PDA

View Full Version : Were you on the terracing behind the goals?

Simkin911
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I normally enjoy lurking on the messageboard but a chance finding at the back of a cupboard this morning forced me to write.

From a secure cardboard cylinder I unrolled a large black & white photograph of a certain Mr Archibald celebrating putting us 0-2 up at Tynie from the late-ish 80's ('88 I think).

Photo taken from the touchline by the official photographer for Hibs at that time shows the back of Archibald, in front of goals, arms aloft and several thousand fans going mental in the background. Crucially, you can also see the ball resting in the corner of the net!

A classic moment.... we didn't get that many wins back then... aye, those are moments you can't forget.

He signed it for me later than season... and thinking about it, I should really take down a photo of the family and put it up instead! :thumbsup:

degenerated
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
i remember it very well indeed and will be somewhere in that photo going mental. what a fantastic finish :agree:

Peevemor
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
i remember it very well indeed and will be somewhere in that photo going mental. what a fantastic finish :agree:

Me too. :thumbsup:

Big Frank
12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I normally enjoy lurking on the messageboard but a chance finding at the back of a cupboard this morning forced me to write.

From a secure cardboard cylinder I unrolled a large black & white photograph of a certain Mr Archibald celebrating putting us 0-2 up at Tynie from the late-ish 80's ('88 I think).

Photo taken from the touchline by the official photographer for Hibs at that time shows the back of Archibald, in front of goals, arms aloft and several thousand fans going mental in the background. Crucially, you can also see the ball resting in the corner of the net!

A classic moment.... we didn't get that many wins back then... aye, those are moments you can't forget.

He signed it for me later than season... and thinking about it, I should really take down a photo of the family and put it up instead! :thumbsup:

Yes I was. Half way up the terrace behind the goal. One of my favourite derby goals.

Mental.

Honestly think its such a shame that people haven't experienced a sway, or the Hibs end really jumpin.

Mon the Archie:thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes I was. Half way up the terrace behind the goal. One of my favourite derby goals.

Mental.

Honestly think its such a shame that people haven't experienced a sway, or the Hibs end really jumpin.

Must agree all this sitting down has killed the atmosphere. Bring back terracing.

degenerated
12-09-2009, 11:29 AM
be good to see that picture scanned and uploaded :wink:

Sergey
12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
be good to see that picture scanned and uploaded :wink:

Check out Action Images :agree:

Fife-Hibee
12-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Mental.

Yeah, i was in or around the same area. Remember jumping up and getting stuck in mid air. Not a lot of saftey in those days, it was like sardines. Fantastic. Bring back the old days :boo hoo:

da-robster
12-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Mental.

Weren't doing that at the 2-0 we are unbeatable game?

weecounty hibby
12-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I still enjoy going to Tynie on derby day but it was much better in those days. That was a great day out, I remember the game but not much of the evening celebrations.:party::drunk:

MSK
12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I was behind the goals that day..when the ball hit the back o the yams net it was utter chaos ...absolutley fantastic chaos though !!!! :thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
cant find the photo, i remember it on the front page of the pink news.

did get the video though, fantastic goal.

link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE)

Silversand
12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Me & KeithSanSiro were there.

Think there's a pic of me getting home - very drunk ..... :greengrin

I seem to remember Archibald put one just past the post, minutes before he scored, and I was thinking "if that had gone in it would've been the best moment of my footballing life." Then scored with his next chance .... cue bedlam. :thumbsup:

Wing Half
12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Yep one of the best.

sadtom
12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Great day. Most amazingly it was £3 or £3.50 to get in!

Scorrie
12-09-2009, 02:40 PM
A great day. It was my birthday too! Whit an evening we had heading back down the Walk :greengrin

MSK
12-09-2009, 02:48 PM
cant find the photo, i remember it on the front page of the pink news.

did get the video though, fantastic goal.

link here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE)What a hibs crowd ..mental !!! :thumbsup:

Steve-O
12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Check out Action Images :agree:

:confused:

Steve-O
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I was there apparently, but can't remember a thing about it since I would've been 6 or 7 at the time :greengrin

My dad always wanted a copy of that exact photo but could never find it - gies it please. :greengrin

spudhib
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
My best moment as a hibby by far at that point being only 16 at the time,first win at tynie iirc,also with 10 men.Also remember Kanos bullet header and his celebration in front of the yams.:agree:

tanfield
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Remember the goal well. Was in the middle behind the goal and as someone has said already absolute chaos when the ball hit the net. Even then we almost threw the game away in added time but fortunately Alan Moore screwed his shot wide.

Was one of the better Hibs supports that day. We always seemed around that time to struggle to fill the Gorgie Road end but not that day.:greengrin

Badge
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I remember the song walking out the ground on to Gorgie Road -
10 men fuc--d the hearts tra la la la la
oh the 10 men fuc--d the hearts tra la la la la la

or something like that:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2009, 06:46 PM

One of my favorite derby goals. Rae was sent off and Archie put us 2 up. Behind the goals in the pouring rain, everyone went bananas.

The yams scored late on, then IIRC missed an absolute sitter in the last minute to equalise......... I just loving beating the yams......:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes I was there, in the morning papers the shot of him saluting the fans had me and my cousin in it going fking nuts, wish I had that photo now:boo hoo:

Greenblood70
12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
One of my favorite derby goals. Rae was sent off and Archie put us 2 up. Behind the goals in the pouring rain, everyone went bananas.

The yams scored late on, then IIRC missed an absolute sitter in the last minute to equalise......... I just loving beating the yams......:greengrin

That's right I'd forgotten that...Alan Moore if i remember rightly from 5 or 6 yards out..heh heh. Happy days!:greengrin

I loved Archibald...what a player he was..sheer class.

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2009, 07:01 PM
That's right I'd forgotten that...Alan Moore if i remember rightly from 5 or 6 yards out..heh heh. Happy days!:greengrin

I loved Archibald...what a player he was..sheer class.

Aye Moore, got the ball stuck in between his lugz :greengrin

Spike Mandela
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I still enjoy going to Tynie on derby day but it was much better in those days. That was a great day out, I remember the game but not much of the evening celebrations.:party::drunk:

Great night S. Did we not get thrown out of Bagsy's that night:party:

gringojoe
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Was in there somewhere, good few pints before kickoff in the Golden Rule/Merchiston Bowling Club. Then having to wade through the overflowing Tynie bogs to get the terracing.

NOLA
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
i was the team mascot that day:thumbsup:so was sitting in the main stand surrounded by jambos :greengrin was in the dressing room after and the players were in some party mood:top marks

weecounty hibby
12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Great night S. Did we not get thrown out of Bagsy's that night:party:
May have, but we did make a bit of a habit of that back in the day. Usually for no real reason. We know how Deek feels, totally unjust. Most of the time:greengrin