PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller - 2 Year Deal Officially Confirmed (Merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Rankin out please.

Why, exactly?

Here's your reward for having a good start to the season - a P45?

SquashedFrogg
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
They're really gutted eh?

Nae luck ya skint, deluded bunch of phannies:jamboak:

They're trying so hard not to admit that they're gutted.

It's brilliant stuff.

:tee hee:

poolman
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Cracking signing :thumbsup:

Rankin out please.

Very harsh post, not called for, not the most skillful of players but he gives us an edge and also 100% every game :agree:

magnificent_seven
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Why, exactly?

Here's your reward for having a good start to the season - a P45?

I don't think Miller will go straight into the squad since he has not been training or playing since May. So Rankin will probably stay in the team and Miller will step in when there's an injury.

Great signing. Our squad has got s great amount of depth in midfield and attack now. Defence next?! :greengrin

Gerard
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
The more that Keekback post about the Hobos and thier drug taking caravan occupiers makes me feel: how have the mighty Hearts fallen and how bitter they have become.
We may be Hobos, drug takers, caravan occupiers and perg sellers but we have a football club that has a bright future:wink:
Gerard Hobo without caravan, non peg seller and non drug taker:greengrin

Jim44
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Cracking signing :thumbsup:

Rankin out please.

Like a lot of others, I think Rankin is getting a lot of unfair criticism on this board. He's here to stay for the foreseeable future, is a valuable member of our squad, Hughes certainly has a lot of time for him and it's about time we all got behind every player at the club. Give the guy a break.

New Corrie
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Why does he deserve not to be?

Well that depends on who he's getting replaced with, I presume the guy was meaning that Miller should repace him, and if that's the case, the boy must be some player, not kicked a ball since May yet replaces one of our more consistent hard working players at the drop of a hat.

Littlest Hobo
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I think the proof is in the pudding. If anyone had said to me that Hearts had just signed Stokes and Miller, I think something inside me would have thought........****, their no bad players who could possibly do some damage against us! I think I'd be a tad worried if I was a Jambo not to mention jealous as hell:wink: :thumbsup:

Twa Cairpets
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Apologies if Ive missed it earlier, but there are guys on kickbackistan seriosuly saying things like this:

"Stokes and Miller have been wage thief's too in recent years, I think the big clubs on their CV's help disguise the fact they have done nothing for ages.

I'd imagine Hibs fans are quite depressed at signing failed millionaire wonderkids on huge wages as there will be no fight in them, they've made their money from football.

FWIW, I'd rather have Stewart and Nade". :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Not a hint of irony, honest.

WhileTheChief..
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Tremendous signing. I would think that Rankin will keep his place and now has that extra bit of competition from Miller.
As Yogi said, it's all about raising the bar and the strength of the squad is what i find pleasing now. There are lots of starting 11s being discussed on here, all of which are so much stronger than anything we've had in recent years. Onwards and upwards, still more to come i bet.

Billychaotic182
11-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Am Gettin Sick of this Rankin Bashin!!!

He as set up most of our goals so far this season and has played his wee heart out. What more do you want?

The lad is a good wee player to have in your team and has dont nothing wrong.

Jim44
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Apologies if Ive missed it earlier, but there are guys on kickbackistan seriosuly saying things like this:

"Stokes and Miller have been wage thief's too in recent years, I think the big clubs on their CV's help disguise the fact they have done nothing for ages.

I'd imagine Hibs fans are quite depressed at signing failed millionaire wonderkids on huge wages as there will be no fight in them, they've made their money from football.

FWIW, I'd rather have Stewart and Nade". :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Not a hint of irony, honest.

and another -

"Oh dear.

I see the local thickets from down the road have appeared on the thread.

Them having a ham shank at some of their signings is pretty cringeworthy tbh.

2 relegation bound tits from Falkirk & a couple of unemployed, out of work no marks.

It's a bit like us getting all wet at the thought of Pitenweem.

Mind you, as has been mentioned, Stokes & the latest guy have probobly found their level."

........................priceless.:greengrin

SquashedFrogg
11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Can't help myself. :tee hee:

And neither can they by the looks of it.

Originally Posted by Craigieboy

Oh dear.

2 relegation bound tits from Falkirk & a couple of unemployed, out of work no marks.

:partyhibb :bye:

And I'm not making this up. Honestly

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Well that depends on who he's getting replaced with, I presume the guy was meaning that Miller should repace him, and if that's the case, the boy must be some player, not kicked a ball since May yet replaces one of our more consistent hard working players at the drop of a hat.

Spot on. :agree:

crewetollhibee
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted as I haven't read through all the posts but here's an absolute pelter from BrokeBack.

Originally Posted by Martin Jol

Stokes and Miller have been wage thief's too in recent years, I think the big clubs on their CV's help disguise the fact they have done nothing for ages.

FWIW, I'd rather have Stewart and Nade.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
And that's exactly why they are so despised by us and every other club's fans in Scotland. Instead of directing their understandable anger to Mad Vlad and little Rodney they choose to go down the road of having a pop at 2 players they would love to have had a chance of signing. Stokes and Miller wage thiefs ? Nade and Kingston anybody ? Total head in the sand stuff again.

.SeventyFive
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM

He as set up most of our goals so far this season and has played his wee heart out. What more do you want?

I agree with this. Even after the St. Mirren game he was getting slated and he was the one that did most of the work for the first goal.

Every player should be earning a place based on how they are in training, not on credentials.

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
and another -

"Oh dear.

Mind you, as has been mentioned, Stokes & the latest guy have probobly found their level."

They signed Ian Black, who was relegated, Susan the waitress who aspires to relegation and Pittenweem who will get them relegated.

And they couldn't afford any out of work no marks.

Jealousy cringing from every open wounded pore, like mayonaisse down Nade's chin.

Saorsa
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
They signed Ian Black, who was relegated, Susan the waitress who aspires to relegation and Pittenweem who will get them relegated.

And they couldn't afford any out of work no marks.

Jealousy cringing from every open wounded pore, like mayonaisse down Nade's chin.:hilarious

Speedway
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM

What I want is this post.

I have been asking for anyone to tell me what Rankin offers us. I don't monitor our assists and so if he's on top of our assists league as you say, then there's something that he gives us and that is fair comment.

As for having 'played his wee heart out' that's a mandatory requirement of having a chance to stay in this team, not an overriding argument to keep him in it.

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Craigieboy

Oh dear.

And I'm not making this up. Honestly

Words fails me :rolleyes:

Big Frank
11-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Words fails me :rolleyes:

Try and understand Whip.

We have made some tasty signings recently, and they have a little wooden stand. :greengrin

Billychaotic182
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM

I have been asking for anyone to tell me what Rankin offers us. I don't monitor our assists and so if he's on top of our assists league as you say, then there's something that he gives us and that is fair comment.

As for having 'played his wee heart out' that's a mandatory requirement of having a chance to stay in this team, not an overriding argument to keep him in it.

Fine

Rankin Links up play well. He was a contender for our armband which mean Yogi rates him a great deal. He is a great role model for younger players with his lifestyle.

He will always give 110% to the club. He is a player that does what he is asked so really what more do you want?

dangermouse
11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
The more that Keekback post about the Hobos and thier drug taking caravan occupiers makes me feel: how have the mighty Hearts fallen and how bitter they have become.
We may be Hobos, drug takers, caravan occupiers and perg sellers but we have a football club that has a bright future:wink:
Gerard Hobo without caravan, non peg seller and non drug taker:greengrin

Bet you're AIDS ridden though :wink:

Speedway
11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Fine

Rankin Links up play well. He was a contender for our armband which mean Yogi rates him a great deal. He is a great role model for younger players with his lifestyle.

He will always give 110% to the club. He is a player that does what he is asked so really what more do you want?

Skill, finesse, a telling pass, a decent goal contribution, a foot in - in midfield, excellent delivery of dead balls ala Falkirk (if he meant to do it) and to stop knackering promising attacks by continually trying the 'flukeler'.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
The signs are good.

What a breath of fresh air Yogi has been. Tells it like it is and you know what you are getting - I dont recall him being daft enough to make false promises. When I read about Miller I thought no way he could be making those statements without it in the bag and here he is.

So biding out time holding firm during the periods of Hearts (ahem) ascendency was all a cunning plan - no point in going toe-to-toe with them on spending. Rather let them and others punch themselves out through flawed policies and circumstances then strike when our rivals are at their weakest. Like it. Interesting times ahead.

Kind of makes me wonder what they saw in Mixu that wasn't in Yogi last time round.

In the past mistakes have been made but its how the stewards of the club have learned from them and adjusted that appears to be making the difference. And for that they should be applauded.

Jim44
11-09-2009, 02:23 PM
The signs are good.

What a breath of fresh air Yogi has been. Tells it like it is and you know what you are getting - I dont recall him being daft enough to make false promises. When I read about Miller I thought no way he could be making those statements without it in the bag and here he is.

So biding out time holding firm during the periods of Hearts (ahem) ascendency was all a cunning plan - no point in going toe-to-toe with them on spending. Rather let them and others punch themselves out through flawed policies and circumstances then strike when our rivals are at their weakest. Like it. Interesting times ahead.

Kind of makes me wonder what they saw in Mixu that wasn't in Yogi last time round.

In the past mistakes have been made but its how the stewards of the club have learned from them and adjusted that appears to be making the difference. And for that they should be applauded.

:agree:........that's the hard bit over. Now all we're left with is the simple formality of producing the goods on the park. :wink:

JimBHibees
11-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Skill, finesse, a telling pass, a decent goal contribution, a foot in - in midfield, excellent delivery of dead balls ala Falkirk (if he meant to do it) and to stop knackering promising attacks by continually trying the 'flukeler'.

Not a fan then. :greengrin Agree with you about the 'flukeler'.

Last Minute
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM

:applause::applause::applause:

Billychaotic182
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM

Have you watched Hibs this season? He set up 2 goals from dead balls and his corners have been superb

all am going to say is watch the highlights form out games so far eh

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Very harsh post, not called for, not the most skillful of players but he gives us an edge and also 100% every game :agree:

:top marks-he' setup a couple of goals this season, Miller should have to fight to get in the squad like everyone else !!! (think thats the idea tho :greengrin)

great signing tho & A GREAT TIME TO BE A HIBBIE !!! :thumbsup:

Andy74
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
That's eleven new, promoted or returning first team players all in with a shout of playing that we didn't have last year:

Stack
McCann
McBride
Cregg
Wotherspoon
Miller
Galbraith
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji
Byrne

Hibs07p
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
The signs are good.

That's why "The Yogi will never be Hibs manager under Petrie" story was leaked! Now that Yogi has a bit SPL experience, and The Tash has honed his negotiating skills, it's all systems go! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Have you watched Hibs this season? He set up 2 goals from dead balls and his corners have been superb

He also made a great run and fought hard when off balance to win the ball and cut it back for Wotherspoon to score against St Mirren.

We've scored 5 goals. He has laid on 3 of them.

PotsyHibee
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM

I honestly think we have two weak links in our Team so far this season, and one of them is Rankin. I like the guy, he always puts in a shift but he always gets dragged into the centre of the park leaving Hanlon exposed. Not saying he should be dropped but needs to get his positioning right. WHEN Miller is fit Rankin may give way.

ballengeich
11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I hope this signing works well, but I don't share the general excitement at the arrival of a free transfer from QPR.

Billychaotic182
11-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I honestly think we have two weak links in our Team so far this season, and one of them is Rankin. I like the guy, he always puts in a shift but he always gets dragged into the centre of the park leaving Hanlon exposed. Not saying he should be dropped but needs to get his positioning right. WHEN Miller is fit Rankin may give way.

Look i know the guy would not get a look in 4 year ago at hibs but why drop a player on top form for a guy who has never even kicked a ball for our team

Hibbyradge
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM

How can you drop a player who has been responsible for 60% of the team's assists so far this season? :confused:

KerPlunk
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
The signs are good.

It's called Rope-A-Dope.

:greengrin

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
How can you drop a player who has been responsible for 60% of the team's assists so far this season? :confused:

Quite simply you can't. I am not a huge Rankin fan but as it has been pointed out he is responsible for the majority of the goals we have scored this season via his assists. On that form it would be very harsh for him to make way for Miller, who will require a few weeks to get up to full fitness anyway.

fiolex1
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Mate at work who's a big Celtic fan cannae believe we've signed Miller,he would take him back to Parkhead in a heartbeat, great signing!

Hank Schrader
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Mate at work who's a big Celtic fan cannae believe we've signed Miller,he would take him back to Parkhead in a heartbeat, great signing!

Well if you believe one of the welts on Keechback, thats where he is going to end up anyway.

VegasHibby
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Well done Yogi,Petrie and board. Excellent signing. Miller's experience alone will help the team immensely especially the younger players. We badly needed a player like this who can command the midfield.
What a difference a real manager makes. And to think Yogi's not going to stop there. More good signings to come over next few months.

We're going to win something this year :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
A great signing, I admit I had reservations, but I trust in Yogi. Aren't he and RP doing so many great things for our club?

Juice-Terry
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
That's eleven new, promoted or returning first team players all in with a shout of playing that we didn't have last year:

Stack
McCann
McBride
Cregg
Wotherspoon
Miller
Galbraith
Zemmama
Stokes
Benji
Byrne

Frightening really! We MUST surely do some serious damage in both league and cups this season? Surely...? :thumbsup:

'Mon the Cabbage!

RIP
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Try doing what the rest of us do mate - watch the bluidy games. Rankin is our most improved player this year and looks different class under Yogi. Donald Park knows how to pick a player and Mixu knew how to waste one.

John is way up their with Riordan for pinpoint crosses and passes. His assists turned around the first two wins of the season.

Not the complete package by any means but then,,,,,it's been said before and will be again ......if he was he wouldn't be at Easter Road

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Potentially a very good signing.

Like Stokes, lost his way down south, but if Yogi can get the best out of both of them, we could be looking forward to a very interesting season ahead. :thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
Try doing what the rest of us do mate - watch the bluidy games. Rankin is our most improved player this year and looks different class under Yogi. Donald Park knows how to pick a player and Mixu knew how to waste one.

John is way up their with Riordan for pinpoint crosses and passes. His assists turned around the first two wins of the season.

Not the complete package by any means but then,,,,,it's been said before and will be again ......if he was he wouldn't be at Easter Road
:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

PotsyHibee

That's a fair point. Miller will not be straight in the team I'm sure of that, he'll have had no pre-season and will be way off the pace. Whoever he replaces will be be whoever is struggling at that point.

Still a cracking signing though:thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Lets hope Yogi can get the best out of him and Stokes. If he can, with the depth of squad we have, we should be serious contenders for 3rd and in the cups.

Can't accuse the board of penny pinching or lack of ambition either. High expectations so c'mon Hibees, deliver!

bighairyfaeleith
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Great signing, get him fit and get that wee fanny rankin up into the stand!!!!:greengrin

Jim44
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
There's been quite a few posts on this thread about the irrational Jambo slant on where we are going this season. I was surprised to pick up this beezer on FollowFollow. -

"Hibs have went downhill since Hughes has took over they look dire now.

He struggled to keep Falkirk up why he was rewarded with the Hibs job staggers me."

How can anyone with even the most basic knowledge of football come out with this drivel.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Another excellent addition to this already looking good Hibs sqaud :agree:

Another player (like Stokes) that was on shabas list!! GIFRU the pubteamers.

Billychaotic182
11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
great signing, get him fit and get that wee fanny rankin up into the stand!!!!:greengrin

gtf! lol

iwasthere1972
11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Another peach from across the town...:faf:

Originally Posted by i8hibsh

How much a week?
How the **** can those Giro steeling tramps afford him?

:blah::blah:

Originally Posted by Haveanotherbeer

Probably by being professionally run and looking after their pennies and having great training facilities available 24 hours a day.

That's my guess.
:greengrin:greengrin

:wink:

Betty Boop
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM

:wink: :thumbsup:

Elephant Stone
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Where about in midfield does he play?

steino1875
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
another step in the right direction :thumbsup:

totalfootball
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
This is a great signing. I know he had afew problems down the road but I saw him play se veral times for Sunderland in the championship and the premiership and he was a standout. Im confident when we have Miller and Stokes fit along with zooma and Riordan this is potentially some side. I havent even mentioned Benji, wotherspoon etc. This is a Hibs team that shouldnt fear playing anyone and I include the Bigot brothers in that. Im so exited at the prospect of this Hibs side, come on you Hibees!
GGTTH

hibsbollah
11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Where about in midfield does he play?

He played in centre midfield for the mackems...cant remember if hes right or left footed...

Does he have a squad number yet?

JimBHibees
11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
He played in centre midfield for the mackems...cant remember if hes right or left footed...

Right footed, played on the right for Celtc.

SquashedFrogg
11-09-2009, 04:10 PM

:cool2:

Golden Bear
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM

He could be number 5?

I heard on the grapevine (a very good source) that the said number has not been allocated

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
There's been quite a few posts on this thread about the irrational Jambo slant on where we are going this season. I was surprised to pick up this beezer on FollowFollow. -

"Hibs have went downhill since Hughes has took over they look dire now.

He struggled to keep Falkirk up why he was rewarded with the Hibs job staggers me."

How can anyone with even the most basic knowledge of football come out with this drivel.

You're automatically disqualified from being a Rangers fan if you have any knowledge of football.

Speedway
11-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Being our most improved player is not exactly an accolade after last year though is it?

But I'll take your advice and watch Hibs matches. Don't know why I haven't thought of doing that previously.

Relax and lose the tone girlfriend. I already alluded to the Falkirk goal for Deek and I admit to thinking that the cut back for Wotherspoon v. Saint Midden was McBride not Rankin. Galbraith set up Benji's winner on the opening day and since Deek scored with his curling free kick for the third against Falkirk, I must also admit to forgetting who took the corner for Bamba's goal that led to his celebration and his bear hug of Hughes prior to Thicot having a spat with Jackie Mac in the tunnel defending Bamba's celebration.

And no, I haven't refered to the Brechin game.

But hey, how would I know that kind of info, I don't watch the games.

Sprouleflyer
11-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Interesting to see what other fans from other SPL teams think.

Here is a link to AFC Chat, most think Miller is a decent signing, some think it's a gamble but worth taking.

A bit different to our Yam friends across the city.

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24609&st=0

hibsbollah
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
He could be number 5?

I heard on the grapevine (a very good source) that the said number has not been allocated

Thats right, But that wont be Miller's number, Yogi is saving it for Cannavaro:agree:

RickyS
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Interesting to see what other fans from other SPL teams think.

Here is a link to AFC Chat, most think Miller is a decent signing, some think it's a gamble but worth taking.

A bit different to our Yam friends across the city.

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24609&st=0

on aberdeen mad, they had this to say

IF they get him he would be a cracking signing, I reckon... though truth be told I haven't heard of him since his being touted as the long term replacement for Roy Keane.

I might quite fancy supporting the Hibees this season, just for a break from the permanent gloom of Aberdeen.

Yes.... yes, I think that might be an option.

Fair play to them, they have sold on an amazing number of young players over the last five years for good money so its no surprise that they are bringing in players like Miller and Stokes.

We're going to have to be patient and wait for our conveyer belt of talent to start churning them out (the early signs are encouraging).

If we are going to be beaten to third this season then I'd rather see Hibs up there than the LSC or jutes.

Ah good luck to Hibs, that would be a great signing for them.

A club i've always had a soft spot for, the Hibs - wee bit of romance about them, sunshine on Leith and all that - and a favourite affable spanner of a son in Yogi at the helm.

If its not us doing well outside the OF i don't mind them having a bit of joy - better them than those infected ****bags at Fearts and Dundee U*****d.

Still look fwd to The Beast ploughing through Liam Miller mind

Judas Iscariot
11-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Now..

Can Yogi and Rod REALLY spoil us before January with a new Centre Half and or a Right Back :pray:

Lewis77
11-09-2009, 04:57 PM
If it works we're quids in! I think we're just a couple of players away from the title, two more quality defenders and its oors!! :agree:

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
If it works we're quids in! I think we're just a couple of players away from the title, two more quality defenders and its oors!! :agree:

By title, you mean "3rd Place", right?

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Despite all the comic relief provided by Nade, and to a lesser extent Susan and Pittenweem, I think Larry K has restablished himself as our numero uno Yambolino superstar. His constant disdain and contempt for the club who pays his considerable wages they can't afford and will bankrupt them, might just eventually put him up there with Albert Kidd as an unlikely Hibs legend in my book.

He's extracting the urine so much, you almost wonder whether he's Jimmy O'Rourke or Kano blacked up.

Keep it up Larry, don't let them bully you into playing, and if they do, stroll around and don't get injured, there are some big Ghana games ahead.

joe breezy
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Despite all the comic relief provided by Nade, and to a lesser extent Susan and Pittenweem, I think Larry K has restablished himself as our numero uno Yambolino superstar. His constant disdain and contempt for the club who pays his considerable wages they can't afford and will bankrupt them, might just eventually put him up there with Albert Kidd as an unlikely Hibs legend in my book.

He's extracting the urine so much, you almost wonder whether he's Jimmy O'Rourke or Kano blacked up.

Keep it up Larry, don't let them bully you into playing, and if they do, stroll around and don't get injured, there are some big Ghana games ahead.

:greengrin:greengrin

Lewis77
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM

Two quality defenders and finishes Us, the tic then the hun !:greengrin Have faith !

shamo9
11-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Okay, maybe 'The Story So Far...' was right:paranoid:

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Two quality defenders and finishes Us, the tic then the hun !:greengrin Have faith !

Love your optimism, really I do - but I've been a Hibs fan long enough to know that the SPL title will never be within Hibs grasp unless the ugly sisters GTF and play in the North Atlantic Fishing League with Captain Birdseye's North Pole Eskimos and Rosenborg.

hibs1875
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
well done hibs :thumbsup: onwards and upwards :agree:

Lewis77
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Love your optimism, really I do - but I've been a Hibs fan long enough to know that the SPL title will never be within Hibs grasp unless the ugly sisters GTF and play in the North Atlantic Fishing League with Captain Birdseye's North Pole Eskimos and Rosenborg.

I Want to see it just the once before I pass, so I have to keep faith we can do it and why the ****** no! We can do the auld firm, screw the weegie teams! WE WILL WIN THE TITLE IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS !!!!

Phil D. Rolls
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Is no-one suspicous that this lad has been freed by QPR, and that Sunderland disciplined him for being a poor trainer. I'm all for second chances, but Miller seems to be on his fourth chance.

Time will tell, but we'd do well to remember names like: Mark Burchill, Gerry Creaney, Simon Lynch and others.

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I Want to see it just the once before I pass, so I have to keep faith we can do it and why the ****** no! We can do the auld firm, screw the weegie teams! WE WILL WIN THE TITLE IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS !!!!

We all want to see it. I don't think we will, though. Ever. We don't have the resources and the SPL is set up in such a way that OF dominance is almost built in.

I look forward to being proven wrong, I really do.

vein
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Is no-one suspicous that this lad has been freed by QPR, and that Sunderland disciplined him for being a poor trainer. I'm all for second chances, but Miller seems to be on his fourth chance.

Time will tell, but we'd do well to remember names like: Mark Burchill, Gerry Creaney, Simon Lynch and others.

Difference is though that the clubs sniffing around these three were not of the same calibre as Man U.

What ever happened to him at Man U anyway? I remember him being pretty much a regular or at least on the bench most weeks but have no idea what happened after.

HFC 0-7
11-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Look i know the guy would not get a look in 4 year ago at hibs but why drop a player on top form for a guy who has never even kicked a ball for our team

I dont think Rankin should be dropped straight away but I think he is a player that we should be looking at replacing. Fair enough he puts in A LOT of effort but this isnt enough. He makes any play going forward rushed, when sometimes you need to slow it down and look for the telling pass. Hibs have 3 midfielders all the same type, Ranking, Cregg and McBride, all hard workers and more defensive than attacking. Hibs have great forwards but at present struggle to get the ball to them on the ground in a decent position. Miller will give us that. Out of Rankin Cregg and Mcbride, I would drop Rankin, I think he would be more effective coming on as a sub with 20 mins to go when other players are tiring.

Basically I dont think Rankin is Mince, I just think we have a good player in Rankin but with better players available. (Never thought I would be able to say that again as a hibby!)

Michaelhibees
11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Miller scored his first goal for Celtic against hearts:thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Just showed Miller scoring for Celtic against the Yambams on Reporting Scotland, more of that please Liam. :thumbsup:

mayo hibee
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Stack - Ex Arsenal
Stokes - Ex Arsenal/Sunderland
Miller - Ex Celtic/Manure/Sunderland/QPR

The signing policy hasn't changed that much.

Cregg's ex-Arsenal too :agree:

Interesting to see the Arsenal link with John Hughes at work again here. Liam Brady (Arsenal youths boss) is also heavily involved in the Irish team and I would guess there would have been some contact between the two before the signing, either to alert Hughes that Miller was available on a free, or from Hughes to Brady to get an assessment on the player.

Have to say Miller hasn't been good for Ireland in the last few years, but that's international football and you would think that at SPL level he would be a big success. If Hughes can nurse the likes of Stokes and Miller back to their best form, Hibs could really start going places in the next year or two. If Cregg or Rankin lose out to him in the team, that's harsh but you've got to pick your best players and you can only have 11 so someones got to miss out. A great problem to have.

Also, not sure if its been posted already but Miller's been training with Cork City, who are mid-season, for the last while so he may not be that far off full fitness.

camhibby1
11-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I am really pleased about this signing. I'v been an Old Trafford ST for nearly 30 years and the general feeling was Millar is an undoubted talent but didn't fit in to the work ethic at OT. Keane thought, for obvious reasons he could get him back on track. Real 'gaelic' clash of personalities and from there it's been down-ward. I hope that spiral has come to an end and that Yogi can get a lot out of him. His signing is potentially brilliant for the forwards - his through ball passing can be quite perceptive. Any way we'll see.
Congratulations to the Board and Yogi - especially the Board - always buy in a recession no matter what business you are in. TF is getting on in years - Yogi has a proven cup record - the football business is stable - we can afford to take a risk or two and who knows TF might live to see the cup at Easter Road. Would love it absolutely love it if only to give the JT's a lesson on how to run a business in a recesssion and prosper!

mayo hibee
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Difference is though that the clubs sniffing around these three were not of the same calibre as Man U.

What ever happened to him at Man U anyway? I remember him being pretty much a regular or at least on the bench most weeks but have no idea what happened after.

He just wasn't good enough for Man U, had only played 20 odd games for Celtic before he went down there, and probably looked better than he was when he played in the Champions League that season. If he'd stayed at Celtic they were offering to build the team around him and put him on a big money contract, his career would have been a lot different I guess.

Going to Man Utd was the worst thing that he could have done in hindsight, but you don't turn down Man U, simple as that. He was a very small fish in a huge pond though and it never got close to working out for him.

I reckon with his confidence back he could be a huge huge star here, but he needs to get back to where he was at 7 or 8 years ago. Really think this could be the place for him to do it.

Miller goal here about 20 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXjMpR1KADQ

Tyler Durden
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Being our most improved player is not exactly an accolade after last year though is it?

But I'll take your advice and watch Hibs matches. Don't know why I haven't thought of doing that previously.

Relax and lose the tone girlfriend. I already alluded to the Falkirk goal for Deek and I admit to thinking that the cut back for Wotherspoon v. Saint Midden was McBride not Rankin. Galbraith set up Benji's winner on the opening day and since Deek scored with his curling free kick for the third against Falkirk, I must also admit to forgetting who took the corner for Bamba's goal that led to his celebration and his bear hug of Hughes prior to Thicot having a spat with Jackie Mac in the tunnel defending Bamba's celebration.

And no, I haven't refered to the Brechin game.

But hey, how would I know that kind of info, I don't watch the games.

Speedway - you are not alone in your appraisal of Rankin. I think people are going a bit over the top re his assists. He did very well with his cutback against St Mirren and the precision of his free kick for Deek's first goal at Falkirk was also impressive (after Deek screamed at him where to put it mind). Bamba's goal was just a straight forward corner that many keepers would have collected easily, nothing to get excited about there. So yes, I'd agree he deserves credit for these 2 assists.

But IMHO on the balance of play in our 4 games he's been poor, gave the ball away far too easily and tried to shoot from distance far too often. Some people seem to think by continually saying he's the most improved player, that it's fact. Personally I dont agree and I know plenty of fans in my camp. Putting in a shift means nothing to me, thats the least we should expect.

Anyway, not slating the guy, it's great we now have Miller and Wotherspoon to put real pressure on the likes of Rankin and hopefully he'll rise to that increased competition. If not, he'll be a good squad player, which is his level IMHO at the moment.

YehButNoBut
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Just showed Miller scoring for Celtic against the Yambams on Reporting Scotland, more of that please Liam. :thumbsup:

Millers 2 against Hearts is on the BBC site here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8248684.stm

--------
11-09-2009, 06:17 PM

No - he means THE TITLE.

Like you, Todd, I've been around too long to still retain that sort of optimism.

So I'll confine myself to saying that I'm quite pleased with the way things are going so far this season.

I hope we do reasonably well at Hamilton on Sunday.

If we do, I'll be quite pleased about that too. :devil:

silverhibee
11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Like a lot of others, I think Rankin is getting a lot of unfair criticism on this board. He's here to stay for the foreseeable future, is a valuable member of our squad, Hughes certainly has a lot of time for him and it's about time we all got behind every player at the club. Give the guy a break.

:agree::agree:

hibsbollah
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Speedway - you are not alone in your appraisal of Rankin. I think people are going a bit over the top re his assists. He did very well with his cutback against St Mirren and the precision of his free kick for Deek's first goal at Falkirk was also impressive (after Deek screamed at him where to put it mind). Bamba's goal was just a straight forward corner that many keepers would have collected easily, nothing to get excited about there. So yes, I'd agree he deserves credit for these 2 assists.

But IMHO on the balance of play in our 4 games he's been poor, gave the ball away far too easily and tried to shoot from distance far too often. Some people seem to think by continually saying he's the most improved player, that it's fact. Personally I dont agree and I know plenty of fans in my camp. Putting in a shift means nothing to me, thats the least we should expect.

Anyway, not slating the guy, it's great we now have Miller and Wotherspoon to put real pressure on the likes of Rankin and hopefully he'll rise to that increased competition. If not, he'll be a good squad player, which is his level IMHO at the moment.

Agree with that:agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Whether or not Stokes and Miller turn out to be any good or not, these are exciting times to be a Hibby. Add in Wotherspoon, Riordan, Zemmama and maybe even Benji, and we have players at ER who worth paying money to see. And maybe, just maybe, the makings of a team that can do the club proud again.

sesoim
11-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Miller is a pretty amazing signing given how highly rated he was a few years ago. He's 28 and could still be a big star. It might be a risk, but I'm fully behind Hughes and the board on this on. Things really are starting to look good for this season - if we can just get in a good organiser in defence and iron out the GK errors then only Dundee Utd can stop us from finishing 4th.

And we've a definite chance in the cups, I can't see Miller, Stokes, Zemmama and co freezing at Hampden.

Badge
11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Whether or not Stokes and Miller turn out to be any good or not, these are exciting times to be a Hibby. Add in Wotherspoon, Riordan, Zemmama and maybe even Benji, and we have players at ER who worth paying money to see. And maybe, just maybe, the makings of a team that can do the club proud again.
A couple of defenders, right back and centre half, and I think we could have a really good season. Plenty cover in all other areas.

silverhibee
11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
No - he means THE TITLE.

Like you, Todd, I've been around too long to still retain that sort of optimism.

So I'll confine myself to saying that I'm quite pleased with the way things are going so far this season.

I hope we do reasonably well at Hamilton on Sunday.

If we do, I'll be quite pleased about that too. :devil:

Go on Doddie, dream a little, just think CL football next season, the Scottish Cup in the trophy cabinet this season, celtc trying to get Yogi after sacking Mowbray for having a very poor season,:greengrin.:
C'Mon the Hibees.

mayo hibee
11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Miller is a pretty amazing signing given how highly rated he was a few years ago. He's 28 and could still be a big star. It might be a risk, but I'm fully behind Hughes and the board on this on. Things really are starting to look good for this season - if we can just get in a good organiser in defence and iron out the GK errors then only Dundee Utd can stop us from finishing 4th.

And we've a definite chance in the cups, I can't see Miller, Stokes, Zemmama and co freezing at Hampden.

Setting your sights a bit low there surely?

Wotherspiniesta
11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Loving Yogi's work so far. The amount of times ex managers have talked about trimming the squad and having quality over quantity has been great, but Yogi seems to have been the only one willing to make these decisions:

Out: Mcneil, DVZ, Keenan, Johansson, Chisholm, Deane, Fletcher, Jones, O'Brien, Campbell.

In: Stack, Cregg, McBride, Galbraith, Stokes, Miller.

Early days I know, but the calibre of signing looks top notch (especially the last 2) and the players released (excluding those in bold) weren't contributing enough, or showed enough talent to enhance the squad. Funny how many changes have been made in such a short space of time, but overall the team definately looks to be quality over quantity. Keep it up, Hibs and JH :thumbsup:

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Setting your sights a bit low there surely?

TBH After finishing 6th for 3 seasons on the trot, not really no.

4th would be an improvement big time.

Gatecrasher
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
TBH After finishing 6th for 3 seasons on the trot, not really no.

4th would be an improvement big time.

its best to keep the feet planted firmly on the ground imo :agree:

poolman
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Miller scored his first goal for Celtic against hearts:thumbsup:

Hang on till ah put these oan :cool2:

mayo hibee
11-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Which means 3 and 5 are still vacant. :hmmm:

its best to keep the feet planted firmly on the ground imo :agree:

Fair enough, but theres no doubt in my mind that we now have comfortably the third best squad of players in the league.

poolman
11-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Loving Yogi's work so far. The amount of times ex managers have talked about trimming the squad and having quality over quantity has been great, but Yogi seems to have been the only one willing to make these decisions:

Out: Mcneil, DVZ, Keenan, Johansson, Chisholm, Deane, Fletcher, Jones, O'Brien, Campbell.

In: Stack, Cregg, McBride, Galbraith, Stokes, Miller.

Early days I know, but the calibre of signing looks top notch (especially the last 2) and the players released (excluding those in bold) weren't contributing enough, or showed enough talent to enhance the squad. Funny how many changes have been made in such a short space of time, but overall the team definately looks to be quality of quantity. Keep it up, Hibs and JH :thumbsup:

Still dont think they are of the calibre of John Collins signings :offski: :greengrin

erskine-hibby
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Quality signing IMHO...now a defender please:agree:

Rasta_Hibs
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I hope the guy can come good for Hibs as if he does then he could be real qaulity in the centre of the park. I hope Yogi can get the gold dust sprinkled on him and get the man enjoying playing football again. I have a feeling he will just do that.

Granted this team is not going to be playing it's best football till later on in the season. I think it will take time to get all the players to gel and the young players like Wotherspoon, McCormack, Hanlon, Galbraith and Bryne gain a bit more exsperience. But when that does happen with the Genuine quality in our team with the likes of Bamba, Zemmama, Murray, Riordan, Stokes, Benji and now Miller then we have a fantastic looking team that really should be able to compete with anyone in thr SPL!?

Ock its good to be a Hibee at the moment and lets hope the results follow.

degenerated
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM

kenny miller could learn a thing or two from that first finish :agree:

hibsbollah
11-09-2009, 07:38 PM

As much as I hate to praise Celtc for anything, the move for that first goal was just superb:agree:

blindsummit
11-09-2009, 07:39 PM

Hear hear! He's done a good job IMHO. Always committed as well.

The Sundance Kid
11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
and another -

"Oh dear.

After hearing about our awful signings from our Gorgie chums I decided to research our neighbours superstar signings.

First and foremost a name we are all familiar with Dawid Kucharski signed from Lech Poznan.

Next up there was Susan signed from La Liga giants Tenerife, although in his last 4 seasons there he was loaned out to 4 different clubs. Atletico Arona from the Tercera Division, Laguna from the same league, San Isidro from the Canary Islands Division and Fuertaventura from Division B Groups 1-4. TBH I can't say I'm familiar with any of these leagues.

Ian Black, a player who finished 2 positions below those "relegation bound tits" Cregg and McBride.

David Witteveen signed from Red Bull Salzburg B Team although again he was loaned out last season to St Andra who he helped get 7th in the Central Austrian Regional League.

Next we have one of the real stars with Ismael Bouzid signed from Ankaragucu who got to the dizzying heights of 13th in the Turkish league last year.

And lest we forget Marius Cinikas loaned from Kaunas.

If only we could make signings like a big team.

Maybe one day. :pray:

poolman
11-09-2009, 07:54 PM
After hearing about our awful signings from our Gorgie chums I decided to research our neighbours superstar signings.

First and foremost a name we are all familiar with Dawid Kucharski signed from Lech Poznan.

Next up there was Susan signed from La Liga giants Tenerife, although in his last 4 seasons there he was loaned out to 4 different clubs. Atletico Arona from the Tercera Division, Laguna from the same league, San Isidro from the Canary Islands Division and Fuertaventura from Division B Groups 1-4. TBH I can't say I'm familiar with any of these leagues.

Ian Black, a player who finished 2 positions below those "relegation bound tits" Cregg and McBride.

David Witteveen signed from Red Bull Salzburg B Team although again he was loaned out last season to St Andra who he helped get 7th in the Central Austrian Regional League.

Next we have one of the real stars with Ismael Bouzid signed from Ankaragucu who got to the dizzying heights of 13th in the Turkish league last year.

And lest we forget Marius Cinikas loaned from Kaunas.

If only we could make signings like a big team.

Maybe one day. :pray:

Its obvious your not a footy fan then

Some of the most prestigious eh, eh, eh, thingmys come from there :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
11-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I've already chucked in my tuppence worth on this thread.

Have just had a look on JKB and yet again, their delusion astounds me. So Miller and Stokes were failed EPL players were they? Pray tell what Bouzid, Suso and Witteveen are then? One things for sure, that trio never got anywhere near the EPL.

Quite simply, they should just shut up and not talk about our signings at all, it reeks of jealousy and childish sniping.

It's better to be thought of as an idiot than to speak and prove that you are an idiot.

Insufferable helmets, the lot of them.

hibsbollah
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Have just had a look on JKB and yet again, their delusion astounds me. So Miller and Stokes were failed EPL players were they? Pray tell what Bouzid, Suso and Witteveen are then? One things for sure, that trio never got anywhere near the EPL.

Quite simply, they should just shut up and not talk about our signings at all, it reeks of jealousy and childish sniping.

It's better to be thought of as an idiot than to speak and prove that you are an idiot.

Ive just been on too, for the first time in ages; the bit I liked best was the trumpet who said he hoped 'any hobo reading this thread dies of the anus aids' and then a few posts later bans a Hibs poster for not 'being respectful':rolleyes:

I should really just stay away, its depressingly predictable:bye:

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM

You mean like this?

We have a better manager, better goalkeepers, better defenders and better midfielders. Meaning the only way I can see them finishing above us is if Csaba leaves, and we implode under one of Vlad's puppets.

Ohhh Shauny, when you stuck your drawing pin into a map of Scotland to pick your "team" did you ever plunge it 3 miles in the wrong direction.

Better luck when you choose your next team.

The_Todd
11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Ive just been on too, for the first time in ages; the bit I liked best was the trumpet who said he hoped 'any hobo reading this thread dies of the anus aids' and then a few posts later bans a Hibs poster for not 'being respectful':rolleyes:

Yes, Kickback. The home of grown up debate.

Greenblood70
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
You mean like this?

Ohhh Shauny, when you stuck your drawing pin into a map of Scotland to pick your "team" did you ever plunge it 3 miles in the wrong direction.

Better luck when you choose your next team.

You know there's a part of me that thinks Shaun Lawson is actually Delia Smith. He really spouts that much keech about the game.

He's a spineless know nothing gimp mascot for the assorted racists, bigots and terminally deluded of that cesspit.

NOLA
11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Well done Hibs:thumbsup: at last we are showing some ambition, though it may be a risky signing i think miller realises this is his last chance to establish himself as a 1st team regular and so might give it his best shot i hope!

oldbutdim
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Has he?

I think so.

Pedantic_Hibee
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I think so.

oldbutdim, any news on Moritz Volz, dear chap?

crewetollhibee
11-09-2009, 10:57 PM

I should really just stay away, its depressingly predictable:bye:
Stay away ? Are you serious ?!?! Its 10 times funnier than even the best Morecambe and Wise or Laurel and Hardy repeats !!!:thumbsup:

vincipernoi
11-09-2009, 11:23 PM
aren't youse all grateful that hideous diseases rarely occur because some undistinguished individual wishes them upon you?

a measured response doesnae seem to be the yam poster's strong point

Big90inOz
12-09-2009, 03:01 AM
looking at Millers profile It gives his height as 1.7m, surely not :boo hoo: that would make fom 5'6" in old money....

lapsedhibee
12-09-2009, 05:21 AM

:agree: Jealousy billowing out of a cringingly open chimney over there. :agree:

Steve-O
12-09-2009, 05:40 AM
The Sun ...:rolleyes: there would be more chance of me believing the Fishmonger or the wee burd in Greggs than believing anything that rag prints ..

Hope its true though ..

Ahem :wink::greengrin

matty_f
12-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Ahem :wink::greengrin

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!:greengrin

Hibbyradge
12-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!:greengrin

But if the clock's even slightly wrong, it's never right.

mayo hibee
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
looking at Millers profile It gives his height as 1.7m, surely not :boo hoo: that would make fom 5'6" in old money....

Yup. He's short. 5'7'' I think.

Twa Cairpets
12-09-2009, 07:52 AM
The logical abyss that is Therapist comes out with a belter here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Asj
boo / Therapist.

Are there any signings that the Hobos could make that would make it acceptable for someone on here to say "well, thats a good signing, I wish we had bought them" without instantly, groundlessly and somewhat pathetically being denounced as some Peg-selling infiltrator by you?

Reply from Therapist:

Lionel Messi, Frank Lampard or John Terry. Apart from them, no.

I hate the filthy Leithers and everything connected with them. Always have and always will. Even seeing their name in print makes me want to heave.

sadtom
12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Cant say i've ever been a fan. Never really impressed me.

I have to qualify this in that i never thought the guy was Man u class. All things are relative (as they say at a gorgie wedding) though and the lad certainly has ability. If Yogi can get the best out of him i'm sure that he will be excellent signing for us.
Welcome to the capital Liam.

Woody70x2
12-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the Promise Land Mr Liam Miller :thumbsup:

poolman
12-09-2009, 08:07 AM
The logical abyss that is Therapist comes out with a belter here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Asj
boo / Therapist.

Are there any signings that the Hobos could make that would make it acceptable for someone on here to say "well, thats a good signing, I wish we had bought them" without instantly, groundlessly and somewhat pathetically being denounced as some Peg-selling infiltrator by you?

Reply from Therapist:

Lionel Messi, Frank Lampard or John Terry. Apart from them, no.

I hate the filthy Leithers and everything connected with them. Always have and always will. Even seeing their name in print makes me want to heave.

The Rapist is one seriously deranged psycho :bitchy:

matty_f
12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
The Rapist is one seriously deranged psycho :bitchy:

He's not really - you give him too much credit. :agree:

Like most folk who go to the extremes on the messageboards, I think he just plays up to the character.

Chances are, he's just an average person like the rest of us.

I genuinely think he's only like that because he knows .net users read kickback, and he'll get a wee thrill when he sees his name over here.

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2009, 09:00 AM
He's not really - you give him too much credit. :agree:

Like most folk who go to the extremes on the messageboards, I think he just plays up to the character.

Chances are, he's just an average person like the rest of us.

I genuinely think he's only like that because he knows .net users read kickback, and he'll get a wee thrill when he sees his name over here.

He's a Yam, so I'm sure he's far more average than any of us.

RickyS
12-09-2009, 09:17 AM
He's a Yam, so I'm sure he's far more average than any of us.

:greengrin