PDA

View Full Version : Driving Through Past Haymarket Yesterday...

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2009, 11:17 AM
...it was strange to see those hordes of even more bemused faces than usual walking AWAY from the ground. To the wife's chagrin, I stopped and asked a couple of maroon-clad chaps what had happened.

Now I have to confess that I simply don't have the words to convey the stupified expressions and the inarticulate (and competing and contradictory) rambling stories I got back from the two Yams in question. Yes, it was a rather puzzling set of events, and with little precedent, but it wasn't as if I was asking them to explain the phenomenon of black holes in space. A simple 'the game was postponed because the Killie team bus was held up in an accident on the road' would have done nicely.

One chap finished his excited spiel by saying he "was heart sick, as it was a perfect day for football and i'd been really looking forward to the game." I confess it was rather rude, but at that point I couldn't help but start laughing my head off. For some reason it all just seemed so perfect. There was nothing I could do but drive off, s******ing, trying to explain Yams to my English spouse, shaking my head with laughter and contemplating cosmic forces, wondering if this could possibly have happened to any other set of fans in Scotland.

These chaps are just natural entertainers.

weecounty hibby
13-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Except of course when you are talking about their team on the park. Hoooooooof!

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2009, 11:26 AM
...it was strange to see those hordes of even more bemused faces than usual walking AWAY from the ground. To the wife's chagrin, I stopped and asked a couple of maroon-clad chaps what had happened.

Now I have to confess that I simply don't have the words to convey the stupified expressions and the inarticulate (and competing and contradictory) rambling stories I got back from the two Yams in question. Yes, it was a rather puzzling set of events, and with little precedent, but it wasn't as if I was asking them to explain the phenomenon of black holes in space. A simple 'the game was postponed because the Killie team bus was held up in an accident on the road' would have done nicely.

One chap finished his excited spiel by saying he "was heart sick, as it was a perfect day for football and i'd been really looking forward to the game." I confess it was rather rude, but at that point I couldn't help but start laughing my head off. For some reason it all just seemed so perfect. There was nothing I could do but drive off, s******ing, trying to explain Yams to my English spouse, shaking my head with laughter and contemplating cosmic forces, wondering if this could possibly have happened to any other set of fans in Scotland.

I reckon by the end of the season, they'll be taking this franchise to other stadiums throughout Scotland. It would be a perfect quiz show - "I Have No Yams For You", or "Mock the Yams". They show up on a Scottish high street, and locals have to guess the reason why their team haven't showed up this week.

To make it easier they will have a choice of answers such as: accounting blip; fax machine error; strips still at laundry; Nade blocks door of bus, trapping team inside; Inland Revenue instructions. etc

Zorro
13-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Stranraer V Berwick,same incident although we are talking 39,750 fewer fans.

surely you mean 399,750??! :wink:

Hibby70
13-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I was in town at 3pm yesterday thinking it would be safe and void of Yammentities.

The police have acted disgracefully in my opinion. They should have allowed the Yams into the ground and kept them their till 4:45pm. I mean there were lots of families in the gardens yesterday enjoying the sun only for those horrible dark browny coloured shirts to start absorbing the sun and good vibes.

Toaods
13-09-2009, 12:58 PM
should have let the Yam clowns just turn up and sit in their seats...they never really look at the game anyway.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2009, 01:09 PM

The Yams fixed it to enable them to play their fixture against Atletico Killiepies on Champions League night. There was no incident on the M8 - it was all made up. Why else would Hearts take delivery of only 2,000 pies on Saturday morning - Nade's weekly remuneration. Simple...because there was no game due to take place.