PDA

View Full Version : Hibees Raiders

sadtom
12-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I was thinking about a conversation i had with a mate from about 10-15 years ago. He was into american football and explained to me about the Oakland/LA Raiders, said that (at least for a certain period) the Raiders had a reputation of being the 'bad boys' team (perhaps some of our 'family' from across the pond can confirm).
They mixed their up and coming young guys with players who had 'lost their way', or been involved in 'incidents' and in some way had not filled their potential and had something to prove. Guys who were given a second/third chance and had a talent but a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

Are we the Hibernian Raiders?

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I was thinking about a conversation i had with a mate from about 10-15 years ago. He was into american football and explained to me about the Oakland/LA Raiders, said that (at least for a certain period) the Raiders had a reputation of being the 'bad boys' team (perhaps some of our 'family' from across the pond can confirm).
They mixed their up and coming young guys with players who had 'lost their way', or been involved in 'incidents' and in some way had not filled their potential and had something to prove. Guys who were given a second/third chance and had a talent but a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

Are we the Hibernian Raiders?

It's a potentially good blend, but it needs a very forceful, charismatic leader to carry it off. It seems we have that in JH, who's stock seems to be very high amongst players and coaches. Miller will be in Trappatoni's squad should the Republic make SA, and would obviously want to feature as its realistically his last chance to play on that stage. Stokes has obviously told him that Yogi is the man and Hibs are the set-up t get him back on track.