PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller - 2 Year Deal Officially Confirmed (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2

dirtydirk
10-09-2009, 06:38 AM
In talks with according to the sun. Would be a great signing if true and if yogi could get his career back on track

J-C
10-09-2009, 06:42 AM
certainly ticks a lot of the right boxes, his career has nose dived recently but is certainly SPL class.

Leitherhibs
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
An excellent signing if true, remember his performance against lyon in the champs league for smeltic, he was the outstanding player on the night.

bighairyfaeleith
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
what age is he now?

Leitherhibs
10-09-2009, 07:01 AM

hibsbollah
10-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I've been saying this would be a good signing for a while. I saw him play for Sunderland last jan and he still looked pretty decent, even at EPl level.

Leitherhibs
10-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Think if he did join it would be short term and as soon as a bigger club realises he can still play they'll snap him up on the cheap.

Leitherhibs
10-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Manager Roy Keane placed him on the transfer list on 27 February 2008 due to a 'lack of discipline' and 'poor timekeeping', evidenced by his frequent lateness arriving to training sessions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Miller
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Miller#cite_note-26)

Ritchie
10-09-2009, 07:14 AM
certainly the type of player we should be looking at.

i'd be delighted if we managed to sign miller & volz.

futures bright (if rumours are true) :agree:

Scooter
10-09-2009, 07:18 AM
I thought he signed for cork??

magnificent_seven
10-09-2009, 07:26 AM
IF we get Liam Miller. Along with Paddy Cregg,Graham Stack, Kurtis Byrne and Anthony Stokes we are pretty much an Ireland B side.

Does that mean it's no longer inappropriate to bring a tri-colour to Easter Road?! :devil: :duck:

magnificent_seven
10-09-2009, 07:26 AM
On another note, I think he would be a great signing for Hibs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-09-2009, 07:32 AM
In terms of salary we can't even come close to what he is used to but as pointed out in other posts, it will be more than he is currently earning from football. A short term deal would be great if it suits both parties, and TBH like Voltz, if we are realistic enough to know that players like this are beyond us for a long term deal, then we won't get too het up when they move on.

Sylar
10-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Would be a great acquisition to be honest - Yogi won't tolerate indiscipline, and he was a fantastic talent at Celtic/Man Utd (when he played). Still looked a player for Sunderland too.

As a side issue, where are these rumours of Moritz Volz stemming from? A quick search shows that there's no talk of him moving up this way, other than results from here, hibsmad or the bounce.

Someone spraffed a big one which has spread?

CRAZYHIBBY
source?

Sylar
source?

Read the OP again.

Danderhall Hibs
source?

See post 1 on this thread mate.

MSK
10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
The Sun ...:rolleyes: there would be more chance of me believing the Fishmonger or the wee burd in Greggs than believing anything that rag prints ..

Hope its true though ..

Keith_M
10-09-2009, 08:06 AM
IF we get Liam Miller. Along with Paddy Cregg,Graham Stack, Kurtis Byrne and Anthony Stokes we are pretty much an Ireland B side.

Does that mean it's no longer inappropriate to bring a tri-colour to Easter Road?! :devil: :duck:

Even more so with Sol Bamba in the side :wink:

hibsbollah
10-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Even more so with Sol Bamba in the side :wink:

Mali has a tricolour flag as well:agree: Bring back Amadou:flag:

monktonharp
10-09-2009, 08:24 AM

Does that mean it's no longer inappropriate to bring a tri-colour to Easter Road?! :devil: :duck: nah,just a testing ground for the Republic, evidence...........Mailer,DVZ,AOB, all waived goodbye:wink:

jdships
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Think if he did join it would be short term and as soon as a bigger club realises he can still play they'll snap him up on the cheap.

:top marks
How many senior players , both in England & Scotland, are "out of work" at this moment ?
According to one source around 200/250 in Scotland alone.
I know of one 24 year old who has played for four years for a Premiership club and was "freed" in the summer.
He has signed a one year deal ( second year if wished) with a Div 1 club in England for half his previous wage . The contract contains a clause that should a Premier/Championship club "come after him" he would be allowed to negotiate/leave in the January window .

I think this type of contract will be getting signed all over the country .

H18sry
10-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Just what is needed another midfielder :duck:

Andy74
10-09-2009, 08:47 AM

We should always be looking at players who will improve the team. If you are telling me we will achieve everything we want to achieve with the likes of Rankin and Stevenson I'd have to disagree.

In any case we are short of any sort of quality and experienced cover for the first team players, who happen to be fit and in some sort of form at the moment but for how long?

MacBean
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM
i dont have a hard copy of the sun by me, but i checked online and i cant seem to find this piece of news?!

Steve20
10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
i dont have a hard copy of the sun by me, but i checked online and i cant seem to find this piece of news?!

I have a copy of the Sun and it is defo in it.

Having said that, the Sun is not great at getting these things right.

In_terms_of
In terms of salary we can't even come close to what he is used to but as pointed out in other posts, it will be more than he is currently earning from football. A short term deal would be great if it suits both parties, and TBH like Voltz, if we are realistic enough to know that players like this are beyond us for a long term deal, then we won't get too het up when they move on.

:boo hoo:

Exiled Hibby
A good signing if it happens IMO. Think he would be a bit more direct than the majority of our other midfielders.

McHibby
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM

It's also quoted on the BBC sports gossip page

dirtydirk
10-09-2009, 09:27 AM

A midfielder who only a few years back was on Man utd books earning a reported £50k a week and playing regularly for the ROI. Obviously his career has went a bit wayward - with him not turning up for training at Sunderland etc.
It sounds like another case of a footballer getting paid mega bucks at a young age and it all going to his head.
Anyway, the guy obviously has a point to prove and he will still have plenty of ability. I think he would be a massive signing if we got him for a couple of years.

MacBean
10-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I have a copy of the Sun and it is defo in it.

Having said that, the Sun is not great at getting these things right.

Could you be a saint :angelic:and type up a wee part of the column just to get those of us doubters wetting thier appetites??:drool::drool: (i dont doubt you but there will be people on here)

hibbiedon
10-09-2009, 09:31 AM

has it ever been ? Edinburgh / Scotland

Big Frank
10-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Roumers surrounding Liam don't seem to go away. Months ago, a colleague of mine stated that Liam was seen chatting to Hibernian officials in a hotel in newington (if I remember right).

The sauce came from a good contact (established member of the backroom staff) at ER.

As I said, that was months ago, and I was quite surprised at the time that nothing came of it, as the sauce is normally spot on :agree:

He would be a very good signing IMO, and if Yogi could get the lad interested again, we could have some ball player :agree: (though at the moment, he was clash with Zemmama, playing style ).

Sylar
Could you be a saint :angelic:and type up a wee part of the column just to get those of us doubters wetting thier appetites??:drool::drool: (i dont doubt you but there will be people on here)

From the BBC Gossip Column:

Former Celtic and Manchester United midfielder Liam Miller is set to join Hibernian as a free agent this week. (Scottish Sun)

Steve20

LIAM MILLER is set to return to Scotland by joining Hibs on a free transfer this week.

The 28 year-old is in talks with the Easter Road men after leaving Queens Park Rangers last May.

That's the first part of the article. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
10-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Would be a superb signing if true.. :agree:

Any of the ITK posters heard anything about this one :dunno:

Sylar
10-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd be just as happy with Miller as I would have been with Arfield, truth be told. Both are liable to make us a good wee bit of money when they move on, but Arfield is still relatively unproven.

If we land Miller, followed by Barr in January, and possibly Volz, we're going to have some force of a team!

-------------Stack/Maka-----------

Barr----Bamba-------Volz-----Murray

Zemmama---Cregg---McBride---Miller

-------Stokes--------Riordan-------

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Maybe. :cool2: Hopefully Bawheid will be along soon to confirm. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Not convinced tbh. Miller is a serial underachiever who seems to have an attitude issue. He has ability but at 28 seems destined to be a nearly man. BUT in Yogi I trust, and if he can do something with him...

Hibee87
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd be just as happy with Miller as I would have been with Arfield, truth be told. Both are liable to make us a good wee bit of money when they move on, but Arfield is still relatively unproven.

If we land Miller, followed by Barr in January, and possibly Volz, we're going to have some force of a team!

Volz is a right back im sure so i dout he would play left centre with bamba. :duck:

sadtom
10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Cant say i've ever been a fan. Never really impressed me.

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I saw him a few times on the telly, and once live last season, and imho he would improve us. He's a player who plays with his head up. He looks to pass the ball, and support the front players. I think he would be a good signing should he come to us.

Onceinawhile
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Are we turning into Sunderland Rejects FC?

On a brighter note, I don't think you can knock someone with a wealth of premiership and champions league experience.

RIP
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
mmm

Tricky winger, plays with heads up, previously on the books of a premiership club, reputation as a trouble maker

Hope it's Filipe Morais - I've heard he's a real talent

Bring on the bams and the neds? :greengrin

bawheid
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Maybe. :cool2: Hopefully Bawheid will be along soon to confirm. :wink:

I'll only say this much...it'll either happen, or it won't...:cool2:

:wink:

Edit: You have a PM re that other potential signing we spoke about... :wink:

Edinburgh Green
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM

Until TQM gives us a :wink::cool2: i'll take it with a pinch of salt :duck:

Hibs7
10-09-2009, 10:45 AM
in the Scotsman as well....

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-eyes-exManchester-United.5635467.jp

Hibee87
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Hibs boss eyes ex-Manchester United star Miller

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(0);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(1);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(2);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(3);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(4);)

« Previous (javascript: PreviousBlock();)
« Previous

Next » (javascript: NextBlock();)
Next »

View Gallery (javascript: ViewGallery();)

Published Date: 10 September 2009
By DAVID HARDIE

HIBS boss John Hughes today admitted to "an interest" in former Celtic and Manchester United star Liam Miller but insisted: "He's only one of four or five on our list."

Although the transfer window shut at the beginning of this month, Hughes has been scouring the ranks of players who have failed to find a club and, as free agents, can still sign on as he seeks to further strengthen his squad.

Miller is seeking to ADVERTISEMENT
http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/ad/edinburghnews.scotsman.jp/hibernianfc;channel=editorial;pos=mpu;sectionid=72 84;sz=300x250;mtfIFPath=/template/expandables/;ord=123456789? (http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/jump/edinburghnews.scotsman.jp/hibernianfc;channel=editorial;pos=mpu;sectionid=72 84;sz=300x250;mtfIFPath=/template/expandables/;ord=123456789?)

kick-start his career having been without a club since leaving Queens Park Rangers in May but, while insisting his priorities lie elsewhere, Hughes believes the midfielder could still have a lot to offer.

He said: "If we can keep everyone healthy then I think we have enough to see us through to the next transfer window

"But I still feel we need to strengthen one or two positions and that we are a bit short at the back."

While midfield would appear to be one area in which Hughes has plenty of cover with Kevin McBride, Patrick Cregg, John Rankin, David Wotherspoon, Merouane Zemmama, Lewis Stevenson and Danny Galbraith all competing for a place, he admitted he wouldn't shy away from adding to that number if the right player was available.

Cork-born Miller would appear to fit Hughes' criteria, the Hibs manager determined to sign young players of potential or those slightly older who he feels should be hitting the peak years of their careers.

He said: "We have a lot of irons in the fire and he's only one of four or five on our list. When there are good players going about you feel can enrich your squad then you have to think about them.

"Miller is of a good age, a good football player who has maybe lost his way a wee bit but who still has his best years in front of him.

"But we are nowhere near to concluding any business, we haven't even spoken to him."

Miller made his debut for Celtic six years ago before moving to Old Trafford where he made only nine appearances for United. He joined Leeds United on loan and made the switch to Sunderland under Roy Keane in 2006. He was allowed to leave for QPR on a free transfer following Keane's resignation but had an unhappy time at Loftus Road. Linked with Hearts over the summer, Miller has also been attracting the attention of Hull City, Preston North End and Cardiff City.

Meanwhile, Hughes' prompt action in sending Derek Riordan home after he showed signs of a flu-like bug in training on Tuesday appears to have paid dividends with the striker expected to rejoin his team-mates today.

Moroccan stars Merouane Zemmama and Abdessalam Benjelloun were also expected to return following international duty while Hughes has his fingers crossed Sol Bamba will be fit after being sent for a scan on his troublesome knee.

Hibs7
10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Hibs boss eyes ex-Manchester United star Miller

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(0);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(1);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(2);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(3);)
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/images/1pixel_spacer.gif (javascript: ShowThumb(4);)

« Previous (javascript: PreviousBlock();)
« Previous

Next » (javascript: NextBlock();)
Next »

View Gallery (javascript: ViewGallery();)

Published Date: 10 September 2009
By DAVID HARDIE

HIBS boss John Hughes today admitted to "an interest" in former Celtic and Manchester United star Liam Miller but insisted: "He's only one of four or five on our list."

Although the transfer window shut at the beginning of this month, Hughes has been scouring the ranks of players who have failed to find a club and, as free agents, can still sign on as he seeks to further strengthen his squad.

Miller is seeking to ADVERTISEMENT
http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/ad/edinburghnews.scotsman.jp/hibernianfc;channel=editorial;pos=mpu;sectionid=72 84;sz=300x250;mtfIFPath=/template/expandables/;ord=123456789? (http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/jump/edinburghnews.scotsman.jp/hibernianfc;channel=editorial;pos=mpu;sectionid=72 84;sz=300x250;mtfIFPath=/template/expandables/;ord=123456789?)

kick-start his career having been without a club since leaving Queens Park Rangers in May but, while insisting his priorities lie elsewhere, Hughes believes the midfielder could still have a lot to offer.

He said: "If we can keep everyone healthy then I think we have enough to see us through to the next transfer window

"But I still feel we need to strengthen one or two positions and that we are a bit short at the back."

While midfield would appear to be one area in which Hughes has plenty of cover with Kevin McBride, Patrick Cregg, John Rankin, David Wotherspoon, Merouane Zemmama, Lewis Stevenson and Danny Galbraith all competing for a place, he admitted he wouldn't shy away from adding to that number if the right player was available.

Cork-born Miller would appear to fit Hughes' criteria, the Hibs manager determined to sign young players of potential or those slightly older who he feels should be hitting the peak years of their careers.

He said: "We have a lot of irons in the fire and he's only one of four or five on our list. When there are good players going about you feel can enrich your squad then you have to think about them.

"Miller is of a good age, a good football player who has maybe lost his way a wee bit but who still has his best years in front of him.

"But we are nowhere near to concluding any business, we haven't even spoken to him."

Miller made his debut for Celtic six years ago before moving to Old Trafford where he made only nine appearances for United. He joined Leeds United on loan and made the switch to Sunderland under Roy Keane in 2006. He was allowed to leave for QPR on a free transfer following Keane's resignation but had an unhappy time at Loftus Road. Linked with Hearts over the summer, Miller has also been attracting the attention of Hull City, Preston North End and Cardiff City.

Meanwhile, Hughes' prompt action in sending Derek Riordan home after he showed signs of a flu-like bug in training on Tuesday appears to have paid dividends with the striker expected to rejoin his team-mates today.

Moroccan stars Merouane Zemmama and Abdessalam Benjelloun were also expected to return following international duty while Hughes has his fingers crossed Sol Bamba will be fit after being sent for a scan on his troublesome knee.

God you are slow and you have a stutter :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
While I'm not a fan of Miller and am unconvinced about him as a signing, I have to say that the very fact that we are talking in such terms shows the immense turnaround in ambition levels since Yogi took over. This is all very exciting.

Edinburgh Green
10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
in the Scotsman as well....

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-eyes-exManchester-United.5635467.jp

Suprised that yogi has opened his mouth on this TBH, I would of thought that if he had a chance to sign someone of Millers calibre he'd keep quiet so as not to alert other teams.

JimBHibees
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Suprised that yogi has opened his mouth on this TBH, I would of thought that if he had a chance to sign someone of Millers calibre he'd keep quiet so as not to alert other teams.

Unless it is signed of course.

Edinburgh Green
10-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Unless it is signed of course.

Great if that was case. Would make the article pretty pointless tho.

Hibs7
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM

There aren't many other teams outwith the OF who have Hibs spending power in Scotland :wink::devil:

Edinburgh Green
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
There aren't many other teams outwith the OF who have Hibs spending power in Scotland :wink::devil:

Plenty in England tho. :wink:

JackRegan
10-09-2009, 11:15 AM

Ahem... I think you'll find that Hibs, at present, have a greater spending power than one half of the "Old Firm". :wink::agree:

New Corrie
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Ahem... I think you'll find that Hibs, at present, have a greater spending power than one half of the "Old Firm". :wink::agree:

You're right Jack, and I can't ever remember being able to say that before.

MacBean
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM

just like he has with other signings he promised to make before the window closed...

unless he has been kidding us all along and got a real cracker in the bag, like big fat ronaldo or something ridiculous like that :wink:

shamo9
10-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Not convinced tbh. Miller is a serial underachiever who seems to have an attitude issue. He has ability but at 28 seems destined to be a nearly man. BUT in Yogi I trust, and if he can do something with him...

Which is the type of player we have to bring in. We can't afford geniuses, but flawed geniuses with the potential to get their act together is a worthy risk e.g Derek Riordan from Celtic.

joe breezy
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM

Unfortunately though they got into the Champions League - would have been better if they hadn't really

JackRegan
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately though they got into the Champions League - would have been better if they hadn't really

Rangers have little money and Celtic will not spend fortunes, while Rangers can't.

No bad thing IMO, for the game as a whole, however from a Celtic point of view, it points to some "frustrating" :greengrin nights in Europe.

As for Miller, if Hughes can get him disciplined, then he'd be a great signing. According to COrk based Celtic fans on the forums, being back playing for Cork City was a the wake up call/kick in the backside that he needed and that he knows he's lucky to be getting this chance with Hibs.

One of the pieces of info on here about Miller is misleading - he made his debut in 2000 and I really thought, vene then he looked a player. Going to play for Aarhus in Denmark, really refined him IMO and on his game he's a pretty cultured midfielder.

euro Hibby
10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
possibly a smokescreen.....Miller has done nothing for the last few years....

sambajustice
10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
As for Miller, if Hughes can get him disciplined, then he'd be a great signing. According to COrk based Celtic fans on the forums, being back playing for Cork City was a the wake up call/kick in the backside that he needed and that he knows he's lucky to be getting this chance with Hibs.

Does that mean a deal is imminent then? That makes it sound like he's already been signed up!

SRHibs
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM

That is a team and a half tbh. If we gelled as a team and got a bit of luck I reckon that's a team capable of splitting the OF.:agree:
Maybe I'm being a tad optimistic but tbh the ugly sisters are nothing special at all this year.

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2009, 03:21 PM
That is a team and a half tbh. If we gelled as a team and got a bit of luck I reckon that's a team capable of splitting the OF.:agree:

Big wows. They usually finish on the same amount of points so why not aim to get more points than both of them?

bighairyfaeleith
10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Big wows. They usually finish on the same amount of points so why not aim to get more points than both of them?

I've no said that in a few years :greengrin

Haymaker
10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I feel dizzy with all this optimism and Happy Clapping thats been going on here recently... :dizzy::jamboak:

CapitalHibs
10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Yogi saying Hibs have not even spoken to Miller according to:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/122081-liam-miller-to-return-to-scotland-with-hibs/ :dunno:

Betty Boop
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Maybe I'm being a tad optimistic but tbh the ugly sisters are nothing special at all this year.

Aye, we said that last year. :greengrin

JackRegan
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Does that mean a deal is imminent then? That makes it sound like he's already been signed up!

A boy on the Celticminded website who is a friend of friend of Miller, but verfified as knowing Miller said he has a couple of offers, Hibs being one.

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Just had a text from a Yam saying that he's signed. Strangely, this guy, though a Yam, is not known as a wind-up merchant, though I obviously don't trust it one bit.

frazeHFC
10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Well i signed Cregg on Footie manager for Hibs and we signed him irl, i got Liam Miller for Hibs on Footie manager and it could come true, now the next thing that can come true is on my game, Stokesy scored 25 goals in his first season :greengrin

ancient hibee
10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
While it's dangerous to believe what you read in the papers Hughes quote is"he's one we are aware of"and "we haven't even spoke to him".

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2009, 05:43 PM
While it's dangerous to believe what you read in the papers Hughes quote is"he's one we are aware of"and "we haven't even spoke to him".

Yogi is far too canny an operator to say to any journo that they are in active talks with a player and thus make himself a hostage to fortune.

I think he's constantly in talks with a few of them. I love the way he teases the press (and us) with those little hints "there could be new faces before the next game" etc. He discloses enough to keep us interested, but not the sort of detail that would see any moves undermined.

I'm sure he's keeping Rod Petrie busier than he's ever been.

EasterRoad4Ever
10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
:agree: But the fact we're even thinking about players of this calibre speaks volumes about how well Yogi has settled into the role and the trust the Board already has in his ability.

VegasHibby
10-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm stating the obvious but Miller would be a brilliant signing. All the expereince needed in midfield. With Volz signing also would be a mouthwatering prospect.
Must say even if Miller doesn't sign it still proves how ambitious Yogi is and can't believe the good feel factor coming back to Easter Rd compared to how bad things were when Mixu was in control. What a differnece :thumbsup:

thehibby
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
In talks with according to the sun. Would be a great signing if true and if yogi could get his career back on track

just had a text from some one connected to our new shirts sponsers that he indeed has signed.

Dr What If?
10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have any links for Hibs Volz interest? There is nothing I can find to say we are even thinking of him yet he is mentioned again and again on this site!
PS. Miller :pray: what a signing that would be!!!!:agree:

BroxburnHibee
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
just had a text from some one connected to our new shirts sponsers that he indeed has signed.

14 posts in 6 years...............:hmmm:

Hope your right.

thehibby
10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
14 posts in 6 years...............:hmmm:

Hope your right.

prefer reading not posting but thought i would share it as i think its starting to get extreemly exciting down easter road way.

lapsedhibee
10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
prefer reading not posting but thought i would share it as i think its starting to get extreemly exciting down easter road way.

Right.

Billychaotic182
10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Well i signed Cregg on Footie manager for Hibs and we signed him irl, i got Liam Miller for Hibs on Footie manager and it could come true, now the next thing that can come true is on my game, Stokesy scored 25 goals in his first season :greengrin

If we are going by this then we will Have Barr and Lewandowski in for Jan :thumbsup:

Jim44
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I can't help getting the impression that the talk of signing the likes of Miller and Volz and the actual signing of Stokes has created a buzz and optimism among our supporters, so it's hilarious to compare this with the sour grapes on Brokeback. Apparently the aforementioned players are rich millionaire has-beens who won't kick a ball in earnest for Hibs. One idiot goes as far as to suggest that we are all secretly in a deep depression over the latest signings and rumours.:greengrin One of them suggests that Stewart and Nade are better prospects that Miller and Stokes.

Dr What If?
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
One of them suggests that Stewart and Nade are better prospects that Miller and Stokes.

That has to be one of our own on the wind-up....surely:faf:

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I can't help getting the impression that the talk of signing the likes of Miller and Volz and the actual signing of Stokes has created a buzz and optimism among our supporters, so it's hilarious to compare this with the sour grapes on Brokeback. Apparently the aforementioned players are rich millionaire has-beens who won't kick a ball in earnest for Hibs. One idiot goes as far as to suggest that we are all secretly in a deep depression over the latest signings and rumours.:greengrin One of them suggests that Stewart and Nade are better prospects that Miller and Stokes.

At what though :cool2: answers on a postcard...

aljo7-0
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Musical statues?

Baader
10-09-2009, 07:11 PM
One of them suggests that Stewart and Nade are better prospects that Miller and Stokes.

That's hilarious! Why even come out with rubbish like that when you don't actually believe it yourself?

Stokes scored 5 goals fewer during 16 games at Falkirk than Nade has in his whole 10 year career!

Dibben
10-09-2009, 07:17 PM
One idiot goes as far as to suggest that we are all secretly in a deep depression over the latest signings and rumours.:greengrin One of them suggests that Stewart and Nade are better prospects that Miller and Stokes.

:faf:

Now, Hibs may not sign these guys, but if that isn't a Hibby wind up, how these guys cal call US deluded is beyond me!!!

Still, they'll be OK - they are still due to sign some world cup stars...

BH.

RickyS
10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
:faf:

Now, Hibs may not sign these guys, but if that isn't a Hibby wind up, how these guys cal call US deluded is beyond me!!!

Still, they'll be OK - they are still due to sign some world cup stars...

BH.

and they are due to win the world cup are they not?

dalkeith stu
10-09-2009, 08:02 PM
and they are due to win the world cup are they not?

Dont be silly it's the Champions League!!! :faf:

Baader
10-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Haven't they won it already? They're behind schedule if not... :faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
The free-wheelin' spaz chariot that is JKB rolls into town with another rib-aching bout of jealousy.

Oh ma sides.

First it was Anthony Stokes and now they're turning their venom towards Liam Miller, a player who played in the Champions League for the champions of England and Scotland yet still they sneer.

More fool of us for not picking up a right-winger from Bar Roma and two centre-backs from Dukla Pumpherston....'cos that's how big teams roll, innit?

You'd think they'd be well served to sit tight and keep schtum given the laughable list that is there Players In 2009/10, but no, much like an upturned beetle, they kick and thrash around with pitiful angst and rage.

Talking of restaurants, I'll give you a tip right here - Suso is absolutely beef. Bouzid is a hot-head who couldnae tackle a fish supper (I'm sure Nade could) and that rancid albino up front with the Tintin haircut will be stroking his neon-white pubes in an orgasmic dance if he hits the net more than 5 times this season.

As for the other nomarks that signed for them, I can't even recall them. I'm sure the likes of Anthony Stokes, Moritz Volz and Liam Miller are names that most of Europe would be able to recognise. You'd struggle to pronounce the Hearts recruits never mind reel off their previous clubs (unless of course you are a bona fide Hearts scout in which case you can save on travel expenses and stadium admission by instead setting up a YouTube account and making friends with Wikipedia).

Not content with one point in nine, being once more roundly humped in Europe and, as ever, being at the mercy of a trumpet who's got their club by the balls, they sweep it all under the carpet and have a go at their nearest and dearest for having the balls to sign proven players with real money.

But of course, why on earth would they want to pay attention to their cesspit of a club when they can smother themselves in jealousy and take pot-shots at a properly run football club?

Why on earth would they want to stand up to a man (and his Matalan-sponsored son) who has systematically chewed up and spat out every ounce of integrity, history, pride and passion of a club they could relate to?

Bear in mind they went absolutely tonto when Chris Robinson had the sheer audacity to make a slight tweak to the club badge yet they willingly pass the lube to Vlad the Impaler who has ruthlessly trampled on everything that that badge stood for.

No, no, not at all. After you, Vlad, spank my bottom and call me Nerijus Barasa, we don't mind, we're too busy ho-ho-f***ing-ho-ing at the Hobos for spending their own money on players with a pedigree to notice the ludicrous way our club is managed.

Trumpets, the lot of them.

RickyS
10-09-2009, 08:40 PM

Cant believe the deluded ones are accepting of such a lack of ambition:jamboak:

iwasthere1972
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
The free-wheelin' spaz chariot that is JKB rolls into town with another rib-aching bout of jealousy.

Oh ma sides.

First it was Anthony Stokes and now they're turning their venom towards Liam Miller, a player who played in the Champions League for the champions of England and Scotland yet still they sneer.

More fool of us for not picking up a right-winger from Bar Roma and two centre-backs from Dukla Pumpherston....'cos that's how big teams roll, innit?

You'd think they'd be well served to sit tight and keep schtum given the laughable list that is there Players In 2009/10, but no, much like an upturned beetle, they kick and thrash around with pitiful angst and rage.

Talking of restaurants, I'll give you a tip right here - Suso is absolutely beef. Bouzid is a hot-head who couldnae tackle a fish supper (I'm sure Nade could) and that rancid albino up front with the Tintin haircut will be stroking his neon-white pubes in an orgasmic dance if he hits the net more than 5 times this season.

As for the other nomarks that signed for them, I can't even recall them. I'm sure the likes of Anthony Stokes, Moritz Volz and Liam Miller are names that most of Europe would be able to recognise. You'd struggle to pronounce the Hearts recruits never mind reel off their previous clubs (unless of course you are a bona fide Hearts scout in which case you can save on travel expenses and stadium admission by instead setting up a YouTube account and making friends with Wikipedia).

Not content with one point in nine, being once more roundly humped in Europe and, as ever, being at the mercy of a trumpet who's got their club by the balls, they sweep it all under the carpet and have a go at their nearest and dearest for having the balls to sign proven players with real money.

But of course, why on earth would they want to pay attention to their cesspit of a club when they can smother themselves in jealousy and take pot-shots at a properly run football club?

Why on earth would they want to stand up to a man (and his Matalan-sponsored son) who has systematically chewed up and spat out every ounce of integrity, history, pride and passion of a club they could relate to?

Bear in mind they went absolutely tonto when Chris Robinson had the sheer audacity to make a slight tweak to the club badge yet they willingly pass the lube to Vlad the Impaler who has ruthlessly trampled on everything that that badge stood for.

No, no, not at all. After you, Vlad, spank my bottom and call me Nerijus Barasa, we don't mind, we're too busy ho-ho-f***ing-ho-ing at the Hobos for spending their own money on players with a pedigree to notice the ludicrous way our club is managed.

Spooky or spooky. You've taken the words right out of my mouth.

HibbyAndy
10-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Oh ma sides.

What an absolute peach of a post mate :agree:

Hope all the yam fuds read this post cause its bang on the money!..feel like copying and pasting it on brokeback .

Witerveen and nade or riordan and stokes .. AND Benji is better than anything they got by a country mile :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
What an absolute peach of a post mate :agree:

Hope all the yam fuds read this post cause its bang on the money!..feel like copying and pasting it on brokeback .

Witerveen and nade or riordan and stokes .. AND Benji is better than anyting they got by a country mile :agree:

I usually have a lengthy, weekly rant about them....it's good for the soul :greengrin

Lewis77
10-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Hasn't lived upto his potential but he's still young enough to reach it, he must be mid 20's now(that's a guess)! I say why not, there is obviously a raw talent to be brought on!:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
10-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I usually have a lengthy, weekly rant about them....it's good for the soul :greengrin

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Take a bow sir :not worth

iwasthere1972
10-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Hasn't lived upto his potential but he's still young enough to reach it, he must be mid 20's now(that's a guess)! I say why not, there is obviously a raw talent to be brought on!:thumbsup:

Is Lewis talking about Pedantic or Liam M? :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
10-09-2009, 09:05 PM

Eoin Jess still had potential at 33 so there's hope for me yet :wink:

iwasthere1972
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Eoin Jess still had potential at 33 so there's hope for me yet :wink:

I've only just managed to register again on Kickback after getting banned about 3 years ago (for daring to change my allegiance from Hearts to Hibs at the same time asking if anyone knew the Hibs ticket office number :cool2:) otherwise I would have no hesitation in copying and pasting your post and putting on Kickback. I would also tell them to get it right up em.

Already looking forward to your next rant. :thumbsup:

bawheid
10-09-2009, 09:19 PM

They should all be collected together in an album and stuck in the vault IMO.

lyonhibs
10-09-2009, 09:23 PM

Oh ma sides.

A truly magnificent post, and the thing is, not a word of it is debateable as far as I can see, and that's casting my eye over it without my green tinted specs on.

I think the seeping realisation that there is NO plan B, there is no "Romanov" equivalent to rescue them from this recurring, degrading nightmare that is Romanov's reign (certainly over the past 3 years) and the disdain with which he treats their club, has brought out the (even more) base instincts of Jambos, which instead of indulging of spot of self analysis for fear of what they might realise, they turn their attention to us, and every one of their old jibes (except sadly that old SC jape, which no Hibs fan I know really takes to heart anymore) is met with a point blank counter-argument.

No investment in the team, Rod is taking us for a ride and is about to flog the whole shebang to Morston Securities for 2" 6d - :hmmm::faf:

No investment in the stadium - let's see who gets to put a bum onto a seat in their respective new stands shall we..................

Their list of now-redundant jibes is almost endless.

Lewis77
10-09-2009, 09:25 PM

WHO ? I thought this post was about David Weir!

Amit
10-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Oh ma sides.

Brilliant post mate. Lol... Particularly liked the bit in bold... Lol

If you fancy a chuckle.. check Yogi's interview here.. around the 3:40 into the interview... Yogi a Legend...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8248684.stm

iwasthere1972
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
WHO ? I thought this post was about David Weir!

No it's about his wife Mollie Weir (Flash cleans baths without scratching).:greengrin

MrRobot
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Manager Roy Keane placed him on the transfer list on 27 February 2008 due to a 'lack of discipline' and 'poor timekeeping', evidenced by his frequent lateness arriving to training sessions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Miller
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Miller#cite_note-26)

He then took him off after being impressed with his displays. :agree:

Cropley10
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM

It's extremely exciting that we're aware of Liam Miller but haven't spoken to him yet?? :confused:

HibbyKeith
10-09-2009, 09:58 PM
It's extremely exciting that we're aware of Liam Miller but haven't spoken to him yet?? :confused:

think he was referring to his previous post below, sorry dont know how to multi quote so good old alt c + v it is. :wink:

Originally Posted by thehibby

Hank Schrader
10-09-2009, 10:04 PM

Oh ma sides.

Brilliant mate! Your posts get better every time! :top marks

Cropley10
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Brilliant mate! Your posts get better every time! :top marks

:agree: But have we actually been linked with Volz and Miller...??

Hank Schrader
10-09-2009, 10:32 PM
:agree: But have we actually been linked with Volz and Miller...??

As far as I can see the only link we have to Volz is some daft statement on Wikipedia saying he was signing for us (which has now disappeared).

Gerard
10-09-2009, 10:40 PM
As Hibs fans we are fortunate that our team has the financial stability that makes possible the signing of a player like Miller.:wink::thumbsup:
The future is looking good for the team that plays in green and white
Gerard

Baader
10-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Aye, the chunky chickens are coming home to Gorgie Farm to roost. Knowing now that Vlad really is an imposter, that there'll be no league titles or world cup names (unless they get Nade to change his by deed poll to Cack-ah) and feeling all embarrassed about collectively being taken in by a submariner con-man they are trying to convince themselves we are in as bad shape as they are.

While they were busy increasing their debt spouting 'I believe' we managed to bring through a good amount of young talent, sell them on (which was frustrating for us) without getting fleeced on the whole and use the money to basically nullify our debt and build a training facility. Now it seems we have a little bit in the coffers to add a better quality of player than Subo or that Pittenweem 'striker' pish they have. Still, we know we will always be the wee team and we wish we still had Mikey Stewart :faf::faf::faf:

poolman
11-09-2009, 05:38 AM

Greetin and eatin :agree:

ChilliEater
11-09-2009, 05:56 AM

Oh ma sides.

I can pay that no higher compliment than to say it is "7-tats-esque" :cool2:

flash
11-09-2009, 05:58 AM
No it's about his wife Mollie Weir (Flash cleans baths without scratching).:greengrin

Outrageous. I got a woman at home for such mundane chores.

ano hibby
11-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Liam Millar is a stick on to sign. My 11 yr old son just texted me from the bus* to say we're in talks. Must be in the Metro = a dead cert:wink::greengrin
'Mon the Hibs.

:top marksfor the Pedantic post above.:agree:

*He doesnt get the 26 though:dunno:

Hibercelona
11-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Liam Millar is a stick on to sign. My 11 yr old son just texted me from the bus* to say we're in talks. Must be in the Metro = a dead cert:wink::greengrin
'Mon the Hibs.

:top marksfor the Pedantic post above.:agree:

*He doesnt get the 26 though:dunno:

Also in the daily ******, :agree:

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2009, 07:34 AM

Oh ma sides.

Shouldn't it be Susan that gets the tip? But what a great post!

mjhibby
11-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Oh ma sides.

Im sorry i just cant except all this praise your getting for what is just a cheap shot at a glorious institution which is just going through a lean spell at the moment.I can assure you the great vlad has a plan z but has just not thought of it yet.Only joking of course.Their bowing to mad vlad is the greatest shame they can bring on their club and surely sometime in the future,when they wake up from the trance they seem to have been in since vlad took over,they will be man enough to admit what complete and utter tosspots they have been.Mind you im not holding my breath in anticipation.Your post says just about everything any hibby or any other supporter of other clubs thinks about them.Unforunately the joke is on them as only they cant see it.:greengrin

Seany HFC 7-0
11-09-2009, 08:48 AM

Oh ma sides.

Absolute belter mate :top marks

Every word is true. This should be put on keekback! I would if i wasn't banned from it by now!
Well in son! :jamboak:

GGTTH

Speedway
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
EEN says we've got Miller.

Speedway
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/-Miller-time.5639650.jp

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
EEN says we've got Miller.

That the early edition paper Speedway? Can't see anything online but assume its not been updated yet.

Speedway
11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
That the early edition paper Speedway? Can't see anything online but assume its not been updated yet.

I've created a new thread with the link but here it is again:

Sylar
11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
To be honest, that still doesn't say much of anything new.

Beefster
11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I couldn't find the bit where it says he's signed.

Sprouleflyer
11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
:hmmm:

HIBS were today poised to clinch the signing of Republic of Ireland midfielder Liam Miller, making him the sixth new arrival at Easter Road this summer.

Sylar
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
:hmmm:

HIBS were today poised to clinch the signing of Republic of Ireland midfielder Liam Miller, making him the sixth new arrival at Easter Road this summer.

:duck:

Delboy4
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Oh ma sides.

:faf::top marks

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I've created a new thread with the link but here it is again:

Cheers mate.

Speedway
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Quick Reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhmAXK-Fso

oldbutdim
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
He has signed now.

:cool2:

Speedway
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
He has signed now.

:cool2:

Has he?

PaulSmith
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/liam-miller-20090911_2262950_1794004

Confirmed

Peevemor
On official site.

2 year deal.

:thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

Disc O'Dave
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Has he?

Peevemor

Confirmed

Bugger!

Juice-Terry
Impressive!

'Mon the Cabbage!

Westie1875
On official site.

2 year deal.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

Well done Yogi :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Great signing and also at a great age for a player!!!!:top marks

RoslinInstHibby
11-09-2009, 11:26 AM
great stuff!!!!!

Chuckie
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I only want to say the Scottish cup is in the bag..

:flag::flag::flag:

iwasthere1972

It's Millertime.

YehButNoBut
Well done Hibs & Yogi, the future is bright. :thumbsup:

jakedance
11-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Potentially an absolutely fantastic signing. Congratulations to Yogi and the board. Let's not forget this is a guy that Celtc were gutted to lose. He may not have lived up to expectations since then but I'm sure he can do a great job in our midfield. Brilliant brilliant news.

With guys like Deek, stokes, benji, Bamba, miller and zooma we have to believe anything other than third this season would be an underachievement.

EskbankHibby
11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Another fantastic signing by the club, great pedigree, just need Yogi to sprinkle his magic dust to get the lad back to his best.

If we get a CH/RB in as well the joy would be oozing out of me.

Chuckie
11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
It's good to be a Hibby....

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Another midfielder. Poor signing.

blackpoolhibs
In all honesty, i feel cheated. We were promised Voltz and Miller, but only get one. Always a let down Hibs.

:devil::thumbsup: A very good player, who will hopefully be a star in Scotland.

Sprouleflyer
Potentially an absolutely fantastic signing. Congratulations to Yogi and the board. Let's not forget this is a guy that Celtc were gutted to lose. He may not have lived up to expectations since then but I'm sure he can do a great job in our midfield. Brilliant brilliant news.

With guys like Deek, stokes, benji, miller and zooma we have to believe anything other than third this season would be an underachievement.

:agree:

Well done everyone at Hibs, this is an exciting signing and if he can re-capture his early form, something could very well be happening down ER way!!!!!

7Hero
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
yup happy with that, should be a good addition to midfield.

really need a defender though im having hogg / bamba induced nightmares still..

Hibs90
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Kind of agree with this.

Betty Boop
No bad looking as well! :wink:

hibbie02
Hibbie02 is feeling a bit light headed.:dizzy:

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Fantastic news, well done Yogi & Tache man. Says Miller was impressed with the training centre which seems to be a massive incentive in attracting new players. :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Kind of agree with this.

I was kind of kidding though. :greengrin

Worcester Hibby
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Brilliant News, if we sign Voltz as well I might just soil myself.

Peevemor
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Brilliant News, if we sign Voltz as well I might just soil myself.

I think I will regardless - just for the hell of it. :greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
:fishin::worms::wink:

Saorsa
11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Great signing or certainly has the potential tae be, well done tae Yogi :thumbsup: and the board :thumbsup: We certainly have the talent in midfield and up front tae have a real go at third but the defence still worries me slightly, hopefully one or two of the irons that Yogi still has in the fire will address that.

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
:fishin::worms::wink:

Sorry. :slipper:

Kerrplunk
11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Could be a great signing!

This may or may not work out but whatever happens it sends out a clear message to everyone else in the league that Hibs are starting to put together what looks a very decent side.

Onwards and upwards....the treble is still on.:greengrin

PotsyHibee
WOW....

What's happened to Hibs!!!!:thumbsup:

bawheid
I'll only say this much...it'll either happen, or it won't...:cool2:

I'll take the credit for this one. :wink:

Worcester Hibby
Great signing or certainly has the potential tae be, well done tae Yogi :thumbsup: and the board :thumbsup: We certainly have the talent in midfield and up front tae have a real go at third but the defence still worries me slightly, hopefully one or two of the irons that Yogi still has in the fire will address that.

Voltz:wink:

Gatecrasher
11-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Well done Hibs

I wonder who may have to make way though:confused:

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM

:faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Move along Fun Boy! :wink:

Good signing :thumbsup: But what about the defence? :grr:

Petrie's Tache
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Anyone been to brokeback to see whats happening over there with this one?

IWasThere2016
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Panic and delusion no doubt! :greengrin

New Corrie
Once Miller is fit and has a few games under his belt he will stick out like a sore thumb. Quality player who, I reckon Yogi will get the best out of.

Delboy4
What a team we are puting together, C'mon the Cabbage...
:top marks:thumbsup:

Big Frank
Good Stuff Hibernian :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LamontHFC©
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Kind of agree with this.

Are you kidding?

zlatan
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
It sums up how cynical Hibs have made me over the years when I spent about 30 seconds praising the signing of Miller and then 5 minutes moaning about how we still need a new RB and creating all these awful scenarios :hilarious

It's time for a new, optimistic zlatan, great signing :thumbsup:

still need a couple of defenders though

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM

:thumbsup: Just been over there to bump the thread back up to the top of the board. :faf:

On a positive note I may be banned when I try to log back in.

IWasThere2016
11-09-2009, 11:56 AM

Aye - chalk it up B :greengrin

stubru59
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Surely they will send us their best wishes.

Mon Dieu4
:thumbsup: Just been over there to bump the thread back up to the top of the board. :faf:

On a positive note I may be banned when I log back in.

What are their views on it?, I cant get on Brokeback at work :faf:

RickyS
couldnae hold it in, I need to go hame and change.
need advice lads, washing machine or straight in the bin?

Mon the Hibs

jakedance
11-09-2009, 11:58 AM
It sums up how cynical Hibs have made me over the years when I spent about 30 seconds praising the signing of Miller and then 5 minutes moaning about how we still need a new RB and creating all these awful scenarios :hilarious

It's time for a new, optimistic zlatan, great signing :thumbsup:

still need a couple of defenders though

We don't need a defence.

IWasThere2016
11-09-2009, 12:00 PM

On a positive note I may be banned when I try to log back in.

:greengrin

CraigHibee
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
I think I will regardless - just for the hell of it. :greengrin

i just have.. What a feeling ;)

definately a good signing imo. However i feel that maybe a defender should have been priority. Who knows we may get one!

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM

They were wondering how us junkie hobos could afford Miller.

Be back in 2 minutes - just going to find out if I am banned or not. :greengrin

The latest post.

They have signed two failures

Stokes - failed in England
Miller - failed in England

Who else did they sign ?

Ah well they have Nade.

cabbageandribs1875
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
wellcome aboard the good ship hibernian mr miller :agree:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8248684.stm

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Gramo posted on the PM board.

One guy thinks they are better off with Spew-art and Nade! :faf:

Petrie's Tache
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Me neither, can some kind sole copy and paste the message.

Mon Dieu4
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM

Simples,

With the economy the way it is just now & people wanting to watch every penny, they have stop using tumble driers.

Rod invested in a peg selling business that has profited as a result :wink:

Seveno
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60867

We seem to have upset the majority of them. :thumbsup:

bawheid
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Aye - chalk it up B :greengrin

Cheers TQM :thumbsup:

I welcome the chase. :wink:

Hibs90
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM

I wasn't. I'd prefer if we signed a defender instead. Still a good signing though.

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote from Brokeback.

Typical Hobo

Are you aware the game has changed?

EVERY club is in debt with little exceptions. you have to spend money to compete.

Your giro stealing, clothesline clips selling fans would not understand that.

You lot are happy just to finish mid tabel and that is the difference between your schemey electronically tagged club and ours.

108 ya fud

Oh dear they are more deluded than I thought. Looks like they don't know the difference between a manageable debt and one that's well and truly out of control to such an extent that even if you sat Nade on it it will still rise.

Trumpets. :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Kind of agree with this.

PMSL :greengrin

Hibs90
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Doesn't like Hearts either. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3195090.stm :greengrin

bawheid

EVERY club is in debt with little exceptions. you have to spend money to compete.

You lot are happy just to finish mid tabel and that is the difference between your schemey electronically tagged club and ours.

108 ya fud

Aww...the poor little lamb. Can anyone else feel his pain?

CraigHibee

The latest post.

Who else did they sign ?

Ah well they have Nade.

it must be great being a jambo watching thier "wee team" rivals sign a player who is better than anything they have :)

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Quote from Brokeback.

Typical Hobo

108 ya fud

Oh dear they are more deluded than I thought. Looks like they don't know the difference between a manageable debt and one that's well and truly out of control to such an extent that even if you sat Nade on it it will still rise.

Seen that post, further proof that neanderthal man never was extinct but owns a computer and resides in a cave somewhere in West Edinburgh spouting regular amounts of wind and pish on Brokeback.

That boy is an utter buffoon....

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote from Brokeback.

Typical Hobo

108 ya fud

How much have they spent to compete recently?

Isn't that what we're doing with the signings of Stokes and Miller?

IWasThere2016
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Cheers TQM :thumbsup:

I welcome the chase. :wink:

Hibs07p
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Quote from Brokeback.

Typical Hobo

108 ya fud

Not only do they not understand anything about debt, it appears that they do not know what a clothes peg is either. :faf::faf::faf:

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Anyway I can't spend all day on here and the hedgetrimmer is now fully charged.

I have a hedge in need of cutting and the Jambo neighbour's prize roses look like they could do with pruning. :devil:

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Not only do they not understand anything about debt, it appears that they do not know what a clothes peg is either. :faf::faf::faf:

They wouldn't have seen one either as they don't do washing. :faf:

Mon Dieu4
11-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Jambos are annoyed then

I am also loving the fact we have signed a player that did the dirty on Celtc for a change :grr::faf:

Hibstrooper
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Another signing who has mentioned the training centre as being a big factor in their decision to join!

The training centre is certainly paying dividends and we can now attract a much a higher calibre of player than we could when we were training nomads.

Great move by the club :thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I always err on the cautious side of optimism but......

....I really think we are due to give that deluded mob over in Gorgie an utter pumping of biblical proportions this season :thumbsup:

Willing to be shot down on flames for above statement :duck:

Disclaimer - Above statement based on Hibs getting the defence sorted oot...

Peevemor
11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I always err on the cautious side of optimism but......

....I really think we are due to give that deluded mob over in Gorgie an utter pumping of biblical proportions this season :thumbsup:

Willing to be shot down on flames for above statement :duck:

Disclaimer - Above statement based on Hibs getting the defence sorted oot...

Do we need a defence against them?

Beefster
11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Aww...the poor little lamb. Can anyone else feel his pain?

The vast majority of them on Sickbag are hurting bad. Hence the undisguised venom and protestations that we've only signed Falkirk rejects and failed EPL players.

It seems the trumpets that are 'i8hibsh', 'I.J.' and 'CharlieBrown' are suffering most but I fully expect 'LeChat' to some up with some "I'm no' bothered what the vermin get up tae, likesay" patter and 'Lou' to pretend that she didn't used to suck up to this forum. Unfortunately, Shaun will probably come up with a badly-written thesis, on something irrelevant, as a coping mechanism too.

Makes it worse that this has happened on the very day that Kingston has told them that they can go **** themselves if they think he'll put them before his country.

poolman
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM

The latest post.

Who else did they sign ?

Ah well they have Nade.

You have to laugh at thae numptys coming out with that drivel

Pittenweem - failed in Austrian division 12

Susan - failed in The Lanzarote Tuesday afternoon holidaymakers league

Nade - well, he's just a failure :greengrin

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Do we need a defence against them?

Good point.....:flamed:

Speedway
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Just a thought.

Miller has played for ROI in World Cup Qualifying.

Does this mean we've signed a World Cup Star?

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately, Shaun will probably come up with a badly-written thesis, on something irrelevant, as a coping mechanism too.

It'll be the highlight of my day.

Green Man
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Great signing. Well played Hibs! :thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
It'll be the highlight of my day.

Can i recommend 4 cans of Red Bull and 3 boxes of Pro-Plus if your considering wading through a lengthy piece of work from the forelock tugger extraordinaire.

YehButNoBut
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Great comment from Rolland regular Yam fud on Scotsman forum.

"Lenny, I would disagree with that as you would no doubt expect, we are more than capable of competing in the signing of players. We may not pay transfers but the money available to invest in wages is certainly more in Gorgie than at ER. I think the tash had to open his wallet this year, I mean how many years of asset striping has he overseen. Maybe he trusts Yogi more than Mixu, maybe Yogi threatened to chase him round the board room naked for all we now but Yogi has certainly managed to get more cash out the tash than Mixu, maybe something to do with selling Fletcher and Jones who nows. Make no mistakes Hearts are more than capable of competing with the hobos in signing players."

:faf::faf::faf::jamboak:

RIP
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
C'mon lads. Other than a couple of anal retentives no Hibs fans really give a tuppeny curse what any Hearts fan thinks of our lovely club.

Their views are a complete irrelevance to us :thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Can i recommend 4 cans of Red Bull and 3 boxes of Pro-Plus if your considering wading through a lengthy piece of work from the forelock tugger extraordinaire.

Good choice although reading through a 400 paragraph thesis from Shaun would lead me to this (http://www.arenaflowers.com/product_image/large/1253-smirnoff_premium_vodka.jpg), then this (http://www.profarmacia.com/store/catalog/images/prozac.jpg) and then ultimately this (http://bajan.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/rope-noose.jpg) :rolleyes:

Hibee87
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Jambos are annoyed then

I am also loving the fact we have signed a player that did the dirty on Celtc for a change :grr::faf:

Aye there spewing the same pish as when we signed stokes:

QUOTE:
Fletcher was sold for almost £3M whilst Stokes was paid up his contract and told to bolt ..... if Stokes is a near equal replacement for Fletcher then why weren't Burnley or Wigan or Celtic or any number of Championship clubs beating down Sunderland's door to sign him?

Stokes career has been floundering and has a current scoring run that equal's Nade's ..... meanwhile Liam Miller is unemployed yet NOBODY in England wants him except some peshy mid-table SPL team that hasn't finished higher than 6th in the last 3 seasons.

And another:

Football is littered with Man Utd cast offs. Generally they follow a downwards spiral from their "coulda' been a contender" early days... until they end up at clubs like Hibs and Hearts. Fans of course like to believe that they've unearthed some discarded diamond, when in fact the player is going through a career tailspin into total obscurity.

Michael Stewart, Grant Brebner etc. Nuff said.

Some guy is saying this also:

My information is that Stokes,Riordan and now Miller are all on approx 5k per week however Hibernian Football club are not paying their wages, they are being paid by the same company that owns their training ground, Hibs holdings or something like that? For what purpose i don know.

Gatecrasher
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Aye there spewing the same pish as when we signed stokes:

QUOTE:
Fletcher was sold for almost £3M whilst Stokes was paid up his contract and told to bolt ..... if Stokes is a near equal replacement for Fletcher then why weren't Burnley or Wigan or Celtic or any number of Championship clubs beating down Sunderland's door to sign him?

Stokes career has been floundering and has a current scoring run that equal's Nade's ..... meanwhile Liam Miller is unemployed yet NOBODY in England wants him except some peshy mid-table SPL team that hasn't finished higher than 6th in the last 3 seasons.

And another:

Football is littered with Man Utd cast offs. Generally they follow a downwards spiral from their "coulda' been a contender" early days... until they end up at clubs like Hibs and Hearts. Fans of course like to believe that they've unearthed some discarded diamond, when in fact the player is going through a career tailspin into total obscurity.

Michael Stewart, Grant Brebner etc. Nuff said.

Some guy is saying this also:

My information is that Stokes,Riordan and now Miller are all on approx 5k per week however Hibernian Football club are not paying their wages, they are being paid by the same company that owns their training ground, Hibs holdings or something like that? For what purpose i don know.

last guy clearly knows his stuff :rolleyes:

7Hero
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
The vast majority of them on Sickbag are hurting bad. Hence the undisguised venom and protestations that we've only signed Falkirk rejects and failed EPL players.

It seems the trumpets that are 'i8hibsh', 'I.J.' and 'CharlieBrown' are suffering most but I fully expect 'LeChat' to some up with some "I'm no' bothered what the vermin get up tae, likesay" patter and 'Lou' to pretend that she didn't used to suck up to this forum. Unfortunately, Shaun will probably come up with a badly-written thesis, on something irrelevant, as a coping mechanism too.

Makes it worse that this has happened on the very day that Kingston has told them that they can go **** themselves if they think he'll put them before his country.

your on sickbag too much mate..:wink:

Speedway
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Stack - Ex Arsenal
Stokes - Ex Arsenal/Sunderland
Miller - Ex Celtic/Manure/Sunderland/QPR
Keenan - Ex Chelsea

The signing policy hasn't changed that much.

Hibs7
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I love it, Jambo's spewing and generally gnashing their gums cause most of them don't have any teeth, all because of Hibs prudent finance management which is finally paying dividends, long may it continue and if this doesn't increase season ticket sales what will !!!! :thumbsup:

Well done Rod and Mr Hughes. :flag::scarf::scarf::scarf:

GordonR
11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Are we turning into Sunderland Rejects FC?

On a brighter note, I don't think you can knock someone with a wealth of premiership and champions league experience.

What? Like Jonatan Johansson, you mean? :duck:

Speedway
11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Two thoughts now on the Miller signing:

1. Will we still look to get Arfield in January?

and

2. Who drops out to make way for Miller?

Speedway
11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
What? Like Jonatan Johansson, you mean? :duck:

We should go for him, I hear he's a free agent.

Judas Iscariot
11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Kind of agree with this.

Why?

Great signing, another indication that the board mean business and have faith in Yogi..

Petrie's Tache
11-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Two thoughts now on the Miller signing:

1. Will we still look to get Arfield in January?

and

2. Who drops out to make way for Miller?

Will be Cregg or Rankin that drops out.

Brando7
11-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Brilliant signing imo

Well done petrie n yogi :applause:

Velma Dinkley
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gatecrasher
and it wont be fair on either as both have had good starts to the season.

Mon Dieu4

Wouldnt drop Cregg he is the best tackler in the team :agree:

poolman
11-09-2009, 01:09 PM
last guy clearly knows his stuff :rolleyes:

:agree: Clearly he's a bastion of information on the inner sanctum of the Easter Road Board.

He knows wages, the "whatever you call them" company that pays them who also own the training ground

In other words "A Yam trumpet fud" :agree:

basehibby
11-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Well done Yogi on pulling off yet another genuinely exciting signing coup :thumbsup:

Also, immense credit must go to the tache and the board for releasing the funds to make these signings happen - we've all waited a long time for the pieces to fall into place and now it seems finally, that with the club's finances sufficiently secured and a good manager in place, the board ARE prepared to push the boat out a bit to strengthen the team.

The timing for this splashing of the cash also could not have been better - with the majority of the clubs in the SPL (even the Huns FFS) all down on their uppers, every penny spent now has the potential to make twice the impact it would normally.

So - :top marks to all involved and welcome aboard Liam! This is shaping up to be a very exciting season indeed :thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted as I haven't read through all the posts but here's an absolute pelter from BrokeBack.

Originally Posted by Martin Jol

Stokes and Miller have been wage thief's too in recent years, I think the big clubs on their CV's help disguise the fact they have done nothing for ages.

I'd imagine Hibs fans are quite depressed at signing failed millionaire wonderkids on huge wages as there will be no fight in them, they've made their money from football.

FWIW, I'd rather have Stewart and Nade.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Petrie's Tache
11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Wouldnt drop Cregg he is the best tackler in the team :agree:

Ranks it is then.

We will still go for Arfiel in the Jan window also.

Front 3 of Arfield, Stokes, Deek

Middle 3 of Zemmama McBride Miller

Perhaps?

Mon Dieu4
11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted as I haven't read through all the posts but here's an absolute pelter from BrokeBack.

Originally Posted by Martin Jol

Stokes and Miller have been wage thief's too in recent years, I think the big clubs on their CV's help disguise the fact they have done nothing for ages.

I'd imagine Hibs fans are quite depressed at signing failed millionaire wonderkids on huge wages as there will be no fight in them, they've made their money from football.

FWIW, I'd rather have Stewart and Nade.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Id rather have Konte than either :jamboak:

Petrie's Tache
11-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Well done Yogi on pulling off yet another genuinely exciting signing coup :thumbsup:

Also, immense credit must go to the tache and the board for releasing the funds to make these signings happen - we've all waited a long time for the pieces to fall into place and now it seems finally, that with the club's finances sufficiently secured and a good manager in place, the board ARE prepared to push the boat out a bit to strengthen the team.

The timing for this splashing of the cash also could not have been better - with the majority of the clubs in the SPL (even the Huns FFS) all down on their uppers, every penny spent now has the potential to make twice the impact it would normally.

So - :top marks to all involved and welcome aboard Liam! This is shaping up to be a very exciting season indeed :thumbsup:

I thank you.

Speedway
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM

Rankin it is.

Petrie's Tache
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
:greengrinYou want to tell him or shall I?

micksoo
Is Miller fit enough to play on Sunday?

If he has had no club since May he will not have done a pre-season.

Speedway
:greengrinYou want to tell him or shall I?

Whichever of us drives a taxi.

Sean1875
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Cracking signing :thumbsup:

Rankin out please.

GC
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
See all that hardship we went through a few years back, this ladies and gents in the rewards.

I don't think there has ever been a better time to be a Hibee that at this moment, we're building a helluva squad here.

GGTTH:thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Another peach from across the town...:faf:

Originally Posted by i8hibsh

How much a week?
How the **** can those Giro steeling tramps afford him?

:blah::blah:

Originally Posted by Haveanotherbeer

Probably by being professionally run and looking after their pennies and having great training facilities available 24 hours a day.

That's my guess.

:greengrin:greengrin

New Corrie
11-09-2009, 01:23 PM
See all that hardship we went through a few years back, this ladies and gents in the rewards.

I don't think there has ever been a better time to be a Hibee that at this moment, we're building a helluva squad here.

GGTTH:thumbsup:

I wouldn't get to carried away, we've seen better Hibs sides than this let us down.......in saying that, things are looking a bit better certainly.

GC
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Another peach from across the town...:faf:

Originally Posted by i8hibsh

How much a week?
How the **** can those Giro steeling tramps afford him?

:blah::blah:

Originally Posted by Haveanotherbeer

Probably by being professionally run and looking after their pennies and having great training facilities available 24 hours a day.

That's my guess.

:greengrin:greengrin

They're really gutted eh?

Nae luck ya skint, deluded bunch of phannies:jamboak:

New Corrie
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Rankin out please.

Why does he deserve to be dropped:confused:

GC
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't get to carried away, we've seen better Hibs sides than this let us down.......in saying that, things are looking a bit better certainly.

Possibly, although different circumstances in the past CG.

I'm looking forward to our future.

Speedway
11-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Rankin out please.

Why does he deserve to be dropped:confused:

Why does he deserve not to be?