've never really been a fan. My points before, where not intended to stick up for Nish in any way, they were more about the attitude of some fans, the last few seasons it was O'Brien that got the abuse and even though I agreed that he wasn't good enough, I still thought it was counter productive to abuse him during the 90 minutes.

I think players react in different ways. I always feel that a player should be big enough to take the boo's etc and get on with it. I think where fans let the players down is if they get on their backs after one bad performance as every player has a bad day. I just cant blame fans that have their say after they see the same thing week after week from the same player. Its early days for Yogi and the team. He has always said it will take time and he needs to tinker around with the team. If Yogi makes a lot of changes for next week in personel and tactics then we should all get behind him!:thumbsup:

EH6 Hibby
14-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I think players react in different ways. I always feel that a player should be big enough to take the boo's etc and get on with it. I think where fans let the players down is if they get on their backs after one bad performance as every player has a bad day. I just cant blame fans that have their say after they see the same thing week after week from the same player. Its early days for Yogi and the team. He has always said it will take time and he needs to tinker around with the team. If Yogi makes a lot of changes for next week in personel and tactics then we should all get behind him!:thumbsup:

I always get behind the manager and the players! You might have picked up on that! :greengrin

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 10:25 AM

I was at the game and as much as I thought Nish was poor, I think there were more than a few others who were just as bad but because they are " Fans Favourites" they seem to have fallen below the radar. What was really worrying was the abuse Nish took towards the end of the game from the Hibs support and the sarcastic cheer that went up when he recieved the red card. I was ashamed of some if not most of our so called supporters reaction to him. I think if fans are going to watch the team, we should be giving the players 100% support. We were all frustrated yesterday at the way the game was going but to start shouting at players is the wrong thing to do in my opinion and it certainly doesn't help the cause. I'd expect that sort of behavour from our Yam neebs, not Hibs supporters. Get a ****ing grip boyz!

hibeesteve
14-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Hibernian striker Colin Nish, who was sent off in injury time in the 2-0 defeat by Hamilton, claims he is being targeted by referees. (The Sun)

I've had enough of this guy, any referee that sends him off is doing us a favour. He was abysmal on sunday, to come out with excuses is pathetic.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I was at the game and as much as I thought Nish was poor, I think there were more than a few others who were just as bad but because they are " Fans Favourites" they seem to have fallen below the radar. What was really worrying was the abuse Nish took towards the end of the game from the Hibs support and the sarcastic cheer that went up when he recieved the red card. I was ashamed of some if not most of our so called supporters reaction to him. I think if fans are going to watch the team, we should be giving the players 100% support. We were all frustrated yesterday at the way the game was going but to start shouting at players is the wrong thing to do in my opinion and it certainly doesn't help the cause. I'd expect that sort of behavour from our Yam neebs, not Hibs supporters. Get a ****ing grip boyz!

That is true, the whole team was terrible yesterday. The manager got it wrong yesterday. Accommodating Nish made the team play a different way. Riordan and Stokes had the makings of a good partnership. Wotherspoon playing on the right was probably the one biggest plus we have seen this season bar none.

Yet playing Nish saw us drop wotherspoon, and break up the partnership of Stokes and Riordan, pushing Riordan out wide left, were we all know its not
were he will be at his best. Couple that with persisting in playing Hogg, bringing Murray back in was always going to happen, a straight swap for Hogg should have been the move.

The team played well last week against Celtic, nothing was broken, yet we have formation changes and personnel changes when nothing really needed changing. Murray for Hogg was the only change that was needed.:confused:

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 10:48 AM
He'll score goals given good service. The truth of the matter is that Yogi has come in as manager,the fans have all gone OTT about him bringing in quality players who like to get the ball down and play the "HIBS" style of football when in reality we haven't even shown a glimmer of class so far this season. Our best player "wotherspoon" has once again been dropped to the bench to accomodate Yogi favourites Mc Bride and Clegg who for me are no better than your Brian Kerrs of this world. For some to take their frustration out on big Nish is a pish take. I say take yer heid oot the ****ing sand and look at the bigger picture. In a team playing better football, I'm convinced the big mam will score goals! Once the team gel, then judge the big fella!

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 10:54 AM
He'll score goals given good service. The truth of the matter is that Yogi has come in as manager,the fans have all gone OTT about him bringing in quality players who like to get the ball down and play the "HIBS" style of football when in reality we haven't even shown a glimmer of class so far this season. Our best player "wotherspoon" has once again been dropped to the bench to accomodate Yogi favourites Mc Bride and Clegg who for me are no better than your Brian Kerrs of this world. For some to take their frustration out on big Nish is a pish take. I say take yer heid oot the ****ing sand and look at the bigger picture. In a team playing better football, I'm convinced the big mam will score goals! Once the team gel, then judge the big fella!

Nish was the one who was brought in at the expense of Wotherspoon, and the partnership of Stokes and Riordan was also split up by Yogi accommodating Nish in the side.

Marty-Hibee
14-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Now, not defending the guy here at all, cause I do think he is really really poor, but yesterday, he genuinley never got a thing from the ref. The two big Accies centre halfs wrsetled him all day, and got nothing and I think they both seen realised this themselves so took advantage of it.

I do believe we need a player like him, but just not him.

Although I was in a bit of shock when he seemed to be through on goal, but just started to walk:confused:

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Nish was the one who was brought in at the expense of Wotherspoon, and the partnership of Stokes and Riordan was also split up by Yogi accommodating Nish in the side.

You could be right? But then again who's to say it wasn't Stokes or Riorden? What's glaringly obvious is that it didn't work and no ammount of player barricking will change that. Infact it will probably have the opposite effect on the boys confidence. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 11:20 AM
You could be right? But then again who's to say it wasn't Stokes or Riorden? What's glaringly obvious is that it didn't work and no ammount of player barricking will change that. Infact it will probably have the opposite effect on the boys confidence. :rolleyes:

I am right. Stokes and Riordan had the makings of a very good understanding. The goals had returned for Riordan, against falkirk stokes had looked sharp, but missed a couple. Riordan got 2. Against Brechin the partnership again looked good, a definite understanding was starting to be seen between them. The celtic game, the team as a whole played reasonably well, and we all know we deserved at least a point. So things were looking decent, we had 6 points from 9 and the fans and surely the team were in a confidant mood. There was no need for all the changes yesterday, no need at all.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I am right. Stokes and Riordan had the makings of a very good understanding. The goals had returned for Riordan, against falkirk stokes had looked sharp, but missed a couple. Riordan got 2. Against Brechin the partnership again looked good, a definite understanding was starting to be seen between them. The celtic game, the team as a whole played reasonably well, and we all know we deserved at least a point. So things were looking decent, we had 6 points from 9 and the fans and surely the team were in a confidant mood. There was no need for all the changes yesterday, no need at all.

Well said! people talk about confidence makes a team play better. Players like wotherspoon cant take any confidence from Yogi decision to change the team for yesterday. Get man of the match and dont even get on the next week. Formation plays well, players look to be getting used to it then we change it. Wotherspoon must have been sitting there thinking what has Nish done to deserve a place more than me. people have been talking about how booing must effect players confidence, I think playing well then being dropped for someone that has not been playing well must be a lot worse.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2009, 11:44 AM
To say Nish had a bad game , would be an understatement, but from what i was watching no one had a good game. it was like they didnt know each other.:grr:

:agree: To single out one player for criticism in a match where we had ten poor outfield players out on the pitch is just ridiculous.

What I saw yesterday was as bad as anything that I saw under Paatelainen. It was just a horrible team performance from start to finish.

I'm not saying Nish played well yesterday but he was no worse than our other two strikers, Stokes (who was shocking) and Riordan (who did next to nothing apart from miss a penalty and hit a free kick wide of the post).

Nish was also continually fouled throughout the match yesterday and I don't think the referee gave him a foul once.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 11:50 AM
:agree: To single out one player for criticism in a match where we had ten poor outfield players out on the pitch is just ridiculous.

What I saw yesterday was as bad as anything that I saw under Paatelainen. It was just a horrible team performance from start to finish.

I'm not saying Nish played well yesterday but he was no worse than our other two strikers, Stokes (who was shocking) and Riordan (who did next to nothing apart from miss a penalty and hit a free kick wide of the post).

Nish was also continually fouled throughout the match yesterday and I don't think the referee gave him a foul once.

I am not saying that the rest of the team played well because they didnt! But the way Yogi wanted us to play was reliant on Nish holding the ball up for stokes and riordin. Nish needed to put it about a bit, win balls in the air etc. Because he didnt do this the gameplan failed, stokes and riordin had to drop further and further back to try and get the ball. Yogi got it wrong, the formation and decision to play nish instead of wotherspoon was terminal! Nish is not a good enough player IMHO!

basehibby
14-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Lets be honest here, there is an imbalance in class at Hibernian. For every Ian Murray defender there is a Chris Hogg defender, and for every Colin Nish there is a Derek Riordan.

First thing Nish should do is quit the tabs.

:agree::top marks I've heard that big Nish likes likes to smoke a few tabs on a night out - this is something you could swallow easily enough when someone of the sublime abilities of Latapy for example was the culprit, but even then you couldn't help wondering whether occasional under par displays were preventable and down to his lifestyle as opposed to just having an offday.

But Latapy's off-days were few and far between whereas the same could be said for the frequency of standout performances coming from Nish.

In conclusion, any professional athlete (cos that's what they allegedly are), and especially ones of relatively limited ability such as Nish, should treat tobacco in the same way you might a poisonous snake - it (along with excessive alchohol consumption) has a clearly established negative impact on performance, and in Nish's case, when you watch him regularly tumble under the most flimsy of challenges and struggle to beat the offside trap, you've got to conclude that he needs to give himself every advantage going to give himself an edge. Smoking tabs is not the way to do that. :bitchy:

Jack
14-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I liked the way CN conducted himself last year in the harsh conditions of Mixu’s tactics, which appear to have been replicated yesterday.

Nish has however had a really crap start to the season (too much competition?) and I think this suspension next week would have surely come at the same time as he would have been dropped.

As I’ve just said on another thread, two up front with Nish as an impact sub if required.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I am not saying that the rest of the team played well because they didnt! But the way Yogi wanted us to play was reliant on Nish holding the ball up for stokes and riordin. Nish needed to put it about a bit, win balls in the air etc. Because he didnt do this the gameplan failed, stokes and riordin had to drop further and further back to try and get the ball. Yogi got it wrong, the formation and decision to play nish instead of wotherspoon was terminal! Nish is not a good enough player IMHO!

I'm not saying he did it often enough yesterday but Nish flicked on a great header in the second half which got the ball into the penalty area. Stokes and Riordan were nowhere to be seen to get on the end of it and the Hamilton defence cleared it away easily.

I really don't think that Colin Nish is half as bad as a lot of Hibs fans seem to think he is, although I accept that yesterday wasn't the greatest game of his career.

The Modfather
14-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Here's my take on yesterday's debacle, which I had the unfortunate pleasure of being in attendence -

We were shocking, no movement, no fight, no nothing. As for Colin Nish, that was one of the worst individual displays I have seen. Yes you could quite easily do a cut and paste job for most peoples comments and any Hibs player yesterday, but this is closer to the norm than than a blip from Nish.

We all know he polarises opinions, although I'm not entirely sure what the pro Nish camp have in their armoury when it is widely accepted he can't stay onside, jump, control a ball, or run more than 5 yards. Is being "awkward" a talent?

Anyway, back to specificaly yesterday and the reaction of the crowd. I will admit I was one of the folk that gave him pelters. I didn't aplaud or sarcasticaly cheer his sending off. I booed him. While it was probably never a second booking, that was his only contribution to the game. I can accept all players will have an off day, which all 14 in green did, but when someone is playing like that, the least you ask for out of them is effort and a bit of heart. Something Nish failed on spectacularly.

He looked like a poor mans Courrier yesterday. Give me Courrier over Nish any day of the week, at least he will give you an honest shift. Not either on his a*se for 90 mins or hands on Hips after running 15 yards.

Ps why did Byrne not get longer than 5mins yesterday??

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm not saying he did it often enough yesterday but Nish flicked on a great header in the second half which got the ball into the penalty area. Stokes and Riordan were nowhere to be seen to get on the end of it and the Hamilton defence cleared it away easily.

I really don't think that Colin Nish is half as bad as a lot of Hibs fans seem to think he is, although I accept that yesterday wasn't the greatest game of his career.

Flicking on the ball once is not good enough for me. riordin and stokes were playing out of position for much of the second half because they were trying to get into the game and get the ball. I am not just looking at todays game for my view on Nish. I never rated him and he doesnt offer enough for the team. there is nothing worse playing off a target man that doesnt win enough, gives away fouls, goes down too easy and more often that not breaks up attacks by being offside. I just dont see what Nish has to offer for Hibs. Benji would have provided more presense up front in my opinion, he is much better and holding the ball up and turning with the ball. Nish is probably taking more flack because Yogi changed things from a working formation and team into one that was completely useless in the space of a game, but it still doesnt hide the fact that Nish hasnt been up to it in my opinion.

silverhibee
14-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I can think of more than one who fits that bill.............:wink:

Yogi.:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2009, 12:53 PM

:top marks

Fans that "abuse" our own players FFS - nothing but bit brains IMO as good as standing with the opposition fans if your going to do that.

Hibs90
14-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Hibernian striker Colin Nish, who was sent off in injury time in the 2-0 defeat by Hamilton, claims he is being targeted by referees. (The Sun)

I've had enough of this guy, any referee that sends him off is doing us a favour. He was abysmal on sunday, to come out with excuses is pathetic.

I'd agree with Nish, he is being picked on by referees.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd agree with Nish, he is being picked on by referees.

Aye, its the big bad ref's that are pushing him into offside positions, and tripping him up onto his arse each week. And yesterdays ref gave him the touch of a rapist. :bitchy:

BoltonHibee
14-09-2009, 01:48 PM
NIsh should try spending more time trying to compete with the defender properly rather than half arsed, looking at every opportunity to win the ball rather than trying to con the referee that he is being fouled.

The referee's are wise to his game and more often than not do not award free kicks in his favour, even when some times, just some times they are merited.

Nish has his hands around the defenders sides often when he is trying to compete for a ball, with a grasp in each hand of a defenders jumper. If the defender is doing likewise it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, he is going to get very few awards playing that game.

That all said, he is never a "target" man and has the heart of a pea.

Yogi should hang his head in shame at putting him in the side and changing the formation/tactics. he got it sadly wrong.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 02:17 PM
NIsh should try spending more time trying to compete with the defender properly rather than half arsed, looking at every opportunity to win the ball rather than trying to con the referee that he is being fouled.

The referee's are wise to his game and more often than not do not award free kicks in his favour, even when some times, just some times they are merited.

Nish has his hands around the defenders sides often when he is trying to compete for a ball, with a grasp in each hand of a defenders jumper. If the defender is doing likewise it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, he is going to get very few awards playing that game.

That all said, he is never a "target" man and has the heart of a pea.

Yogi should hang his head in shame at putting him in the side and changing the formation/tactics. he got it sadly wrong.

While i agree he got it wrong, there's no need to hang his head in shame. If he keeps doing it then yes, but he's admitted he made the mistakes, lets hope he learns quickly from them.:pray:

1two
14-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I haven't read all the posts on here about Nish, but he was one of many players who didn't perform on Sunday.
Stokes, Hogg among others could've done better but I think Nish was made the fans scapegoat and probably will be for the rest of the season.

We always have one, every season.
Recently its been Van Zanten, A O'brien, B Kerr, Stewart, Si Brown, Zibi, Caldwell, further back i can think of S Lovell etc.

Sometimes its warranted - Zibi, Si Brown
But usually its the least technically gifted player who may not be performing but aren't necessarily the only ones under perfoming - Van Zanten, B Kerr

The only time I have ever booed a hibs player was when, then hibs captain Gary Caldwell announced himself signing for Celtic.
Nish was poor, but I felt it was pretty poor show by the fans for booing him.

Yogi could obviously see he was playing crap, but did we boo him for keeping nish on?

Nish had an off day, and maybe has a few more than he should have.

But Yogi set up the 4-3-3 which I and every other person could see was not working! He was the only one who could change the set-up or players and chose not to.

Yogi is to blame, not Nish!

