PDA

View Full Version : NFL Season 2009/2010

Sylar
11-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, the NFL got underway last night with the Tennessee Titans hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the Steelers edging the opening game 13-10, in what was a very subdued affair.

The bulk of the fixtures start on Saturday evening, with Sky beginning their coverage on Sunday.

Can't wait :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I'll be watching the giants game, the steelers game was boring lol

Dibben
12-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Come on the NY Jets...

:thumbsup:

BH.

Sylar
15-09-2009, 08:52 AM
The opening weekend games were alright, but certainly not superbly entertaining!

Last nights game between the Patriots and the Bills in Foxborogh was a cracker though! Already billed due to the return of Tom Brady, the game started in the favour of the Bills, with them taking an early lead and pretty much dominating a first half, where they led 14-10 at the interval. Brady was very pedestrian, being picked for their second TD. The Patriots lackluster performance continued in the 3rd quarter, and with 5 minutes left in the 4th, we trailed by 11 points! Cue the proper return of the magician, and some flawless plays by the Patriots - Brady throws down the middle, 35 yards, caught for the opening TD - they went for 2 and missed...

Kick off follows, the ball is returned to their 38, their runner (can't remember his name) is hit, coughs up the rock, which is recovered by Gotskowski. Cue Brady throwing the same pass, deep down the middle, caught, TD, meaning a Pats (1-0) victory of 25-24 over the Bills (0-1). :thumbsup:

Houchy
15-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I know it's early to start talking favourites for the superbowl etc but what's the value bet. I took Pats at 8's at the start of the season and they've come into 5's so was thinking of laying that one and taking Baltimore at 22/1 (again with Betfair). Thoughts? or are the Pats going to coast it?

Sylar
15-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I know it's early to start taliking favourites for the superbowl etc but what's the value bet. I took Pats at 8's at the start of the season and they've come into 5's so was thinking of laying that one and taking Baltimore at 22/1 (again with Betfair). Thoughts? or are the Pats going to coast it?

No way we (Pats) will coast anything this year. There are a lot of great teams in this league who have looked good pre-season and will be in with as much of (if not more) of a shout than New England. We're always thereabout come playoff time, but we've lost a lot of power in our defense, and all of our picks at the draft were prospects for the future, as opposed to picks for the here and now. We're relying on a QB to remain healthy, as it will be another rookie to support, should anything go wrong (having sold Cassel).

Chicago, NYG, NYJ, Dallas, Philadelphia are all equally decent shouts.

Just Jimmy
15-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I know it's early to start talking favourites for the superbowl etc but what's the value bet. I took Pats at 8's at the start of the season and they've come into 5's so was thinking of laying that one and taking Baltimore at 22/1 (again with Betfair). Thoughts? or are the Pats going to coast it?

My ex flat mate from uni was ravens daft. he reckons they are a decent shout. Carson tipped them on 5 at the weekend to win it as well. Ed Reed is a house and Flaco will improve more this season. I'd take 22's i think they'll be around for sure.

Eli looked a player the other night for the Giants, no more chucking it to the 6'7" guy and hoping. I think if the young guys can play then we might be around but I think it might be a season too early for the likes of Nicks. He'll be good, but not superbowl yet.

Houchy
15-09-2009, 04:12 PM
My ex flat mate from uni was ravens daft. he reckons they are a decent shout. Carson tipped them on 5 at the weekend to win it as well. Ed Reed is a house and Flaco will improve more this season. I'd take 22's i think they'll be around for sure.

Eli looked a player the other night for the Giants, no more chucking it to the 6'7" guy and hoping. I think if the young guys can play then we might be around but I think it might be a season too early for the likes of Nicks. He'll be good, but not superbowl yet.

Because I backed them at 8's and layed them at 11/2, I still get around £80 evenif the pats win or £360 now if the Ravens win. Ravens have always been my team as I have old friends from when I was over there for a couple of months in the 90's, going to camden yards towatch the Orioles.

Come on the Ravens.:greengrin

Sunday will be a tough game in San Diego.

Mike777
18-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I have only just got into the NFL only becuase of ESPN really,
While browsing skysports i came across this lovly gallery of the cheerleaders

http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,20501,12738_5550379,00.html#photo=0

Gatecrasher
18-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I have only just got into the NFL only becuase of ESPN really,
While browsing skysports i came across this lovly gallery of the cheerleaders

http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,20501,12738_5550379,00.html#photo=0

thanks for that :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
18-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Jeez! theres even a thread o NFL on this forum. Now im learning.

Well hey there all Gridiron Fans, i for one am a diehard..
Indianapolis Colts all the way

Soo happy the new season is underway, and hoping there will be many memorable games to come

Anyone going to Wembley? iv bin the last twice, but not sure about this time..

Sylar
18-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Jeez! theres even a thread o NFL on this forum. Now im learning.

Well hey there all Gridiron Fans, i for one am a diehard..
Indianapolis Colts all the way

Soo happy the new season is underway, and hoping there will be many memorable games to come

Anyone going to Wembley? iv bin the last twice, but not sure about this time..

I suppose SOMEONE out there had to support the ****.

Will be at Wembley this year and looking forward to it. First time seeing the Patriots since the 2002 Superbowl in the Superdome in Louisiana!

Peyton's final year for the Colts no doubt :wink:

NOLA
18-09-2009, 09:42 PM
are fiveUSA showing highlights and if so when? Mon the Saints! and the broncos! grew up watching NFL on channel 4 when the broncos were magic but in particular john Elway what a QB he was, better than Marino who i always thought was overrated IMO

Sylar
26-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Tickets for the Patriots vs Bucs game arrived at my door yesterday.

Yours, excited!

Haymaker
27-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Tickets for the Patriots vs Bucs game arrived at my door yesterday.

Yours, excited!

Mine better come quickly! Cannot wait for this game, shame we went down last week to the New York (jersey!) Jets but hey-ho. Marathon, not a sprint and all that.

Sylar
28-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Mine better come quickly! Cannot wait for this game, shame we went down last week to the New York (jersey!) Jets but hey-ho. Marathon, not a sprint and all that.

We looked awful last week and were beaten by a better side sadly. We didn't look great vs Atlanta last night either, but at least we found our way to scoring again.

Can't see us doing much against the bigger teams this year, unless we seriously improve our coverage for Brady - left exposed far too much since the season started.

Haymaker
28-09-2009, 09:35 AM
We looked awful last week and were beaten by a better side sadly. We didn't look great vs Atlanta last night either, but at least we found our way to scoring again.

Can't see us doing much against the bigger teams this year, unless we seriously improve our coverage for Brady - left exposed far too much since the season started.

We have lost too many good players sadly. The draft picks look good prospects though so the future looks bright.

Dibben
03-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Come on the NY Jets...

BH.

Early days, but GO JETS!!!

:greengrin

BH.

James.
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM

Early days, but GO JETS!!!

:greengrin

BH.

Tough game against New Orleans this Sunday but I have faith with the way Ryan has got this team working defense wise. See no reason why we can't do what Baltimore did with a solid defense and rookie QB last year and make a decent run in the playoffs.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
are fiveUSA showing highlights and if so when? Mon the Saints! and the broncos! grew up watching NFL on channel 4 when the broncos were magic but in particular john Elway what a QB he was, better than Marino who i always thought was overrated IMO

No chance!

Marino was a one man show due to the lack of a decent defence for the vast majority of his career. Don't underestimate the advantage Elway enjoyed playing his home games at Mile High Stadium. Put Dan in those Broncos teams that made Superbowls and he'd have ended up with more winners rings....

Best quaterback never to win a superbowl :grr:

hibsbollah
04-10-2009, 06:55 PM
No chance!

Marino was a one man show due to the lack of a decent defence for the vast majority of his career. Don't underestimate the advantage Elway enjoyed playing his home games at Mile High Stadium. Put Dan in those Broncos teams that made Superbowls and he'd have ended up with more winners rings....

Best quaterback never to win a superbowl :grr:

Nope, that would be Fran Tarkenton (or Dan Fouts possibly)

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Nope, that would be Fran Tarkenton (or Dan Fouts possibly)

Incorrect.

One of the games great bottlers perhaps? :wink:

Sylar
05-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Great game last night between the Ravens and the Patriots in Foxborough.

Patriots started by recovering a kick-off return fumble, but settling for a field goal. Ravens scored the first touchdown, after a superb pass from John Flacco on 3rd and long. Patriots huffed and puff, but looked very lackluster at times - they eventually found a way to goal though as Brady found Moss.

Baltimore then went a further TD behind, before finding one of their own to bring the score to 17-14. The 4th quarter (which was littered with stops), was probably the most defining period of the game. Patriots were leading 24-21 and got into field goal distance. On 4th down, they faked a FG attempt and passed out wide, failing to get the distance they needed. Pats were penalised for an illegal formation, 5 yard penalty and forced to replay 4th down, much to the grievance of Baltimore who challenged the play, but failed to overturn the decision. Pats sunk the FG for a 27-21 lead.

Needing a TD (and with only 1 TO remaining), Baltimore made an impressive drive up the field, but facing 4th and 8, Flacco threw a perfect pass into an open man, who was too busy thinking about his action after the catch, that he dropped the ball and game over.

Pats are now 3-1, but I still don't feel we look good enough this year to be around for the playoffs. Tom Brady seems to want far too much time in the hole, and was caught out a few times last night. The defense is young, and the number of penalties conceded for offside or unnecessary roughness was scary on occasion.

Haymaker
05-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Wasnt the best display you're right scott but still... 3-1. Still not quite sure why we settled for the FG after the KR fumble? I just saw extended highlights and it didnt shed any light on it, do you know?

Sylar
05-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Wasnt the best display you're right scott but still... 3-1. Still not quite sure why we settled for the FG after the KR fumble? I just saw extended highlights and it didnt shed any light on it, do you know?

We tried for the TD but didn't get anywhere to be honest. Initial run, gain of 2, incomplete pass, Brady sacked.

Haymaker
05-10-2009, 11:12 AM
We tried for the TD but didn't get anywhere to be honest. Initial run, gain of 2, incomplete pass, Brady sacked.

That would be why then! The highlights just showed the turnover and then the kick and didnt say it was 4th! I was like "WHY?!?!?! THROW THE ****ING THING FIRST!!!"

Bloody highlights :grr:

Just Jimmy
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
4-0 and Oakland at home next. :thumbsup:

NOLA
05-10-2009, 06:24 PM
should be some game tonight, the vikings + Favre versus hated rivals the packers - Favre , could get a bit tasty!! :cool2:

Gatecrasher
05-10-2009, 07:07 PM
should be some game tonight, the vikings + Favre versus hated rivals the packers - Favre , could get a bit tasty!! :cool2:

Is it on tv

Sylar
05-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Is it on tv

Sadly, not that I can see - shame, as it does promise to be one hell of a cauldron!

Gatecrasher
05-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Sadly, not that I can see - shame, as it does promise to be one hell of a cauldron!
Aw well I'll just need to settle for highlights:boo hoo:

NOLA
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM

And Brett Favre wins! the vikings beat the packers 30-23 on monday night football, Favre threw for 2 TD'S while his QB successor at the packers aaron rodgers was sacked 8 times! vikings defensive end jared allen with 4 all to himself, Favre has now beaten all 32 teams in the NFL!

Haymaker
07-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Crabtree STILL hasnt signed for the 49ers... $16million guarenteed money isnt enough?!

EDIT: has now signed!

NOLA
11-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Saints 4-0 come on""" We are New Orleans!!! check out Drew Brees pumping up the Saints on youtube!! dont know how to link but this clip sends shivers right through me, Go Saints:thumbsup:

Ghaax
19-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Get the feELIng the belief is waning.

The New York football giants were well outclassed last night - they didn't know what they were doing.

the Saints are going to be annoying for whoever gets them in the playoffs!

As for the Jersey Jets - reality strikes hard boys! Superbowl? :bye::bye:

And Brady?? What a half-hearted effort (or three-quartered). Took the foot off the gas there lads! 59 zip. Things must improve! :greengrin

Brady Welker - Brady Moss - Brady Welker :tin hat::tin hat: Buccs had better watch out or it could be a blow out.

Just Jimmy
20-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Get the feELIng the belief is waning.

The New York football giants were well outclassed last night - they didn't know what they were doing.

the Saints are going to be annoying for whoever gets them in the playoffs!

As for the Jersey Jets - reality strikes hard boys! Superbowl? :bye::bye:

And Brady?? What a half-hearted effort (or three-quartered). Took the foot off the gas there lads! 59 zip. Things must improve! :greengrin

Brady Welker - Brady Moss - Brady Welker :tin hat::tin hat: Buccs had better watch out or it could be a blow out.

New Orleans deserved to win, the Saints are finally a good side, they'll be there or about's this season. However, the Giants scored 27 points against them and still lost, how many times will you loose a game with those numbers?

One loss doesn't ruin a season, unless it's to go 19-0 in a superbowl...:wink:

the belief in Eli is still strong in the Giants camp, why would it not be? My concern is some of the plays called by Gilbride the Offense co-ordinator, it's also taking a bit of time adjusting to the departure of Spags as D co-ordinator.

What I would say however, is the general standard of calls by the refs this season has been crap through out the league, Baltimore have had a few right rotten efforts the last few weeks for one.

Haymaker
20-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Im just looking forward to next sunday when the Patriots are in town! :thumbsup:

First ever NFL game live... I hope its good!

Ghaax
20-10-2009, 07:25 PM
New Orleans deserved to win, the Saints are finally a good side, they'll be there or about's this season. However, the Giants scored 27 points against them and still lost, how many times will you loose a game with those numbers?

Yeah - apart from NO there isn't much else in the NFL to worry the giants. Vikes will be thereabouts but Saints are more worrying now that their D matches up. Have to wonder about their attitude and mental ability in the playoffs. Giants will have no worries with that but the Saints will be putting themselves into unknown pressure scenarios in the main.

One thing for sure - it will be easier for the NYFG to recover from the Saints defeat than it will be for the Eagles to come back from that humilation in Oakland. That was a chance to put pressure on NY and they completely blew it. OK, Reid has the ability to cling onto a season for far longer than his team should be able to but, unless they can sweep the Giants, the East is yours and a place in the Champ game.

Just Jimmy
20-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah - apart from NO there isn't much else in the NFL to worry the giants. Vikes will be thereabouts but Saints are more worrying now that their D matches up. Have to wonder about their attitude and mental ability in the playoffs. Giants will have no worries with that but the Saints will be putting themselves into unknown pressure scenarios in the main.

One thing for sure - it will be easier for the NYFG to recover from the Saints defeat than it will be for the Eagles to come back from that humilation in Oakland. That was a chance to put pressure on NY and they completely blew it. OK, Reid has the ability to cling onto a season for far longer than his team should be able to but, unless they can sweep the Giants, the East is yours and a place in the Champ game.

very good post. I think even failing to win the divison, we'll have an excellent shout at the wildcard slot. If Eli stays healthy we'll do ok, He has an excellent record for making the play offs.

As a side note, how garbage are tennesse? I cannot stand the Patriots but Brady was awesome at the weekend!

Ryan91
21-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Patriots absolutely whacked the Tennesee Titans 59-0 in Foxboro on Sunday, with Brady throwing 5 TD passes in 1 quarter of play, first time that has happened since the 50's and tied the franchise record with 6 TD passes overall, and with the Tampa Bay Bucs losing again at the weekend, many would seem to think that the Patriots will most likely run riot.

Sylar
21-10-2009, 02:02 PM
very good post. I think even failing to win the divison, we'll have an excellent shout at the wildcard slot. If Eli stays healthy we'll do ok, He has an excellent record for making the play offs.

As a side note, how garbage are tennesse? I cannot stand the Patriots but Brady was awesome at the weekend!

Probably the first time I've been impressed with him this season to be honest - he's looked too slow in the pocket since returning from injury and seems too eager to get rid of the ball on occasion (perhaps scared of taking another big hit?).

I don't reckon we'll get the easy ride on Sunday, which many seem to think we will - Tampa Bay will be up for the game, and not want to be shown up at the International Stage. I still reckon we have the goods to overcome the Bucs, but we've not had the most convincing of starts.

Ghaax
22-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Probably the first time I've been impressed with him this season to be honest - he's looked too slow in the pocket since returning from injury and seems too eager to get rid of the ball on occasion (perhaps scared of taking another big hit?).

I don't reckon we'll get the easy ride on Sunday, which many seem to think we will - Tampa Bay will be up for the game, and not want to be shown up at the International Stage. I still reckon we have the goods to overcome the Bucs, but we've not had the most convincing of starts.

Have to agree. He's getting it done at times but, as soon as the pressure comes, he's too wary. In previous seasons Baltimore would have been put to bed and Denver would have been closed out too. That'll change down the line. Come December and play-offs beckoning Brady will be willing to take a couple of big hits to ensure there is 6 put on the board. Besides, our offence will match anyones, more or less. Not sure the D can produce the big stops when it matters though. That is a lot of talent & experince to lose in one go.

It certainly won't be blow out on Sunday. the Buccs will want to ensure the Pats don't get an early lead but I can see a fair slow grind for most of the first half. The Pats should be far too strong as the game goes down the line but I think it will be fairly good. Watch for Brady trying to release Moss deep early though - probably in the first NE drive.

Well - kilt on and train at 10am tomorrow - should be in Kings X by 3 and then it's party time.....!:blowing :cheers:
I'll be the one in skirt, McGinest top, some stupid piece of headgear and a beer in each hand. :bye::thumbsup:

NOLA
25-10-2009, 10:26 PM
the only good thing about tampa is their cheerleaders:greengrin

Gatecrasher
25-10-2009, 10:33 PM

Some fine lookin woman there like :agree:

I can't wait till next week for the greenbay game :thumbsup:

Haymaker
25-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Just back in southampton from the game... Absolutely brilliant! Wembley is beautifull and easy, the game was entertaining and the pats won! :thumbsup:

I thought it wasnt going to be a great view from up high and at the end but it was fantastic!

Only down note are the fact that they ran out of beer and food just after half-time!

Sylar
26-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Had a great day too - words can't describe how awesome Wembley is, particularly when sold out to capacity!

We were just behind the Patriots End Zone, and had a superb view (as most of the TD's were scored up there) - great as a I was one of only a few Pats fans in the area! Can't wait to see how the flag display looked on the TV!

My only complaint is that people around me booed the US anthem - either that, or they disapproved of my singing :greengrin

Haymaker
26-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Had a great day too - words can't describe how awesome Wembley is, particularly when sold out to capacity!

We were just behind the Patriots End Zone, and had a superb view (as most of the TD's were scored up there) - great as a I was one of only a few Pats fans in the area! Can't wait to see how the flag display looked on the TV!

My only complaint is that people around me booed the US anthem - either that, or they disapproved of my singing :greengrin

I was up there too, great view!

After discussing the game with my brother, we think it would have been better if certain areas were for Pats/Buccs fans only... I didnt mind sitting next to buccs fans but it was strange because the amount of other teams fans there seemed to take some atmosphere out? What i mean is had there been sections for pats together we could have been more vocal in support and visa versa? There were some fans around me from other teams who hardly clapped at either teams efforts...

Did any of that make any sense? I havent had much sleep.

Sylar
26-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I was up there too, great view!

After discussing the game with my brother, we think it would have been better if certain areas were for Pats/Buccs fans only... I didnt mind sitting next to buccs fans but it was strange because the amount of other teams fans there seemed to take some atmosphere out? What i mean is had there been sections for pats together we could have been more vocal in support and visa versa? There were some fans around me from other teams who hardly clapped at either teams efforts...

Did any of that make any sense? I havent had much sleep.

Yeah, I thought that would have been better too - we ended up surrounded by Chargers, Raiders, 49ers, Giants and Colts fans, but they mostly cheered on Tampa Bay - to be expected I suppose though. A collective area for fans would have been much better, as even some of the Patriots fans there, were very obviously amongst the glory hunting element of our support (it was amazing to see quite how many there are actually, and sad at the same time - where the hell were they all when we were stinking the place up on a weekly basis!).

With reference to the game, it wasn't much of a spectacle - I can see quite why Tampa are struggling to get anything going this season - their aerial offense is absolutely woeful, and their reversion to utilising their running game quite so frequently, makes them predictable. From our point of view, I wasn't overly impressed by us yesterday, compared to when I last saw us play. Our defense held up well, which was encouraging, but offensively, there are so many areas we need to tighten up on! Our forward line give FAR too many penalties away, and Brady needs to quicken up in the pocket - he was only sacked twice (that I can recall) yesterday, but a few times he had to scamper away. I think it took him a while to get used to the air conditions over here - he underthrew a lot of his passes in the first half, thus the 2 interceptions, though why he tried to throw that lob pass when he had a clear field in front of him is beyond me!

I didn't think Moss had a great games yesterday either - a little pedestrian on ocassion, but his positional movement and presence as a decoy had the Bucs all at sea.

We'll very possibly win the AFC East again, as the Jets are too inconsistent, but I have my doubts as to whether we're good enough to go all the way this year again.

Haymaker
26-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I completely agree with that scott, I was amazed when brady threw instead of running into the massive gap ahead of him. Tampa couldnt get anything in the air at all which sometimes was very lucky as had they completed some of the tries they would have been through IMO.

Overall for me that was my first live NFL game and my team played and won in front of my eyes. Amazing. :thumbsup:

NYHibby
26-10-2009, 08:00 PM

This is how seating is done for NFL games. In America, we don't have divided sections like you're used to. If the NFL wants to have a team in London, this is something they (or really the owner) will have to think about.

NYHibby
26-10-2009, 08:07 PM

I'm good friends with several NFL cheerleaders.:wink: None are with TB

Sylar
26-10-2009, 08:21 PM
This is how seating is done for NFL games. In America, we don't have divided sections like you're used to. If the NFL wants to have a team in London, this is something they (or really the owner) will have to think about.

It works fine actually, and engages some decent banter - I ended up sitting next to a Jets fan yesterday and we had a great laugh (he was from NJ too, so very knowledgable about his team!).

I've sat through a few big rivalry games and the atmosphere is intense on ocassion, but enjoyable! I've sat in the Joe next to Penguin fans during the Stanley Cup finals, and we had some good fun, despite what was on the line. Also sat through a Tigers vs Indians game, and although there was some abuse between opposition fans, it was taken in good grace!

The only place I've seen segregation "enforced" in the US is in College Football actually! I wouldn't like to see what would happen if you fired some OSU students in amongst the College section of the Big House during a Michigan vs Ohio State derby mind you! :wink:

I personally hope the NFL London Franchise doesn't go ahead - logistically, it means a lot of extra travelling each week, with the cost of travelling for the franchise on a weekly basis being considerable! I certainly wouldn't alter my loyalties because of a "local" outfit, as my allegiance has its reasons!

Haymaker
26-10-2009, 10:53 PM

I understand that, however had this been in Tampa then there would have been more fans of either team to chant etc and really build an atmosphere and also build some banter. What we have is alot of people who arent interested in either team but just wanting to watch a NFL game because its here but their team isnt. Im also not saying that is wrong either.

Its not that i want divided fans, it was fantastic to sit with everyone but I cant help but feel there *could* have been a better atmosphere with maybe a little area each for the fans of either team as I was sat with my two pats buddies and my friend joe who is cowboys, he didnt care much who won just wanted to see the game. The guys behind didnt cheer or clap much and they were Raiders/Broncos/Jets and Colts. The guys in front were a mixture of teams too... It might just help abit if some sections were made "Xteams fans only".

Either way, I had a great time.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2009, 05:48 PM
where is the best place to buy an NFL jersey?

how big are the chest sizes does say a 48/50 actually be a 48/50 or is it a large fit and have to buy a size smaller?

Haymaker
27-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I bought mine from Football Fanatics but I had to pay alot of customs charges. I got an XL Pats jersey, its good for me, i usually take L or XL t shirts and its quite baggy on me which I like.

Gatecrasher
27-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I bought mine from Football Fanatics but I had to pay alot of customs charges. I got an XL Pats jersey, its good for me, i usually take L or XL t shirts and its quite baggy on me which I like.

i dont mind baggy clothes, i usually buy jeans a size too big for example, so if i bought my normal chest size would it look a bit baggy or a bit stupid :greengrin

Haymaker
27-10-2009, 06:05 PM
i dont mind baggy clothes, i usually buy jeans a size too big for example, so if i bought my normal chest size would it look a bit baggy or a bit stupid :greengrin

Tbh, a jersey should be baggy and everyone seems to wear them thus. If you want a tighter shirt then you can get ones from the clubs, quite a few on show sunday. I would buy a L jersey man go for it.

What team have you decided on following Euph?

Gatecrasher
27-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Tbh, a jersey should be baggy and everyone seems to wear them thus. If you want a tighter shirt then you can get ones from the clubs, quite a few on show sunday. I would buy a L jersey man go for it.

What team have you decided on following Euph?

Iv decided to be a cheesehead :greengrin

reason being: rich history, Lambeau leap, Rodgers, play in green, and not an obvious choice, I saw their 1st game of the season on Chanel 5 and loved it

I liked the cardinals as well when I watched the superbowl so i'm keeping an eye on them:agree:

Haymaker
04-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Some great games this weekend and some great TD's aswell. Miami with TWO 100 yard kick returns... Amazing!

NOLA
17-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Saints now 9-0:thumbsup: their best start to a season ever in their franchise!! bit worried now though that the injuries are stacking up on the D, the Saints will score but i feel their D will not hold up much longer, especially when in the play-offs, hope thety prove me wrong though!

Haymaker
18-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Unreal comeback by the Colts against the Pats this weekend... But that is what guys like Peyton Manning can do and its why they are paid so much!

Fancying the Saints myself, although the Bengals are sneaking under the radar...

Sylar
22-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Unreal comeback by the Colts against the Pats this weekend... But that is what guys like Peyton Manning can do and its why they are paid so much!

Fancying the Saints myself, although the Bengals are sneaking under the radar...

I'd have to disagree with you to be honest - it was an absolutely stupid call by Bellicheck - he should have punted the ball down the field and forced Manning to go from 70 yards instead of 30.

The Ravens are showing the Colts up today and deserve the lead they've just taken in the 4th quarter.

Big divisional rivalry starting in half an hour, and I can't believe Sky aren't covering it :grr: Anyway, must win for the Pats tonight, after a very poor defeat in Indianapolis last week. Miami beating Carolina on Thursday night made it an even more crucial game than it was already!

Some interesting scores coming out of the early games - Colts look very shakey and trail in Baltimore, New Orleans still cruising, and looking comfortable today, Giants putting up a decent score against a woeful Atlanta team, and the Detroit Lions are on the verge of picking up their second win of the season, as they lead the Browns at Ford Field! :greengrin

A wee reminder that there is extended coverage of 3 games on Sky on Thursday, as it's the Thanksgiving programme - Detroit host Green Bay, Dallas face Oakland in Dallas and the New York Giants face off against Denver at Mile High.

NOLA
22-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Saints hit the 10-0 mark with a 38-7 cruise against the Bucs, Brees throwing 3 TD's, the best QB in the NFL at present? maybe the elder manning is running him close as the colts also hit the 10-0 with a close fought W against the ravens, looking forward to the play-offs already, Go Saints! WHO DAT??

Sylar
22-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Pats look comfortable against the Jets just now, though after the horrors of last week, I'd like another score to be safe!

Can't wait til next weekend - I'd love the Pats to end the Saints run :thumbsup:

Sylar
22-11-2009, 11:20 PM
How bad a game has Sanchez had?! 4 interceptions (3 to Kevin Faulk and 1 to Merriweather) and 2 fumbles, recovered by NE at crucial points.

Wes Welker has had an absolutely stunning game today - 15 receptions for 192 yards in a single game, to set a league record.

Currently 31-14 in the Pats favour.

Sylar
26-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, Happy Thanksgiving one and all - I'm aware there are very few of you that will apply to but nonetheless!

Sky Sports are ready to rock and roll, with Green Bay travelling to Ford Field to face Stafford and the Lions, in a Thanksgiving tradition as old as the Turkey (hyperbole).

Following on from that, the Dallas Cowboys host Oakland, with the Giants travelling to Mile High just after Midnight.

Excitement about to start!!! :thumbsup:

Edit: And what a start - Green Bay fumble the punt return, which is recovered by Detroit on the 20 yard line! Superb!!!!!

Sylar
26-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Detroit scored on their opening drive, but Green Bay have found their feet and now lead 10-7. Aaron Rodgers threw a 68 yard bomb to Donald Driver, which set up their TD. Detroit held out on their second drive, but Green Bay landed the field goal.

After a courageous game last week (throwing the winning TD after being mauled), Matt Stafford looks very uncomfortable in the pocket, having thrown 2 picks already.

Great game in Detroit.

Just Jimmy
26-11-2009, 07:22 PM
only picked it up from start of the 3rd. Can't say Detroit was that appealing but hey. Massive, Massive game for the Giants, win and we go 7-4 with Dallas and Philly at the Meadowlands next two games. Any chance of saving this season and making the playoffs and we have to go 3-0 in these three games.

Sylar
26-11-2009, 07:37 PM
only picked it up from start of the 3rd. Can't say Detroit was that appealing but hey. Massive, Massive game for the Giants, win and we go 7-4 with Dallas and Philly at the Meadowlands next two games. Any chance of saving this season and making the playoffs and we have to go 3-0 in these three games.

Can't see it to be honest - Green Bay have a much easier run in to the playoffs - with you guys still needing to face Philly, Dallas, Washington; I would imagine the Packers must be favourites.

This game is well and truly over, as Stafford threw his 4th interception, for another TD. HUGE call by the Packers sideline to challenge a Detroit TD which was changed to a safety!

Just Jimmy
26-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Can't see it to be honest - Green Bay have a much easier run in to the playoffs - with you guys still needing to face Philly, Dallas, Washington; I would imagine the Packers must be favourites.

This game is well and truly over, as Stafford threw his 4th interception, for another TD. HUGE call by the Packers sideline to challenge a Detroit TD which was changed to a safety!

that was the correct call. Lions are rank, but still improved on last year. Few solid free agents and a couple of decent draft picks and more steady improvement next year.

I agree, but Just got to hope. We won in Dallas, and Hollywood Tony doesn't play much during December so...

We need a break but until the fat lady sings...

Just Jimmy
27-11-2009, 10:17 PM
I reckon now, if she's not singing, she warming up. Last night was a shambles for the Giants. The offensive and defensive co-ordinators both need to go.

Sylar
27-11-2009, 11:48 PM
I reckon now, if she's not singing, she warming up. Last night was a shambles for the Giants. The offensive and defensive co-ordinators both need to go.

Would have to agree - Mile High is never an easy place to go, but their offensive line made the Giant's defence look like wet paper. No rush on Denver at all.

Eli Manning looked frustrated at the end of last night, and no wonder!

Just Jimmy
28-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Would have to agree - Mile High is never an easy place to go, but their offensive line made the Giant's defence look like wet paper. No rush on Denver at all.

Eli Manning looked frustrated at the end of last night, and no wonder!

What pisses most Giants fan off most about the situation, is that Spags was widely acknowledged as Caughlins repacement should TC give him a date for stepping aside.

He hung on for another year (which he probably earned the right to do) but he's cost us our next natural HC. We've gone from having arguably the best D in the league, to having the worst pass rush outfit I can remember for some seasons in New York.

Denver were excellent both sides of the line of scrimmage, but why have a 100 million dollar QB who has proven time and again he can win games (and has had an excellent season despite the pish around him), and not let him try and win the game for you.

Jacobs has went from average of 6 yards a carry last season to an average of 3. Pathetic. They had him running to the side last night...I mean seriously!

As you say Eli must be tearing his hair out because the pass rush has been dreadful all season so far. A win against Dallas keeps slim hopes alive but it papers over the cracks.

Gilbride and Sheridan should both go this weekend, and if he won't get shot of them TC should go as well.

lugz
30-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Has anyone got info on the superbowl bash that happens in london each year?

I'm going to be in london that weekend and would to go to it!

Was at my 1st NFL match in october seeing the dolphins beat the bills, has to be one of the best sporting experiences i've been too!! :thumbsup:

Sylar
30-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Never been to the bash in London, but I'll guarantee it doesn't compare to the real thing :wink:

Tickets usually become available just after the New Year I think.

Tonight is the night that the Saints' 10-0 record goes on the line again - I'm hoping the Pats can smash it (as someone will - New Orleans haven't really been tested yet).

Safe to say, I'll be watching from behind my hands (or pillow, as the case may be!).

Haymaker
30-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Never been to the bash in London, but I'll guarantee it doesn't compare to the real thing :wink:

Tonight is the night that the Saints' 10-0 record goes on the line again - I'm hoping the Pats can smash it (as someone will - New Orleans haven't really been tested yet).

Safe to say, I'll be watching from behind my hands (or pillow, as the case may be!).

Same here scott! I hope we can do it...

NOLA
30-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Come on the SAINTS! if we make it 11-0 tonight then it's our year at last, but think that our D might fall apart against the Pats:grr:

Sylar
30-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Come on the SAINTS! if we make it 11-0 tonight then it's our year at last, but think that our D might fall apart against the Pats:grr:

Don't count your chickens, even if you do prevail tonight. Bear in mind we went 16-0, only to leave our offense in the hotel vs NYG in the superbowl!

I hope your second point is accurate :wink:

Just Jimmy
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Don't count your chickens, even if you do prevail tonight. Bear in mind we went 16-0, only to leave our offense in the hotel vs NYG in the superbowl!

I hope your second point is accurate :wink:

I reckon it might be San Diego's this year, no reason oter than I tipped them before the season started and its a gut instinct. Educated guess would be Payton's Colts.

GhostofBolivar
01-12-2009, 05:09 AM

Statement. Game.

The Saints are serious contenders.

leithspartan
01-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Anyone see Vince Young and "The Drive MK II" the other night? Amazing.

Gatecrasher
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Anyone see Vince Young and "The Drive MK II" the other night? Amazing.

i didnt, i want to see it though, everyone says its amazing, any video links to the full drive?

Sylar
01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Ugh - thankfully, Miami, New York and Buffalo are pish, or we wouldn't be making it anywhere!

Shocking all over the park last night, though hats off to the Saints - they were terrific!

NOLA
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Ugh - thankfully, Miami, New York and Buffalo are pish, or we wouldn't be making it anywhere!

Shocking all over the park last night, though hats off to the Saints - they were terrific!

WHO DAT!!! was expecting more from the pats TBH, though the Saints were awesome, Brees had another perfect night, and the D really stepped up big time, a dominant display all-round, not really sure where the Pats go from here, Brady cuts a dejected face right now but with moss and morney(spelling) you have decent offense, dont know about BB and his 4 and down plays? anyway bring on the Skins!

Sylar
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
WHO DAT!!! was expecting more from the pats TBH, though the Saints were awesome, Brees had another perfect night, and the D really stepped up big time, a dominant display all-round, not really sure where the Pats go from here, Brady cuts a dejected face right now but with moss and morney(spelling) you have decent offense, dont know about BB and his 4 and down plays? anyway bring on the Skins!

I'm at a loss with us this season to be honest.

We have a superstar QB, returning from a near-career-threatening injury, and I don't know if they've rushed him back, but he doesn't look ready to me. One of Brady's biggest qualities (even during his time in Michigan and his rookie season in New England) was his vision, and ability to avoid the rush. I don't know if it's that our offensive line is weakened with the likes of Gaffney having moved on or not (though our offensive line hasn't looked terrible with Volmer and Wilfork having great seasons, and Seymour looking solid as ever), or if Brady has just became a little apprehensive in the pocket, as he looks so hesitant this season!

We're always going to pose a threat to teams, as on our day, we can rip any defense to pieces, but I no longer think we're a great team - a good team, definitely, but no longer a great team.

Saints look damned good though, and there are certainly worse teams out there who could potentially win the Lombardi. I can't see any teams in the regular season (remaining schedule) challenging your unbeaten record. The trip to Maryland won't be easy, but a fixture they should win, followed by a trip to a woeful Atlanta team, then home to the underwhelming Cowboys, a deplorable Bucs side, finishing off with the Panthers, who have blown hot and cold all season.

If New England won't go all the way (which it's evident we're not good enough to do), I hope the Saints go undefeated all the way into the Bowl, and meet the Colts (so long as they don't go there at our expense), and horse them. Having watched the Pats play both Indianapolis AND New Orleans this season now, the Saints are definitely the better side. It was our own stupid play call which cost us a win in Indiana - not a better team. Last night, we simply weren't good enough.

H18sry
06-12-2009, 03:27 AM
:singing: "Oooh the weather outside is frightful, but the Colts are sooo delightful, and the Titans already know 12-N-O 12-N-0 12-N--0!!! :singing:

Just Jimmy
06-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Well Well, take that Hollywood Tony and "America's team".

Still unlikely to make the play off's but beating them is always sweet.

Sylar
07-12-2009, 08:05 AM
*grumble mumble incompetent idiots, mumble...*

H18sry
07-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Is this what your mumping your gums about Scott :devil:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20091206015

Haymaker
07-12-2009, 12:43 PM

:boo hoo:

thekaratekid
08-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I take a fairly casual interest in NFL but my mate sent me this.

I can see why he was #1 in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8147c551/Sound-FX-Matthew-Stafford-mic-d-up

Haymaker
28-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Patriots secure their place in the playoffs and clinch the division... not a great night to be a Giants fan however... :cool2:

Pretty Boy
28-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Gutted about Miami, blew it the last 2 weeks. Still an extreme outside chance of a wild card place though.

Gatecrasher
28-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Green bay got a wild card :thumbsup:

Just Jimmy
28-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Patriots secure their place in the playoffs and clinch the division... not a great night to be a Giants fan however... :cool2:

it's not been a great season to be one tbh. The Dallas wins excluded we've been garbage all year. Eli has an excellent season and it was wasted by a terrible secondary and defence.

Major changes will have to be made. I can see Osi being traded, perhaps to reunited with Spags at the Rams for a first rounder or something along these lines.

All in all a gutless season.

Haymaker
28-12-2009, 03:48 PM
it's not been a great season to be one tbh. The Dallas wins excluded we've been garbage all year. Eli has an excellent season and it was wasted by a terrible secondary and defence.

Major changes will have to be made. I can see Osi being traded, perhaps to reunited with Spags at the Rams for a first rounder or something along these lines.

Yeah big changes all round I think for NYG, shame that Meadowlands didnt go out with a bang.

Sylar
28-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Although my dislike for the Giants is no secret, I really felt for you guys last night. Gutless is a very apt description, and Eli looked utterly clueless as to how to turn things around. He's had absolutely no support throughout the year, and has had to work with a very inconsistent roster, let alone just your secondary and defense.

Although the Pats won last night, and looked comfortable to boot, I'm not looking forward to the playoffs. We too, have looked inconsistent this year, and although our offense has looked good in the last few weeks, I worry what will happen when we come up against better defenses in the playoffs. Brady has performed like a luxury-star this year, taking too long to pose in the pocket instead of getting business done against the better sides. If he can maintain his form from the recent games vs Jacksonville, Buffalo and the Jets, then we're going to be in with a shout, though I cannot see us getting to the Superbowl.

Haymaker
28-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Although my dislike for the Giants is no secret, I really felt for you guys last night. Gutless is a very apt description, and Eli looked utterly clueless as to how to turn things around. He's had absolutely no support throughout the year, and has had to work with a very inconsistent roster, let alone just your secondary and defense.

Although the Pats won last night, and looked comfortable to boot, I'm not looking forward to the playoffs. We too, have looked inconsistent this year, and although our offense has looked good in the last few weeks, I worry what will happen when we come up against better defenses in the playoffs. Brady has performed like a luxury-star this year, taking too long to pose in the pocket instead of getting business done against the better sides. If he can maintain his form from the recent games vs Jacksonville, Buffalo and the Jets, then we're going to be in with a shout, though I cannot see us getting to the Superbowl.

I agree with that scott, while brady threw some good passes v Jags he did seem to have alot of time to find the perfect pass, the Jags D line rarely pressured him at all. And it seemed they always left Moss with plenty space which is strange. I dont think we can win it but its still been a decent season, division winners and alot of experience gained for the youth players we have. Im satisfied with the season to be honest what do you think about our season (you're more enlightened than me on the game!)

Sylar
28-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree with that scott, while brady threw some good passes v Jags he did seem to have alot of time to find the perfect pass, the Jags D line rarely pressured him at all. And it seemed they always left Moss with plenty space which is strange. I dont think we can win it but its still been a decent season, division winners and alot of experience gained for the youth players we have. Im satisfied with the season to be honest what do you think about our season (you're more enlightened than me on the game!)

I agree with your assessment of the season pretty much. We've done well considering we've had to cope with losing a few players and working with a QB coming back from a very serious injury. We've been pretty inconsistent on a week to week basis, but I reckon that's partially because we don't use the same plays week in, week out, and try and adapt to the respective defenses.

We have a lot of options offensively, and a lot of defenses have been badly hurt by their inability to pick up so many options - Morris, Faulk, Welker and Moss, to name but a few. My only complaint is that our offensive line is too easily breached on occassion, but this can perhaps be attributed to a couple of rookies. Although I'm glad to see Brady back, he has been Mr Inconsistent this season. I didn't expect him to jump straight back into superhero mode, as a lot of athletes don't recover from the injury he had, but a lot of his mistakes come across to me (personal opinion) as ego driven, as he wants FAR too long in the pocket, which makes it even more difficult for the new recruits, particularly in the offensive line.

We've seen a lot of VERY strange play calls this year from the coaches, which have cost us 2 of our losses, and I hope they take stock for the playoffs, and revert back to basics, particularly with 4th down plays!

I'm happy enough with yet another divisional title, particularly when we've not been firing on all cylinders this season - If we can get to the playoff finals (probably vs the Colts), I'll be happy enough, as it'll be a bonus in my eyes.

Haymaker
29-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I agree with your assessment of the season pretty much. We've done well considering we've had to cope with losing a few players and working with a QB coming back from a very serious injury. We've been pretty inconsistent on a week to week basis, but I reckon that's partially because we don't use the same plays week in, week out, and try and adapt to the respective defenses.

We have a lot of options offensively, and a lot of defenses have been badly hurt by their inability to pick up so many options - Morris, Faulk, Welker and Moss, to name but a few. My only complaint is that our offensive line is too easily breached on occassion, but this can perhaps be attributed to a couple of rookies. Although I'm glad to see Brady back, he has been Mr Inconsistent this season. I didn't expect him to jump straight back into superhero mode, as a lot of athletes don't recover from the injury he had, but a lot of his mistakes come across to me (personal opinion) as ego driven, as he wants FAR too long in the pocket, which makes it even more difficult for the new recruits, particularly in the offensive line.

We've seen a lot of VERY strange play calls this year from the coaches, which have cost us 2 of our losses, and I hope they take stock for the playoffs, and revert back to basics, particularly with 4th down plays!

I'm happy enough with yet another divisional title, particularly when we've not been firing on all cylinders this season - If we can get to the playoff finals (probably vs the Colts), I'll be happy enough, as it'll be a bonus in my eyes.

Good points scott. Some of the calls have been strange right enough...

NOLA
29-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I take a fairly casual interest in NFL but my mate sent me this.

I can see why he was #1 in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8147c551/Sound-FX-Matthew-Stafford-mic-d-up

nice video, do like him as a QB. Shame the lions suck big!

Haymaker
29-12-2009, 04:37 PM
nice video, do like him as a QB. Shame the lions suck big!

Stafford hasnt played much this season though IIRC? Got hurt quite early on...

James.
03-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Can't quite believe it but with only one game left in the entire NFL regular season it comes down to six simple words.

If the Jets win, they're in.

Dibben
04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Can't quite believe it but with only one game left in the entire NFL regular season it comes down to six simple words.

If the Jets win, they're in.

Go Jets!!!

BH.

James.
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Go Jets!!!

BH.

Playoff Games then:

AFC
5. New York Jets @ 4. Cincinatti Bengals
6. Baltimore Ravens @ 3. New England Patriots

2. San Diego Chargers
1. Indianapolis Colts

NFC
5. Green Bay Packers @ 4. Arizona Cardinals
6. Philadelphia Eagles @ 3. "America's Team :yawn:"

2. Minnesota Vikings
1. New Orleans Saints

Just Jimmy
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM

Playoff Games then:

AFC
5. New York Jets @ 4. Cincinatti Bengals
6. Baltimore Ravens @ 3. New England Patriots

2. San Diego Chargers
1. Indianapolis Colts

NFC
5. Green Bay Packers @ 4. Arizona Cardinals
6. Philadelphia Eagles @ 3. "America's Team :yawn:"

2. Minnesota Vikings
1. New Orleans Saints

Chargers v Cardinals superbowl is my guess.

Chargers I fancied early doors and still have that feeling for some reason. Cardinals are doing what they need to do and staying under the radar.

Failing that I can see the Cowboys making the SB. I hope to god they don't.

James.
04-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Chargers v Cardinals superbowl is my guess.

Chargers I fancied early doors and still have that feeling for some reason. Cardinals are doing what they need to do and staying under the radar.

Failing that I can see the Cowboys making the SB. I hope to god they don't.

:agree: I've got a horrible feeling that they are going to the superbowl too. Colts have looked supreme this year, Manning has been pretty much flawless and I can see them winning it with home advantage through the playoffs. Happy the Jets have got the Bengals again, Cincinatti have been poor last few times out - they've got the better QB but we can counter that with our defence and rushing.

Sylar
06-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Chuffed to bits with that draw to be honest - don't fear anyone at Foxborough, but the Ravens should be a game we're capable of winning.

Its a tricky one to call this year actually! The Bengals/Jets game is pretty meaningless, as neither team is good enough to progress. Pats have a chance, but I still doubt we'll make the Superbowl (shame, as it would be nice to win one on Miami's patch).

My head reckons the Chargers/Colts will face the Saints in the final.

My heart hopes for the Patriots vs Dallas :greengrin

dar
10-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Great win for Dallas last night 34 - 14 against the Eagles. :thumbsup:

Vikings next for Dallas.

NY Jets win 24 - 14.

James.
10-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Sanchez stepped up big time last night! :thumbsup: Pity the Dallas Cowbells had to spoil my night a little.

Oh and is anyone keeping tabs on the Pats Ravens game? Baltimore are giving them an absolute routing 24-0 and we're not even finished the first quarter. :faf: Ravens have never beaten New England!

It's good to be king.

Just Jimmy
10-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Sanchez stepped up big time last night! :thumbsup: Pity the Dallas Cowbells had to spoil my night a little.

Oh and is anyone keeping tabs on the Pats Ravens game? Baltimore are giving them an absolute routing 24-0 and we're not even finished the first quarter. :faf: Ravens have never beaten New England!

It's good to be king.

fantastic so far from the ravens but a massive blow out not to challenge that fumble on the kick at the start of the 2nd.

Re the Cowgirls, they have peaked like the Giants did in 07, just in time.

Disgusting. :greengrin

Sylar
10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Feels like we've peaked as well - we might continue to dominate the AFC East for a few years, but we've been shocking in a fair few encounters this season, and didn't deserve to go any further. Solid performance by the Ravens tonight and I wish them well as they progress.

Perhaps time for us to recruit another QB in support of Brady, as he carries far too much pressure, and the expectations on him recovering and performing are part of the reason we've been so inconsistent this year.

He's demanded far too much time in control of the ball in the pocket, and there's only so long the offensive line can protect him against the rush. We could be doing with finding another Cassel who can offer an alternative, when Brady is struggling. I get the impression they've rushed him back, following the sale of Matt Cassel, and the time he's taking is a method of protecting his knee, which was probably still far from 100%.

Nothing away from the Ravens tonight though - they were just too good.

Gatecrasher
10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Anyone watching the Arizona green bay game :thumbsup:

sambajustice
10-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Anyone watching the Arizona green bay game :thumbsup:

I am, I want to go to sleep but cant because of it!

THis game is ridiculous!!

Just Jimmy
10-01-2010, 11:30 PM
fantastic game. I kinda hope Green Bay can win it. Just went 44-38 Cardinals with the kick to come tho.

Gatecrasher
10-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I am, I want to go to sleep but cant because of it!

THis game is ridiculous!!

I want to go to bed as well but can't :greengrin

I think Arizona is going to win green bay can't handle the offence

38-45 now

Just Jimmy
10-01-2010, 11:49 PM
tied at the moment at 45-45 but cards are running riot in the middle of the field. they should win this with Warner and the time left.

Gatecrasher
10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
OT green bay win toss

Just Jimmy
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Cards miss the kick! Green bay win the toss and will receive in OT!

What! A! Game! :greengrin

Mon the packers!

Gatecrasher
11-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Cards win :boo hoo:

I'm off to bed

Just Jimmy
11-01-2010, 12:02 AM
What a way to finish!

Best game I've seen for ages! What a day with the Ravens v the Pats and now this game.

hopefully the rest of the playoffs continue at this standard

Haymaker
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Feels like we've peaked as well - we might continue to dominate the AFC East for a few years, but we've been shocking in a fair few encounters this season, and didn't deserve to go any further. Solid performance by the Ravens tonight and I wish them well as they progress.

Perhaps time for us to recruit another QB in support of Brady, as he carries far too much pressure, and the expectations on him recovering and performing are part of the reason we've been so inconsistent this year.

He's demanded far too much time in control of the ball in the pocket, and there's only so long the offensive line can protect him against the rush. We could be doing with finding another Cassel who can offer an alternative, when Brady is struggling. I get the impression they've rushed him back, following the sale of Matt Cassel, and the time he's taking is a method of protecting his knee, which was probably still far from 100%.

Nothing away from the Ravens tonight though - they were just too good.

As I said earlier in this thread, it has been a good season for us given the amount of experience we have lost and the amount of rookies we have. To win the AFC East is decent in my eyes. Fair play to the Ravens, they trumped us.

On your comment about Cassel, I am not suprised we let him go, he had kinda proved himself and wouldnt have wanted to stay on the bench anymore if first team football was on the line, I was happier with O'Connell whom we drafted that year but i am suprised we let cassell AND o'connell go and brought in only one QB as back up. Had Brady suffered a set back beginning of the season... Another strange NE call this season (IMHO).

At the end of the day, a decent season from my boys in a difficult period. Experience gained and lets look forward to the next season.

James.
15-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Divisional Playoffs start tomorrow! Four really exciting games, the two NFC match ups should be pretty close I think and it should be a walk in the park for Colts and Chargers but here's hoping for an upset in San Diego.

Arizona @ New Orleans
The Dallas Cowbells @ Minnesota

New York @ San Diego
New Eng.. oh wait Baltimore @ Indianapolis

Sylar
15-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Divisional Playoffs start tomorrow! Four really exciting games, the two NFC match ups should be pretty close I think and it should be a walk in the park for Colts and Chargers but here's hoping for an upset in San Diego.

Arizona @ New Orleans
The Dallas Cowbells @ Minnesota

New York @ San Diego
New Eng.. oh wait Baltimore @ Indianapolis

I suppose you have to have a sense of humour, or you'd go mad watching the Jets (or Dolphins) languishing behind us every year :wink:. One easy game vs Cincinnati and the Jets fans suddenly believe in miracles again.

San Diego will absolutely obliterate NY at home.

Should be:

New Orleans/"America's Team" vs Colts/Chargers in the end.

I'm really hoping for Saints vs Colts.

Haymaker
16-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I suppose you have to have a sense of humour, or you'd go mad watching the Jets (or Dolphins) languishing behind us every year. One easy game vs Cincinnati and the Jets fans suddenly believe in miracles again.

San Diego will absolutely obliterate NY at home.

Should be:

New Orleans/"America's Team" vs Colts/Chargers in the end.

I'm really hoping for Saints vs Colts.

:faf:

I hope for a saints colts game too as they both have been cracking this year, however if that is the 'bowl then I will be cheering the Saints.

NOLA
16-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Go Saints:thumbsup::partyhibb 21-7 midway thru the 2nd Q, This could be better than the cards v pack, long way to go...:worried:

NOLA
16-01-2010, 09:46 PM
what a play for the 4th TD:agree: Brees to Henderson for 46 yards:partyhibb now its 28 - 14 Saints :cool2:

Sylar
17-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Saints, Vikings and Colts through comfortably.

Jets about to follow the Ravens, Dallas and Arizona :thumbsup:

NOLA
17-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Sanchez is a good QB but still a rookie, Chargers to win by 17

Sylar
17-01-2010, 09:28 PM
7-zip San Diego :thumbsup:

James.
17-01-2010, 10:18 PM
7-zip San Diego :thumbsup:

At least there's still something for Pats fans to get excited about in the post season then :rolleyes: If the decline continues then rooting against the Jets might be all you'll have over the next few years.

Sanchez looks pretty scared out there but we've kept it close! Not over by a long shot.

Sylar
17-01-2010, 10:27 PM
At least there's still something for Pats fans to get excited about in the post season then :rolleyes: If the decline continues then rooting against the Jets might be all you'll have over the next few years.

Sanchez looks pretty scared out there but we've kept it close! Not over by a long shot.

Hardly a decline - we had a few inconsistent performances and were deservedly beaten in the playoffs by a decent Ravens side. The Jets got an easy draw against a very poor Cincinnati side, and all I heard from mates of mine who are Jets fans was how much better they were because they were still in it. I endured years of watching an utterly deplorable Patriots side continually finish below the Jets and Dolphins - I've already had my years of cheering for anyone who plays either side! We make the playoffs by winning the division every single year - until we have to rely on wildcard access to the post-season, you can't really blether away about "declines".

James.
17-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Hardly a decline - we had a few inconsistent performances and were deservedly beaten in the playoffs by a decent Ravens side. The Jets got an easy draw against a very poor Cincinnati side, and all I heard from mates of mine who are Jets fans was how much better they were because they were still in it. I endured years of watching an utterly deplorable Patriots side continually finish below the Jets and Dolphins - I've already had my years of cheering for anyone who plays either side! We make the playoffs by winning the division every single year - until we have to rely on wildcard access to the post-season, you can't really blether away about "declines".

Well I could talk about the Patriot's defense, Brady, Moss, Welker's knee, that OL but I'm too busy watching the Chargers 'obliterate' my team :wink:.

lugz
17-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Game over, wat a shocking attempt at a field goal!!!

Gatecrasher
17-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Jets looking good for this game 17-7

Sylar
17-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Well I could talk about the Patriot's defense, Brady, Moss, Welker's knee, that OL but I'm too busy watching the Chargers 'obliterate' my team :wink:.

To be fair, I don't think ANYONE gave the Jets a chance vs Rivers and Tomlinson.

Decent game.

Gatecrasher
17-01-2010, 11:46 PM
To be fair, I don't think ANYONE gave the Jets a chance vs Rivers and Tomlinson.

Decent game.

Even better now 3 point game

James.
18-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Sylar
18-01-2010, 12:10 AM

Great result for NY. Nobody gave them hope (myself included), and I was impressed by how well they rallied from going behind early. I thought Sanchez looked way out of his depth in the 1st quarter, following a succession of 3rd and outs, but he got himself together well.

I'd imagine the run will end vs the Colts next week, but then, I didn't expect you to beat the Chargers IN San Diego!

NOLA
18-01-2010, 12:16 AM
So it's the Saints +colts +vikings and believe it or not the Jets:confused:

Dibben
18-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Well done the Jets!

James.
24-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Championship games today! :thumbsup:

Minnesota @ New Orleans
New York @ Indianapolis

How about Brett Farve against his former team and rookie Mark Sanchez in the superbowl?

Ell_Chrisso
24-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Minnesota @ New Orleans
New York @ Indianapolis

How about Brett Farve against his former team and rookie Mark Sanchez in the superbowl?

You have a cetain PEYTON MANNING, to come by first of all with that one. :agree:

NOLA
24-01-2010, 02:47 PM

Minnesota @ New Orleans
New York @ Indianapolis

How about Favre to get dumped on his a$$ by the mighty Saints! :greengrin

Ell_Chrisso
24-01-2010, 02:58 PM
As much as the Vikings looked Impressive last week, i think they played a very tired looking Dallas team. That won't be the case for the Saints

The Saints have home field advantage.. A highliy explosive offense, and the SECOND best QB in the league ;)

I think this one may come down to how well the Saints D does against stopping AP. As that seems to be there slight weakness. Vikings will want this one to run for as long as poss, as they wont want to get in a shoot-out with Brees.

The Colts & Jets is also a kind of tricky one to predict. Im a huge Colts fan, and im really not expecting anything less than a win, however, i respect the Jets D, and there guys hussle all over the field.

If the Colts stop the simple plays the Jets use, and Manning does his thing, there will only be one Victor in this tie.

I would predict a Saints v Colts superbowl ...

but in the NFL, anything can happen.

NOLA
24-01-2010, 06:31 PM
As much as the Vikings looked Impressive last week, i think they played a very tired looking Dallas team. That won't be the case for the Saints

The Saints have home field advantage.. A highliy explosive offense, and the SECOND best QB in the league ;)

I think this one may come down to how well the Saints D does against stopping AP. As that seems to be there slight weakness. Vikings will want this one to run for as long as poss, as they wont want to get in a shoot-out with Brees.

The Colts & Jets is also a kind of tricky one to predict. Im a huge Colts fan, and im really not expecting anything less than a win, however, i respect the Jets D, and there guys hussle all over the field.

If the Colts stop the simple plays the Jets use, and Manning does his thing, there will only be one Victor in this tie.

I would predict a Saints v Colts superbowl ...

but in the NFL, anything can happen.

Good post! think the Colts and jets will be a rough and tumble affair, 'ugly football' while the Saints and Vikings should be a shoot-out from the start, exiting night ahead, hoping to see Manning v Brees battle it out in the Super Bowl :thumbsup:

James.
24-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Is that Peyton Manning wearing no 6 in the green?

robinp
24-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Manning is on a game 2nd half .... TD Colts :thumbsup:

James.
24-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Manning is on a game 2nd half .... TD Colts :thumbsup:

Never really got the running game going today. Great run though and Sanchez has looked the real deal in the last few weeks.

Right then, Islanders for the Stanley Cup! :wink:

NOLA
24-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Bring on the BIG game Saints (Brees) v Viks (Favre) obviously i'm going for the Saints, but we need to shut down Peterson, Lets Have It:thumbsup:
WHO DAT!!!!!

lugz
24-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Really looking forward to this game got the makings of a cracker!!!

Put £5 on sidney rice for touchdown scorer for banter @ 8/1. - tht went well haha!!

Ell_Chrisso
24-01-2010, 10:59 PM
DELIGHTED!! WOOOO BABY, SUPERBOWL 44 HERE WE COME.

Now to an epic game from NO.

May the best team win. This year is gonna be some superbowl!!

hibsboy90
25-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Just seen the TD by reggie bush for the saints that was given on a challenge.

Why was this a TD? Was always under the impression that you need to touch the endzone with your body, e.g. run into the zone, or catch with your feet in.

Why was this a TD then?

Thanks

NOLA
25-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Garrett Hartley , I salute you my man:thumbsup: Saints in the super bowl at last! took you long enough:wink: WHO DAT!

Haymaker
25-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Me and a friend paddy had to listen to both games on the radio... What a fumble fest the vikes had?! but jesus it was hard listening to it and neither of us support the teams playing!

I will be backing the Saints in the final... **** the colts. :greengrin

GhostofBolivar
25-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Just seen the TD by reggie bush for the saints that was given on a challenge.

Why was this a TD? Was always under the impression that you need to touch the endzone with your body, e.g. run into the zone, or catch with your feet in.

Why was this a TD then?

Thanks

No. In that situation all that needed to happen was for the ball to break the goal-line.

Also.

GET IT UP YE FAVRE :hahaha::faf::bye:

A backbreaking INT in the NFC title game while playing for the Vikings. That will go nicely with the backbreaking INT in the NFC title game two years ago in Green Bay. Especially when a major reason he signed for the Vikings was so he could stick it to the Packers.

The only way I'd have found that funnier and more well deserved was if he'd done that in the Superbowl. Against the Jets.

Self-obsessed fud.

Ell_Chrisso
25-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Me and a friend paddy had to listen to both games on the radio... What a fumble fest the vikes had?! but jesus it was hard listening to it and neither of us support the teams playing!

I will be backing the Saints in the final... **** the colts. :greengrin

Ohh dear, the jealousy factor.

One things for sure, if Brees and co play as poorly as they did last night, the Colts will win hands down.

Vikings kept a game close all the way to overtime, when they were -4 turnover ratio. NO Offense was terrible 2nd half. Man they are thankfull for fumbles galore.

I look forward to a potentially "one of the greatest ever" Superbowls, in two weeks time.

Go COLTS!

Ell_Chrisso
25-01-2010, 10:23 AM
No. In that situation all that needed to happen was for the ball to break the goal-line.

Also.

GET IT UP YE FAVRE :hahaha::faf::bye:

A backbreaking INT in the NFC title game while playing for the Vikings. That will go nicely with the backbreaking INT in the NFC title game two years ago in Green Bay. Especially when a major reason he signed for the Vikings was so he could stick it to the Packers.

The only way I'd have found that funnier and more well deserved was if he'd done that in the Superbowl. Against the Jets.

Self-obsessed fud.

Fair doos, but i really don't see why you would have soo much against some-one who is a LEGEND in the game.

Just for sakes, did you actually watch the game last night? Because all i seen was an Old man, time and time again get up off the ground after taking HUGE hits left right and centre, and that guy is TOUGH! He had an outstanding game, considering the pressure, and made one big mistake trying to get the ball to his go to target, rather carrying the ball 5 yards forward, and sliding down b4 a potential winning field goal.

I hope Favre stays in the game. The guy is awesome.

GhostofBolivar
25-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Fair doos, but i really don't see why you would have soo much against some-one who is a LEGEND in the game.

Just for sakes, did you actually watch the game last night? Because all i seen was an Old man, time and time again get up off the ground after taking HUGE hits left right and centre, and that guy is TOUGH! He had an outstanding game, considering the pressure, and made one big mistake trying to get the ball to his go to target, rather carrying the ball 5 yards forward, and sliding down b4 a potential winning field goal.

I hope Favre stays in the game. The guy is awesome.

Yeah, I watched the game last night. The Saints did a very good job of bringing pressure, but you are overstating Favre. He was in no way outstanding. 310 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a lost fumble? At best, that's mediocre and his QB rating of 70 reflects that fact.

Drew Brees played considerably better while facing down a better pass rush than Favre did. Peyton Manning - against the number one defence in the league - had a QB rating of 123.6 yesterday.

Favre took some heavy hits, but nothing any different than what quarterbacks face week in, week out. Aaron Rodgers played a large part of last season with a seperated shoulder. In college, Byron Leftwich played a large part of one game on a broken leg. Last year, the Steelers sacked Redskins QB Jason Campbell 7 times in one game. Kurt Warner got destroyed by a hit against the Saints last week and came back. American football players are tough.

Favre's ironman streak is astoundingly impressive, but taking hits during the course of a game isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Frankly, the last thing I want to go through this off-season is another repeat of Favre stroking his ego by retiring again, only to return again at a time that only suits himself and that maximises the media exposure. The man cares only for himself and I'm tired of it. He's great player and certain hall-of-famer, but he's an appalling team-mate.

Two years ago, he retired, then openly sulked when the Packers wouldn't pander to him by naming him starter or releasing him after he changed his mind. So they traded him.

He destroyed the Jets when he was there. After he 'retired' again the whole coaching staff were fired. Thomas Jones said he should have been benched. Other, unnamed players, said that he never socialised with them, was never called out for his poor play and that he was never one of them.

In both New York and Green Bay, he had a private locker room so he didn't have to spend time around his team mates.

This year, he retired and the Jets took him at his word. They released him from his contract to free up a roster spot. Lo and behold, Favre was lying (what a surprise). This meant that the Jets didn't get anything for him when he signed in Minnesota.

Incidentally, it's widely believed that the only reason he signed for the Vikings so late on was so he'd avoid having to go through pre-season camp. Nothing to do with a conflicted mind at all. He simply couldn't be bothered with the training regimen that his teammates had to go through.

Since then, he's repeatedly disrespected his head coach by referring to him as 'Brad' instead of 'Coach Childress'. Last week he padded his stats against the Cowboys by running up the score on them when it would have been more sporting to take a knee. A major motivation in him coming back was to stick it to the Packers for not kowtowing to him two years ago. Nice guy.

That killer interception last night was the perfect illustration of Favre's ego at play. Yeah, he could have run for five yards and then slid, but that wouldn't have played into the myth. He needed to make a passing play so that if they won, the story today would have been about the great pass he made to get them into field goal range.

So he made a mistake. The intended receiver wasn't "his go-to target". Simply put, he should never have made that throw. Troy Aikman - who has two more Superbowl rings than Favre - described the pass as "The first thing you're taught not to do as a quarterback."

It had nothing to do with the team. It was about him always wanting to be the story. Just like everything else he's done in the last two years.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I watched the game last night. The Saints did a very good job of bringing pressure, but you are overstating Favre. He was in no way outstanding. 310 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a lost fumble? At best, that's mediocre and his QB rating of 70 reflects that fact.

Drew Brees played considerably better while facing down a better pass rush than Favre did. Peyton Manning - against the number one defence in the league - had a QB rating of 123.6 yesterday.

Favre took some heavy hits, but nothing any different than what quarterbacks face week in, week out. Aaron Rodgers played a large part of last season with a seperated shoulder. In college, Byron Leftwich played a large part of one game on a broken leg. Last year, the Steelers sacked Redskins QB Jason Campbell 7 times in one game. Kurt Warner got destroyed by a hit against the Saints last week and came back. American football players are tough.

Favre's ironman streak is astoundingly impressive, but taking hits during the course of a game isn't out anything out of the ordinary.

Frankly, the last thing I want to go through this off-season is another repeat of Favre stroking his ego by retiring again, only to return again at a time that only suits himself and that maximises the media exposure. The man cares only for himself and I'm tired of it. He's great player and certain hall-of-famer, but he's an appalling team-mate.

Two years ago, he retired, then openly sulked when the Packers wouldn't pander to him by naming him starter or releasing him after he changed his mind. So they traded him.

He destroyed the Jets when he was there. After he 'retired' again the whole coaching staff were fired. Thomas Jones said he should have been benched. Other, unnamed players, said that he never socialised with them, was never called out for his poor play and that he was never one of them.

In both New York and Green Bay, he had a private locker room so he didn't have to spend time around his team mates.

This year, he retired and the Jets took him at his word. They released him from his contract to free up a roster spot. Lo and behold, Favre was lying (what a surprise). This meant that the Jets didn't get anything for him when he signed in Minnesota.

Incidentally, it's widely believed that the only reason he signed for the Vikings so late on was so he'd avoid having to go through pre-season camp. Nothing to do with a conflicted mind at all. He simply couldn't be bothered with training regimen that his teammates had to go through.

Since then, he's repeatedly disrespected his head coach by referring to him as 'Brad' instead of 'Coach Childress'. Last week he padded his stats against the Cowboys by running up the score on them when it would have been more sporting to take a knee. A major motivation in him coming back was to stick it to the Packers for not kowtowing to him two years ago. Nice guy.

That killer interception last week was the perfect illustration of Favre's ego at play. Yeah, he could have run for five yards and then slid, but that wouldn't have played into the myth. He needed to make a passing play so that if they won, the story today would have been about the great pass he made to get them into field goal range.

So he made a mistake. The intended receiver wasn't "his go-to target". Simply put, he should never have made that throw. Troy Aikman - who has two more Superbowl rings than Favre - described the pass as "The first thing you're taught not to do as a quarterback."

It had nothing to do with the team. It was about him always wanting to be the story. Just like everything else he's done in the last two years.

:top marks Some of the things i have read about Favre from his former teammates and coaches is not pleasant. The guys ego is absolutely massive.

The private locker room and failure to socialise are not even rumours they are facts, confirmed by the man himself. Whilst he has undoubtedly had success in the game, and fair play to him, i honestly believe his ego and refusal to be a team player have cost him and teammates further success. His mistake last night proves this, it was unforgivable. He had at least 5-10 yeards free space to scramble into to get into field goal range, but no he had to try a pass which would have looked bad in High School football never mind the NFC championship game.

Haymaker
25-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Ohh dear, the jealousy factor.

Or not. More like rivals. I dont want to see Hearts win a trophy and I dont want to see the Colts win one either.

Ell_Chrisso
25-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Rivalry of whom?

Suppose your one of these Peyton haters?

Ell_Chrisso
25-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Favre's ironman streak is astoundingly impressive, but taking hits during the course of a game isn't out anything out of the ordinary.

Incidentally, it's widely believed that the only reason he signed for the Vikings so late on was so he'd avoid having to go through pre-season camp. Nothing to do with a conflicted mind at all. He simply couldn't be bothered with the training regimen that his teammates had to go through.

That killer interception last night was the perfect illustration of Favre's ego at play. Yeah, he could have run for five yards and then slid, but that wouldn't have played into the myth. He needed to make a passing play so that if they won, the story today would have been about the great pass he made to get them into field goal range.

You know what my man, il hold my hands up and say, VERY interesting post. I agree with a few points in this. Most definatly the one in the first place where he probably should have just accepted the fact Rodgers was the new Franchice QB in GB. Therefor, should have just said, enoughs, enough then.

I don't agree he drove the Jets down tho. Ok, his last couple games were hideous, but that was becuase of him being his usual, tough (yes maybe, selfish self) and wanting to play through the pain barriers. That was by far the worst decision of his career.

I honestly thought this offseason he had actually decided that was it, but noo, he came back. He's never been one to shy away from the limelight, so maybe he does like his ego. Would maybe explain another thing to back up your facts be that he is scared of Peyton Manning catching up on all his records??? Seems to me Favre wants to have em all.

But i can't knock the guy. He played a huge game yesterday. And he didnt fumble the ball, Peterson never took hold. He's the one running the ball, not favre. Peterson proved his Turnovers are killers. By fumbling 3 times.

If Favre now does decide he has had enough, i salute the guy. He was a true great in the game, and his numbers (apart from Ints)* lol, back that up.

Not many 40 year old Guys would have had the guts to take all the hits he had last night. And 15+ hits on a QB is not normal!

Haymaker
26-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Rivalry of whom?

Suppose your one of these Peyton haters?

rivalry of the colts. I am a pats fan. Peyton is a fantastic QB and one of the best however as a patriots fan I cannot stand the Colts winning.

Ell_Chrisso
26-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Ok cool, i understand now. Patriot's have been a complete dissapointment this season, and i understand most ppl will probably want the Saints to win, due to there first superbowl, and the fact the Colts have been one of the best teams of the decade.

It's anyone's game, i don't think the bookies could even make either team favourite.

Nice to see you appreciate Manning tho. He will retire the best ever QB to play the game.

Haymaker
26-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok cool, i understand now. Patriot's have been a complete dissapointment this season, and i understand most ppl will probably want the Saints to win, due to there first superbowl, and the fact the Colts have been one of the best teams of the decade.

It's anyone's game, i don't think the bookies could even make either team favourite.

Nice to see you appreciate Manning tho. He will retire the best ever QB to play the game.

I dont think we were a disappointment, we lost alot of talent and experience last season and we had alot of rookies who still got us to the playoffs... hopefully they will continue to develop and the VL will be back in our hands soon.

You have to appreciate manning... the only stain on him is his shirt :devil:

Sylar
27-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Having watched both Conference Championship games, I reckon the Colts will blow the Saints away in Miami. The Saints looked quite weary against the Vikings, particularly their defense. Brees is always going to threaten, but he's similar to Brady in a way, that he generally can be guilty of taking too much time in the pocket.

I can't see past Manning and the Colts passing the Saints to death. I've never really appreciated just how good a QB Manning is, before this season, as usually the Patriots are streets ahead of them, but by comparison this season, Brady couldn't lace Manning's cleats.

Be interesting to see how we'll bounce back or crumble next year. The Jets have had a very good post-season and I wouldn't be adverse to a little more competition in the AFC East next year - we were a disappointment this year in my eyes - we made so many terrible calls, and didn't function as a unit apart from 3 or 4 games. Our offensive line were unable to do their job because golden boy wanted waaayyyy too long to get rid of the ball and our defense was very inconsistent. Probably a lot of which WAS to do with losing so many key players.

Should be a good show in Miami, and I hope both teams stand up. I'd like to see the Saints win it, but as per above, the Colts must be overwhelming favourites.

Haymaker
27-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Next sunday should be a great game, lets hope for something crazy like a 56-57 result! That would be entertainment.

NOLA
28-01-2010, 01:22 AM
The proudest person at the 'Big Show' will be Archie Manning. his oldest son against the team where he is regarded as a legend! amazing that a dad who was a good QB has 3 sons to have played top level football, and that 2 of them have hit the top hights also as QB's, it was news to me that the Manning Bros had a QB dad!

Haymaker
28-01-2010, 02:24 AM
The proudest person at the 'Big Show' will be Archie Manning. his oldest son against the team where he is regarded as a legend! amazing that a dad who was a good QB has 3 sons to have played top level football, and that 2 of them have hit the top hights also as QB's, it was news to me that the Manning Bros had a QB dad!

IIRC his third son never made it pro? he suffered a serious injury early on. Still a brilliant family of sportsmen however I dont think Eli is a touch on Payton...

GhostofBolivar
28-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Should be a good show in Miami, and I hope both teams stand up. I'd like to see the Saints win it, but as per above, the Colts must be overwhelming favourites.

The Patriots were 9 point favourites against the Giants two years ago. Look how that turned out.

The point is, at this point of the season, with two weeks to rest up and prepare, no team is that much of a dog.

Ell_Chrisso
29-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Yea i completely agree. I wouldn't make the Colts favourites.

Both teams are in the Superbowl for the same reason's. There both Conference Champions.

There's around a week and a half to prepare for this game. (Pro-Bowl is a pain in the a*se being before the superbowl) Reason they aint getting the full two weeks being the inconvience of the above.

I can see why the bookmaker's favour the Colts by 5 points, but its anyone's game. Just like a few post's ago said, the NYG turned up that night, and NE offense didn't, thats what eventually made the game winnable for Eli at the end. (Still can't believe Tyree's catch!)

Looking forward to Superbowl Sunday! I believe regardless of all this rubbish that Manning needs to win another ring, he will still retire THEE best of all time.

I hoping im celebrating come the end of the game!

Sylar
29-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Yea i completely agree. I wouldn't make the Colts favourites.

Both teams are in the Superbowl for the same reason's. There both Conference Champions.

There's around a week and a half to prepare for this game. (Pro-Bowl is a pain in the a*se being before the superbowl) Reason they aint getting the full two weeks being the inconvience of the above.

I can see why the bookmaker's favour the Colts by 5 points, but its anyone's game. Just like a few post's ago said, the NYG turned up that night, and NE offense didn't, thats what eventually made the game winnable for Eli at the end. (Still can't believe Tyree's catch!)

Looking forward to Superbowl Sunday! I believe regardless of all this rubbish that Manning needs to win another ring, he will still retire THEE best of all time.

I hoping im celebrating come the end of the game!

Perhaps I just have the very biased viewpoint that the AFC is the stronger conference...

Peyton Manning the best QB of all time? I'll have some of what you're smoking! :bye:

He's one of the best, but definitely not THEE best of all time.

Ell_Chrisso
29-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Perhaps I just have the very biased viewpoint that the AFC is the stronger conference...

Peyton Manning the best QB of all time? I'll have some of what you're smoking! :bye:

He's one of the best, but definitely not THEE best of all time.

Hit me with who's better? It'll give me a right good chuckle.

How can u claim im on something, or smoking as you call it, when you agree he IS one of the best?

That's just my opinion.

GhostofBolivar
29-01-2010, 07:07 PM

How can u claim im on something, or smoking as you call it, when you agree he IS one of the best?

That's just my opinion.

Manning isn't even the best QB in franchise history.

Ell_Chrisso
29-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Manning isn't even the best QB in franchise history.

Sorry, i forgot we got Painter! :greengrin

Sylar
31-01-2010, 02:25 PM

That's just my opinion.

Yeah, ONE OF the best, not THE best, as you claimed.

Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Johny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw are all much better QB's than Manning, and have the rings/records to prove it. I'd also argue (perhaps with bias, I confess, though again - more rings at present...) that he's no better than Tom Brady.

Haymaker
31-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Can anyone tell me why the Pro Bowl was moved from Hawaii and played before the super bowl this year? Cant seem to find anything about it other than "its happened".

GhostofBolivar
31-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah, ONE OF the best, not THE best, as you claimed.

Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Johny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw are all much better QB's than Manning, and have the rings/records to prove it. I'd also argue (perhaps with bias, I confess, though again - more rings at present...) that he's no better than Tom Brady.

Not Marino, but I concur with the other four.

Sylar
31-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Not Marino, but I concur with the other four.

The only thing missing from Marino's resume was a superbowl win.

He's definately one of the best draft QB's of all time, and some of the records he holds (and set) are phenomenal!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does he not still hold the record for most passing yards in a season at c.5800 odd?

You can't mention great QB's of the NFL and omit Marino.

Sylar
31-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Can anyone tell me why the Pro Bowl was moved from Hawaii and played before the super bowl this year? Cant seem to find anything about it other than "its happened".

Roger Goodall stated it was because they were looking to strengthen it's reputation - the ratings it got were diminishing year on year, as most people move on to another sport following the Superbowl. I think it's scheduled to move around from now on, as it was inaccessible to most in Hawaii.

The reason for the date move was TV schedule conflict, as it's original date of 13/14 March would have clashed with the NBA All-star game, the Winter Olympics and the Daytona 500.

GhostofBolivar
31-01-2010, 05:24 PM

He's definately one of the best draft QB's of all time, and some of the records he holds (and set) are phenomenal!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does he not still hold the record for most passing yards in a season at c.5800 odd?

Yeah, I agree he was a great QB, but he wasn't better than Peyton.

Haymaker
01-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Roger Goodall stated it was because they were looking to strengthen it's reputation - the ratings it got were diminishing year on year, as most people move on to another sport following the Superbowl. I think it's scheduled to move around from now on, as it was inaccessible to most in Hawaii.

The reason for the date move was TV schedule conflict, as it's original date of 13/14 March would have clashed with the NBA All-star game, the Winter Olympics and the Daytona 500.

Fair enough, still it seems strange to play it before the SB... Surely the weekend after would still be favourable? I watched it last year and it was alright but there seemed to be no crowd at all IIRC...

Ghaax
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Peyton's good but it's impossible to say if he's the best.

Try putting him into an early '70's team and see what he could do.
"Eh - you sure coach - you want me to hand off again?"
Or what if he had been playing against the mental Steelers and Raiders D's of late '70's into early '80's.
Course the class of '83 helped change the game but it still took time to produce the arena where missile throwing QB's can be successful like this.
So trying to compare is pretty much impossible.

Talking of that '83 draft, it is funny to think that the SB losing Dolphins had pick 27 that year when they acquired Marino. While I'm sure the Broncos were happy with Elway and Kelly was no flop at the Bills can you really believe the Jets (Ken O'Brien), Patriots (Tony Eason) and Chiefs (Todd Blackledge) left Marino alone when they were choosing a new QB!!????:confused::confused:

Pretty Boy
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Peyton's good but it's impossible to say if he's the best.

Try putting him into an early '70's team and see what he could do.
"Eh - you sure coach - you want me to hand off again?"
Or what if he had been playing against the mental Steelers and Raiders D's of late '70's into early '80's.
Course the class of '83 helped change the game but it still took time to produce the arena where missile throwing QB's can be successful like this.
So trying to compare is pretty much impossible.

Talking of that '83 draft, it is funny to think that the SB losing Dolphins had pick 27 that year when they acquired Marino. While I'm sure the Broncos were happy with Elway and Kelly was no flop at the Bills can you really believe the Jets (Ken O'Brien), Patriots (Tony Eason) and Chiefs (Todd Blackledge) left Marino alone when they were choosing a new QB!!????:confused::confused:

I had the pleasure of watching Marino in action in Miami in the mid 90s, he was sensational. The respect he commanded from everyone around him was unbelievable. Some of the passes he pulled off under pressure were sublime.

Despite the fact the Dolphins have been absolutely murder for about 10 years now(bar a couple of years at the turn of the decade) i am still a huge fan purely based on what i saw Marino do that day.

Ell_Chrisso
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM

Well why cant you mention Peyton then? :confused:

You just said a host of legendary QB's, most with superbowl wins, and claimed Peyton doesn't mix with them, RUBBISH!

1 Ring, and soon possibly to have another? He may also own a hell of alot of records when he finally decides to call it a day. And its not as if he has always been blessed with the highly paid WR'S of the league.

Manning, regardless of what happens tomorrow, or even for the rest of his career, will definatly go down as one of, if not THEE best of all time. He is just about to be paid the most money a QB has been paid in the league, becuase the guy is not only a player, he is a coach the whole time he is on the field.

Sylar
06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Well why cant you mention Peyton then? :confused:

You just said a host of legendary QB's, most with superbowl wins, and claimed Peyton doesn't mix with them, RUBBISH!

1 Ring, and soon possibly to have another? He may also own a hell of alot of records when he finally decides to call it a day. And its not as if he has always been blessed with the highly paid WR'S of the league.

Manning, regardless of what happens tomorrow, or even for the rest of his career, will definatly go down as one of, if not THEE best of all time. He is just about to be paid the most money a QB has been paid in the league, becuase the guy is not only a player, he is a coach the whole time he is on the field.

I did mention him! Just not as THE BEST EVER. See post #177 for goodness sake!

Did you read that post? Serious question, because it doesn't appear as such.

I agree Peyton is ONE OF the better QB's in NFL history - it's undoubted, and come Sunday, I suspect he may well have his second ring. He also will break numerous other records along his way to the Hall of Fame.

My issue is with your suggestion that he is "THEE Best QB ever", which is utter claptrap. He's been surrounded by much better players than the likes of Unitas, Montana and Elway had at their disposal.

I wonder how impartial you're being with your suggestion that he's the best of all time, as a Colts fan. Brady is a much better QB than Manning (both IMO and supported by the stats of both players), but I wouldn't dare have the audacity to suggest Brady is "the best of all time", despite having 3 rings already and having been to the Big Game additionally without winning.

I dare say that Manning, one day, will be mentioned in the same breath as some of the superstars of yesteryear, but as the ultimate QB? Nah - how much money he ends up getting paid on his contract option doesn't determine his quality, nor does his on and off-field coaching as there's not a self-respecting QB out there who DOESN'T coach throughout the game.

NOLA
07-02-2010, 01:45 PM
SuperBowl Day has arrived:party: really looking forward to tonight, the beers are chilling nicely, the cheesy nachos are calling me already:drool: all i need now is for the 'WHO DAT' SAINTS to do the damage:thumbsup: my heart says the SAINTS! but my head says the Colts to win by 10:boo hoo: anyway hoping for a great SB44.

NOLA
07-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Just got off Skype to my relatives in the states, Lived in New Orleans until Katrina wiped their home and belongings away, now my aunt + uncle reside in a caravan park in Biloxi Miss., my cousins were away at college when it happened so they are still in Portland, Boston and St louis, to say my aunts caravan resembles anything youve seen think again, it's a two tier monster! (only in america) bedrooms upstairs, living quarters down, anyway they are all hyped and stoked and can't wait till kick-off:thumbsup:
if you want to buy my aunts paintings (shameless plug) just google artworks by Mary-Pat Forrest, Thank you and hopefully good night:greengrin

robinp
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM
TD Colts. :greengrin

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Just got off Skype to my relatives in the states, Lived in New Orleans until Katrina wiped their home and belongings away, now my aunt + uncle reside in a caravan park in Biloxi Miss., my cousins were away at college when it happened so they are still in Portland, Boston and St louis, to say my aunts caravan resembles anything youve seen think again, it's a two tier monster! (only in america) bedrooms upstairs, living quarters down, anyway they are all hyped and stoked and can't wait till kick-off:thumbsup:
if you want to buy my aunts paintings (shameless plug) just google artworks by Mary-Pat Forrest, Thank you and hopefully good night:greengrin

She's good. :agree:

NOLA
08-02-2010, 01:30 AM
TRACY PORTER:thumbsup: I LOVE YOU!

NOLA
08-02-2010, 01:59 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!!!! SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!! I,M so Happy for my Family:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thu mbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thu mbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NOLA
08-02-2010, 02:13 AM
DREW BREES MVP:thumbsup: Thank **** i'm off till wednesday:thumbsup:

Haymaker
08-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Probably the quickest superbowl I have ever watched! Well done the Saints, what a game!

There was ONE Colts fan with us tonight who happened to moan on and on and on about how Manning "is the greatest ever" and the Colts were "the greatest ever" and how it was "in the bag" and how much he loved watching the Pats go down against the Giants from 9pm. :brickwall

I just gotta say... I loved watching him cry. :devil::faf:

hibsbollah
08-02-2010, 07:30 AM
They deserved it for trying (and recovering) an onside kick at the start of the second half. Never seen that before when a team hasnt been trailing heavily. Kudos.:top marks

Sylar
08-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Game. Statement (as the ol' saying goes).

Brees was brilliant and some of the passes he found were pretty awesome. TD just after the interval to put the Saints on top was a brilliant run.

I must admit, I had a little chuckle at Manning throwing the interception for the sealing TD score. The claims of him being the "best ever" exist now only in the most tinted of blue and white glasses - he was poor last night, trying so often to do the impossible, instead of stick to his routine which had served him so well up until last night.

Well done to the Colts for having a good season and actually getting to the Superbowl - they were certainly the best out of a fairly mediocre conference this year.

The Saints were truly deserving after a solid performance though.

Ell_Chrisso
08-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Just want to say congratulations to the New Orleans Saints for winning there first superbowl.

You played a great game, whilst the Colts only really showed up for the 1st Quarter.

Man that drop by Garcon is really killing me! 17-0 was sure if he caught that ball.

Gutsy call on the onside kick! i guess luck favours the brave.

Ell_Chrisso
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
How can you honestly say that Manning had a bad game? :confused:

Every single analyst on Sky Sports last night credited both QB's to a fantastic game. He made a mistake on one throw, when he HAD to force something. Hardly a bad game is it?

Beside's it was Wayne's very poor route that caused the turnover. Not to mention Wayne also sh*ttin himself on the 4th and goal, when it was easier to catch and fall backwards.

Garcon had 2 BIG drops, and Collie made a disaster of a screen.

Peyton didn't play up to his full potential, but he certainly done more than enough.

J-C
08-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Came in from work last night and watched the 2nd quarter, half time Colts leading and looking to carry on to another win.

Watched the half time show with the Who, jesus they were awful, like some auld guys signing in a pub, wish these old rockers would retire and let us keep our memories.:confused:

I started to get sleepy and as I thought the Colts looked like winning I went to bed, wish I'd stayed up now and watched the 2nd half.

Well done the Saints, first time into the big one and first win, the people of New Orleans will be proud of you.

Haymaker
08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
They deserved it for trying (and recovering) an onside kick at the start of the second half. Never seen that before when a team hasnt been trailing heavily. Kudos.:top marks

HUGE call. HUGE.

--------
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
First time ever I watched the whole game.

Apart from the rather embarrassing half-time entertainment I was impressed by the professionalism of the presentation and the way the comentators and summarisers were able to explain what was going on to me, someone who has no more than the most rudimentary knowledge of American Football.

I don't pretend to have taken in all of the finer points of the game, but the presentation meant I could follow the action and appreciate a lot of what was going on.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to me that they commentated accurately and fairly on what was going on on the field of play, they could explain what was going on to a rookie spectator like myself, and they understood the Laws of the game and could explain THEM in a way that a layman could understand.

Of course, we had the advantage of missing out on all the adverts, but it says it all that I was still awake and taking an interest at 3.00am....

Compared to the 'open-microphone' Kackophony of Kack that BBC Scotland served up on Saturday afternoon as their coverage of the Scottish Cup....

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2010, 11:12 PM
good game :agree: as for 'the who' deary me :jamboak:

Haymaker
27-02-2010, 01:57 AM
San Diego cut LT... End of an era...