PDA

View Full Version : Today's ratings

DJ HIBBY
13-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Just back from the game, awful is the only nice word i can use to describe it. anyway player ratings

Stack - 6 not much to do, not at fault for any goals
Hanlon - 6 again not much to do but could have scored second half with good chance
Bamba - 7 our only player to get pass marks today imho
Hogg - 4 poor today and distribution of ball was terrible, slowly turning into a very poor version of gary caldwell
Murray 6 - tried nothing much to do
Rankin - 5 for me offers nothing, no creativity or anything, i think he will be the one to drop out when Zouma or Miller fit
Mcbride - 5 worst game so far him, but we were outnumbered in midfield
Cregg - 5 see McBride
Nish - 3 offers nothing, no movement, no strength nothing
Stokes & Riordan - 5 no service but both stuck out on wings and too far away from each other. i think they could work well but not 50 yards apart

Ref - 0 worst ref i have seen a while, how he never sent anyone off at the penalty i will never know!!! totally inept. we should have had foul for handball at their second goal

Yogi -3 could not see we were outnumbered in middle of park and changes did not achieve this either as it was like for like subs. in my view nish should have come off and extra man put in midfield.

lucky
13-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Stack 6 --unlucky with the pen had nothing to do all day

Murray 5--- Never a right back
Hogg 4--- His passing is awful
Bamba 4 ---Got given a hard time by Courier and was at fault for 2 goal
Hanlon 4--- Out jumped at the second goal and missed a good chance

Rankin 3--- Lucky not to be subbed
Cregg 3--- He seems to want to play the ball back all the time
McBride 5--- worked hard but no movement infront of him

Stokes 4--- was not interested in first half , improved slightly in second
Nish 3--- gets all the stick but this occasion it was deserved
Deeks 4-- worked hard but not his day

Subs
Zemmama 5-- tried to get things going but was silly delaying the penalty
Miller 5--- looks like he will be an asset
Bryne 2--- on very late don't recall him touching the ball

Yogi 5--- The team lacked shape today and there was no reason to change the team from the Celtic game

Ref 3-- Baffling decisions through out especially at the two pens which were given for hand ball but no player booked

Toaods
13-09-2009, 05:17 PM
not at game but Craig Paterson stated on Radio Scotland:

"can't think of one player who received passmarks, perhaps Stack who had no chance with either of the goals"

Dibben
13-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Just back from the game, awful is the only nice word i can use to describe it. anyway player ratings

Stack - 6 not much to do, not at fault for any goals
Hanlon - 6 again not much to do but could have scored second half with good chance
Bamba - 7 our only player to get pass marks today imho
Hogg - 4 poor today and distribution of ball was terrible, slowly turning into a very poor version of gary caldwell
Murray 6 - tried nothing much to do
Rankin - 5 for me offers nothing, no creativity or anything, i think he will be the one to drop out when Zouma or Miller fit
Mcbride - 5 worst game so far him, but we were outnumbered in midfield
Cregg - 5 see McBride
Nish - 3 offers nothing, no movement, no strength nothing
Stokes & Riordan - 5 no service but both stuck out on wings and too far away from each other. i think they could work well but not 50 yards apart

Ref - 0 worst ref i have seen a while, how he never sent anyone off at the penalty i will never know!!! totally inept. we should have had foul for handball at their second goal

Yogi -3 could not see we were outnumbered in middle of park and changes did not achieve this either as it was like for like subs. in my view nish should have come off and extra man put in midfield.

Agree with all that. As for the ref, can only presume none of the officials actually seen who handballed on the line, but the linesman, who gave the penalty, surely should be watching to see who committed the 'foul'...

BH.

pedroorange1875
13-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Stack 4 - nothing much to do, but no real command of area

Hanlon 3 - Annonymous mostly, should have scored

Murray 5 - Only defender capable of going forward with ball

Hogg 2 - dreadful, needs dropped even if captain

Bamba 5 - Handled most things ok, but nowhere at their goal

McBride 2 - A very poor mans Barry Ferguson

Cregg 2 - Headless chicken

Rankin 1 - Annonymous

Stokes 1 - totally dis-interested, no fight

Riordan 4 - Dangerous from set pieces, knew he would miss penalty far to much nonsense going on around him.

Nish 0 - UTTER WASTE OF SPACE, possibly the worst striker i have even seen in a hibs shirt including Konte.

Zemmama 2 - not the man to bring on 2-0 down and needing to fight

Miller 3 - looks like he can spray the ball about well

Byrne 1 - What is Hughes thinking with 2 seconds to go

Hughes - Got it totally wrong today, lets not hear the 3 hours I love hibs interview. tactically wrong

Ref - worst performance i have seen since Freeland against falkirk at Easter Road

DaveF
13-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone in a Hibs jersey = 0

Referee = 0 What a total fanny.

The_Horde
13-09-2009, 05:24 PM

Rankin 1 - Annonymous

Riordan 4 - Dangerous from set pieces, knew he would miss penalty far to much nonsense going on around him.

Nish 0 - UTTER WASTE OF SPACE, possibly the worst striker i have even seen in a hibs shirt including Konte.

Hughes - Got it totally wrong today, lets not hear the 3 hours I love hibs interview. tactically wrong

Ref - worst performance i have seen since Freeland against falkirk at Easter Road

Christ that bad?

If anybody knows this guy can you please remove all sharp objects from his possession?

Thanks. :wink:

pedroorange1875
13-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Christ that bad?

If anybody knows this guy can you please remove all sharp objects from his possession?

Thanks. :wink:

Hamilton (bottom of the league with only 1 goal and looking terrible in every other game) 2 Hibs 0...enough said:wink:

Toaods
13-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Rankin 1 - Annonymous

Having listened to the radio, that would literally agree entirely with the conclusions I have drawn. We have too many fans who believe someone is a good player and deserves a spot because they are a nice guy off the park.

Yogi needs to sharpen his axe overnight and swing it a few times on Tuesday morning.

NaeTechnoHibby
13-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Hamilton (bottom of the league with only 1 goal and looking terrible in every other game) 2 Hibs 0...enough said:wink:

Now that we have managed to get ICT oot the SPL we need another bogie team :rolleyes:

Looks like Hamilton have decided to bag the mantle :bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
13-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Why was Nish sent off?

Toaods
13-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Why was Nish sent off?

Repeat Gross Incompetence.......:dunno:

If Only
13-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Rankin 1 - Annonymous

A poor mans Barry Ferguson get a life

pedroorange1875
13-09-2009, 05:45 PM
i said very poor

If Only
13-09-2009, 05:47 PM
i said very poor

Oh very sorry so you did. So what

Westie1875
13-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Having listened to the radio, that would literally agree entirely with the conclusions I have drawn. We have too many fans who believe someone is a good player and deserves a spot because they are a nice guy off the park.

Yogi needs to sharpen his axe overnight and swing it a few times on Tuesday morning.

Nevermind Tuesday, tomorrow - they do not deserve a day off after that.

pedroorange1875
13-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh very sorry so you did. So what

can i have a life now sir?

TornadoHibby
13-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Why was Nish sent off?

Two yellow cards although watch the second one where the Hamilton no 6 cleverly pulls Nish to the ground from behind so that Nish lands on top of him and then feigns a facial injury which cons the useless twat of a ref! :agree:

The no 6 then does a "Low 5" with one of his team-mates as Nish gets the second yellow and then the red card! :grr:

I'm not a big Nish fan and thought that he was ineffective today but he was "not guilty" for the second yellow as I saw it! :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Rankin 1 - Annonymous

The Nish bashing at the game was cringeworthy, and "fans" clapping his sending off was poor..... Just look at the "messiah" Riordan who on 4k per week would rather keep throwing his hands in the air like a petulant bairn....

Yet he appears that he can't do no wrong..... Woeful

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Two yellow cards although watch the second one where the Hamilton no 6 cleverly pulls Nish to the ground from behind so that Nish lands on top of him and then feigns a facial injury which cons the useless twat of a ref! :agree:

The no 6 then does a "Low 5" with one of his team-mates as Nish gets the second yellow and then the red card! :grr:

I'm not a big Nish fan and thought that he was ineffective today but he was "not guilty" for the second yellow as I saw it! :wink:

Thought he was lucky not to be sent off for the first one :agree:

Saying that...he should never have been in the position to get the second yellow...why Hughes decided to hook Stokes instead of Nish i will never understand :confused: Agree with what's said earlier - a zero rating for Nish and up there with the worst centre forwards i've seen in a Hibs jersey :agree:

Judas Iscariot
13-09-2009, 05:57 PM
The Nish bashing at the game was cringeworthy, and "fans" clapping his sending off was poor..... Just look at the "messiah" Riordan who on 4k per week would rather keep throwing his hands in the air like a petulant bairn....

Yet he appears that he can't do no wrong..... Woeful

You luuurve Derek don't you..

Barrylavety
13-09-2009, 05:58 PM
just back :grr:

Stack - 6
Hanlon - 5
Bamba - 6
Hogg - 3
Murray 6
Rankin - 0 :wink: yup.
Mcbride - 7
Cregg - 5
Nish - 0 :wink: again
Stokes - 4
Riordan - 4

pish

hstn747
13-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Long balls to Nish just doesn't work. He is not the player to win the physical battle against two big, fouling, central defenders. If we were determined to play the long ball then Nish should have been put up against their left back ala Scotland with Naismith vs Van Bronkhurst.

Hamilton seemed to go man for man against us. Our full backs had men on them & the matched our midfield meaning we had little width and few options for a pass.

They allowed us to keep the ball just inside our half but shut down all our options for a pass. As a result, the ball just kept coming back to our defenders.

In a game where Hamilton made it all about individual battles, we should have had players capable of beating a man or at least capable of good close control to allow them to make a pass. I'm thinking of Zemmama & Wotherspoon.

Stokes' first touch was shocking today and the times he did get a second touch he mostly failed to find a team mate. However, he was being forced to come deep and take the ball with his back to defenders.

We could have done with players like Stokes & Zemmama running with the ball/turning those big central defenders as they were a pair of hoof it/ head it merchants.

Hogg & Murray seemed very quiet today for a captain & vice captain. Would have expected a couple of big tackles from Murray to get the team going.

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2009, 06:03 PM
You luuurve Derek don't you..

Actually think he is a woeful waste of natural ability and talent, and can't believe he thinks he is that good, that he does not need to be a part of the team......

Barney McGrew
13-09-2009, 06:03 PM
The Nish bashing at the game was cringeworthy, and "fans" clapping his sending off was poor.....

:agree:

Nish was poor today, but he wasn't alone - there were another nine who were just as bad. It seems we've found the scapegoat for this season.

The_Horde
13-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Actually think he is a woeful waste of natural ability and talent, and can't believe he thinks he is that good, that he does not need to be a part of the team......

I you're a striker and you recieve service like that you are going to get frustrated.

Hence Riordan throwing arms around, Nish being sent off and Stokes disappearing.

Yogi obviously has a vision of us playin 4-3-3/4-5-1 Barcelona style, but we obviously don't have the players to do that at the moment?

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I you're a striker and you recieve service like that you are going to get frustrated.

Hence Riordan throwing arms around, Nish being sent off and Stokes disappearing.

Yogi obviously has a vision of us playin 4-3-3/4-5-1 Barcelona style, but we obviously don't have the players to do that at the moment?

Agree to a certain extent, but Mr R could bite the bullet, be more pro-active and try to try and influence the game, rather than throwing hissy fits

Jim44
13-09-2009, 06:20 PM

I disagree, TornadoHibby. Nish clearly fouled the defender in a moment of anger and frustration. Seconds earlier he had been arguing with the Hibs support in the overspill area and I think he simply lost the plot. For the record, he definitely did not handle the ball for their penalty. He had an absolute nightmare of a game and I honestly think he'll sruggle to get back in to the team.

Taz_hibee
13-09-2009, 06:21 PM
just back :grr:

Stack - 6
Hanlon - 5
Bamba - 6
Hogg - 3
Murray 6
Rankin - 0 :wink: yup.
Mcbride - 7
Cregg - 5
Nish - 0 :wink: again
Stokes - 4
Riordan - 4

pish

Your having a laugh with Stack 6 & McBride MOM

Stack 4 at most, can't command his box, McBride 5 at most

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Not going to point the finger at anyone.

We were woeful as a team today. We had very few good passing moves, every player was 2nd to every ball. Hamilton players closed us down far to easily today.

On a bright note, we can only be better next week.

zlatan
13-09-2009, 06:35 PM

Nish was poor today, but he wasn't alone - there were another nine who were just as bad. It seems we've found the scapegoat for this season.

Nish was rotten today and I don't think he's good enough for a starting place with the talent at our disposal but I thought Stokes performance was much more cause for concern. Disinterested, every 2nd touch was a tackle and then blowing bubbles out his arse after half an hour. I was in the Hamilton end just behind the dugouts and JH and BR were screaming at him every few minutes because he was so badly out of position or just hiding altogether, I was amazed he came out for the 2nd half.

Like I said on the PM board he was either hungover or ill.

Darth Hibbie
13-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Anyone in a Hibs jersey = 0

Referee = 0 What a total fanny.

Pretty much sums it up for me.:boo hoo:

Thankfully I do not need to go back to work for three weeks so hopefully the accies fan at work will have forgotten all about it.

Barrylavety
13-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Your having a laugh with Stack 6 & McBride MOM

Stack 4 at most, can't command his box, McBride 5 at most

stack never did much wrong tbh
and mcbride was the only hibs player in the 1st half that wanted the ball.

Toaods
13-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I disagree, TornadoHibby. Nish clearly fouled the defender in a moment of anger and frustration. Seconds earlier he had been arguing with the Hibs support in the overspill area and I think he simply lost the plot. For the record, he definitely did not handle the ball for their penalty. He had an absolute nightmare of a game and I honestly think he'll sruggle to get back in to the team.

various people on Radio scotland were of no doubt the ball bounced onto Nish for handball.

it is also posted somewhere on here that Nish had his jersey pulled by the defender at the outset when sent off.

Perhaps your viewpoint wasn't the best for these incidents.

Hibby Bairn
13-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Nish was by no means the worse player on the park. Riordan and particularly Stokes were a couple of lazy barstewards.

Thought Rankin, McBride and Cregg battled really hard when completely overrun. Two of those 3 with Zemmamma and Wotherspoon with one less up front would have been better tactically. To ask Rankin, McBride and Cregg to create is asking too much.

Thought Stokes should have been off well before he was hooked. Inept, dis-interested and a big time charlie that needs to get his head down and work hard. 4 games and no goals from wonderboy. And that includes Brechin, Falkirk and Hamilton. If anyone was Colin Nish it was him.

PS....Hogg's passing from the back was embarrassing. But partly down to the 3 lazy barstewards up front and their complete lack of mobility.

Jim44
13-09-2009, 07:48 PM
various people on Radio scotland were of no doubt the ball bounced onto Nish for handball.

it is also posted somewhere on here that Nish had his jersey pulled by the defender at the outset when sent off.

Perhaps your viewpoint wasn't the best for these incidents.

Sorry, Taoads, but I had a perfectly good view and stand by my opinions, particularly in the sending off incident. Nish was raging with the crowds and it looked almost like a deathwish gesture. He deserved to be booked for his antics. Will there be any highlights for this game?

Jones28
13-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Why did Yogi change a team that came very close to beating a decent Celtic side? :boo hoo:

Argylehibby
13-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Nish was by no means the worse player on the park. Riordan and particularly Stokes were a couple of lazy barstewards. :agree:

Thought Rankin, McBride and Cregg battled really hard when completely overrun. Two of those 3 with Zemmamma and Wotherspoon with one less up front would have been better tactically. To ask Rankin, McBride and Cregg to create is asking too much.

Thought Stokes should have been off well before he was hooked. Inept, dis-interested and a big time charlie that needs to get his head down and work hard. 4 games and no goals from wonderboy. And that includes Brechin, Falkirk and Hamilton. If anyone was Colin Nish it was him.

PS....Hogg's passing from the back was embarrassing. But partly down to the 3 lazy barstewards up front and their complete lack of mobility.

:agree::agree:

Maybe the to$$ers who spend the whole game moaning at the only guy who tried a leg today will realise that their abuse might just get to the players and affect their performance.

Stokes was a joke today, never looked interested but hey he's a great signing so that’s ok. Deeks was in the huff before kick off but hey lets just blame Nish, easy target, cost less that Doris and no as talented as the guy that signed a contract in the Weeg that would do his beloved team out of a transfer fee. These 2 looked as if they had just gone from the pub straight to Hamilton but of course Nish should have made sure they were out the pub before he went home.

If the pass to Nish is too high, too short, too far ahead or behind doesn’t matter its still Nish's fault. The abuse from the stands to one of our own players today was embarrassing. :grr:

On Hoggs passing its clear teams are told to leave him as the free man at the back and press the others as his passing is poor. Three in midfield reduces his options and it showed big time today.

Toaods
13-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry, Taoads, but I had a perfectly good view and stand by my opinions, particularly in the sending off incident. Nish was raging with the crowds and it looked almost like a deathwish gesture. He deserved to be booked for his antics. Will there be any highlights for this game?

no need to be sorry Jim, I wasn't even there, but it's just that your view sems to havre differed from a few of the pundits, although I would also add that they knew it was a clear handball for the Hibs pn but weren't certain who it was and Craig Paterson thought Wesalowski should have been booked for shoving Zoomer into the box prior to it being taken....:cool2:

DaveF
13-09-2009, 08:42 PM
no need to be sorry Jim, I wasn't even there, but it's just that your view sems to havre differed from a few of the pundits, although I would also add that they knew it was a clear handball for the Hibs pn but weren't certain who it was and Craig Paterson thought Wesalowski should have been booked for shoving Zoomer into the box prior to it being taken....:cool2:

Pretty sure he was one of the two booked before the penalty was taken.

He also indulged in a bit of Martin Keown esque GIRUY to both Nish and Deeks after their misses.

Arse :greengrin