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I haven't read all the posts on here about Nish, but he was one of many players who didn't perform on Sunday.
Stokes, Hogg among others could've done better but I think Nish was made the fans scapegoat and probably will be for the rest of the season.

We always have one, every season.
Recently its been Van Zanten, A O'brien, B Kerr, Stewart, Si Brown, Zibi, Caldwell, further back i can think of S Lovell etc.

Sometimes its warranted - Zibi, Si Brown
But usually its the least technically gifted player who may not be performing but aren't necessarily the only ones under perfoming - Van Zanten, B Kerr

The only time I have ever booed a hibs player was when, then hibs captain Gary Caldwell announced himself signing for Celtic.
Nish was poor, but I felt it was pretty poor show by the fans for booing him.

Yogi could obviously see he was playing crap, but did we boo him for keeping nish on?

Nish had an off day, and maybe has a few more than he should have.

But Yogi set up the 4-3-3 which I and every other person could see was not working! He was the only one who could change the set-up or players and chose not to.

Yogi is to blame, not Nish!

Yogi is to blame for the result. Nish is to blame for his own performance. 4-3-3 was obviously the wrong formation as it was reliant in Nish holding the ball up and winning it in the air. Something that is very evident that he cant do! The solution is to play a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 but Nish still doesnt have a place in my opinion. 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 would promote ball to feet for the strikers and width to cross the ball. Nish cant seem to head the ball at the moment, he doesnt have a great touch which would rule out the ball to feet and if he did have a chance on goal his decision making is in question (His late chance on goal where he decided to pass instead of shoot when about 12 yards out) Nish is probably a nice guy, but he has been playing bad and more blame must go to him for the result on Sunday. Gave away a penalty, didnt hold the ball up or win in the air which the formation required and got sent off. Yogi should have seen his mistake and sorted it, but didnt so a big mistakre there from Yogi. I can only assume that Yogi was giving Nish as much time to show what he is capable of, which is looking like not a lot!

lapsedhibee
14-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Only a matter of time shirley.

HibbyAndy
14-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Nish is the worst striker hibs have had for years IMO.

I know better players playing at junior level. i kid you not.

truehibernian
14-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Nish has a huge problem with his fitness in my humble opinion which dates back to last season as well. Against St Mirren this season it was so noticeable from 60 minutes onwards that he was quite literally struggling to breath. His vision and eye for a quick pass is terrible and against Brechin I honestly think he did the old "cluth my hamstring" to hide the fact he made a dogs breakfast of trapping a through ball which ran away from him. I am sure he is a nice big lad, but I wouldn't shed a tear if someone came in next window and took him off our hands. I also don't see this need for a "target man" if we are going to become a football on the ground team. Hibs need width, not physique, up front. Stokes and Riordan could do with some help from wingbacks or genuine wingers. Stretches the play and gives pacey players like Stokes, Benji and Zemmama room to break into space. Where is wee Ivan when you need him most :boo hoo:

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 04:56 PM

That's taken this too far IMO! :confused:

Sir David Gray
14-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Flicking on the ball once is not good enough for me. riordin and stokes were playing out of position for much of the second half because they were trying to get into the game and get the ball. I am not just looking at todays game for my view on Nish. I never rated him and he doesnt offer enough for the team. there is nothing worse playing off a target man that doesnt win enough, gives away fouls, goes down too easy and more often that not breaks up attacks by being offside. I just dont see what Nish has to offer for Hibs. Benji would have provided more presense up front in my opinion, he is much better and holding the ball up and turning with the ball. Nish is probably taking more flack because Yogi changed things from a working formation and team into one that was completely useless in the space of a game, but it still doesnt hide the fact that Nish hasnt been up to it in my opinion.

I never said it was good enough, I've already said that Nish was poor yesterday. The reason I mentioned that particular flick-on was because it happened right in front of me.

If we let Nish leave and he joins another SPL team, he would come back to haunt us, I can almost guarantee it.

lEXO
14-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Jesus is there no limit to some peoples nonsense quotes.This one really takes the biscuit.

