PDA

View Full Version : When are we officially in crisis?

Alicky Ranks
13-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Tongue in cheek question at this stage, but for all that most will shoot such a question down with the predictable 'it's early days, kneejerk reaction, just a bad day at the office etc', I think we all know that when it comes to Hibs a promising situation can VERY quickly turn into a downward spiral. I'll wager that if we lose both games to St Johnstone a lot of those who were prepared to write today off as a blip will be starting to worry.

King Paddy
13-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Crisis is to strong a word to use at this stage of the season, but if today's performance is anything to go by we are definately in for a long hard season. Quite frankly this was about the most inept gutless show i have seen from Hibs in ages. I now have reservations about yogi and can see why Falkirk were nearly relegated last season. I think his Honeymoon with the fans is over unless he bucks up his idea's and gets Hibs showing some effort and desire i dread to think what the future holds for Hibs this season. :grr::grr:

banarc7062
13-09-2009, 06:36 PM
From your heading you are obviously thinking along crisis lines already, tongue in cheek or not. Depends what you would call a crisis. For me being a Livi or a Gretna supporter that would be a crisis where they are about to padlock up the stadium. Gie Yogi a chance to settle things down.

chrisski33
13-09-2009, 06:45 PM
i wouldnt say losing this game means we are in a crisis or if we lose to st J, however losing today might be a good thing for the current players as might make them wake up to reality and make them work harder in the next few games hopefully!
im thinking positive!

Hibby 2005
13-09-2009, 06:55 PM
We are usually "in crisis" when we exit Cups early so the game against the Saintees will be very important given our stop-start form in the league.

The_Todd
13-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Crisis? The only way Hibs can be in crisis is if we get relegated. We are Hibs and for the majority of my Hibs supporting life this means being a mid table SPL side. This is simply normality.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy?

Its what the media cultivate and feed on. And maybe our expectations/cravings work against us as we lose patience?

Sometimes it doesn't matter what Yogi said as we all get caught up in events.

However it is worth remembering he sees this as a long term project that wont take weeks or months but years. He is putting the building blocks in place. He hopes we can see what he's trying to do.

I think he has lessons to learn but I'm sure he's big enough to admit that too. I would have hoped that Miller and Stokes would have been given time rather than (like JJ) being thrown into the mix. Perhaps its a ploy so if they dont produce the goods he can throw down the gauntlet too them (if they are part of the egos he refers to).

So crisis - for me no, just part of the life of a Hibee.

Mag7
13-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Crisis? The only way Hibs can be in crisis is if we get relegated. We are Hibs and for the majority of my Hibs supporting life this means being a mid table SPL side. This is simply normality.

Makes you wonder why anyone bothers going really.

Mag7
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Thought this thread was worth reviving after tonight proved last Saturday to have been a mere papering over of the cracks. Saturday could easily have been a similar scoreline to tonight had St Johnstone taken their early chances.

The defeat to Hamilton (especially the manner of it) really set the alarm bells ringing for me and I think a defeat at Motherwell on Saturday (they look a far more cohesive side than us at present) could set us on course for a Jim Duffy-style slide down the league. A long hard season beckons I fear.

Yogi talks a great game when it comes to all things Hibs, but based on the evidence on the pitch so far I fear he may not last the season. His players don't seem to share a shred of his enthusiasm and our third place in the league is both flattering and an indictment of the utterly s***e standard of Scottish football. His tactics may be questionable, but you'd think if you had a boss like Yogi you might at least FEEL fired up for work, but our players look like a rocket up their arse wouldn't motivate them.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Since about 1975..............

Alicky Ranks
22-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Since about 1975..............

That's fine then, mediocrity is the norm so we should just stop getting worked up about p**h results and performances. Nothing can be done, it's Hibs don't you know, so just pipe down and accept it.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 10:37 PM
When Hearts overtake us.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:37 PM
That's fine then, mediocrity is the norm so we should just stop getting worked up about p**h results and performances. Nothing can be done, it's Hibs don't you know, so just pipe down and accept it.

Exactly.

The only thing that will change it is money and we don't have that.

When new players and managers come in, they'll be as pish as the last set and every 10th manager will get everything falling into place at the right time and build a reputation off the back of it.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:38 PM
When Hearts overtake us.

They do that every season.

marinello59
22-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Tongue in cheek question at this stage, but for all that most will shoot such a question down with the predictable 'it's early days, kneejerk reaction, just a bad day at the office etc', I think we all know that when it comes to Hibs a promising situation can VERY quickly turn into a downward spiral. I'll wager that if we lose both games to St Johnstone a lot of those who were prepared to write today off as a blip will be starting to worry.

We are officially in crisis when we all agree with you. FACT.:greengrin

Mag7
22-09-2009, 10:46 PM
They do that every season.

Not strictly true, but they will this season.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Not strictly true, but they will this season.

Valid as a generalisation though.

NYHibby
22-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Hibs have not won a game I've been at in 103 weeks. Does that qualify as a crisis?

jakedance
22-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Depressing but absolutely true.

The_Todd
23-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Depressing but absolutely true.

I take no pleasure in being correct. The only thing which will change this is

1) A radical overhaul of Scottish football in general

and/or

2) A rich idiot with more money than sense plows it into Hibs.

Speedway
23-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I take no pleasure in being correct. The only thing which will change this is

1) A radical overhaul of Scottish football in general

and/or

2) A rich idiot with more money than sense plows it into Hibs.

This post is far too sensible for this community, it should be flagged.

The_Todd
23-09-2009, 09:14 AM
This post is far too sensible for this community, it should be flagged.

I don't know how it came out sensible, underneath this calm exterior I'm still utterly seething.

3rd place vs a trophy in the cabinet? I know what I'd prefer everytime. I'm so completely underwhelmed that come the end of the season the brasso will be staying in it's cupboard.

Again.