PDA

View Full Version : New third kit (merged)

Pete70
11-09-2009, 07:20 PM
What's everyones opinion of the new black strip to be worn on Sunday?

Sloppy
11-09-2009, 07:35 PM
we have a third kit :confused:

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 07:37 PM
we have a third kit :confused:

My thoughts exactly.

What black kit?

Frazerbob
11-09-2009, 07:42 PM
We really are in the big time now! 3 kits, just like the Old Firm! :wink:

Speedway
11-09-2009, 07:42 PM
My thoughts exactly.

What black kit?

The one with the green bars on the shoulders (white strip, but black)

Looks like a GK top.

Storar
11-09-2009, 07:43 PM
My thoughts exactly.

What black kit?

It's a goalies top!

Frazerbob
11-09-2009, 07:44 PM
It's a goalies top!

No it's not. It's in today's e-mail from Hibs. It's a black kit with green round the shoulder and is a third kit.

This weekend's away SPL fixture v's Hamilton Accies will see John Hughes' squad run out at New Douglas Park wearing this season's all-black third kit for the first time.

The Clubstore has limited numbers of the exclusive long sleeved shirts, shorts and socks for supporters to purchase. Sizes and prices are as follows:

-Adult long sleeve shirt £42.99
-Adult shorts £19.99
-Adult socks £8.99
-Kids long sleeve shirts £34.99
-Kids Shorts £16.99
-Youths socks £6.99

The Clubstore have sizes from Small Boys (age 6-7) through to XXXL adult.

Sloppy
11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
No it's not. It's in today's e-mail from Hibs. It's a black kit with green round the shoulder and is a third kit.

any link or picture of it?
not on the website anyway

Frazerbob
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
any link or picture of it?
not on the website anyway

Dont know how to copy the picture but I've copied the text above. Notice it only seems to be available in long sleeves. Maybe it's a ploy to shift some goalie tops!

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I've not had this email, it's not on the fishul website, and it's not on the clubstore website.

I'm so far out of the loop that the loop looks like a mini roundabout from here. :boo hoo:

Storar
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM

This weekend's away SPL fixture v's Hamilton Accies will see John Hughes' squad run out at New Douglas Park wearing this season's all-black third kit for the first time.

The Clubstore has limited numbers of the exclusive long sleeved shirts, shorts and socks for supporters to purchase. Sizes and prices are as follows:

-Adult shorts £19.99
-Adult socks £8.99
-Kids Shorts £16.99
-Youths socks £6.99

Hibs are robbing *******s in that case. I was in the shop a couple weeks ago and the black top was there in full view advertised at the Goalies top. There was even a model of it with MAKALAMBAY 50 there.

Why else do you think it's only available in long sleeve!?

southfieldshibby
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
if we are going to wear a third kit and they are happy to email it to fans, can someone please tell me why they wouldn't talk about it on the website?

if they don't have the new strip then fine.

if they do they need the services of a smart, handsome, articcuullate, commercially minded person to tell the world...

We Have A New Strip...And its Black...with green bits.

Hibercelona
11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
IMO, a 3rd strip is just another way for clubs to dig deeper into the fans pockets. :bitchy:

There really is no need for a 3rd strip, it really has no use what so ever.

Westie1875
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
What is wrong with the white strip?

No need for a third.

Pete70
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Same style as the white strip but Black with green trim

Antifa Hibs
11-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Celtic v Hibs....

Disc O'Dave
11-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Yup, from the newsletter picture, it looks like the photo with Maka has been cropped severely to cut any evidence of him out the picture.

So the only two scenarios I can think of are:

The SFA have a problem with both kits against Hamilton. so the club have had to use the Goalie strip (unlikely)

or

They are not shifting the Goalie strip in the shop so have decided to call it a third strip in an attempt to get sales moving.

The email does link you to the clubstore website, but no mention of it in there....hmmmm...

Storar
11-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Yup, from the newsletter picture, it looks like the photo with Maka has been cropped severely to cut any evidence of him out the picture.

So the only two scenarios I can think of are:

The SFA have a problem with both kits against Hamilton. so the club have had to use the Goalie strip (unlikely)

or

They are not shifting the Goalie strip in the shop so have decided to call it a third strip in an attempt to get sales moving.

The email does link you to the clubstore website, but no mention of it in there....hmmmm...
Storar talks the truth :wink:

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Celtic v Hibs....

See, this is the annoying bit.

All SPL clubs should be made to sit down and find away colours which don't clash with another SPL clubs home colours. It should really be that simple.

We don't need an away shirt for many matches. Celtic, yes. Falkirk maybe (at Falkirk the other week it could be difficult to tell from some distance as the two strips did suprisingly start merging) and that should really be it. How hard can it be for Hibs to come up with an away shirt which doesn't clash with all of two teams?

OtterHibee
11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
It's this (http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/zoom.asp?ProductID=3215&ColourID=48) one. It was released as one of two GK kits, although we have yet to use it.

I presume Hibs/Accies/the SPL reckon that both our regular home and away kits will clash with Hamilton's, hence why we'll be wearing this one.

Looks like we'll be wearing the black kit away to Celtic as well for the same reason.

Jonnyboy
Apologies to everyone that's read this before but here's my take on it

For around 100 years Hibs and Celtic managed to play each other with them wearing the hoops and us wearing our green top with white sleeves. No confusion abounded. Even in the days of black and white TV there was no confusion.

Why oh why must we pander to those that insist on making us wear some third kit and especially for facing Celtic?

FWIW I thought the Hibs and Falkirk strips clashed when they met recently and it wasn't helped that the officials wore red as did the Hibs goalie!

Antifa Hibs
See, this is the annoying bit.

All SPL clubs should be made to sit down and find away colours which don't clash with another SPL clubs home colours. It should really be that simple.

We don't need an away shirt for many matches. Celtic, yes. Falkirk maybe (at Falkirk the other week it could be difficult to tell from some distance as the two strips did suprisingly start merging) and that should really be it. How hard can it be for Hibs to come up with an away shirt which doesn't clash with all of two teams?

Whats the big deal? No-one is gonna force you to buy the 3rd strip. Nobody over the age of 16 should wear the replica kit anyway :duck:

Jonnyboy
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Whats the big deal? No-one is gonna force you to buy the 3rd strip. Nobody over 16 stones should wear the replica kit anyway :duck:

Fixed that for you :wink: :greengrin

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Whats the big deal? No-one is gonna force you to buy the 3rd strip. Nobody over the age of 16 should wear the replica kit anyway :duck:

No, I agree, nobody is going to force you. I won't get it. But you can bet your bottom dollar some kid who has the home kit already will want the new black one for Christmas though.

And as for your second point? I see no harm in wearing a football shirt to a football match. I never wear mines out and about, only ever to ER or to the gym. No harm in that?

FranckSuzy
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM

For around 100 years Hibs and Celtic managed to play each other with them wearing the hoops and us wearing our green top with white sleeves. No confusion abounded. Even in the days of black and white TV there was no confusion.

Why oh why must we pander to those that insist on making us wear some third kit and especially for facing Celtic?

FWIW I thought the Hibs and Falkirk strips clashed when they met recently and it wasn't helped that the officials wore red as did the Hibs goalie!

:top marksNightmare for the viewing public on a sunny day.

hibee_girl
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
We barely wear the away strip as it is. What is the point in a 3rd strip? :confused:

Saorsa
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Storar talks the truth :wink:Defo :agree:

RoxburghHibs
11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
The black kit will be worn on Sunday but only by Stack so lets not start getting mob handed against the club for nowt

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/cat-60-subcat-246-product-3215

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
The black kit will be worn on Sunday but only by Stack so lets not start getting mob handed against the club for nowt

Right. Now I'm confused.

It is or isn't a goalie kit?

Frazerbob
11-09-2009, 09:00 PM

Why are the club telling us it will be worn as a third strip in the newsletter then?

