PDA

View Full Version : Only team in britain to field a starting 11 of internationals.

pritchie
10-09-2009, 08:38 AM
I was in the bookies yesterday when an older guy noticed my hibs top.
He came up to me and said that hibs were the only team in britain to field a starting 11 of internationals.
Anyone no if this is true??? Surely one of the big 4 in england have done this.

Andy74
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM
He came up to me and said that hibs were the only team in britain to field a starting 11 of internationals.

I'd imagine several teams have done this every week for years.

Take Man U for example,

Van der Sar
Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Park
Valencia
Rooney
Berbatov

All their possible subs are internationals too in the main!

Kaff
10-09-2009, 09:00 AM

Don't know the answer but do you think he meant Scottish Internationals?

Exiled Hibby
10-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Not sure if thats true - didnt Queens Park provide the whole Scotland team for the first, or one of the first, ever internationals played? - cant swear to it as I wasnt there!!

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Not sure if thats true - didnt Queens Park provide the whole Scotland team for the first, or one of the first, ever internationals played? - cant swear to it as I wasnt there!!

Johhnyboy was, he will be able to answer that one.:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
10-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Correct, "Scotland" was basically Queen's Park for the first few games against Englandshire.

sadtom
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM

Ah the eternal wisdom of old men in bookies.:bitchy: A level of peesh slavering only surpassed by old men in boozers.

He didn't give you any dead certs did he?

hibsdaft
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
eleven different nationalities maybe :dunno:

surreyhibbie
10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Fulham did it a few years ago, 11 Internationals, 11 different countries. Bit of a cheat because Steve Finnan was only an uder-21.. ( I think).

Jonnyboy
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Johhnyboy was, he will be able to answer that one.:wink:

:grr: :greengrin

I'll try and check it out but I reckon he meant Scottish internationals and as QP did that first he's probably wrong :greengrin