PDA

View Full Version : England getting pumped by the Germans

EasterRoad4Ever
10-09-2009, 05:36 PM
As English press start the inevitable talking up their World Cup chances, another England side is getting hammered by the Germans in a final 6-2 and counting :thumbsup:

Storar
10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
As English press start the inevitable talking up their World Cup chances, another England side is getting hammered by the Germans in a final 6-2 and counting :thumbsup:

Womens Football gives me the boke:sick:

iwasthere1972
10-09-2009, 11:35 PM

Watched the last 25 minutes or so when it was 4-2 to Germany. For some reason I wanted the Germans to get 7.

Womans football doesn't do it for me.

What happened to the sportswomanship. No swapping shirts at full-time. :grr:

magpie1892
10-09-2009, 11:56 PM

Do let me know how Scotland get on in 2010. :wink:

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Do let me know how Scotland get on in 2010. :wink:

:top marks and the Germans go through on penalties.

Germany 10 England 9 :agree:

poolman
11-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Womens Football gives me the boke:sick:

Me tae, loady mince :bitchy:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Me tae, loady mince :bitchy:

It's fair to say that women's football has its' fair share of knockers.

Gus
11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Aye Scotland women done so well........:confused:

Sadly though, England Under 21 looked impressive at the Euro's....until the final:boo hoo:

& now the women......I hope this doesn't come in 3's

GlesgaeHibby
11-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Aye Scotland women done so well........:confused:

Sadly though, England Under 21 looked impressive at the Euro's....until the final:boo hoo:

& now the women......I hope this doesn't come in 3's

I'm a tad worried about next summer. They have a good team and a **** hot manager.

I do not want to be on the planet if they win the world cup again. 1966 is bad enough and that was 43 years ago.

Hope the media overhype them, again, and then more quarter final misery against Germany in a penalty shoot out!

Gus
11-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm a tad worried about next summer. They have a good team and a **** hot manager.

I do not want to be on the planet if they win the world cup again. 1966 is bad enough and that was 43 years ago.

Hope the media overhype them, again, and then more quarter final misery against Germany in a penalty shoot out!

you weren't even born :confused:, ha ha get you though mate. I never noticed it until i moved up to Scotland & i must admit that the MEDIA are cringeworthy, but if it was Scotland that had won it then would the scottish media be any different?? I don't think so.

Tbh i think this will certainly be our best chance, especially if Argentina,Portugal,Sweden,France & the Czech Rep don't qualify:pray:

GlesgaeHibby
11-09-2009, 08:30 AM
you weren't even born :confused:, ha ha get you though mate. I never noticed it until i moved up to Scotland & i must admit that the MEDIA are cringeworthy, but if it was Scotland that had won it then would the scottish media be any different?? I don't think so.

Tbh i think this will certainly be our best chance, especially if Argentina,Portugal,Sweden,France & the Czech Rep don't qualify:pray:

Exactly, and it's bad enough for me! I can't even begin to imagine what it has been like for those that actually had to witness it.

Gus
11-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Exactly, and it's bad enough for me! I can't even begin to imagine what it has been like for those that actually had to witness it.

I'll send you a copy if you want...:wink:

davemcbain
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
.... but if it was Scotland that had won it then would the scottish media be any different?? I don't think so.
:

If Scotland had won it, then it would be a fine achievement by the British side.

Bizarrely it was moving to England that made the above all the more noticable (Scottish hooligans vs British hooligans, Tim Henman - englands great hope vs Andy Murray - Britains great hope etc). For what it's worth I hope England do well, but I'd hate to see them win it.

sambajustice
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
That English Keeper was utterly crap!!!!!!!!

Why is a midget playing in goals???

I reckon a taller keeper would have stopped at least 4 of those goals!!

Gregor
11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Tim Henman - englands great hope vs Andy Murray - Britains great hope etc). For what it's worth I hope England do well, but I'd hate to see them win it.

That's hardly fair Dave. He was Scotland's Andy Murray on Tuesday night. :devil:

Personally, I've nothing against England and it would be good to see them win the WC - they're a bloody good fitba team. It's the tub-thumping from the meedja that gives me the boak. The punters ; they'll just lap it up. Fair play to them too. The Scots would be doing that if we had anything that resembled a decent football. That said, they'll reach the final, get pumped and then the entire nation will be on their backs because they are unable to put the achievement into perspective due the incredible amount of coverage ; much in the same way Andy Murray has been tossed into the reject bin.

One meedia c***socket wrote on the night Andy flumped out the US Open that he couldn't ever see him win a Major now.

Of course, when Andy does win one, he can write "Oh how pleasantly surprised I am" but for now, you can be sure that he'll keep spinning that line, like the randic, sceptic scrote that he is.

So -c'mon England, c'mon Murray and c'mon Scotland. And a collective jobby in a jiffy bag to all those overexcitable journos out there.

Posh Swanny
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
If Scotland had won it, then it would be a fine achievement by the British side.

Bizarrely it was moving to England that made the above all the more noticable (Scottish hooligans vs British hooligans, Tim Henman - englands great hope vs Andy Murray - Britains great hope etc). For what it's worth I hope England do well, but I'd hate to see them win it.

That kind of thing gets mentioned alot on here but I have never really noticed the "British when he wins, Scottish when he loses" thing - certainly not on any great scale. Maybe I'll have to listen more. As for Henman, I honestly cannot recall him being referred to as "the English Number 1"!

jacomo
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
That kind of thing gets mentioned alot on here but I have never really noticed the "British when he wins, Scottish when he loses" thing - certainly not on any great scale. Maybe I'll have to listen more. As for Henman, I honestly cannot recall him being referred to as "the English Number 1"!

No, he was the British No 1 (just to confirm his superiority over the provinces as well) but England's hero.

I live in England, I love it, but it's people like John Inverdale and their naked bias that gets me!

Back to topic - the England keeper's attempt to save the 40 yard shot from Germany was one of the lamest efforts I have ever seen. Her feet barely left the floor!