PDA

View Full Version : To see ouselves as others see us...

McSwanky
13-09-2009, 09:36 AM
We all know how we feel abou certain other teams in the SPL, but how do you think their fans feel about us?

Here's my stab (for obvious reasons - i.e. we know exactly how they feel about us - I'm going to ignore Hearts....):

Rangers - dislike us, but think of us (as they do 9 others) as pretty irrelevant.

Celtic - see us as their little brothers in arms, think we share a mutual hatred of Rangers (when in fact, most of us see them both as 2 sides of the same 'orrible coin...)

Dundee Utd - probably dislike us more than most, due in part to a certain Matty Jack :wink:

Motherwell - ???

St Mirren - ???

Aberdeen - always thought there was something of a mutual respect between us and them - plus they seem to hate the Yams almost as much as us :greengrin

Kilmarnock - ???

St Johnstone - too busy admiring their tractors to worry about us???

Falkirk - probably didn't mind us until we nicked their manager and half their first team

Hamilton - not sure they have any strong feelings, my Uncle is a Hamilton fan, and seems to like Hibs well enough, but not sure how the majority of them feel

Hibstrooper
13-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Aberdeen - always thought there was something of a mutual respect between us and them - plus they seem to hate the Yams almost as much as us :greengrin

I was checking out some other teams boards the other day to gauge reaction to Miller's signing.

You should have seen the hibees love-in on the Aberdeen board :greengrin

Many of them were saying they had a soft spot for Hibs and were a bit jealous of our team and spending power.

degenerated
13-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I was checking out some other teams boards the other day to gauge reaction to Miller's signing.

Many of them were saying they had a soft spot for Hibs and were a bit jealous of our team and spending power.

It's difficult not have a soft spot or at least respect for Aberdeen. What they achieved in the 80's is phenomenal and their support has always been impressive. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2009, 10:44 AM
We all know how we feel abou certain other teams in the SPL, but how do you think their fans feel about us?

Here's my stab (for obvious reasons - i.e. we know exactly how they feel about us - I'm going to ignore Hearts....):

Rangers - dislike us, but think of us (as they do 9 others) as pretty irrelevant.

Think they hate us more than other teams, because of the Irish history.

Celtic - see us as their little brothers in arms, think we share a mutual hatred of Rangers (when in fact, most of us see them both as 2 sides of the same 'orrible coin...)

They like us till we go in front, then they change from cheery, "hail fellow well met" types into psychotic, paranoid mental pygmies. Nasty pieces of work on the whole.

Dundee Utd - probably dislike us more than most, due in part to a certain Matty Jack :wink:

They seem to have an irrational dislike of us.

Motherwell - ???

Hate everyone.

St Mirren - ???

Don't think they give a toss about us.

You could be right, there is certainly a degree of respect between the clubs, that we don't have elsewhere.

Kilmarnock - ???

Decent enough blokes, never had any real niggle from them, a few loonies in their support have a loyalist bent, but I don't think they mind us. They showed us respect the season we got relegated - the last game of the season was at Rugby Park.

St Johnstone - too busy admiring their tractors to worry about us???

Pretty much spot on, they don't get wound up about much. I like the Saints though - where else do you get hot home made soup at the "tea bar", and "dough rings" as well.

Falkirk - probably didn't mind us until we nicked their manager and half their first team

I think they hate the very ground they walk on, mental twisted support that thrive on negativity.

Hamilton - not sure they have any strong feelings, my Uncle is a Hamilton fan, and seems to like Hibs well enough, but not sure how the majority of them feel

Do they even know who we are?

My thoughts in bold. I also get the impression that Hearts aren't very fond of us, sad to see such hatred from a once big team.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2009, 11:00 AM
My thoughts in bold. I also get the impression that Hearts aren't very fond of us, sad to see such hatred from a once big team.

It's sad to see the decline in such a great Edinburgh institution, once renowned the world over for it's fairness, sense of decency, stance for empire and against fascism in two world wars, and sound, frugal accounting practises, reduced to this bitter, carping, paranoid mess.

We must take responsibility for this. It's our signing decent players that seems to have tipped them over the edge. What right have we to be so presumptuous and upset the natural order of things in this thoroughly despicable manner? Let's give back Stokesy and Miller right away.

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2009, 11:03 AM
It's sad to see the decline in such a great Edinburgh institution, once renowned the world over for it's fairness, sense of decency, stance for empire and against fascism in two world wars, and sound, frugal accounting practises, reduced to this bitter, carping, paranoid mess.

We must take responsibility for this. It's our signing decent players that seems to have tipped them over the edge. What right have we to be so presumptuous and upset the natural order of things in this thoroughly despicable manner? Let's give back Stokesy and Miller right away.

Never mind RBS, what about Hearts? They're in pretty much the same boat. They used to be big shots, looking down on the hoi polloi from their Camelot. Now they are reduced to sponging off the government, and blaming everyone else for their stupidity.

Eet's injustice yes it is, they were beeg and we were so small.

col02
13-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Personally speaking the respect would be reciprocated by me towards Aberdeen supporters as from experience they are a decent bunch in the main!

The_Todd
13-09-2009, 11:56 AM
TBH most other fans probably see us as we see them:"Meh"

Jack
13-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I used to hate Aberdeen, 3-2 defeat in the 70s when a smug sheep stood at the exit of the East and waved his scarf in my face. As close as I've ever come to smacking a stranger one.

In these days of the internet they come across as a decent lot with a good sense of humour. With McGhee there I'll not wish them well but the fans are still OK.