PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

matty_f
13-09-2009, 04:59 PM
How did he do? :dunno:

Aubenas
13-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Not really on long enough to judge, but showed some nice touches, plays with his head up. Mind you, given the state of our midfield today........

lucky
13-09-2009, 05:20 PM
He looks like he'll do very well with what we saw him today. Linked up well with Zoumu. But it is early days.

banarc7062
13-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Could turn out to be a good signing. Has a wee bit of experience; still has a few years left in hime and may be a good foil for Zammama.

WindyMiller
13-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I we'd kept McBride on he might've got the chance to get forward.

Martin
13-09-2009, 07:42 PM
How did he do? :dunno:

Looked rusty and was robbed off the ball too easily

whiskyhibby
13-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I thought he played well , like others say, playing with head up and moving forward, a good addition to the midfield :agree::agree::agree::agree:

hibs0666
13-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Looks like an excellent addition to our collection of midget midfielders. We only need one or two more and we'll be able to do panto this Xmas.

Mikey
13-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Looks like an excellent addition to our collection of midget midfielders. We only need one or two more and we'll be able to do panto this Xmas.

Oh no we won't..............

Big Frank
13-09-2009, 08:00 PM

:faf::faf:

hibs0666
13-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh no we won't..............

All we need is a Snow White, but there isn't many of them amongst the burds that go to Easter Road. :duck: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Looked rusty and was robbed off the ball too easily

True Martin but why oh why was he deployed as the sitting midfielder when clearly that is not his forte?

Maybe it's the same logic that see's our club captain stumble through games making mistakes left right and centre and hoofing the ball upfield in the hope that a team mate might get it - yet he plays every week???

Big Frank
13-09-2009, 08:21 PM
True Martin but why oh why was he deployed as the sitting midfielder when clearly that is not his forte?

Maybe it's the same logic that see's our club captain stumble through games making mistakes left right and centre and hoofing the ball upfield in the hope that a team mate might get it - yet he plays every week???

:top marks
Time we, as a support had a good look at "oor wee Hoggy".

Honest questions needed.

No more than average at best for me.

woodythehibee
13-09-2009, 08:22 PM

to be fair to Hogg, he done well today. won a lot of aerial balls against Curier and the other striker.

Since i was sitting behind the goals, in the first half it was clear that from Hogg's perspective there was nobody really making themselves available for the pass from him. no runs were being made and we looked very static. Not exactly Hogg's fault...

although i do accept he had a few dodgy passes, but no-ones perfect

JimBHibees
13-09-2009, 08:24 PM
to be fair to Hogg, he done well today. won a lot of aerial balls against Curier and the other striker.

Since i was sitting behind the goals, in the first half it was clear that from Hogg's perspective there was nobody really making themselves available for the pass from him. no runs were being made and we looked very static. Not exactly Hogg's fault...

Think he is an appalling player and more bizarrely our captain. Totally confused by that.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Game of opinions Woody. I thought he was poor and that both he and Bamba couldn't cope with Curier

woodythehibee
13-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Game of opinions Woody. I thought he was poor and that both he and Bamba couldn't cope with Curier

fair enough, Curier did have a decent game and was always going to score. possible swap deal for Nish would go down well :wink:

Martin
13-09-2009, 08:37 PM

I think Hogg and Bamba have not blended as well as they could have, but they are only a few games into the season.

I was suprised when the changes were made, I personally would have put wotherspoon on right back and moved murray into the sitting role.

Regina Phalange
13-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Hogg had a decent game today and definitely had more success up against Curier than Bamba did. Defensively I can hardly recall him putting a foot wrong today.

His passing isn't great, and he played a few terrible balls in the first half, but Hogg isn't in the team because of his long range passing. The problem was that no one in midfield was showing for a pass apart from McBride, who was just showing and then giving Hogg the ball back. In the 2nd half he played a couple of better long passes towards Stokes, and Miller and especially Zemmama gave him an option in midfield who didn't just give him it back again. It also doesn't help that if he go for the hopeful punt the obvious target, Nish, didn't win a header in (nearly) 90 mins.

The groans from our support were ridiculous everytime he got the ball, and I'm sure that didn't help his confidence in his passing, but at least he continued to take the ball and never hid. He led by example and that's one of the reasons he is captain.

In terms of our centre back partnership I'm more worried about Bamba, but the real problem is that we have three nothing players in the middle of the park, which forces us to hit long where our powder puff front three hardly challenges for the ball, never mind wins it. Hopefully getting Miller in there will make a difference when he is fit.

500miles
13-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Played with his head up, and kept his eye open for passes forward - something that would have been more useful in a more advanced position.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Hogg had a decent game today and definitely had more success up against Curier than Bamba did. Defensively I can hardly recall him putting a foot wrong today.

His passing isn't great, and he played a few terrible balls in the first half, but Hogg isn't in the team because of his long range passing. The problem was that no one in midfield was showing for a pass apart from McBride, who was just showing and then giving Hogg the ball back. In the 2nd half he played a couple of better long passes towards Stokes, and Miller and especially Zemmama gave him an option in midfield who didn't just give him it back again. It also doesn't help that if he go for the hopeful punt the obvious target, Nish, didn't win a header in (nearly) 90 mins.

The groans from our support were ridiculous everytime he got the ball, and I'm sure that didn't help his confidence in his passing, but at least he continued to take the ball and never hid. He led by example and that's one of the reasons he is captain.

In terms of our centre back partnership I'm more worried about Bamba, but the real problem is that we have three nothing players in the middle of the park, which forces us to hit long where our powder puff front three hardly challenges for the ball, never mind wins it.

As I said earlier it's a game of opinions but I'm afraid I don't share yours on Hoggy. He was awful today, positionally and in his distribution with the ball. In a couple of minutes spell in the second half for example he watched as a ball sailed over his head and into the corner where it was reached first by a Hamilton player because Hoggy had been caught ball watching. As to his distribution I hear the argument that there wasn't much movement ahead of him at times but even when there was I'm struggling to recall a pass that reached its target!

Hiber-nation
13-09-2009, 09:08 PM

In terms of our centre back partnership I'm more worried about Bamba, but the real problem is that we have three nothing players in the middle of the park, which forces us to hit long where our powder puff front three hardly challenges for the ball, never mind wins it. Hopefully getting Miller in there will make a difference when he is fit.

Some very good points. Its fine having McBride, Cregg and Rankin in there when we're holding on to a lead but when we're chasing the game they just won't do. I think McBride does a good job in there - I'd far rather see Rankin dropped to make way for Miller when fit as surely Miller will not be playing a holding role.

lyonhibs
13-09-2009, 09:22 PM

He's not of Stevenson-esque stature is he?? Unless I'm much mistaken, is Liam Miller not 6 foot tall or so??

Big90inOz
13-09-2009, 09:45 PM
He's not of Stevenson-esque stature is he?? Unless I'm much mistaken, is Liam Miller not 6 foot tall or so??

You got the 6 right , unfortunately he is 5'6"

LancashireHibby
13-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Given how the game was going when he came on, Miller was on a hiding to nothing. Hamilton dominated the midfield all day so I think it's too early to judge him; best to give him a chance to start a couple of games and try to control the tempo a bit, though I do think he was muscled off the ball a little too easily on occasions.

lyonhibs
13-09-2009, 09:52 PM
You got the 6 right , unfortunately he is 5'6"

5'7" apparently - significantly smaller than I thought he was.

weedgiehibbie
13-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Miller was'nt any worse than any other Hibs midfielder today :duck:

tried to eat his marker and play a good pass, once he gets match fit and plays in a better performing tam will be a petter time to judge him - on todays crap not too bad

Jonnyboy
13-09-2009, 10:20 PM

tried to eat his marker and play a good pass, once he gets match fit and plays in a better performing tam will be a petter time to judge him - on todays crap not too bad

You're confusing him with Nade :greengrin

weedgiehibbie
13-09-2009, 10:23 PM
You're confusing him with Nade :greengrin

whoops!! :greengrin beat that should be - no doubt nade could have munched his way through the entire pie stock at New Douglas Park today

its bean a bad day ok! :greengrin

The_Horde
14-09-2009, 04:12 AM

The groundsman/kit man is slacking now too?