PDA

View Full Version : Kenny ****ing Miller

Spike Mandela
09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Nobody can deny his effort and workrate but how many one on one has he missed over the years!!!:grr:

Wonder what George Peat has to say about that miss:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Nobody can deny his effort and workrate but how many one on one has he missed over the years!!!:grr:

Far too many chances have been given to this guy. We need someone that can run about daft but also score a goal every now and again.

I'd have subbed him as soon as he missed the chance.

KiddA
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Awful effort the keepers on the ground and he still saves it. I would have subbed him right then as he is SH##E :grr::grr::grr:

dHFCe
09-09-2009, 07:47 PM
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

:boo hoo:

dHFCe
09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Nearly cost us a goal there:grr::grr::grr:

Gatecrasher
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Miller is nade

dHFCe
09-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm refusing to watch any more Scotland games that Miller plays in!! He's got pace but can't finish, can't pass, has no first touch, no composure the list goes on. Utterly shocking when the rest of the team were playing so well, he cost us. If only we had Boyd or even O'Connor on at the start we might have gone 1-0 up.

Sylar
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
He is pish, but he's not the reason we've failed to qualify.

Add a long list of mediocre ***** which has polluted our recent squads and it's more accurate.

Burley out the door will be the only acceptable consolation I'll take from tonight.

CyberSauzee
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
There was only one Miller in the squad, yet on his back it said 'K Miller'. Can only assume the 'K' stands for Kúnt.

Greenblood70
09-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Hopefully that's his last game for the national side.

It's no use running all day and having a terrific workrate when you squander gilt edged chances at the rate he does. His ball retention is also woeful.

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Utter *****, should have buried his chance in Holland, and should have buried his chances tonight. Nade's pishy brother....

Roll on road to 2014 :yawn:

PISTOL1875
09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Miller is finished ........

hibsbollah
09-09-2009, 08:33 PM
There was only one Miller in the squad, yet on his back it said 'K Miller'. Can only assume the 'K' stands for Kúnt.

:faf:

SRHibs
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
He was magnificent according to the SS Pundits.:faf::faf:

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm refusing to watch any more Scotland games that Miller plays in!! He's got pace but can't finish, can't pass, has no first touch, no composure the list goes on. Utterly shocking when the rest of the team were playing so well, he cost us. If only we had Boyd or even O'Connor on at the start we might have gone 1-0 up.

Boyd would never have moved for it he's to slow..Kenny has been outstanding for Scotland over the yrs. Italy Germany. People forget that yes his touch isn't the best but he tries and has scored a few for Scotland.

He hit the bar ffs very unlucky and yes he should hit it high but credit to the keeper that was a good save. I can name a few players tonight who were gash BROWN is one of them!!! But i won't come on here and say i'll not watch them again if he plays. Get a grip the lot of you!

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Boyd would never have moved for it he's to slow..Kenny has been outstanding for Scotland over the yrs. Italy Germany. People forget that yes his touch isn't the best but he tries and has scored a few for Scotland.

He hit the bar ffs very unlucky and yes he should hit it high but credit to the keeper that was a good save. I can name a few players tonight who were gash BROWN is one of them!!! But i won't come on here and say i'll not watch them again if he plays. Get a grip the lot of you!

Over the years...possibly

This campaign....utter crap

He cant live off goals that happened two campaigns ago.

Bob1875
09-09-2009, 08:42 PM

Nail on head! Nobody mentions millers volley that should never have went near the goal?? Brown was ***** tonight. Where's the 'i want to ride Scotty brown' crew tonight?

Tomsk
09-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Brown was gash! Are you having a laugh?

Leithenhibby

:top marks magic.. or knob perhaps, it's has got to be the end for a lot of those players. We have to start with the youth, Shirley :wink: too many has beens for my liking and I suppose we can start with a new coach. It's all change for me. :cool2:

Thecat23
Over the years...possibly

This campaign....utter crap

He cant live off goals that happened two campaigns ago.

Utter crap? His movement off the ball has been very good he is not an out and out striker! I hear people ripping into the boy but if you watch him he very rarely gives the ball away! You all have your opinion but i think some of the comments on here are truely way off the mark.

richard_pitts
09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
"He cant live off goals that happened two campaigns ago".

:confused: Really? He's been living off six decent months at Hibs for what seems like the best part of a decade now. For someone with little evident delivery he has done remarkably well for himself :grr::bitchy:

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Brown was gash! Are you having a laugh?

Nope why would i be? He was very good on sat. But not tonight.

Spike Mandela
09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Miller is alright playing up in a front two with a goalscorer like Boyd or dare I say it a Riordan but on his own up front a complete waste of space.

Likeable guy but his goalsoring record at all clubs is unspectacular.

SRHibs
Utter crap? His movement off the ball has been very good he is not an out and out striker! I hear people ripping into the boy but if you watch him he very rarely gives the ball away! You all have your opinion but i think some of the comments on here are truely way off the mark.

That's funny, because from where I was watching almost every move broke down due to Miller conceding possession.

Thecat23
Nail on head! Nobody mentions millers volley that should never have went near the goal?? Brown was ***** tonight. Where's the 'i want to ride Scotty brown' crew tonight?

It's good to see someone else thinks this mate. The i love Scott Brown gang will be giving me it tight. I like the boy and think he's a very good player but tonight was not really in it for me.

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
It's good to see someone else thinks this mate. The i love Scott Brown gang will be giving me it tight. I like the boy and think he's a very good player but tonight was not really in it for me.

Brown was missing tonight. Miller was *****e - AGAIN.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Miller is alright playing up in a front two with a goalscorer like Boyd or dare I say it a Riordan but on his own up front a complete waste of space.

Likeable guy but his goalsoring record at all clubs is unspectacular.

This a fair comment, i think he would work well with Riordan mate. But his overall performance for scotland i think is good. He does not deserve the crap thats being said about him on here.

Spike Mandela
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Start your own thread about Brown. I wanted to talk about Miller:bitchy:

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Utter crap, yes. International striker.....who cant score.

Forget his workrate, his movement. As a striker, which is what he is played as, often as a lone target man, he cant take his chances, its not an isolated incident its just lack of talent and cutting edge.

Ray_
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Scotland just like the SPL is poor at the moment, we just aren't producing the players, which is not Millers fault. Nobody will feel worse than him about the miss, but he didn't hide, he gave it his best & of all the Scottish players, Brown was definitely the most disappointing IMHO, even Fletcher put in a shift tonight.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Start your own thread about Brown. I wanted to talk about Miller:bitchy:

I'm happy to speak about Miller but i'm not here to rip the boy that's for sure or any other Scotland player. I can see what some people are saying but to call his p!ss and all that is for me harsh after what he's done in a dark blue top. He gives 110% all the time.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Scotland just like the SPL is poor at the moment, we just aren't producing the players, which is not Millers fault. Nobody will feel worse than him about the miss, but he didn't hide, he gave it his best & of all the Scottish players, Brown was definitely the most disappointing IMHO, even Fletcher put in a shift tonight.

Spot on. :agree:

Ray_
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Forget his workrate, his movement. As a striker, which is what he is played as, often as a lone target man, he cant take his chances, its not an isolated incident its just lack of talent and cutting edge.

Who would you put in, workrate & movement is very important against a team like Holland, its a shame we never got this sort of performance in Norway or Macedonia then tonight would have been academic?

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Who would you put in, workrate & movement is very important against a team like Holland, its a shame we never got this sort of performance in Norway or Macedonia then tonight would have been academic?

Garry O'Connor can run about and that. I'd also fancy him to be able to tap the ball in from 6 yards out as well.

You're right though we blew it in the Norway game at home.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 08:58 PM

Yes as you just said many a game as a lone striker and still scored against 2 of the best teams in the world. Can you tell me another striker who could play that role better and give as much as Kenny does?? If so call Burnley.

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes as you just said many a game as a lone striker and still scored against 2 of the best teams in the world. Can you tell me another striker who could play that role better and give as much as Kenny does?? If so call Burnley.

He's missed sitters against all the top teams in the world as well. We only get the occasional chance in these games and invariably he misses them.

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM

I never doubted the whole campaign has been poor, Norway and Macedonia prime examples. But as far as Miller was concerned, poor stuff. O'Connor could have played over Miller

California-Hibs
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM

I'm with you aswel mate. Alot of people need to get a grip! Miller had a great game tonight! Yes he should have scored the glorious chance, but he gets into these great positions, and ive seen him score great goals before, for Hibs, Rangers and Scotland. He definatly merrits a place in the team. The chance tonight when he hit the bar was brilliant, out of no where, so unlucky!
I'm sorry, but if people cant see how well Scotland played tonight then you really dont know football when you see it. Holland are the THRID best team in the WORLD, and we could/should have beaten them tonight.
Scotlands performance, especially in the first half, made me proud to be Scottish! :agree:

Spike Mandela
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM

So some people say but surely goals are more important. Kenny plays his running game at Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Derby etc and scores 6 or 7 goals a season.

Boyd and Riordan do little running but score 20-30 goals. Maybe it's time for Scotland to have a lazy ******* up font to pick up the few scraps that come along in an international.:dunno:

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
He's missed sitters against all the top teams in the world as well. We only get the occasional chance in these games and invariably he misses them.

Course he does but at least he's getting those chances..Granted he should score more than he does but why rip him? Boyd or anyone else for that matter wouldn't get half the chances he gets because they don't work anywhere near as hard. Maybe Kenny should just walk about the box and hope the ball just falls for him?

PISTOL1875
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM

That's why Brown will toil to make it a top EPL team.. The best players do it on the big stage....

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM

How long ago was that but?

Recent form is what counts and Miller's doesn't cut it.

I haven't got George's number, but if I did i'd probably tell him to check out if Nade's got a Scottish granny.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
So some people say but surely goals are more important. Kenny plays his running game at Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Derby etc and scores 6 or 7 goals a season.

Boyd and Riordan do little running but score 20-30 goals. Maybe it's time for Scotland to have a lazy ******* up font to pick up the few scraps that come along in an international.:dunno:

True, but would we get the chances he get's into though mate? Scotland should try something new and maybe it will work who knows? but this thread is ripping Kenny when for me he has been a very good player for Scotland. That's the joy of football though. Some people see a different game to others so we could be here all night!

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Course he does but at least he's getting those chances..Granted he should score more than he does but why rip him? Boyd or anyone else for that matter wouldn't get half the chances he gets because they don't work anywhere near as hard. Maybe Kenny should just walk about the box and hope the ball just falls for him?

I'd prefer it if he finished the chances he gets rather than miss sitters. In fact I'd rather he wasn't selected in the 1st place. A striker that can't score goals is of no use to me.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
How long ago was that but?

Recent form is what counts and Miller's doesn't cut it.

I haven't got George's number, but if I did i'd probably tell him to check out if Nade's got a Scottish granny.

To be fair that did make me laugh!!:greengrin

But surely you can see my point?

PISTOL1875
09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd prefer it if he finished the chances he gets rather than miss sitters. In fact I'd rather he wasn't selected in the 1st place. A striker that can't score goals is of no use to me.

A striker is judged on his goals and nothing else.. If you don't score then you should be dropped........

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm with you aswel mate. Alot of people need to get a grip! Miller had a great game tonight! Yes he should have scored the glorious chance, but he gets into these great positions, and ive seen him score great goals before, for Hibs, Rangers and Scotland. He definatly merrits a place in the team. The chance tonight when he hit the bar was brilliant, out of no where, so unlucky!
I'm sorry, but if people cant see how well Scotland played tonight then you really dont know football when you see it. Holland are the THRID best team in the WORLD, and we could/should have beaten them tonight.
Scotlands performance, especially in the first half, made me proud to be Scottish! :agree:

Cheers mate, i agree Holland 3rd best team and we ran them right to the end and were very unlucky. As was Kenny i really felt for the boy.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
A striker is judged on his goals and nothing else.. If you don't score then you should be dropped........

Ok so if Stokes doesn't score in the next few games would you drop him knowing he is prob one of the best strikers at the club? Be honest! I know i wouldn't because i know he will score for us. Just as Kenny would for Scotland on another night.

HibeeSince82
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
THink he should call time on his scotland career. Ok he has scored some vital goals for us but he has missed sooo many chances its unreal.

PISTOL1875
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Ok so if Stokes doesn't score in the next few games would you drop him knowing he is prob one of the best strikers at the club? Be honest! I know i wouldn't because i know he will score for us. Just as Kenny would for Scotland on another night.

Yeah I would... He might be the '' best striker '' as you put it but if you aren't putting the ball in the net then you are no good... Change him and give somebody else a go....

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah I would... He might be the '' best striker '' as you put it but if you aren't putting the ball in the net then you are no good... Change him and give somebody else a go....

Fair enough, but dropping Kenny i think would be a mistake still think he has enough to give Scotland to play a few more games yet. Maybe under another manager he might not get picked and some people will get there wish.

benrocky
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Another night is no use it had to be TO-NIGHT .Now we have to wait 5years for the next chance.:yawn:

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Prefer Christian Nade. At least he can finish his dinner.

Thecat23
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Another night is no use it had to be TO-NIGHT .Now we have to wait 5years for the next chance.:yawn:

So everyone, sorry nearly everyone is blaming Kenny for not getting there? What about the rest where were they back in Norway? It's a team game and Scotland can't blame anyone but themselves. I thought we played very well against Holland and also thought Kenny led the line well. It's rubbish we have to wait another 4 years but it will come.

PISTOL1875
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Fair enough, but dropping Kenny i think would be a mistake still think he has enough to give Scotland to play a few more games yet. Maybe under another manager he might not get picked and some people will get there wish.

I don't think so.. He has lost the half yard you need at International Level.. He missed from 4 yards when the goalie was on the deck FFS... It was easier to miss.....:grr::grr::grr::grr:

Spike Mandela
09-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't think so.. He has lost the half yard you need at International Level.. He missed from 4 yards when the goalie was on the deck FFS... It was easier to miss.....:grr::grr::grr::grr:

You might want to edit that:greengrin

benrocky
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
So everyone, sorry nearly everyone is blaming Kenny for not getting there? What about the rest where were they back in Norway? It's a team game and Scotland can't blame anyone but themselves. I thought we played very well against Holland and also thought Kenny led the line well. It's rubbish we have to wait another 4 years but it will come.

Thank god he won't be in the team, as for Grandad Weir ?! as for a few others well whats done is done no need to cry over spilt milk :wink:

lucky
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
KM works hard and runs all night but he is no goal scorer. But who else is there?

Ray_
09-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I never doubted the whole campaign has been poor, Norway and Macedonia prime examples. But as far as Miller was concerned, poor stuff. O'Connor could have played over Miller

O'Connor had quite a spell out injured & he is hardly what you would call prolific.

HibeeSince82
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM

He should have scored tonight. Im partly balming miller for tonight. He just cant take chances!

As for norway its burley and caldwell that has to answer for that. McFadden should have played!

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM
O'Connor had quite a spell out injured & he is hardly what you would call prolific.

True. But is Miller prolific?

woodyhfc4892
09-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Just back from the game and a lot of people on here seem ti bigging up Millers workrate and running but from what ive seen in his last two games for Scotland he doesn't have any of that. Both games he has looked disinterested in the cause and stood still or walked most of the game and never tracked back to get the ball. I personally hope he never gets a game in a Scotland jersey ever again, he is absolutely Nade :brickwall

Ray_
09-09-2009, 09:52 PM
True. But is Miller prolific? So it would hardly make any difference, but at the end Scotland going out of the world cup is not all about Millers miss tonight, it is far more to do with the fact that we are going through a stage where we are not producing the quality of player we once did.

Glasgow Hibee
09-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Thought Miller had a good game tonight and was very unlucky. He had quite a few shots on target and the one off the bar was a great try.

My gripe with this thread though is that lots of people want him to go - but who would you replace him with ! There are not a lot of prolific Scottish players about (and the one we do have - Boyd - doesn't want to play !). I'll be happy to see the back of Miller if Gary O and Steven Fletcher score 10 or more in the premiership but till then I think we have to make the most of what we have - which is not much!

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Thought Miller had a good game tonight and was very unlucky. He had quite a few shots on target and the one off the bar was a great try.

My gripe with this thread though is that lots of people want him to go - but who would you replace him with ! There are not a lot of prolific Scottish players about (and the one we do have - Boyd - doesn't want to play !). I'll be happy to see the back of Miller if Gary O and Steven Fletcher score 10 or more in the premiership but till then I think we have to make the most of what we have - which is not much!

Miller wouldn't score 10 in the Premiership though so how's he better than them?

the_ginger_hibee
09-09-2009, 09:58 PM
So it would hardly make any difference, but at the end Scotland going out of the world cup is not all about Millers miss tonight, it is far more to do with the fact that we are going through a stage where we are not producing the quality of player we once did.

Of course. The whole things a farse, top to bottom. My point was however we cant continue with such a poor striker.

ancient hibee
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Just back from the game and a lot of people on here seem ti bigging up Millers workrate and running but from what ive seen in his last two games for Scotland he doesn't have any of that. Both games he has looked disinterested in the cause and stood still or walked most of the game and never tracked back to get the ball. I personally hope he never gets a game in a Scotland jersey ever again, he is absolutely Nade :brickwall
Do you actually know what he looks like?

Mon Dieu4
09-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Miller never scored 10 in the Premiership either, In fact he has only scored about 50 goals in total at all his combined Scottish teams including Stenhousemuir. (plus a further 50 for Wolves)

Riordan, Fletcher, etc and even Colin Nish have a better record in Scotland than him

Not having a go at you I just dont like Kenny Miller:faf:

woodyhfc4892
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Do you actually know what he looks like?

Yes, the wee *****e baldy player upfront :) Miller was absolutely awful and times he could have gone for the ball he never, he didn't look interested at all

woody47
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Just back and HE'S F 'IN SH ITE.

Should never get near a scotland cap again.

Hope to ferk he goes along with the to££er of a manager. :grr::grr:

Glasgow Hibee
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Miller wouldn't score 10 in the Premiership though so how's he better than them?

But prior to this campaign he had a good scoring rate for Scotland and during most of this campaign Gary O wasn't getting a game with Birmingham and Fletch wasn't scoring that freely in the SPL!

ancient hibee
09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes, the wee *****e baldy player upfront :) Miller was absolutely awful and times he could have gone for the ball he never, he didn't look interested at all
Miller is a poor finisher but I just wonder what you were watching -he was hardly ever off the ball and covered ground all night-he can be accused of lots of things but certainly none of the faults that you mention.

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
But prior to this campaign he had a good scoring rate for Scotland and during most of this campaign Gary O wasn't getting a game with Birmingham and Fletch wasn't scoring that freely in the SPL!

He had a run of 3 or 4 games where he scored a few goals - I don't know how that's made his record look. He's been murder for years - I remember him having a great chance in the San Siro and he blew it - I think that was in the last WC qualifiers. He's been blowing chances for longer than he's been scoring them.

Glasgow Hibee
09-09-2009, 10:14 PM
He had a run of 3 or 4 games where he scored a few goals - I don't know how that's made his record look. He's been murder for years - I remember him having a great chance in the San Siro and he blew it - I think that was in the last WC qualifiers. He's been blowing chances for longer than he's been scoring them.

So who would you replace him with ?

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
So who would you replace him with ?

In no particular order...
Garry O'Connor
Steven Fetcher
David Clarkson
Derek Riordan
James McFadden

Glasgow Hibee
09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
In no particular order...
Garry O'Connor
Steven Fetcher
David Clarkson
Derek Riordan
James McFadden

McFadden would have played if he wasn't suspended. Steven Fletcher I'll give you - I would probably have played him too. But the rest ! Pish.

Neither Gary or Deek play the sort of game to play up front on there own and Clarkson's done the square route of F all in top class football.

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2009, 10:32 PM
McFadden would have played if he wasn't suspended. Steven Fletcher I'll give you - I would probably have played him too. But the rest ! Pish.

Neither Gary or Deek play the sort of game to play up front on there own and Clarkson's done the square route of F all in top class football.

Same as Miller then!

GOC could play up top on his own and maybe score a goal now and again as well but part of the problem is we've been brain-washed into thinking we need to play one up front on his own and all he needs to do is run around like a headless chicken. Let's play 2 up!

Glasgow Hibee
09-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Neither has Miller!

GOC could play up top on his own and maybe score a goal now and again as well but part of the problem is we've been brain-washed into thinking we need to play one up front on his own and all he needs to do is run around like a headless chicken. Let's play 2 up!

Lets agree to disagree - I'm knackered and have an early start :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
That far out from goal, any professional footballer, wait, anybody including the pet ****ing dog should be smashing the net.

He hasn't scored this campaign. That is the bottom line. 0-0 in Netherlands and he fannies a glorious opportunity. 0-0 tonight and the exact same. 8 games. No goals.

He has had enough chances. There are no excuses for his misses, he is simply not good enough.

However, It's a shame the only person to realise the real exact problem with how Scottish football is being run was a dutchman sitting beside Jim White in the SS box, no one at the SFA has a clue what to do and are happy to pick up the big fat checks while Scottish football falls further and further behind the rest of the world.

GhostofBolivar
10-09-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm sick to death of watching Kenny Miller play.

Every single game he plays for Scotland, he gets a glorious chance and then ****s the bed. The last three games he's had four great chances to score and missed them all. Badly. How many times are we going to go into a game we have to win with a guy who can't put the ball in the net playing alone up front???

11 goals in 45 games. 2 in 3 years. None in the last 18 months. How we ever managed to persuade Rangers to pay £2.5m for him is beyond me.

Nando™
10-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Cannae be arsed reading the thread...

Should have scored, no doubt.

Still, 2.5m, mon the Kenny.

J-C
10-09-2009, 05:48 AM
What I'd like to is, what the hell happened to the goal scorer that was Kenny Miller that played for Hibs :confused:

He's gone from being a natural scorer to just being a target man who runs around a lot.

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm sick to death of watching Kenny Miller play.

Every single game he plays for Scotland, he gets a glorious chance and then ****s the bed. The last three games he's had four great chances to score and missed them all. Badly. How many times are we going to go into a game we have to win with a guy who can't put the ball in the net playing alone up front???

11 goals in 45 games. 2 in 3 years. None in the last 18 months. How we ever managed to persuade Rangers to pay £2.5m for him is beyond me.

:top marks

He had potential, they didn't give him a chance to develop. He scored 5 against St Mirren then the winner the following Tuesday in the CL (away to Monaco?) then they dropped him. They ruined him.

What I'd like to is, what the hell happened to the goal scorer that was Kenny Miller that played for Hibs :confused:

He's gone from being a natural scorer to just being a target man who runs around a lot.

:agree: Watch the you tube video of the millennium derby - he strokes the 3rd past Niemi as if he isn't there. What a waste of talent.

Part/Time Supporter
10-09-2009, 09:13 AM

He wasn't that prolific really (12 goals in 29 starts). The only period in his career where he scored consistently was for Stenhousemuir! The Huns were "buying potential", so to speak. They landed on their feet when Wolves paid £3M for him 18 months later.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13523