PDA

View Full Version : Adebayor

Gatecrasher
12-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Should have the book thrown at him for stamping on van persie's face

Gus
12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
this guy is not wired right. Granted he's playing against his old club where there seems to be no love lost but:

1: Running 90 yards after scoring to the Arsenal fans is stupidity after recent events

2: The stamp, the more you look at it the worst is gets, he actually seems to look to see where the head is.....DISGRACEFUL

ruined an excellent 2nd half of football IMO

Biggie
12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
couldn't agree more......dirty bassa....not to mention his crazy goal celebration.

hibsdaft
12-09-2009, 10:45 PM
first time i saw the stamp i didn't think there was much in it, but you have to see it from a certain angle to realise he deffo means it.

the run to his former fans was ott but not that big a deal imo, he apologised and it was heat of the moment - you can't take the passion out of the game. if i was a City fan i'd love it.

throw the book at him for the stamp though.

hibsbollah
12-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Nothing wrong with the celebration. Arsenal fans had been giving him pelters all game. Just part of the theatre:agree:
The kick at VP looked deliberate though, would imagine he'll be banned for 2 games at least.

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2009, 10:57 PM
this guy is not wired right. Granted he's playing against his old club where there seems to be no love lost but:

1: Running 90 yards after scoring to the Arsenal fans is stupidity after recent events

I loved it when Benji did it against hearts after scoring for us.
2: The stamp, the more you look at it the worst is gets, he actually seems to look to see where the head is.....DISGRACEFUL
Yip, a terrible thing to do, should get a long ban for that, 6 games minimum

Really, cant say it ruined it for me.

A great game of football, that could have ended up 5-5. I think today signaled that Man City will be a force this season, they may even break into the top 4.

California-Hibs
12-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Reminded me of when Benji scored the winning goal against the jambos and turned and sprinted towards the south stand. Who knows how far he would have went if Zibbi hadnt got to him first!

Pete
12-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Nothing wrong with the celebration. Arsenal fans had been giving him pelters all game. Just part of the theatre:agree:
The kick at VP looked deliberate though, would imagine he'll be banned for 2 games at least.

given the circumstances in which he left you just don't do that. He even admitted himself he was out of order by apologising to the Arsenal fans.

As for the "opposing fans were giving him pelters" argument...so what?

The guy is paid over £100000 a week and he should be above provocation in any form. It's time footballers realised that fans have an emotional attatchment to their club which can't ever change...unlike footballers loyalties...so reactions like the Arsenal fans' are just normal.

J-C
12-09-2009, 11:40 PM
He seemingly almost broke Fabregas's ankle in a terrible tackle.

The_Horde
13-09-2009, 12:27 AM
If he stamped on the guy, then he should have 'the book thrown at him'.

He gets paid too much to get involved in any of that shenanigans, granted RVP does come across as a right pr!ck.

sevenil
13-09-2009, 12:33 AM
A right what?

How is that ? one of the most skilful and dangerous strikers in Europe.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Shocking stamp on Van Persie. Very fortunate not have received yellow or red card.

As for him celebrating his goal in front of the Arsenal fans after running the full length of the pitch. Just a shame the stewards stopped the Arsenal fans from getting on the pitch as I would've liked to have seen the outcome. :agree:

Good player but terrible attitude today.

The_Horde
13-09-2009, 12:44 AM
A right what?

Not doubting his quality, hes a cracking player.

Just whenever i've seen him play his attitude stinks and its like nobody is allowed to touch him.

Hank Schrader
13-09-2009, 01:08 AM
A right what?

:confused: I thought Ben was commenting on his personality and not his skill level.

Regardless, Adebayor has proven by his antics today that he is indeed a right prick.

Beefster
13-09-2009, 07:01 AM

The stamp was out of order and he'll be punished for it.

The celebration is another example of fans being 'precious'. The guy's been abused by Arsenal fans for the past 15 months, at least. He scored a goal and gave them a GIRYU. Didn't leave the pitch or give them any hand signs.

We can't criticise Adebayor for what he did and yet slaughter the Yams for their reaction to Riordan's celebration at PBS.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2009, 07:04 AM
given the circumstances in which he left you just don't do that. He even admitted himself he was out of order by apologising to the Arsenal fans.

The guy is paid over £100000 a week and he should be above provocation in any form. It's time footballers realised that fans have an emotional attatchment to their club which can't ever change...unlike footballers loyalties...so reactions like the Arsenal fans' are just normal.

How much does he need to be earning before the level of provocation is reached, thats it becomes acceptable for his actions? I have never understood that argument. If you earn £1k a week or £100k a week, you still have the same feelings, what footballers earn makes no difference at all.:confused:

Sylar
13-09-2009, 07:45 AM
The thing is, that if he had scored with Man City shooting towards the Arsenal fans and celebrated in the corner, he wouldn't have been booked for it. It's the fact that he ran the entire length of the pitch to wind up a set of fans, which, in light of the West Ham vs Millwall match, was perhaps not the most sensible of ideas.

His stamp on Fabergas was disgusting, as was his stamp on Van Persie. Nothing less than a 4 game ban will suffice.

hibsbollah
13-09-2009, 08:06 AM

So do people on the dole therefore have free reign to react to provocation then? Sorry, that argument makes no sense to me. Like the rest of the East Stand at the Celtc 3-2 game, I was enjoying winding up Boruc. When he responded with GIRUY gestures after they equalised, I thought it was fair enough. Fans have a responsibility to know if they dish it out they have to take it a bit as well.

LancashireHibby
13-09-2009, 08:07 AM
You'd think for a top striker that he'd have got a better connection. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke in Van Persie :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
13-09-2009, 08:43 AM
to quote from Snatch Adebayor is "a 'orrible ****"

Shameful, cowardly stamp. Hope the twat gets absolutely hammered for it.

hibsbollah
13-09-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhI75DG4wKQ

Having a look again, its clear he lashes out deliberately, but I think it would be hard to prove that he aimed for his head deliberately, taking into account the speed it happened at.

sambajustice
13-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Well Man U are up next for this shower and they have a few bigger harder bassa's than Arsenal!

Hopefully, Ferdinand, Vidic (probably him cos he's a nut case), Fletcher, Rooney or Carrick will just do him good and proper!

Best case scenario would be for Keane to get a one game contract and "haaland" the cock!

Adebayor deliberately set out to boot Arsenal players up and down yesterday, he deerves anything thats coming to him!

Toaods
13-09-2009, 09:37 AM
In rugby, the Van Persie incident would probably be referred to as 'raking', ie not a stamp but a clear and deliberate movement to run the studs down the opponent with iontent to hurt.

as the action was for me not within the paly it can be considered an asault and therefore The FA should slaughter him for it to set an example to such clowns that simialr actions willnot be tolerated.

TornadoHibby
13-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Should have the book thrown at him for stamping on van persie's face

I imagine that he will have and fairly soon too! :agree: :wink:

Truly shocking behaviour which could easily result in a custodial sentence if done on the street! :grr:

crewetollhibee
13-09-2009, 10:07 AM
And to an ex-team mate too. Imagine someone doing that to e.g. Michael Stewart ?:devil:

Barney McGrew
13-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Hopefully, Ferdinand, Vidic (probably him cos he's a nut case), Fletcher, Rooney or Carrick will just do him good and proper!

They won't get a chance, he'll be banned by the FA by that point.

He'll get a couple of games for the stamp and a couple for winding up the Arsenal fans.

ceecee
13-09-2009, 10:11 AM
i think this kind of thing should get a long, long ban. Loads of wee kids watch these tossers every week and role play when they are playing football.

6 month ban for assault.

CallumLaidlaw
13-09-2009, 10:12 AM
They won't get a chance, he'll be banned by the FA by that point.

He'll get a couple of games for the stamp and a couple for winding up the Arsenal fans.

Can the FA do anything about him going to the Arsenal fans? The referee dealt with it by booking him did he not? The rake was not dealt with by the ref so the fa CAN do something about that.

jacomo
13-09-2009, 10:16 AM
For those of you defending his goal celebration and comparing it to Benji or Deeks.... neither of those two used to play for the Jambos!

Adebayor was an Arsenal player last season, those Arsenal fans should be entitled to a little respect from him. The reason they turned on him last year was because he kept talking about getting a big money move elsewhere, and frequently looked as if he couldn't give a toss.

Instead he runs the length of the pitch to GIRUY them... no wonder they went mental.

TheMentalHibees
13-09-2009, 10:17 AM
The thing is, that if he had scored with Man City shooting towards the Arsenal fans and celebrated in the corner, he wouldn't have been booked for it. It's the fact that he ran the entire length of the pitch to wind up a set of fans, which, in light of the West Ham vs Millwall match, was perhaps not the most sensible of ideas.

His stamp on Fabergas was disgusting, as was his stamp on Van Persie. Nothing less than a 4 game ban will suffice.

When was that? Before or after the van Persie incident? I didn't see it. Not refuting the claim, just it's the first I'm hearing of it.

Ritchie
13-09-2009, 10:20 AM
van persie is just as bad as adebayor.... he lunged in with 2 feet.

Adebayor should be punished though however van persie is a tw@t. :agree:

southfieldshibby
13-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I wonder if it was a personel issue with Van persie as he himself has been know to leave the foot in on quite a few occassions. Maybe they didn't get while at Arsenal.

whatever the reason he should be reprimanded and probably will be as the ref didn't see it so they can have a good look at it.

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Was at Walkabout at the Omni centre the other week watching the Man U Arsenal game and a few of the Arsenal fans in kept singing about Adebayor washing elephants and his mum being a whore...can imagine there would have been worse being sung at him during the game...so GIRU them...nothing wrong with the celebration :greengrin although the stamp was a bit out of order :agree:

PISTOL1875
13-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Was at Walkabout at the Omni centre the other week watching the Man U Arsenal game and a few of the Arsenal fans in kept singing about Adebayor washing elephants and his mum being a whore...can imagine there would have been worse being sung at him during the game...so GIRU them...nothing wrong with the celebration :greengrin although the stamp was a bit out of order :agree:

I was at the match yesterday and the Arsenal fans were booing and taunting Adebayor for the whole match.. They were shouting about hm and his family.. No wonder he wanted to GIRU them , wouldn't you ???

However , i don't agree with him running 90 yards to taunt them though.. That lit the fuse and the Arsenal fans piled forward to try and get on the park which looked mayhem.. There was bottles on the park , the stewards took a beating and the Police were involved as well.. What made it worse was he cleared a shot off the line as well...

It's just a shame little Meeko is very quiet today .. Hahaha........

Woody1985
13-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Not read the thread so don't know if this has been mentioned. RVP went in two footed. There's no love lost between them, that's for sure.

Defo a deliberate stamp.

LaMotta
13-09-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't see what good throwing a book at him will do. I suppose if it is a heavy leather bound book, thrown at him from a substantial height, it may hurt him a bit, but otherwhise, its not a very good punishment imo.

NOLA
13-09-2009, 11:14 AM
ade could easily have blinded VP in one eye with his stupid action, 2 game ban seems likely IMO

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2009, 11:15 AM
He's my hero. Who wants a player who doesn't have emotions?

Johnny_Leith
13-09-2009, 11:15 AM
A right what?

Van Persie? Vastly over-rated. Says it all that he signed a new contract at Arsenal when all the good players were leaving: Nobody else wants him.

HibsNibs
13-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Adebayor was whoring himself (via his agent) to Milan, Barcelona et al all last season whilst not trying a leg at Arsenal - that's why the Gooners were giving him stick. His actions yesterday could have resulted in a riot. Fud should be fined £950000 (6 weeks wages ?) and banned for the rest of the season.

HibeeUnderwood
13-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Add Adebayor to the list of erse's after his actions in yesterdays game! :grr:

He joins a huge list that includes the likes of Ferguson, Ronaldo and Fulton!

Very unprofessional, at least he apologised about the celebration, didn't apologise to Van Persie though!

Woody1985
13-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Add Adebayor to the list of erse's after his actions in yesterdays game! :grr:

He joins a huge list that includes the likes of Ferguson, Ronaldo and Fulton!

Very unprofessional, at least he apologised about the celebration, didn't apologise to Van Persie though!

VP went in with a two footed lunge. If someone went for you in the street like that (not a two footed lunge but you know what I mean) it would be a reaction to hit them back although I appreciate the reaction was quite a bad one.

hibsbollah
13-09-2009, 12:43 PM
VP went in with a two footed lunge. If someone went for you in the street like that (not a two footed lunge but you know what I mean) it would be a reaction to hit them back although I appreciate the reaction was quite a bad one.

If you look at the vid again and watch Adebayor I think he just lashes out with his foot because VP caught him late, i dont think he means to 'rake his face' or anything like that. Deserved a red in todays climate, but some of todays headline are a bit over the top in my opinion.

Woody1985
13-09-2009, 01:17 PM
If you look at the vid again and watch Adebayor I think he just lashes out with his foot because VP caught him late, i dont think he means to 'rake his face' or anything like that. Deserved a red in todays climate, but some of todays headline are a bit over the top in my opinion.

I've not seen the headlines and think that he just meant to give him a nick on the back of the napper but raked him.

RVP has always been a bit of a dirty ******* anyway. A few of the Arsenal players under Wenger have been. Lauren was guilty of one of the worst two footed lunges I've ever seen and he didn't even get booked cos he missed the boy.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Disgraceful Adebayor.

Merits a spell in the nick!.

--------
13-09-2009, 01:56 PM
For those of you defending his goal celebration and comparing it to Benji or Deeks.... neither of those two used to play for the Jambos!

Adebayor was an Arsenal player last season, those Arsenal fans should be entitled to a little respect from him. The reason they turned on him last year was because he kept talking about getting a big money move elsewhere, and frequently looked as if he couldn't give a toss.

Instead he runs the length of the pitch to GIRUY them... no wonder they went mental.

Yup. Imagine Chris Killen or Scott Brown scoring for Celtic in front of the South Stand at ER in the first match after their transfer, and running the entire length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Famous Five. Or Katie doing the same for Rangers....

When Benji scored against Hearts, he was very new to Scotland, and his team-mates headed him off before he reached the Jambos. He's never done it again to any opposition fans. Deek did go over in front of the Wheatfield, but IMO that was as much the adrenalin rush of scoring as anything (OK - he DID want to wind up the Yams a bit but he didn't go the whole length of the pitch) and he stopped immediately the referee and assistant told him to.

What Adebayor did was deliberate provocation which in light of recent incidents needs to be deaIt with, even if he gets no more than a severe warning as to future conduct. I don't accept the 'I didn't know what i was doing I was so excited' line - he ran 90 yards and you don't do that in a fog of excitement. He knew what he was doing.

van persie is just as bad as adebayor.... he lunged in with 2 feet.

Adebayor should be punished though however van persie is a tw@t. :agree:

:agree: The stamp was IMO deliberate, and he should be banned for at least 4 games. Van Persie (who is no angel, I agree) should be retrospectively carded for the reckless tackle - it was a bad one and it's only being glossed over because of the stamping that followed it immediately.

Let Clattenberg look at the video and say whether it's a red or a yellow. he was doing a good job of letting the game flow - it wasn't his fault what happened - so let him decide.