PDA

View Full Version : under 19s on saturday

oconnors_strip
10-09-2009, 05:27 PM
hibs under 19s take on celtic this saturday at east mains, kick off 12noon.

since the 1st team arent playing that day then try and get along to watch the latest youngsters play. 2 wins out of 2 so far, with fergus bell having 5 goals already:thumbsup:

Mr T
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Can imagine a few folk thinking the same as you mate. I'll be heading down to watch them too, never get tired of watching celtic getting beat :greengrin

Mr T

DC_Hibs
11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Just watched an excellent interview with Fergus Bell on Hibernian TV.
He sums up nicely the quality of the Hibs youth system and the reputation it has down south. There seems to be plenty more gems among this years team and the Under 17's.

Should be a good game tomorrow as Celtic have spent big it seems!

Badge
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
He sums up nicely the quality of the Hibs youth system and the reputation it has down south. There seems to be plenty more gems among this years team and the Under 17's.

Just watched it as well. Came over very well. Seems like there are quite a few coming through. Good luck to them all.

maturehibby
11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Would have been good if they had transferred the 19 s game to ER so as there could have been a big support to cheer the lads on as it is a football free saturday in the city:wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Seems a very well grounded laddie :agree:

Wee Ian
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
hibs under 19s take on celtic this saturday at east mains, kick off 12noon.

since the 1st team arent playing that day then try and get along to watch the latest youngsters play. 2 wins out of 2 so far, with fergus bell having 5 goals already:thumbsup:

Presume nae probs in parking at East Mains? Might nip up as I'm not far away.

oconnors_strip
11-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Presume nae probs in parking at East Mains? Might nip up as I'm not far away.

there is plenty parking for fans. also toilets and refreshments available.

dalkeith stu
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Is that ginger erse Stevie Fail still the Celtic U19's coach?

oconnors_strip
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Is that ginger erse Stevie Fail still the Celtic U19's coach?

aye. wind up time again:greengrin

Lmc2105
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
is there any buses that go past east mains?

i can't drive :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
12-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Not 100% sure but sneeky feeling you may have to get a bus to Tranent (Lothian 26) and walk up a hill for about a mile.

I'm only guessing.

Brooster
12-09-2009, 06:44 AM

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/sescot/timetables/timetable.php?day=2&source_id=2&service=44/44A/44B/44C&routeid=497671&operator=25&source=sp

Check out the 44b on this link, 35 mins from York Place for example, ask the driver to let you off at East mains if you dont know where to get off - its a mile outside Tranent, he will drop you at the entrance.

Hibby D
12-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Gutted I can't go to this today (having lunch with a Jambo :grr::greengrin) but good luck to the lads :thumbsup:

matty_f
12-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Gutted I can't go to this today (having lunch with a Jambo :grr::greengrin) but good luck to the lads :thumbsup:

Worst excuse EVER!! :faf:

Enjoy your lunch.:greengrin

I dare say that no matter where you're meeting, it will be infinitely less windy than at the training centre!

Brooster
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Worst excuse EVER!! :faf:

Enjoy your lunch.:greengrin

I dare say that no matter where you're meeting, it will be infinitely less windy than at the training centre!

Its a scorcher in Tranent this morning with not as much as a flicker of wind which means it surely cannot be any colder than zero degrees up at East Mains.

matty_f
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Its a scorcher in Tranent this morning with not as much as a flicker of wind which means it surely cannot be any colder than zero degrees up at East Mains.

Get in!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibby D
12-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Since my Jambo friend is a "Belter" :wink: I wonder if she'd fancy a snak shak bacon roll and takeaway coffee in the fresh air :greengrin

Brooster
12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Since my Jambo friend is a "Belter" :wink: I wonder if she'd fancy a snak shak bacon roll and takeaway coffee in the fresh air :greengrin

I'm sure she would, show her how a big club is run.

copycat
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
aye. wind up time again:greengrin

is tommy mcintyre not involved too!!!

oconnors_strip
12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
is tommy mcintyre not involved too!!!

yeah he is, went to the darkside even though he had a good job with the sfa. think he is planning to poach players since celtic were poor last season:greengrin

Ringothedog
12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
any updates ?

Billy
12-09-2009, 12:02 PM
0-0.

Hibs better team 1st half. 2nd just getting underway

Ringothedog
12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Cheers

Billy
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Still 0-0 with around 5 mins to go.

Billy
12-09-2009, 12:53 PM
0-0 Full time.

maturehibby
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
no wind to help us today still unbeaten though

sunshine1875
12-09-2009, 04:46 PM
0-0.

Hibs better team 1st half. 2nd just getting underway

Agree better team first half, but fell away for the early part of the second half as Celtic had a lot of possession, but did SFA with it.

Hibs had a number of chances in the last 20 minutes and one of these hit the crossbar then bounced on/over the line. Difficult to say from where I was.

Not sure of the players names but the stand-out players for me were the centre backs (Chalmers and Smith), the number 4 (not sure his name) and Bell. Also, the wee sub (Dean Horribine) looked lively. Full-backs looked solid and happy to get forward. Also, a special mention for the goalie (Lewis Graham) - he did everything asked of him and was great at shouting encouragement to his teammates.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hibernian-u19-0-celtic-u19-0-20090912_2262950_1795142

crash
12-09-2009, 07:57 PM
The scoreline is an accurate reflection of the game unfortunately. On a day when conditions were perfect for a good football match I was somewhat disappointed with Hibs approach to the game. No passing in evidence, instead a long ball game, consequently no worthwhile possession. Some players headered the ball more than they kicked it. Would like to see the team playing football at this level as its all about development.

sunshine1875
13-09-2009, 06:51 AM
The scoreline is an accurate reflection of the game unfortunately. On a day when conditions were perfect for a good football match I was somewhat disappointed with Hibs approach to the game. No passing in evidence, instead a long ball game, consequently no worthwhile possession. Some players headered the ball more than they kicked it. Would like to see the team playing football at this level as its all about development.

Would agree that 0-0 was probably a fair result, but not your comment that Hibs played a long ball game. I must have been at a different game!

I thought that in the first half we tried to get the ball down and pass it, with the fullbacks and midfield linking well. The problem was that there was that there was no 'killer' pass that would create a goalscoring opportunity. Yes - our centrebacks did have a lot of headed clearances and a few long-ball passes that would have been good if executed properly, but at no time would I say that Hibs approach was the long-ball game.

That said, in the first half of the second half we did lose control of the game and resorted to aimless punts up the field. I would say that was the result of Celtic coming much more into the game rather than a change in Hibs approach. However, for the last twenty minutes we seemed to regain control and got the passing going again - as evident by one move that started with pressure on our leftback at our corner flag from which there was a number of crisp pass and go movements down the left before Bell got to the goaline and crossed slightly too heavy for our forwards.

Consequently, I do not agree with your comment "No passing in evidence, instead a long ball game, consequently no worthwhile possession". Would be interesting what others at the game thought?

matty_f
13-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Would agree that 0-0 was probably a fair result, but not your comment that Hibs played a long ball game. I must have been at a different game!

I thought that in the first half we tried to get the ball down and pass it, with the fullbacks and midfield linking well. The problem was that there was that there was no 'killer' pass that would create a goalscoring opportunity. Yes - our centrebacks did have a lot of headed clearances and a few long-ball passes that would have been good if executed properly, but at no time would I say that Hibs approach was the long-ball game.

That said, in the first half of the second half we did lose control of the game and resorted to aimless punts up the field. I would say that was the result of Celtic coming much more into the game rather than a change in Hibs approach. However, for the last twenty minutes we seemed to regain control and got the passing going again - as evident by one move that started with pressure on our leftback at our corner flag from which there was a number of crisp pass and go movements down the left before Bell got to the goaline and crossed slightly too heavy for our forwards.

Consequently, I do not agree with your comment "No passing in evidence, instead a long ball game, consequently no worthwhile possession". Would be interesting what others at the game thought?

:agree: That's how I saw it too. I thought we gave a good performance. Celtc got more into it in the second half when they pressed us a bit more and put an extra man in the midfield, which meant there wasn't much space there.

As you say, we started to take control again from about half way through the second half.

frazeHFC
13-09-2009, 08:01 AM
In the second half we clearly scored, i had a great view, it was definately over the line :grr:

matty_f
13-09-2009, 08:03 AM
In the second half we clearly scored, i had a great view, it was definately over the line :grr:

I was just over halfway at the other end, and I could see it had gone in. :agree: