PDA

View Full Version : Miller or Boozy

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Hypothetically if you had the choice which one would you have chosen and why?

For me it is Miller. Think that he is a good player who has hit rock bottom, his only way is up and to prove himself with the right encouragement and Yogi is the man for that.

Boozy is a good player but coming to the end of his career and has nothing to prove. His motivation would be less.

Thoughts?

Hibbyradge
12-09-2009, 07:26 AM
I think John Hughes agrees with you.

MontrealHibs
12-09-2009, 07:30 AM
For me Boozy was often a player we had to carry unless it was against the big teams. Will reserve judgement on Miller.

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I think John Hughes agrees with you.

Do you?

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 07:33 AM
For me Boozy was often a player we had to carry unless it was against the big teams. Will reserve judgement on Miller.

But would you have gambled on Miller?

CentreLine
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Wholly appropriate that Pat McGinley makes an appearance on this thread avatar as IMO a fit Miller will give us that midfield attacking support we have missed for years. I have to say he looks very fit in his photo shoot so hopefully he will quickly come up to speed and justify Yogi's confidence in him. Oh, and given the tough choice, Miller not Boozy for me

Gala Foxes
12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Miller - Boozy was good, no more than that though, wee bit overrated - could be a passenger at times but did have a superb touch

Spike Mandela
12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
The fact we can afford to consider either player is a nice dilemma to have is it not:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2009, 08:57 AM
It seems Yogi has set his sights a lot higher than Boozy. Even at his best, boozy was never good enough to get a move to Man United. Lets be honest here, he is struggling to get a move to Millers 1st team now. Miller has been a very good player, who has lost his way a little, and at 28 has a better chance than boozy of rekindling what took him to United, than what took boozy to Coventry.

Ritchie
12-09-2009, 09:02 AM
miller :agree:

boozy was good, but wasnt consistant at all!!

keep the faith
12-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I would like to see us give Boozy a short term deal and have a look at him over the next few months.

Thsi year we have a real opportunity to do something and will need a squad to do that.

The quality Boozy gives for the sake of no transfer fee and a little wage (which squad wise will be way down on last year) seems a win/win for me.

sahib
12-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I would have been happy to have seen a fit Boozy back at Easter road.
Miller is a different player but one whose career has been on the slide making him a bit of a gamble. He is a name and that will keeps most people happy for a while and may sell a few more tickets and merchandise. I think Stokes and him are interesting signings. I worry that the rumours about their off pitch behavior are merely excuses for their stalled careers and that in reality they are just players who failed to progress.

Woody1985
12-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I would have been happy to have seen a fit Boozy back at Easter road.
Miller is a different player but one whose career has been on the slide making him a bit of a gamble. He is a name and that will keeps most people happy for a while and may sell a few more tickets and merchandise. I think Stokes and him are interesting signings. I worry that the rumours about their off pitch behavior are merely excuses for their stalled careers and that in reality they are just players who failed to progress.

Even if they have failed to progress they should still be above standard for the SPL which many people have stated has declined since they played here. Unless they've gone quite a bit backwards then I think they'll do well. Maybe not world beaters but we'll just have to wait and see.

yekimevol
12-09-2009, 09:30 AM
both:greengrin

RickyS
12-09-2009, 09:37 AM
It seems Yogi has set his sights a lot higher than Boozy. Even at his best, boozy was never good enough to get a move to Man United. Lets be honest here, he is struggling to get a move to Millers 1st team now. Miller has been a very good player, who has lost his way a little, and at 28 has a better chance than boozy of rekindling what took him to United, than what took boozy to Coventry.

wot he said:top marks

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Wholly appropriate that Pat McGinley makes an appearance on this thread avatar as IMO a fit Miller will give us that midfield attacking support we have missed for years. I have to say he looks very fit in his photo shoot so hopefully he will quickly come up to speed and justify Yogi's confidence in him. Oh, and given the tough choice, Miller not Boozy for me

Totally agree, looks similiar in clips I have seen. Upto the manager now to point his career back in the right direction.:agree:

heretoday
12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Definitely Miller. I didn't rate Boozy that highly.

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Definitely Miller. I didn't rate Boozy that highly.

Hope he gets time to get fit.

BSEJVT
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Different types of player IMO so comparison is invalid.

I would say though that given the other players at our disposal, Miller is a better signing to diversify the capabilities of the squad as Boozy and McBride (who I dont mind) are similar.

I thought Boozy was hugely talented though and if the opportunity to get him exists at a reasomable price we should.

A far better option for the squad, even on the bench than Thicot or Stevenson

hibiedude
12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Why not both :wink:

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Why not both :wink:

Thats just greed!:wink:

whiskyhibby
12-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Both for me :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Both for me :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats cheating!:wink:

hibiedude
12-09-2009, 11:09 AM
We have not been as good at the back since Murray 3 game suspension.

Boozy gave us something special and loved to run with ball. Murray/Boozy and Bamba. now that sounds good does it not. :cool2:

like R01rdan/Stokes and now Miller up front and Nish waiting in the wings to get his chance things are looking a lot better down Easter Road way.

Sorry to go off topic

GreenOnions
12-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Hope he gets time to get fit.

Betty Boop from this forum thinks that he's already very fit :rolleyes:

Jim44
12-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm happy with Miller. Beuzelin gambled with hanging on for an offer from Celtic but I think he will end up at Dundee Utd., which is still a good move for him. Any other club will be a downward move into oblivion.

col02
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Hibs need hungry players with something to prove and Miller imho fits the bill a lot more than Boozy. I for one am glad Hughes signed a player of his calibre with something to prove rather than a guy who blew as hot and cold as a Scottish summer when previously at Hibs.

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm happy with Miller. Beuzelin gambled with hanging on for an offer from Celtic but I think he will end up at Dundee Utd., which is still a good move for him. Any other club will be a downward move into oblivion.

They are our main threat for 3 place.

VegasHibby
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm alot more excited by Miller. He'll be hungry to prove himself. Would've liked them both but Miller over Boozy

Gus
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I HOPE Miller justifies the 2 year deal. Looked a good player at Smeltic, but that was 5-6 years ago. For whatever reason he never made the cut @ Man Utd, which is nothing to be embarassed by. But then he was signed by Roy Keane @ Sunderland IMO for the ROI connection...again didn't make the grade to then drop down a division tothe Championship with QPR where again for one reason or another he wasn't offered a contact, so fingers crossed he does it for Hibs.

I would offer Boozy a contract to January, still think a fit Boozy can add something to the squad IMO

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Miller. His signing does two things for me. Firstly players seem to accept that football under John Hughes will benefit their careers, no matter where in that career they are. Secondly, in terms of our midfield options, this has to draw a line under the is he or isn't he speculation about Boozy which was becoming a real drag.:yawn:

Borders Hibby
12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Miller. His signing does two things for me. Firstly players seem to accept that football under John Hughes will benefit their careers, no matter where in that career they are. Secondly, in terms of our midfield options, this has to draw a line under the is he or isn't he speculation about Boozy which was becoming a real drag.:yawn:

I agree. Think he has made the right choice!:agree: