PDA

View Full Version : Rivals4Charity - Hibs Fans v Hearts Fans

Rivals
08-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Scott Moncrieff and I run the very successful Edinburgh Charity Game. The Edinburgh Charity Game is a annual charity match between Hearts and Hibs fans which to date has raised over £40,000 for local charities.

The event has been so successful I have spoken to many clubs around the UK with a view of expanding the idea.

We aim to get a squad together from each club, but don't worry the whole idea behind the concept is to keep it at an amateur level in order to allow normal fans like you and I to be involved.

Please have a look at our website to see what we have done to date. If you could also sign up at the JOIN US section as well that way you will receive all the latest information regarding the game in 2010 and the way you can get involved.
www.rivals4charity.co.uk

Any questions please drop me an email or reply to my post and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Thanks
Scott Moncrieff
(scott.moncrieff@rivals4charity.co.uk)

Rivals
10-09-2009, 10:25 PM
bump.

Come on everyone, get yourself over to the website and register. The more the merrier :wink:

Rivals
12-09-2009, 02:31 PM
a wee bump to get more people registered, particularly the people who have been involved in the Edinburgh Charity Games in previous years

Mister P
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
yup guys we are now planning the 2010 event and need as many hibbies to register as possible. that way we can send out the email when the time comes for players to be invited along for trials and training.

so comin folks get yersels registered:wink:

Rivals
13-09-2009, 09:21 PM
yup guys we are now planning the 2010 event and need as many hibbies to register as possible. that way we can send out the email when the time comes for players to be invited along for trials and training.

so comin folks get yersels registered:wink:

Cheers John, come on guys get yourself signed up for all the latest info and updates

Rivals
17-09-2009, 10:44 PM
bump for Friday

Rivals
19-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Weekend bump

Rivals
23-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, obviously we are looking for as many people as possible to sign up at the website.

Also, can I ask what peoples thoughts are on the Edinburgh Charity Game, the new name, new website and ideas for future events?

Rivals
25-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, obviously we are looking for as many people as possible to sign up at the website.

Also, can I ask what peoples thoughts are on the Edinburgh Charity Game, the new name, new website and ideas for future events?

Weekend bump.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Aldo
25-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Defo worthwhile guys. Get signed up. Can I say the experience of beating them at the PBS is unbelievable o and the party afterwards and the very siar heed the next day.

Go on you know you want to.:thumbsup:

Ps the most important thing is getting together for the good cause we will be sponsoring this year

Mister P
25-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Aldo, it is indeed for a very worthy cause.

But at the end of the day I'm sure you'll agree that when you run onto that pitch....the charititable cuase fades for that 90 minutes and it is pure blood and guts Hibs v Hearts rivalry.

this is a no bull***** game folks, only the most commited and determined players can make it through the trials.

the training is immense
the game play is worked out to every minute detail
the sense of cammeraderie is incredible with your fellow Hibbies.

age limit is 16-60, no-one is considdered too young or too old. Infact, the hero of the 2009 game was our keeper aged 50+ (sorry Geoff:wink:)

for the 2010 game we have a full set of strips donated by Hibernian themselves, somehting we've never managed to get so far.

cmon guys, get yersels signed up.

although it is an amature game, we accomodate a max of 2 players per squad of junior/senior level so we're looking for players of all levels to apply.

we've currently won 3 out of 4 contests and desprately want to continue that trend.

GLORG GLORY.....lets do it again.