RIP
14-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Nish is no target man and Colin knows this

Unfortunately it's the soft option for Mixu and now Yogi to use him as a long ball option

It's obvious Colin hates these tactics - he's virtually said as much. He knows the tactics are ineffective. He knows he can't show his best abilities playing this way

Yogi is destroying the guys confidence

HFC 0-7
14-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I never said it was good enough, I've already said that Nish was poor yesterday. The reason I mentioned that particular flick-on was because it happened right in front of me.

If we let Nish leave and he joins another SPL team, he would come back to haunt us, I can almost guarantee it.

Probably will score against us, does that mean we should re sign courier cause he has just done so and maybe van zanten just in case?

Golden Bear
14-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm not wading through this entire post so maybe this has been mentioned before.

Did anyone else think that Nish was almost relieved to be sent off and he seen it as "one in the eye" for the punters who were giving him mega abuse from the touchline?

Ozyhibby
14-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Unlucky to be sent off but if he plays again for Hibs then i fear yogi may not be the man for the job.

Jim44
14-09-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm not wading through this entire post so maybe this has been mentioned before.

Did anyone else think that Nish was almost relieved to be sent off and he seen it as "one in the eye" for the punters who were giving him mega abuse from the touchline?

:agree::agree::agree: I made the same point in an earlier thread last night. I described it as a deathwish action as he had totally lost the plot because of his nightmare game and the fact that he was having a go at the crowd. I don't think he could have got off the pitch quicker.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Unlucky to be sent off but if he plays again for Hibs then i fear yogi may not be the man for the job.

Mixu persisted in stupid formations, and rediculous team selection. I dont see Yogi doing so, he wont be that stupid.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Probably will score against us, does that mean we should re sign courier cause he has just done so and maybe van zanten just in case?

No, it means that I think we should keep Colin Nish, because I rate him as an SPL player.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Everyone should lay of Big Nish. Its so unfair to the way he gets slagged tae ****** every week and made a scapegoat. I was at the game yesterday and yes it was very poor performance from the WHOLE team not just nish who got fouled throughout that game and got nothing from the ref Mr Sommers who was a disgrace. I didn,t see riordan do anything yesterday apart from miss from 12 yards and throw his arms up in the air when he didnt get the ball, stokes wasnt much better he didnt seem interested at all.

Nish is a Hibs fans and he always gives 100% everytime he plays and you cant fault him for that. Id rather have a player who gives the effort and commitment every week than players who just turn up and don't care if the team lose or not. As for the so called fans that cheered when Nish got sent off get a grip man. Do you have any idea how demoralised he must be feeling just now and hes going to take a while to get his confidence back up and i bet none of you could do better if placed in his boots.

So the next time spare a thought for the big mans feelings and put yourself in his boots before your mouth almighty starts going ten to the dozen.

Oh and three the motor mouths that were sitting near me yest, your aw erses!

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I blame MOZHIBS1875 who was sitting in front of me at the game. First comment from him was and I quote "DO YOU THINK CURIOR MIGHT COME BACK TO HAUNT US?" my response being, no he's ****ing mince mate. Two minutes later GOAL!:grr:

The second comment, Riorden will miss this penalty Riorden steps up and bang he misses. :grr:

If you read this ya big mug, you were pash at fitba, your pash at tennis but your no bad at predictions. Gonne gie me a few tips for next week then?:greengrin

Allant1981
14-09-2009, 09:20 PM
IMO Colin Nish is a back up player. We have riordan and stokes and Benji at the club who should all be playing before him. Who cares if he is a fan of the club or not. Does this mean we keep all the crap at the club just because they support the team. At the end of the day we need the best 11 players on the field and IMO Nish isnt anywhere near one of the best 11

Littlest Hobo
14-09-2009, 09:29 PM
IMO Colin Nish is a back up player. We have riordan and stokes and Benji at the club who should all be playing before him. Who cares if he is a fan of the club or not. Does this mean we keep all the crap at the club just because they support the team. At the end of the day we need the best 11 players on the field and IMO Nish isnt anywhere near one of the best 11

Speaking of Benji, were was he?? Don't tell me he's sitting it out til Ramadan is over?? FFS!:grr:

silverhibee
14-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Speaking of Benji, were was he?? Don't tell me he's sitting it out til Ramadan is over?? FFS!:grr:

He was in the main stand on Sunday, he was in the squad but didn't make the bench or team.

silverhibee
14-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Mixu persisted in stupid formations, and rediculous team selection. I dont see Yogi doing so, he wont be that stupid.

So you will be dissapointed if Yogi goes with his 4-3-3 formation again at the weekend, and raging if he sticks with hogg again.
And you will have every right to if Yogi sticks with both decisions.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 10:43 PM
So you will be dissapointed if Yogi goes with his 4-3-3 formation again at the weekend, and raging if he sticks with hogg again.
And you will have every right to if Yogi sticks with both decisions.

Yip, i wont be happy if he persists in something thats not working, although he might surprise us and get it working.:greengrin

silverhibee
14-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Yip, i wont be happy if he persists in something thats not working, although he might surprise us and get it working.:greengrin

Here,s hoping BH.:greengrin

King Paddy
14-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes Nish was crap, but why are you all making him out to be the worst culprit in Sunday's performance. What about our new messiah Stokes and our prodigal son Deeks, IMHO they were as bad if not worse than Nish. :grr::grr:

RIP
15-09-2009, 08:15 AM
To quote Pat Nevin............

The main distinction between Nish, Stokes, Benji and Riordan is that Nish actually gives his all for Hibs

It must be heart-breaking for the big fellae to be bursting a gut in training and on a Saturday being used as the target man he knows he isnae while others hide

One thing Colin Nish does is do what he's told and stand up and be counted

If only others had as much courage and dignity

HFC 0-7
15-09-2009, 08:37 AM

The main distinction between Nish, Stokes, Benji and Riordan is that Nish actually gives his all for Hibs

It must be heart-breaking for the big fellae to be bursting a gut in training and on a Saturday being used as the target man he knows he isnae while others hide

Dont think Nish was busting a gut in the last few games, maybe because he seems very unfit. Nish seems to struggle to run 10 yards without being knackered. And to say that he isnt a target man? Fair enough but then what is he? His touch is not good and he cant run into space. I think Yogi was giving nish him a last chance at doing something he should be built for, a target man. Its not nice that he is being booed etc but its reality in football. Nevin was saying that he is a top guy and he always stands up and is counted, well, to me it looked like he couldnt get off the pitch quick enough when he was sent off. Nish done one thing well on Sunday and that was flick the ball on for Hanlon, and even then after heading it he crumpled in a heap. He is probably a nice guy but he doesnt have the ability.

Weir7
15-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Everyone should lay of Big Nish. Its so unfair to the way he gets slagged tae ****** every week and made a scapegoat. I was at the game yesterday and yes it was very poor performance from the WHOLE team not just nish who got fouled throughout that game and got nothing from the ref Mr Sommers who was a disgrace. I didn,t see riordan do anything yesterday apart from miss from 12 yards and throw his arms up in the air when he didnt get the ball, stokes wasnt much better he didnt seem interested at all.

Nish is a Hibs fans and he always gives 100% everytime he plays and you cant fault him for that. Id rather have a player who gives the effort and commitment every week than players who just turn up and don't care if the team lose or not. As for the so called fans that cheered when Nish got sent off get a grip man. Do you have any idea how demoralised he must be feeling just now and hes going to take a while to get his confidence back up and i bet none of you could do better if placed in his boots.

So the next time spare a thought for the big mans feelings and put yourself in his boots before your mouth almighty starts going ten to the dozen.

Oh and three the motor mouths that were sitting near me yest, your aw erses!

For me if I was Nish, id stop smoking, may have given them up but based on making one run and hands on Hibs blowing out his arse makes me think he aint fit.

As for him getting fouled, he spent the whole game wrapping his arms around Canning trying to win a foul instead of looking to win the ball. He makes no attempt to win a ball all he does is look to con the ref into giving him a foul. He was the same at Killie spends a large part of the game on the deck.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2009, 09:39 AM

:faf::faf: I have never in 40 odd years of watching hibs, seen a player who falls on his arse as much as he does. In fact some of the worst trainers in history perform a lot better than Nish does. Look at McGrath when at Villa, or even today, Ledley King. These players hardly train at all, hardly break sweat during the week, but do their gut busting were it matters, on match day.