PDA

View Full Version : Yams have every right to laugh their heads off at that pathetic result

Mag7
13-09-2009, 04:16 PM
All the gloating of the last few days was nice while it lasted but when it turns out we're still actually p**h we haven't really got a leg to stand on when it comes to slagging off the yams.

How many we gonna stick past Accies...eight points clear of Hearts by Sunday...could we split the Old Firm...how brilliant are these signings...yadda yadda...as ever when it comes to getting optimistic about Hibs it's all hot air.

And no, I wasn't at the game. I ain't been to a game since the Hearts cup deafeat but I didn't need to be there today to know that losing 2-0 to Hamilton is AN EFFIN GARBAGE RESULT. Even Mixu managed to beat that lot.

Yogi revolution? Sure don't feel like it.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 04:20 PM
All the gloating of the last few days was nice while it lasted but when it turns out we're still actually p**h we haven't really got a leg to stand on when it comes to slagging off the yams.

How many we gonna stick past Accies...eight points clear of Hearts by Sunday...could we split the Old Firm...how brilliant are these signings...yadda yadda...as ever when it comes to getting optimistic about Hibs it's all hot air.

And no, I wasn't at the game. I ain't been to a game since the Hearts cup deafeat but I didn't need to be there today to know that losing 2-0 to Hamilton is AN EFFIN GARBAGE RESULT. Even Mixu managed to beat that lot.

And the winner of this weeks knee-jerk reaction award goes to....... :wink:

I can give you 40 million reasons why we can.

Plus, an interfering bampot owner who's turned them into a laughing stock, laughable limited usage of rented training facilities, their hilarious activity in transfer windows and of course, Christian Nade.

There, that's 40 million and four reasons off the top of my head.

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh, and despicably stealing money from den mothers.

There, that's 40 million and five.

Riordans Boots
13-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Plus, an interfering bampot owner who's turned them into a laughing stock, laughable limited usage of rented training facilities, their hilarious activity in transfer windows and of course, Christian Nade.

:faf: :top marks

matty_f
13-09-2009, 04:22 PM

If I was a Yam I'd be pishing masel' at the score today.

Thankfully, I'm not, so I'm going to conserve my energy by refusing to go all knee-jerk with my reactions to the result.

cleanyman
13-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Dont give it our if you cant take it back. Dont really get how a good few of our fans are obsessed with Hearts and vice versa.

Alicky Ranks
13-09-2009, 04:24 PM

I don't agree that is a knee-jerk reaction. Why is it always described as knee jerk when anyone comes on here to sound off about a c**p result? If these sort of results were once in a blue moon then fine, it would be harsh to be over-critical but they happen with such tiresome regularity that I think folk are right to express their frustration. No two ways about it, losing 2-0 to Hamilton is unacceptable.

Twa Cairpets
13-09-2009, 04:25 PM

Whit a loady keech

FACT.

sleeping giant
13-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I dont give a flying monkeys what are Yams are entiitled to do.

FFS they have to vacate "their" training centre at 2pm:faf: They shouldnt be laughing at anyone:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't agree that is a knee-jerk reaction. Why is it always described as knee jerk when anyone comes on here to sound off about a c**p result? If these sort of results were once in a blue moon then fine, it would be harsh to be over-critical but they happen with such tiresome regularity that I think folk are right to express their frustration. No two ways about it, losing 2-0 to Hamilton is unacceptable.

Losing 2v0 to Hamilton is unacceptable.

So yes, by all means, sound off about how bad today was because whatever way you dress it up, it's absolutely honking.

It's only one game though, it's not the end of the world and today's 2v0 reverse doesn't mean all the superb work in the past 3 months has been undone.

It's a bad result, it IS unacceptable, but we'll bounce back.

Hibstrooper
13-09-2009, 04:29 PM

I see this a lot however must have missed the joke - could someone eloborate on what this is all about?

truehibernian
13-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Too many people spend time worrying about "oneupmanship" on Hearts and what they are doing or how badly they are playing (in my opinion). Same with folk who seem to spend as much time on their forums as Hibs one's. Nothing beats winning against them for the bragging rights but maybe I am in a minority that says let them do what they do and lets just concentrate on Hibernian and how we play. For what it's worth also, the team, apart from today, are playing better football this year and have more quality. Early days and defeats often are the making of a side. Did Hamilton not battle out a good wee victory against Dundee Utd at this stage last season and hey, look how United recovered. Even last season Hamilton were not a side you could play football against because they scrap for every ball and want every point they can get. These are the nippy sides that you just know you could come a cropper against. I am sure that next week at Easter Road we will see a better performance, change of formation, and some better quality football, as McInnes like Yogi, likes his side to play football. Let Hearts fans have their wee gloat..........bothers me not a jot. Far better being a Hibee any day of the week :agree:

Petrie's Tache
13-09-2009, 04:33 PM
I see this a lot however must have missed the joke - could someone eloborate on what this is all about?

Wee Ardire jambo agrees:agree:

Alicky Ranks
13-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Losing 2v0 to Hamilton is unacceptable.

So yes, by all means, sound off about how bad today was because whatever way you dress it up, it's absolutely honking.

It's only one game though, it's not the end of the world and today's 2v0 reverse doesn't mean all the superb work in the past 3 months has been undone.

It's a bad result, it IS unacceptable, but we'll bounce back.

There's no evidence yet that the work done in the past three months is superb. Whether it is or not will surely be judged by how things pan out on the pitch. Based on today's result it's not looking good. I also don't go along with the 'it's only one game' cliche. If it was a game v one of the Old Firm which you don't expect to win then yes by all means shrug the shoulders and forget about it, but these are the games that have to be won if Hibs are to be taken seriously again. It's a very poor three points dropped.

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2009, 04:34 PM
That result was just bonkers!

Pop!

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 04:37 PM
There's no evidence yet that the work done in the past three months is superb. Whether it is or not will surely be judged by how things pan out on the pitch. Based on today's result it's not looking good. I also don't go along with the 'it's only one game' cliche. If it was a game v one of the Old Firm which you don't expect to win then yes by all means shrug the shoulders and forget about it, but these are the games that have to be won if Hibs are to be taken seriously again. It's a very poor three points dropped.

Track down a first-team squad list from back then to the squad list we have now.

Deadwood out, players with pedigree in. Work has been done. The results of it won't bear fruit overnight however.

Alicky Ranks
13-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Me neither, that was the final straw for me last season and I swore then I wouldn't be back until there was something to entice me back. I was almost duped by all the recent optimism into booking a flight home for a game sometime soon but today's defeat has banished such thoughts.

The_Todd
13-09-2009, 04:40 PM
They can laugh at that result, and they should. If they lost 2-0 to Hamilton we'd be laughing too.

I think today is a timely reminder that it's early doors in Yogis reign still and we're still a mid table mediocre SPL team along with nine other mediocre SPL teams.

We're just not as good as we let ourselves believe. Feet on the ground, people.

Mag7
13-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Too many people spend time worrying about "oneupmanship" on Hearts and what they are doing or how badly they are playing (in my opinion). Same with folk who seem to spend as much time on their forums as Hibs one's. Nothing beats winning against them for the bragging rights but maybe I am in a minority that says let them do what they do and lets just concentrate on Hibernian and how we play. For what it's worth also, the team, apart from today, are playing better football this year and have more quality. Early days and defeats often are the making of a side. Did Hamilton not battle out a good wee victory against Dundee Utd at this stage last season and hey, look how United recovered. Even last season Hamilton were not a side you could play football against because they scrap for every ball and want every point they can get. These are the nippy sides that you just know you could come a cropper against. I am sure that next week at Easter Road we will see a better performance, change of formation, and some better quality football, as McInnes like Yogi, likes his side to play football. Let Hearts fans have their wee gloat..........bothers me not a jot. Far better being a Hibee any day of the week :agree:

So when we're up against a 'nippy side' we should just accept a defeat is on the cards? Not much good playing nice football against other 'footballing' sides if we can't beat the likes of Hamilton.

DC_Hibs
13-09-2009, 04:46 PM

The way some of the fl@ps on here have been going on you'd think we were world beaters. Maybe they would realise this if they set aside their obsession with Hearts which is way OTT and will rightly see the Jambos loving todays result.

I still think we are moving in the right direction under Hughes and I am flying back the United and Hearts games as we are in better shape than we were under Mixu.

nonshinyfinish
13-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Wee Airdrie Jambo was a Yam cartoon character, a superhero of sorts, complete with cape and Ys outside his trousers. His chief super power was an all encompassing acquiescence to the whims of Mr. Romanov...hence the phrase "Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees."

His current whereabouts are unknown.

Phil D. Rolls
Where is Blackpool Hibs?

truehibernian
No, my point was that a team like Hamilton, bottom with no wins, is going to fight, scrap and battle for every single ball, just as they did last season. Although we won all three games last year (I was at two), we were fortunate to come away with at least two wins. Hibernian are a football side and never have had a nasty streak nor a combative quality. Sometimes that has been their failing in not being able to adapt to that style. For evidence, see the so called messiah Tony Mowbray. Fantastic one week at Easter Road getting 4 or 5 goal wins...........then a 3-0 or 2-0 defeat away to Inverness or St Mirren, similar types of team to Hamilton. Yogi is trying to get a magical blend of football, skill, and braun, but that isn't easy. You take these defeats on the chin and get on with the next game. I wasn't saying we just roll over and let teams like Hamilton take the points.

RIP
13-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Who gives a flier about Hearts? They are an irrelevance to me

In 53 years I've never talked to a Yam about Hibs - and I'm not going to start now

That's good advice btw

jacomo
13-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Me neither, that was the final straw for me last season and I swore then I wouldn't be back until there was something to entice me back. I was almost duped by all the recent optimism into booking a flight home for a game sometime soon but today's defeat has banished such thoughts.

Well at least Yogi is under no illusions about the job he's got ahead of him. He might see some signs of progress, but unless you are persuaded to fly back from Muscat, he's a failure eh?

:bitchy:

FWIW I wasn't at today's game either, so will listen to the views of others who were. But it's clear that Hibs are going to have their ups and downs this season, with a new manager and a reshaped squad.

Maybe, a little patience is called for?

TornadoHibby
13-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Never felt so let down by a Hibs teams desire to win a match and their individual and collective effort and application as I was today! :grr:

To make things worse I took the wife for her first away match for a while and she actually said on the way back to the car that she couldn't believe how bad Hibs had been and how could I possibly enjoy watching that week in week out! :confused:

Was very difficult to try and persuade her that we really aren't normally that bad but I decided not to even try to! Some things are better left alone and unjustified! :wink:

joe breezy
13-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Never felt so let down by a Hibs teams desire to win a match and their individual and collective effort and application as I was today! :grr:

To make things worse I took the wife for her first away match for a while and she actually said on the way back to the car that she couldn't believe how bad Hibs had been and how could I possibly enjoy watching that week in week out! :confused:

Was very difficult to try and persuade her that we really aren't normally that bad but I decided not to even try to! Some things are better left alone and unjustified! :wink:

Wasn't at the game myself but have felt let down by Hibs on many occasions

Peevemor
13-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Who gives a toss what they think of us? Just let them get on with making an arse of themselves.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Track down a first-team squad list from back then to the squad list we have now.

Deadwood out, players with pedigree in. Work has been done. The results of it won't bear fruit overnight however.

Hardly merits the term 'superb work' though does it PH.

We got rid of a shed load of players and signed 2 journeymen from Falkirk, a journeyman goalie and a youngster from Man U who never seems to get a game. Stll haven't replaced our defensive mainstay and captain.

As for players with pedigree that's a bit of a grand title for two guys who basically failed to enhance their pedigree down South.

Encouraging work PH but not Superb!!

Mibbes Aye
13-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Wee Airdrie Jambo was a Yam cartoon character, a superhero of sorts, complete with cape and Ys outside his trousers. His chief super power was an all encompassing acquiescence to the whims of Mr. Romanov...hence the phrase "Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees."

His current whereabouts are unknown.

He's bluffing.

Wee Airdrie Jambo was one of a number of draft marketing creations, never actually broadcast as an advert in the end, as Churchill eventually went with the dog that says "Oh yes".

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 06:05 PM

We got rid of a shed load of players and signed 2 journeymen from Falkirk, a journeyman goalie and a youngster from Man U who never seems to get a game. Stll haven't replaced our defensive mainstay and captain.

As for players with pedigree that's a bit of a grand title for two guys who basically failed to enhance their pedigree down South.

I'm speaking more in terms of the "work" that was carried out in the 2/3 years preceding it in a personnel sense.

I would also wager that those two journeymen from Falkirk have been two of our better players this season (although Cregg is debatable I suppose).

And the journeyman goalie looks a far better bet than Makalambay does (I'm basing that on his performances pre-Hibs).

Lots of players fail down South, again however, I'm basing that on their performances when they were playing regularly.

'tis just the optimist in me, Spike :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
13-09-2009, 06:12 PM
'tis just the optimist in me, Spike :thumbsup:

I know I'm a pessimist at heart PH that is why I support Hibs. They keep my cup permanently half empty.:wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I know I'm a pessimist at heart PH that is why I support Hibs. They keep my cup permanently half empty.:wink:

I try to be a realist at all times and I can honestly say I had a sneaky suspicion that we'd come unstuck today.

Didn't bank on us doing so in such spectacular fashion mind you, I was thinking maybe a no-scoring draw where we'd miss a hatful of chances.

By the sounds of it, it was a ****less, disjointed, disorganised performance without fight or passion.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Put simply, that was humiliating gutless rubbish. What rubs it in, is Yogi's words today in the papers about players needing to know what it is to play for Hibernian. If that is all that it means, then FFS it is going to be a long haul. A set of players with decent contracts tucked into the hipper in the knowledge that the window is shut and their beans guaranteed. If we had seen that under MP, I have no doubt that this website would have fallen over with the hits. Class act on show for me was Richard Hastings. A player that if his name had been linked with us, even on a Greggs post would have been mega scoffed at. The Accies were overdue a result against us, but that non-event today was unacceptable.:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::g rr::grr::grr:

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 06:18 PM
We had 1 really poor performance and lost.... it was going to happen at some point... and it happened today.

We are a good side who under performed today.

Hearts are rotton to the core and are run by a mad russian man and we will finish above them this season.

End of.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2009, 06:20 PM

Who cares what the Yams think, the classless inbred numpties?:grr::grr:

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Hamilton were the worst team we've played this season. We didn't perform, which is on occasion acceptable, but we didn't compete, which isn't. Yogi will not be happy, and he won't settle for players who don't give their all.

The Yams - who cares? We'll laugh at them when they have bad results, they'll return the favour when the situation is reversed. I suspect we'll be laughing more than them this season.

Hibercelona
13-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Hamilton were the worst team we've played this season. We didn't perform, which is on occasion acceptable, but we didn't compete, which isn't. Yogi will not be happy, and he won't settle for players who don't give their all.

The Yams - who cares? We'll laugh at them when they have bad results, they'll return the favour when the situation is reversed. I suspect we'll be laughing more than them this season.

:thumbsup:

So will every other club in the SPL, like we all do every season.

They really are the laughing stock of football. :agree:

Hibee_Rab
13-09-2009, 06:51 PM

We lost one game. I'm not criticizing you for not being at the other games but if you had you would have seen the improvement in the way we have been playing, one bad result doesn't change that.

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2009, 06:56 PM
We lost one game. I'm not criticizing you for not being at the other games but if you had you would have seen the improvement in the way we have been playing, one bad result doesn't change that.

We were not wholly convincing against either St Mirren or Falkirk.......

Needs to scrap his 4-3-3 and get back to basics

Ryan_O_F
13-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Look on the bright side lads:duck:
We can't play big Colin Pish for a while :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mag7
13-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Look on the bright side lads:duck:
We can't play big Colin Pish for a while :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As I said, I wasn't there today but I would be confident in assuming he was no worse than anyone else in a Hibs shirt. I think Hibs deserve all the criticism that comes their way for a shocker of a result like that, but to single out players for that sort of abuse ain't on IMHO. It's the sort of thing yams do.

Woody1985
13-09-2009, 08:03 PM

Aren't journeymen players who've usually been around the block 'doing a job' and picking up wages all over the place? Do McBride and Cregg fit that given their relatively young age?!!

hibbymac
13-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Maybe some Glory you are hunting :dunno:

Spike Mandela
13-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Aren't journeymen players who've usually been around the block 'doing a job' and picking up wages all over the place? Do McBride and Cregg fit that given their relatively young age?!!

Fair do's Woody. Should have said mediocre players.:dummytit:

Hiber-nation
13-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't give a monkeys what hearts supporters think about that pitiful display today but the obsession some folk on here have with them is quite bizarre I have to say.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Don't give a monkeys what hearts supporters think about that pitiful display today but the obsession some folk on here have with them is quite bizarre I have to say.

I don't obsess over them. I just laugh a lot. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2009, 09:36 PM

I wonder what they would say about that.:confused:

hibs1875aye
14-09-2009, 11:21 AM

We were pish. I disagree with you though. We have 6 points and sitting 5th. The yams have 1 point and are sitting 11th.

The table does not lie. We were unfortunate against celtic as well it has to be said.

We were however pish against Hamilton, this much cannot be argued by anyone with eyes!

Jonnyboy
14-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Can't believe this thread has reached two pages! Surely the vast majority of Hibs fans don't give a toss what Hearts fans think?

As far as I'm concerned the vast majority of beLIEvers talk Nade :greengrin