PDA

View Full Version : SPL Mascots

Groovee
09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Our 9 year old has been picked to be the mascot at the St Johnstone Game on the 9th. We've never had anything like this before, can anyone tell us how things will go and where our seats may be and can we take pictures and video footage?

we're all very excited as a family to be going.

MSK
09-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Our 9 year old has been picked to be the mascot at the St Johnstone Game on the 9th. We've never had anything like this before, can anyone tell us how things will go and where our seats may be and can we take pictures and video footage?

we're all very excited as a family to be going.Welcome to hibs.net ...:thumbsup:

My wee Nephew was mascot a while back & although i wasnt with him i saw his pics...he was in the changing room etc & met all the players & management, got autographs, pics etc ..a fantastic time for the wee man...im sure your kid will savour every minute...:thumbsup:

HIBERNIALEITH
09-09-2009, 05:07 PM
My daughter was a mascot at the Hibs v Rangers game last May and she loved it so much she wanted to do it everytime Hibs played. She received a stud from Barry Fergusons' boot :confused:! A pound coin from the referee, Callum Murray and a medallion from the 4th official!

Your kid will need his own strip as they don't supply one. You turn up at the stated time and Sue McLernon meets you in the foyer where she then takes you down to the dressing room, this was where we met Mixu. Then we saw where the players are interviewed after the game (you'll get a shock at that one!) Then it was time to run out on to the pitch! My friend, who was with me had already taken her seat so she took photos of the runout, then I came out the tunnel after the teams and managed a couple of pics then! We sat behind the dugouts but quite far up the bottom tier.

After the game we waited in the foyer for the players to come out and we got autographs all over her top and also piccys taken with the players!

Unfortunately the result was 0-0 but it didn't put a dampner on the day!

Hope you enjoy it!

Groovee
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks. We'd bought our son the Hibee his new strip but our daughter who is the mascot never wanted one at the time so now we have to get her one. :rolleyes: The arguement about the name on the back has commenced lol.

I'll probably be in the seat with our son as he's 6 but it's great that he can participate a bit too. To think this was the child who had a tantrum when dad bought her membership as she didn't want to be a hibs kid. Now she's bragging and winding up the Jambo's.

Lmc2105
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks. We'd bought our son the Hibee his new strip but our daughter who is the mascot never wanted one at the time so now we have to get her one. :rolleyes: The arguement about the name on the back has commenced lol.

I'll probably be in the seat with our son as he's 6 but it's great that he can participate a bit too. To think this was the child who had a tantrum when dad bought her membership as she didn't want to be a hibs kid. Now she's bragging and winding up the Jambo's.

you could have not asked for a better daughter :thumbsup:

Groovee
11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
She loved winding up the childminders son. None of us have told my brother as I think he may blow up at me with him being a staunch jambo.

WestSideHibby
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM

Why not ask nicely if they both can be mascots? If you don't ask...