PDA

View Full Version : Riordan For Scotland?

YehButNoBut
13-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Great interview in todays Scotsman with Yogi talking about Deeks being the kind of player Scotland would benefit from.

Like the quotes about Deeks nightlife

"He thinks the penny has dropped and the player is finally fully focused on his football, the complications of nightclub bans and untimely drinking sessions hopefully behind him. "I won't sit here and say 'Aye, that's definitely in the past' only to pick up a paper next week thinking 'Oh, c'mon Derek' and find he has let himself, as well as everybody connected with the club, down again," he says, "but I have to trust him."

Then he goes on to add

"But what (the players] don't know is that it's all my mates that are on the doors (at the nightclubs] and I know where every one of them is! Honestly, I'm serious, and I can see them thinking 'how does he know that?' but I'm getting texts all the time from the boys on the door but as long as they come in here and work hard and they are out at the right time then that's OK." :faf::faf:

If Yogi gets him focussed on his football I think he will be a certainty for the Scotland squad in the future and then it's up to him to take the opportunity. :thumbsup:

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Interview-John-Hughes-Hibs-manager.5642318.jp

500miles
13-09-2009, 08:58 AM
I made a point when Stokes joined about Riordan lifting his game under pressure from another prolific goalscorer. And I really believe that has been the case. Against Celtic and in the cup, Riordan was pressurising defenders, and dropping out wide to track the runs of the fullback. He's also trying to mix it up with defenders a bit, although I fully accept, this will never be his forte.

It will see him get a lot more possession, and therefore allow him more oppertunities. The next thing he needs to do is, at times, play closer to his strike partner. Nish against St. Mirren knocked down a lot of good balls for Riordan to run on to, but the big man found himself isolated a bit.