PDA

View Full Version : Internationals

Antifa Hibs
09-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Can't wait for it all to be over so we can get back to the real fitba'. 12 threads on page 1 all to do with Scotland/WCQ.

And before you willie wallaces have a go at me, i'm talking about all international footy, not just scotland :wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
09-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Can't wait for it all to be over so we can get back to the real fitba'. 12 threads on page 1 all to do with Scotland/WCQ.

And before you willie wallaces have a go at me, i'm talking about all international footy, not just scotland :wink:

Freedom ya bas!!!

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM

With you 100%. This tedious nonsense is really wearing on a Hibernian site.

YehButNoBut
I preferrred when they just played international games in midweek only.

Weekends are not the same when there is no club football. :agree:

Thecat23
I'm prob going to get it tight for this but i for one don't give two hoots about Scotland. I feel under the current management it's dire and that goes for the SFA as well. There has to be a huge shake up in the Scottish game from top right through to Grass roots.

I feel that with Smith in charge we just don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Also Burley is not the man for the job. I'm not 100% sure who would be but i know it's not him. I'm hoping that we don't make it and things get changed fast. Then we can start building a team for the future with more young talent being brought in. Callum Davidson ffs!! Imagine if we did get through we would be gubbed by the likes of Brazil or anyone with flare as our defence is so slow. Plus i hate the scottish media and all the braveheart gash. Then they slag them off a day later if they get beat! Can they patronise us anymore??

Anyway that's off my chest so feel free to have a go!! :duck:

Baldy Foghorn
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Agreed Antifa..... Can't wait until Internationals are finished.... I hate the weekend breaks without the Cabbage............

Expecting Rain
09-09-2009, 11:17 AM

I`m with you on this, internationals are usually only interesting in the latter stages of tournaments,in saying that at least Scotland v Holland is quite a bit above the average fixture and the chance to see a good team.

Perspective
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm more concerned about the OP's use of the word 'footy'.

That's up there with music being played after goals scored in the pet hates list.

Ants
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Simples....

Create a link/branch/forum for International Football off the main Hibs.net Forum.

hibs1875aye
09-09-2009, 11:22 AM

YOUR nonsense is really wearing on ANY site. Who gives you the right to say what goes and doesn't go on a "Hibernian" site?

Unless you own the site and make the rules, you really ought to learn to let others have their say.

As for the thread and everyone else, you are all entitled to that opinion. I personally cannot wait til the weekend rolls around too but meantime, instead of watching crap on the telly, I'll support my national side and enjoy football which, whilst not Hibs, is better than the crap served up by BBC1, STV and everything else of an evening.:agree:

banarc7062
09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm prob going to get it tight for this but i for one don't give two hoots about Scotland. I feel under the current management it's dire and that goes for the SFA as well. There has to be a huge shake up in the Scottish game from top right through to Grass roots.

I feel that with Smith in charge we just don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Also Burley is not the man for the job. I'm not 100% sure who would be but i know it's not him. I'm hoping that we don't make it and things get changed fast. Then we can start building a team for the future with more young talent being brought in. Callum Davidson ffs!! Imagine if we did get through we would be gubbed by the likes of Brazil or anyone with flare as our defence is so slow. Plus i hate the scottish media and all the braveheart gash. Then they slag them off a day later if they get beat! Can they patronise us anymore??

Anyway that's off my chest so feel free to have a go!! :duck:

I will echo these sentiments.

Saorsa
09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
With you 100%. This tedious nonsense is really wearing on a Hibernian site.Does that include the threads you start at the time of every Scotland game :yawn:

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
YOUR nonsense is really wearing on ANY site. Who gives you the right to say what goes and doesn't go on a "Hibernian" site?

Unless you own the site and make the rules, you really ought to learn to let others have their say.

As for the thread and everyone else, you are all entitled to that opinion. I personally cannot wait til the weekend rolls around too but meantime, instead of watching crap on the telly, I'll support my national side and enjoy football which, whilst not Hibs, is better than the crap served up by BBC1, STV and everything else of an evening.:agree:

Not trying to say what should and shouldn't go onto a site, just stressing my personal opinion that I personally find it a tiresome bore, which, by your logic (and you are correct) I'm prefectly entitled to do. So why the vitriol?

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Does that include the threads you start at the time of every Scotland game :yawn:

Undoubtedly yes, in the minds of many on this site.

Saorsa
09-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Undoubtedly yes, in the minds of many on this site.Well why add tae them? and why read them if yer no interested?

It's fairly obvious from most thread titles what the content is, if the subject is of nae interest tae folk why do they bother tae read it and then follow it by complaing about it, just ignore the threads, simple really.

iwasthere1972
09-09-2009, 01:03 PM

So why start another one then. :confused:

Gatecrasher
09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
real football back this weekend :greengrin:thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
09-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Is the twelve threads including yours or have you made it 13:wink:

Golden Bear
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
The truth is that there is very little news emanating on the Club scene this week and the Internationals have grabbed the spotlight in the press.

Normality will be restored shortly but in the meantime:- C'mon you Scots get stuck right in to these arrogant prima donnas

:saltireflag

Leith Green
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM

:agree:

Golden Bear
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Aw diddums.

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Well why add tae them? and why read them if yer no interested?

It's fairly obvious from most thread titles what the content is, if the subject is of nae interest tae folk why do they bother tae read it and then follow it by complaing about it, just ignore the threads, simple really.

I generally do, but I have to confess that I quite enjoy some of the posts (not by any means the majority) on these issues. It's great that some people still have this tremendous passion for and belief in the Scottish national team. Because I don't, it just doesn't float my boat for reasons which I've gone into many times, it doesn't mean that I can't admire it in others - even if that means having a light-hearted laugh with them.

I treat the Scotland threads in the same way I do the non-Hibs stuff on the other Hibs.net boards. I might not be particular interested in the topic, but I'm willing to tune in and have those prejudices either confirmed or confronted and upturned by those who have a different take on things.

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm more concerned about the OP's use of the word 'footy'.

That's up there with music being played after goals scored in the pet hates list.

I cringe every time I hear that word spill from someone's mouth.

(Cue: 'aw diddums', 'poor you', 'get over it' etc...but I don't think I can!)

hibsdaft
09-09-2009, 02:22 PM
has there always been this winging about international football?

the World Cup is the pinnacle of the game. international football is the only top level footablling arena which hasn't been totally distorted and corrupted by TV money. you can't buy the World Cup, or even World Cup qualification.

i fear we're seeing a decline in the importance of international football though, with people and players caring more for their clubs than their national team. i understand why greedy selfish players are going that way, with their early retirements, "injuries" etc these days, but not fans.

i can only think that its just another symptom of the general decline of the Nation State, another result of globalisation imo.

Sean1875
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Simples....

Create a link/branch/forum for International Football off the main Hibs.net Forum.
good shout :agree:

iwasthere1972
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Simples....

:soapbox: Can't recall anyone suggesting moving all the Hearts threads to a it's own forum so why move Scotland threads? It would appear that it is only the minority who can't be bothered with the national team so don't see what the problem is. Read the thread headline and if it's got the offending word "Scotland" mentioned then don't read. Simples. :agree:

C'mon Scotland. :thumbsup:

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

Sean1875
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
:soapbox: Can't recall anyone suggesting moving all the Hearts threads to a it's own forum so why move Scotland threads? It would appear that it is only the minority who can't be bothered with the national team so don't see what the problem is. Read the thread headline and if it's got the offending word "Scotland" mentioned then don't read. Simples. :agree:

well have an internationals forum then where its purely for discussing international football, not solely about Scotland...

Saorsa
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Simples....

Create a link/branch/forum for International Football off the main Hibs.net Forum.Should we have a separate forum for every subject just in case somebody disnae like it? I cannae be bothered when the main board is completely littered with threads about the manky maroon mob, shall we separate them?

or maybe folk could just no read things that dinnae interest them, simpler?

Ants
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM

I am not just on about Scotland, it would be an International football folder.

I do read the Scotland threads and I would not mind if they were moved, just another few clicks to locate them...