PDA

View Full Version : referee for sunday

maturehibby
12-09-2009, 04:25 PM
SFA website not up to date and dont show referees for this weekend .
Can anyone tell me who we have against Hamilton tomorrow?

Sir David Gray
12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
The SPL website says it's David Somers.

Toaods
12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
The SPL website says it's David Somers.

ohhh nooo...Chuckle Brother no 2...he's brutal. numerous times at Easter Road he dealys a decision whilst communicating with his lost compatriot and then surprising the entire stadium with a decision that is given the wrong way.

anyoone recall his 'Handball awarded / hesitate / play on' at Easter Road last year (v St Mirren I think?? even the visiting management burst out laughing??? )...:bitchy:

maturehibby
12-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks very poor referee - look for us being short of a player by the end of teh 90 minutes

Toaods
13-09-2009, 02:12 PM
ohhh nooo...Chuckle Brother no 2...he's brutal. numerous times at Easter Road he dealys a decision whilst communicating with his lost compatriot and then surprising the entire stadium with a decision that is given the wrong way.

anyoone recall his 'Handball awarded / hesitate / play on' at Easter Road last year (v St Mirren I think?? even the visiting management burst out laughing??? )...:bitchy:

well....I told you...he's a friggin' incompetent at best.

Radio Scotland "The ball bounce up and hit Colin Nish on the hand . He knew little about it but unfortunately for him the referee said penalty."

As though that's not bad enough....Billy Reid was trying to get Nish sent off or yellow carded. :bitchy:

maturehibby
13-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I was proved right again by Somers actions man is not a cheat but is totally out of his depth at this level and should be quietly be put out to grass -and again the time wasted at Hibs penalty would not have happened with a more competent official

Toaods
13-09-2009, 04:41 PM
being near the 4th official area...he is clueless there too...takes far too long to organise himself when a change is notified.

yet still this wee monkey gets given games at SPL level......must be one of those that makes every refereeing course at Largs and is automatically well thought of because of it.

whiskyhibby
13-09-2009, 04:54 PM
He had a shocker today, the SFA really need to ditch this buffoon, he was so bad I would swear he was cheating!!

Everything was given to Hamilton, he didn't even gives Hibs their penalty, lucikly the linesman was a bit more competent.

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

TornadoHibby
13-09-2009, 05:27 PM
He had a shocker today, the SFA really need to ditch this buffoon, he was so bad I would swear he was cheating!!

Everything was given to Hamilton, he didn't even gives Hibs their penalty, lucikly the linesman was a bit more competent.

He was certainly very poor today but what was the penalty for? :confused:

I was at the game but couldn't see if the defender on the line had handled and if he had why he wasn't red carded as soon as the penalty was awarded! :confused:

Jim44
13-09-2009, 06:41 PM
He was certainly very poor today but what was the penalty for? :confused:

I was at the game but couldn't see if the defender on the line had handled and if he had why he wasn't red carded as soon as the penalty was awarded! :confused:

I saw it as clearly as daylight. The defender stuck his hand out deliberately to stop the ball. There was no doubting that he had handled it but the referee inanely thumped his chest like an idiot as if he had seen it. Now if he had been unsighted he couldn't have seen it hit his chest, so he had to have seen it and could not mistake his chest for his hand. He blatently decided to cheat but realised how much of a stupid @rse he must have looked and made a meal of conferring with the other cheats and had no other option but to award the penalty. He also did his best to create a scene of chaos in the following few minutes and stood a yard from two defenders who were manhandling Zemmama. Again he tried to ignore what was going on in front of his eyes but was embarrassed into reluctantly booking the defenders. Somebody said the he was incompetent but it was more sinister than that.........................he clearly, cheated on more than five occasions. I wonder what the observer in the stand made of his performance.:grr::bitchy:

truehibernian
13-09-2009, 06:57 PM
You could also argue that despite his poor decision, Riordan and then Nish should have buried the penalty, and despite his apparent willingness to penalise Hibs, we still had more than enough quality on that park to beat Hamilton. Never like slating ref's especially when there are players on the park that shouldn't be making it "easy" for him to give fouls and pens. The players and manager take all the blame today lads I'm afraid

forthhibby
13-09-2009, 07:04 PM

the worrying thing for me was the he had a perfect view of the incident and indicated that the ball had hit the defenders chest, linesman didn't have so good a view, yet was able to change his mind and award the penalty, had to laugh on way out when i heard one fan describe the incident as 'yes it was a penalty, ball struck one of the defenders hands, we just don't know which defender it was'. this was probably one of the worst incidents of incompetence i've seen in scottish football.

Alfred E Newman
13-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Sommers had no problem seeing Nish " handle" the ball even although Nish had his body between the ref and the ball. So how on earth he missed the hand ball on the line and then fail to issue a red card is beyond me. Sommers is tottally incompetent as has been proved in the past and should be struck off the refereeing list as soon as possible. All this doesn`t take away from the fact that Hibs deserved absolutely nothing from todays shocking performance.