"This weekend's away SPL fixture v's Hamilton Accies will see John Hughes' squad run out at New Douglas Park wearing this season's all-black third kit for the first time."

Frazerbob
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Right. Now I'm confused.

The picture in the newsletter cleary shows the black goalie kit but it seems the club are now marketing it as a third kit and it'll be used on Sunday.

Storar
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Right. Now I'm confused.

Hibs are robbing *******s in that case. I was in the shop a couple weeks ago and the black top was there in full view advertised at the Goalies top. There was even a model of it with MAKALAMBAY 50 there.

Why else do you think it's only available in long sleeve!?

100% the goalie kit.

If the outfield players wear it at the weekend then it's just a ploy to get them sold

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
100% the goalie kit.

If the outfield players wear it at the weekend then it's just a ploy to get them sold

Has there been another recent case where outfield players have taken to wearing the keeper's jerseys? For any team?

If it happens this must be another Hibs first :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Has there been another recent case where outfield players have taken to wearing the keeper's jerseys? For any team?

If it happens this must be another Hibs first :greengrin

Andy McNeil was wearing the old bottle green outfield away strip in goals in the intertoto cup game.

As for the outrage, it's hardly Hibs fault if some parents are unable to say no to their kids. That said, they should have thought out that "kit system" a bit better, e.g., two kits, one all dark green, one all white, mix and match as required.

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Andy McNeil was wearing the old bottle green outfield away strip in goals in the intertoto cup game.

That's a keeper wearing on outfield shirt, but what about vice versa? :confused:

LancashireHibby
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I've not got the newsletter this week so it's all news to me - did we have to re-subscribe with the new website?

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2009, 09:40 PM

Glad somebody else noticed this John, it took me a while to differentiate the players at Falkirk Stadium. It proves that this is just another money-making scam, and nothing to do with colour-clashing. But nobody is forcing anybody to buy them, and if they are sheepish enough to do so, or simply prefer that strip, there's no harm in it.

Rasta_Hibs
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
No, I agree, nobody is going to force you. I won't get it. But you can bet your bottom dollar some kid who has the home kit already will want the new black one for Christmas though.

And as for your second point? I see no harm in wearing a football shirt to a football match. I never wear mines out and about, only ever to ER or to the gym. No harm in that?

Yeah, man! Nothing better than scoring a goal at football training in your hibs top and running past your jambo team mate shouting get it up yae!!!! ha ha

Pete
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
The arguments regarding hibs and Celic playing each other in the past don't count.

Hibs played in bottle green and celtic played in a distinctively lighter shade. It was easy to tell the difference and probably wouldn't be allowed today but if hibs and celtic were to both wear their current home kits on the same park then it would be even harder to tell the difference.

As for the "new kit"...it's good to have a real alternative. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.

Anyway, it means we're a big team now. I hear Hearts are launching their fourth, fifth and European kit on the back of this news.

The_Horde
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Can i buck the trend and say i'm going to buy it for playing 5's? :greengrin

WindyMiller
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/newsletter/11Sept.black_kit.jpg (http://www.hibsmail.co.uk/newsletter/link.php?M=23601&N=88&L=7&F=H)

IWasThere2016
11-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Glad somebody else noticed this John, it took me a while to differentiate the players at Falkirk Stadium. It proves that this is just another money-making scam, and nothing to do with colour-clashing. But nobody is forcing anybody to buy them, and if they are sheepish enough to do so, or simply prefer that strip, there's no harm in it.

:agree: There was an obvious clash at the Bairnabeu. And I like the black - and no one is obligated to buy it!

.SeventyFive
11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I think the original poster has gotten confused and it's caused a little bit more of an uproar as is probably required from adults.

No one is forcing you to buy any merchandise. Although, the more money the club can make the better, however this does not appear to be a third kit.

I was well aware of this strip about 3 months ago as a goalie kit.

Pete
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Hearts have just announced their sixth kit!!

and it's black.

Disc O'Dave
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I think the original poster has gotten confused and it's caused a little bit more of an uproar as is probably required from adults.

No one is forcing you to buy any merchandise. Although, the more money the club can make the better, however this does not appear to be a third kit.

But you can see why some folk might just have gotten the idea from the statement in the newsletter:

:wink:

booshsutton
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
in my opinion a black kit is execellent news... for the more stout among us black is rather slimming! :agree:

Future17
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Also pictured here, worn by Hibs Ladies, apparently as a keeper strip:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/ladies-lose-it-in-final-minutes-20090907_2262950_1790360

Groovee
12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
A dad at footie said hibs have a new black strip which they plan to wear tomorrow. I've only just kitted our daughter out in the home strip at £61!!!

Groovee
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
more money :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
more money :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

only if you want to buy it

Petrie's Tache
12-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Only long sleeves then?:confused:

Dibben
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Only long sleeves then?:confused:

I just hope they don't have the padding on the elbows either...

:bitchy: :greengrin

BH.

Hibs90
12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I think the kit is actually very nice.

hibby67
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM
in my opinion a black kit is execellent news... for the more stout among us black is rather slimming! :agree:

Also pictured here, worn by Hibs Ladies, apparently as a keeper strip:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/ladies-lose-it-in-final-minutes-20090907_2262950_1790360

its not so slimming for the hibs keeper in the center :devil:

Broken Gnome
12-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Are goalie tops not made differently? Slightly heavier material? Can't say it looks that comfortable in to play for 90 minutes. Seems no one knows what the case is, but it wouldn't be as simple as taking 11 keeper tops and handing the to outfield players surely...

Golden Bear
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
A black kit? - certainly hope not.

From previous experience, even the players' were experiencing difficulties in finding their own teammates (any yes, some of that was down to sheer inability:wink:)

Stick with the white away strip - imo that's the best top we've had for years.

Pete70
12-09-2009, 12:49 PM

No I haven't.

It states quite clearly in the Club newsletter emailed to me yesterday.

And I quote

"This weekend's away SPL fixture v's Hamilton Accies will see John Hughes' squad run out at New Douglas Park wearing this season's all-black third kit for the first time.

-Adult shorts £19.99
-Adult socks £8.99
-Kids Shorts £16.99
-Youths socks £6.99

For more information on official Hibernian FC merchandise visit www.hibsshop.co.uk"

But as you say, don't buy it if you don't want to.

Houchy
12-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Altogether now... :singing:"11 Makalambays, theres only 11 Makalambays, 11 Makalambays":singing:

hibbiedon
12-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Hearts have just announced their sixth kit!!

and it's black.

And to suit the Yams it buttons up the back

Beefster
12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
A dad at footie said hibs have a new black strip which they plan to wear tomorrow. I've only just kitted our daughter out in the home strip at £61!!!

It's okay, they'll still wear the home strip now and again.

G15 Hibs
12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Putting aside the issues of having a 3rd kit and fleecing the kids etc, I just don't like seeing Hibs playing in black. It seems anytime we do we end up playing horrendously or getting beat. And I know that fitba strips these days are all hi-tech fabrics and everything but if it's as hot through here in the west tomorrow as it is today I think we'll be at a disadvantage wearing back what with dark colours attracting the sun.

(((Fergus)))
12-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I just hope they don't have the padding on the elbows either...

:bitchy: :greengrin

BH.

There's no padding on the shirts (or shorts).

Thnking about it, this is actually quite a clever idea by Hibs. With the red keeper's strip, we actually have four different kits. The red one would be great at Parkhead...

Dibben
12-09-2009, 08:04 PM
There's no padding on the shirts (or shorts).

Thnking about it, this is actually quite a clever idea by Hibs. With the red keeper's strip, we actually have four different kits. The red one would be great at Parkhead...

:thumbsup:

You just wonder, in a country which is realtively small, with very few clubs wearing green, why we should ever need a 3rd strip...

BH.

hibsbollah
12-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Well, there will be no need for you to buy another one then:agree: