PDA

View Full Version : So Yogi - what ya gonnae dae aboot it?

RIP
13-09-2009, 04:59 PM
"We didn't turn up. I said they would have to come here and work.

"I picked my team and made sure I had some physical stuff in there, but we were second-best.

"Hamilton deserved to win the football match, which is disappointing for us.

"If we want to go where we want to go, the boys are going to have to do better than that.

"You're working with egos - guys who think they're better than they are. For me, it's a recipe for disaster.

"You have to play as an underdog, and anything you get you battle for.

"I need to get that right throughout my team. If I get that, I can take getting beat."

Be interesting what team Mr Hughes plays next week:hmmm:

Toaods
13-09-2009, 05:03 PM
sorry, I thought that was his post match speeches from last year...:wink:

BT58
13-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm sure Yogi will learn from this but will we? We underestimated Hamilton, rubbished them as being garbage, we still are.

Yogi needs time. we need to give him time and we all need to learn.

very true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the euphoria of the last week swept the fans into thinking, we now had a team who could beat anybody
well thats utter keek
we are certainly missing the big fella
hogg is never captain material
hes been the weakest link so far,yogi has some tough decisions to make in the next week
hb

Scorrie
13-09-2009, 05:21 PM
very true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the euphoria of the last week swept the fans into thinking, we now had a team who could beat anybody
well thats utter keek
we are certainly missing the big fella
hogg is never captain material
hes been the weakest link so far,yogi has some tough decisions to make in the next week
hb

Absolutely, not least giving himself a good talking to over the playing of 433

Spike Mandela
13-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Just wish Yogi would shut the **** up about all his 'we're gonna play like this', 'where I wanna take them', 'players with something to prove' bull****.

I cringe listening to his intervews and all the amateur psychology crap he comes out with.

I like the guy, I really do, but please Yogi just shut yer gob and get on with getting the team organised, playing for 90 mins and not losing the first bloody goal every game.

Oh and sign a bloody Centre Half!:bitchy:

Toaods
13-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm sure Yogi will learn from this but will we? We underestimated Hamilton, rubbished them as being garbage, we still are.

Yogi needs time. we need to give him time and we all need to learn.

no we didn't underestimate them IMHO.

They are rubbish - we are just unable to beat such rubbish.

The_Horde
13-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I respect your HO.

But that would suggest we are rubbishererer. but the consensus of opinion was that Hibs would win today therefore we underestimated their rubbishness or overestimated our non rubbishness.

Your talking rubbish.

Well someone had to.

Baader
13-09-2009, 05:34 PM
If you are a limited player who can't do much then that's fair enough. When you have players who are performing WAY below what they are capable of then that is unacceptable. Some need to buck up - and fast.

Toaods
13-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I respect your HO.

But that would suggest we are rubbishererer. but the consensus of opinion was that Hibs would win today therefore we underestimated their rubbishness or overestimated our non rubbishness.

everyone and there brother fancied us today as we were a stick-on.

I knew it was bad when Sporting Life tipped us in there Sunday betting tips.:greengrin

Gatecrasher
13-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Hibs were pish today, everything was done at jogging pace, our defensive frailties were badly exposed, no cutting edge, infact it was a throwback to last season where ironicly we beat hamilton 3 times.

Yogi has some work to do

ancient hibee
13-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Would I be right in thinking that this is the first time Hamilton have beaten us at home in 70 years?

Greenway
13-09-2009, 05:51 PM
For the last two weeks Yogi has been going on and on about treating this as a "cup final". Perhaps he might have thought to mention this to the players who thought they were on a day trip to Blackpool.

I couldn't believe I was watching such a gutless and clueless performance from a team that has been promising so much and delivered nothing.

That was quite frankly embarrassing from the 1st minute to the last. And for FS would someone explain the offside rule to Nish, as he has completely no idea what he's doing.

lyonhibs
13-09-2009, 06:01 PM
For the last two weeks Yogi has been going on and on about treating this as a "cup final". Perhaps he might have thought to mention this to the players who thought they were on a day trip to Blackpool.

I couldn't believe I was watching such a gutless and clueless performance from a team that has been promising so much and delivered nothing.

That was quite frankly embarrassing from the 1st minute to the last. And for FS would someone explain the offside rule to Nish, as he has completely no idea what he's doing.

It's not just his mastery of the offside trap that one could apply that judgement to.................. :cool2:

Yogi had better be cracking some skulls 1st training session back - just a good bloody rant about how lucky they are to play for our great club before they even kick a ball again in training should be enough.

If the players aren't professional enough to react to that, then it'll soon be the ER "Sortie" door for them :agree:

Robinho08
13-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Think this is the wake up call we all needed to be honest, specially with all the Yam and Nade bashing recently. Need to concentrate on our team more!!

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Yogi seems angry judging from his post-match comments. He has the right to be because Hamilton are poorer than St Mirren, falkirk and Celtic and unlike those games we never competed. You can't always perform, and the whole team had an off-day, but you can always compete. Had we done so we could have salvaged something.

But he has to take his share of the blame for bad tactics. Nish as a target man wasn't working. Fortunately CN did the honourable thing and got suspended for the next two games.

Two up front against Saints with Benji on bench please.

marxman
13-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Just wish Yogi would shut the **** up about all his 'we're gonna play like this', 'where I wanna take them', 'players with something to prove' bull****.

I cringe listening to his intervews and all the amateur psychology crap he comes out with.

I like the guy, I really do, but please Yogi just shut yer gob and get on with getting the team organised, playing for 90 mins and not losing the first bloody goal every game.

What are you talking about about!! we have one bad result and your telling the manager to shut his gob - do you mean he shouldn't give interviews?? As for 'amateur psychology crap' - he's tells it like he sees it - 'too many egos', 'players who thought they were better than they are' - do you disagree with that- Yogi is turning this team around, it's something that won't happen overnight it not Yogi whose spouting crap.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2009, 08:08 PM
What are you talking about about!! we have one bad result and your telling the manager to shut his gob - do you mean he shouldn't give interviews?? As for 'amateur psychology crap' - he's tells it like he sees it - 'too many egos', 'players who thought they were better than they are' - do you disagree with that- Yogi is turning this team around, it's something that won't happen overnight it not Yogi whose spouting crap.

Sure, give interviews just dinnae go on and on and on about all these methods and psychological techniques he's using as if he's Brian bloody Clough!

He needs to walk the walk not talk the talk.

Turn the team around then boast how you are doing it. Dinnae bang on how your doing this, doing that and then turn in a shocking performance like that one today.

Don Giovanni
13-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Think this is the wake up call we all needed to be honest, specially with all the Yam and Nade bashing recently. Need to concentrate on our team more!!

:agree:

Hopefully this result and performance is a wake-up call to the players, the management and the fans alike.

BEEJ
13-09-2009, 08:19 PM

"I picked my team and made sure I had some physical stuff in there, but we were second-best.

"If we want to go where we want to go, the boys are going to have to do better than that.

"You're working with egos - guys who think they're better than they are. For me, it's a recipe for disaster.

"I need to get that right throughout my team. If I get that, I can take getting beat."

I thought his comment about the players at training was interesting.

Can't remember the exact quote but he was concerned that they don't give it their all at training and that's what is often reflected on the pitch on match-day.

lapsedhibee
13-09-2009, 08:23 PM
that would suggest we are rubbishererer.

I don't think that's a word. Isn't the correct grammar "more rubbisherer"? :wink:

IWasThere2016
13-09-2009, 08:34 PM
It might be Yogi thinks he's better than he is also ..

NOLA
13-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Can't remember the exact quote but he was concerned that they don't give it their all at training and that's what is often reflected on the pitch on match-day.

if some players dont give it their all in training then why does he pick them for the starting line-up???

marxman
13-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Or maybe everyone has got a bit carried away after a few games and thought it would be too easy - fans and players alike. Yogi has never said we have the finished article - it just get to me how some folk can turn on him already after one game. especially when his post match comments seemed to be correct. today's performance was about poor attitude and that what his points all addressed. As for psychology - to think a modern day manager shouldn't know about player psychology is laughable - Yogi will get the best out of his players because he understands player psychology - sometimes he needs to supportive and other times - like today - he needs players to understand when their performances were not good enough

down the slope
13-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Can he turn a bunch of chocolate soldiers into something that will fight for the badge ?, time after time results like this happens and i can go back a bit i can tell you and it still hurts like hell that players put in a performance like todays.
I watched Motherwell play Rangers yesterday and they were light years ahead of us in work ethic and shape and this from a team cobbled together for nowt in a few weeks.

Hibs Spain
13-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Can he turn a bunch of chocolate soldiers into something that will fight for the badge ?, time after time results like this happens and i can go back a bit i can tell you and it still hurts like hell that players put in a performance like todays.
I watched Motherwell play Rangers yesterday and they were light years ahead of us in work ethic and shape and this from a team cobbled together for nowt in a few weeks.Yeh . I watched that game and was thinking Motherwell could give us a real doing.They were better than the Huns,should have won and I'd never heard of half of them...:dunno:

Riordans Boots
13-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Gogs, you forgot the inverted commas at the end of the quotes mate :grr:

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2009, 11:21 PM

I agree, i put more effort getting to the game than some of those did during it.

silverhibee
13-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I agree, i put more effort getting to the game than some of those did during it.

Aye but you didn't have a raging hangover like one of our players did today.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2009, 11:33 PM

Really, who?

oldbutdim
13-09-2009, 11:34 PM

:cool2:

Really?

Is this a "fact endoff" statement or can you provide a bit more info?

silverhibee
13-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Really, who?

I wont say who player is.
Sorry.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Sorry.

Does the manager know?

Betty Boop
13-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Sorry.

Ya big tease! :faf:

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 11:57 PM
ICT was our boggy team...

Has it shifted onto Hamilton now? :boo hoo:

silverhibee
14-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Does the manager know?

Nope.

Hibercelona
14-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Nope.

Well who ever it was, I hope they get found out soon.

Because we don't need that at the club.

And I really hope it isnt who i'm thinking of. He had his fun in the past, its time he gets his head down and focuses on his career.

vahibbie
14-09-2009, 01:33 AM

I got the impression from his Hibernian TV interviews that training was going well. If players are not giving what's expected of them on the training pitch they shouldn't be on the team sheet for match days.
They're no that good they can't run laps till they spew.

The_Horde
14-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Well who ever it was, I hope they get found out soon.

Because we don't need that at the club.

And I really hope it isnt who i'm thinking of. He had his fun in the past, its time he gets his head down and focuses on his career.

Can we take bets?

joe breezy
14-09-2009, 05:44 AM
It might be Yogi thinks he's better than he is also ..

I thought that when he was talking about leaving Falkirk to go down south

Hibs7
14-09-2009, 06:37 AM

If that is the case then Yogi should be told, that is TOTALLY unacceptable and needs to be stamped out NO MATTER who it is. !!!

Ray_
14-09-2009, 06:50 AM

:top marks I can't believe where those comments have been coming from recently, some were totally cringeworthy, as we have played badly all season. Signing a player or two wasn't going to make a difference, especially when the players signed didn't cover area's of the park where we are desperately lacking.

Toaods
14-09-2009, 06:52 AM
well, anyone can keep their head down and try to look sober, but what would be the obvious signs as a pro-footballer to being rat-arsed?

1. No reflexes

2. No movement

3. No heading ability.

4. No involvement

5. Shocking first touch.

so it's fairly obvious isn't it?.......they were all out on Saturday night....:dizzy:

Steve-O
14-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Well I wasn't even there but I will guess that it might be Stokes based on what some people have said. I should say I am not basing that on anything really and of course, it's simply a guess that certain player MIGHT be the one we are talking about having done something, or other...:greengrin:

If anyone is oot on the bevvy before a game they should be suspended for a month IMO, and fined as much as possible. Hard to believe any of them would be so stupid or have so little respect for their job to be honest.

Hibs7
14-09-2009, 06:57 AM
well, anyone can keep their head down and try to look sober, but what would be the obvious signs as a pro-footballer to being rat-arsed?

1. No reflexes

2. No movement

3. No heading ability.

4. No involvement

5. Shocking first touch.

so it's fairly obvious isn't it?.......they were all out on Saturday night....:dizzy:

There are at least 2 who would fit in the No. 5 on the list that I can think of .... Stokes and Nish.

Hibby 2005
14-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Funnily enough, when I heard we were playing Hamilton on a Sunday I thought some of the Hibs players will be out Saturday night as they'd reckon the result was a foregone conclusion. However, I didn't think they'd all be on the lash :greengrin

Also, whenver we play in our 2nd/3rd strip I always think we'll lose. Whatever happened to just playing in our 1st strip unless we really need to change it?

JimBHibees
14-09-2009, 10:58 AM
If one of the players has done this they should be punted pronto. Personally think it wouldnt be that easy to hide as it would no doubt affect performance at the level they are playing at.

Westie1875
14-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Whoever the culprit is I hope Yogi finds out, totally unacceptable behaviour.

You would also hope that the culprit gets absolute pelters from his team mates and captain on this.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2009, 11:09 AM
If one of the players has done this they should be punted pronto. Personally think it wouldnt be that easy to hide as it would no doubt affect performance at the level they are playing at.

The problem yesterday was it could have been any of the outfield players going by their performances.

Dinkydoo
14-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I was really angry at us on sunday from start to finish.

I don't get upto a lot of games and this turned out to be a bit of a wasted journey for me. I don't mind being beaten but not trying is a whole different kettle of fish.

A team consisting of.................

------------------Stack--------------------
McCann-------Bamba----McCormack-----Hanlon

Wotherspoon---Murray--Stevenson---Galbraith

---------------Byrne------Benji-------------

.............should play next week. That would hopefully give most of the culprits from sundays game the wake up call they need.

We may well get beaten again because of players being played slightly out of position and some maybe unfit but imo this is what needs to be done.

Absoloutley nobody starts every game regardless of the previous weeks performance in training and on the pitch

TornadoHibby
14-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Sorry.

Does the manager know?

Nope.

If this is true, and tbh, Silverhibee is usually on the money about this kind of thing, then Yogi MUST find out who this was and punish him severely such that others might just think twice before they do such a thing! :grr:

Can't imagine that it was Deek (Silverhibee seems to be very close to him and wouldn't drop him in it if it were him!) but also cannot believe that someone with a "raging hangover" from the night before was not smelling of stale booze (assuming it was a booze induced hangover ! :dunno: :hmmm: :wink:)!

Maybe that's what Yogi means by the "player's ego's being too big" in that someone felt they were so good that they could get trashed and still perform the next day! :confused: :dunno:

One way or another and, if this is indeed true, this needs sorted and fast! Expecting fans to pay to watch rubbish like yesterday when a player (only one Silverhibee? :wink:) thinks he can get trashed and then play the next day is totally condescending and disgusting! :agree:

Most of us work hard and long for our admission fee and deserve better IMO! :grr:

NOLA
14-09-2009, 12:08 PM

you sir are a wind up merchant! how do you know such a thing? unless you were out in the company of the player all saturday night? and if you were you did'nt think to mention "by the way,you've got a game tomorrow"? if your post was meant to be funny then you forgot the :devil:

hibhib7
14-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Oh and sign a bloody Centre Half!:bitchy:Spike - great post, you got everything spot on.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2009, 12:36 PM
If that is the case then Yogi should be told, that is TOTALLY unacceptable and needs to be stamped out NO MATTER who it is. !!!

I'll hang fire for now but if this becomes a problem then why not introduce breathalysers - for all - until they can be trusted as adults. This is serious as it appears to be a re-occurring theme. Anything that could impair performance and put off parents signing up should be swiftly dealt with.

sevenil
14-09-2009, 01:07 PM

Right on the money - another cringer here - I also like Yogi but he needs to leave out the long winded press interviews with their amateur psychology crap, until there is some success to talk about.

JimBHibees
14-09-2009, 03:01 PM
The problem yesterday was it could have been any of the outfield players going by their performances.

True enough though you would have thought their demeanour wouldnt have been so easy to hide.