PDA

View Full Version : SC Semi Final replay v Rangers 1972

Argylehibby
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Colleague at work (who supported the wrong team in this match) claims that in the replay Hibs wore black shorts, can anyone confirm this is true? Any detail on the game much appreciated especially the scorers.

Cheers

hibee_nation
08-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Could be wrong but i think we won 1 nil John Brownlie scoring and had white shorts as usual.
As viewed from the tic end he strolled past 3 players and scored infront of their fans.

Ray_
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Could be wrong but i think we won 1 nil John Brownlie scoring and had white shorts as usual.
As viewed from the tic end he strolled past 3 players and scored infront of their fans.

That was the league cup semi, the score in the SC semi replay was 2-0 watched by about a 67k crowd, there was about 78k at the first game. Can't remember any black shorts, in fact there wasn't, I worked in Frederick Street in them days & there was some press photo's of the goals in a shop opposite where I worked & I looked at it every day, def no black shorts. I remember John Hazel played a blinder in the number nine shirt.

Purple & Green
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
24th April 1972 Scottish Cup SF
N (Hampden) Rangers W 2 0
Attendance: 57645

Team: J Herriot, J Brownlie, E Schaedler, P Stanton, J Black, J Blackley, A Edwards, J Hazel, A Gordon, J O' Rourke, A Duncan

Scorers: P Stanton & A Edwards

Argylehibby
08-09-2009, 10:14 PM
thanks guys, like his team on the night he got nothing right!

johnrebus
08-09-2009, 10:34 PM
No black shorts in this game.

The only time I can recall us wearing black shorts was away to Bristol City in the Anglo Scottish Cup ( lost 3-5 )

:greengrin