PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the average Hibs player feels after a performance like today's?

Alicky Ranks
13-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I often wonder how players really feel about pitiful displays like today's. For all the talk during the build-up about how up for the game they were, how hard they knew Hamilton would make it etc, by all accounts they were NOT up for it. I expect to read the usual guff ahead of next Saturday about how they want to make it up to the fans against St Johnstone, but do they REALLY want to make amends or do they just feel they need to say that? Until we have a team which is clearly giving its all in every game, whether it's against the Old Firm or Hamilton I'll find it very hard to believe anything I hear from a player.

Mag7
13-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I've wondered that many a time. I think you have to assume they don't care anything like as much as the fans because if they did these sort of gutless displays just wouldn't happen. They might still lose plenty games but it wouldn't be through lack of application.

So in answer to your poll question, I reckon the mindset of those who played today falls somewhere between 'forgotten about it already' and 'disnae gie a ****'

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 07:43 PM
They have more important things on their minds....

Like remembering their bank pin number.

Weir7
13-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I often wonder how players really feel about pitiful displays like today's. For all the talk during the build-up about how up for the game they were, how hard they knew Hamilton would make it etc, by all accounts they were NOT up for it. I expect to read the usual guff ahead of next Saturday about how they want to make it up to the fans against St Johnstone, but do they REALLY want to make amends or do they just feel they need to say that? Until we have a team which is clearly giving its all in every game, whether it's against the Old Firm or Hamilton I'll find it very hard to believe anything I hear from a player.

listen to Yogi on the bbc web site. Not happy about how we train and the egos of some players

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I said other. They will be looking to improve but won't beat themselves up, it's their job.

Jim44
13-09-2009, 09:35 PM
listen to Yogi on the bbc web site. Not happy about how we train and the egos of some players

Yet it's not five minute since he was waxing lyrical about the great bunch of lads he had, going to sleep and waking up in heaven and everything in the garden being rosy :blah::blah::blah:. Make your mind up John.

Andy Bee
13-09-2009, 09:50 PM

You forgot about the staggering along George St arguing about what club they'll hit next option :dunno:

yekimevol
13-09-2009, 09:59 PM
only people who give a rats ass are yogi, murray and maybe riordan. you heard yogi on the bbc their training attitude is *****. there is a real opportunity this season for second place rangers are for the taking and celtic aint looking to hot either. we need to get this right now now:grr:

LancashireHibby
13-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Bad day at the office, little point on dwelling on it and instead look forward to next week and attempting to make up for today.

NOLA
13-09-2009, 10:03 PM
angry and frustrated, the win bonus the wife/girlfriend has already spent.

Brando7
13-09-2009, 10:03 PM

Sound to me Yogi is now finding out a thing or 2 about hiis current crop of players n recon a clearout my end of Jan if some of them don't buck up their ideas :agree:

weedgiehibbie
13-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Anything less than gutted then they can GTF

Im sure that the players are gutted and like me starting to look to the next game to put thing right but if not then questions must be asked as to commitment and willingness to win

Riordans Boots
13-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I think they will all be feeling crap and after a severe bawling from Yogi - hopefully they will get the message BIG TIME.

p.s I love Yogi :thumbsup:

Woody1985
13-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I suspect a lot of players do not give two ****s.

However, I'd like to think differently. Playing at amatuer level if we've lost, people haven't turned up or have been generally ***** there's usually a terrible atmosphere inside the changing room after the game. This comes from trying to achieve promotion to the next division / round of a cup. That is our reward.

We'll usually go out and have a laugh after the game and take the piss out of whoever ****ed up for the own goal or missed a sitter etc etc.

I know professional football is different as the players achievement is probably about their weekly wage but the banter will still be the same. I'm guessing they'll come across in the same way as my amatuer team.

I voted for the frustrated option although that is basing it on how I feel and I'd like to think the players would feel the same.

vahibbie
14-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Would loved to have voted for "gutted" tho sadly I think that would only apply to a few of them. I would imagine the majority will still sleep OK tonight.
W**kers:wink:

Steve20
14-09-2009, 05:13 AM
I would think some of them will not care less.