PDA

View Full Version : new year, no bamba

brydekirk
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
bamba playing in african nations for a month from begining of january.:grr:
bad timming. do we have good enough cover ?

ColinP
08-09-2009, 08:18 PM
surely not the end of the world.... this problem will never go away, as many squads are affected by it, can only be sorted by a signing or two in Jan!

ColinP

NOLA
08-09-2009, 08:22 PM
hughes should surely have known this was going to happen as i think that most of us knew it as said on an earlier thread

PerthHibby
08-09-2009, 09:54 PM
He will probably be due a suspension by then.:wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-09-2009, 10:00 PM
bamba playing in african nations for a month from begining of january.:grr:
bad timming. do we have good enough cover ?

Barr :wink:

Billychaotic182
08-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Good luck Bamba!

Plus Barr will fit right in now :devil:

ScottB
08-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Considering everyones been on about him playing in the world cup, it's surprising that it's taken till now for folk to twig about the African Nations Cup.

Losing him will be a blow, but it will be in January, meaning bringing someone else in should be doable, hopefully Barr or even one of those young Arsenal defenders on loan that were mentioned.

crewetollhibee
09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
I always hate it when Wenger and Chelsea (Grant and Mourinho) moan about the loss of players to the African Nations Cup , a tournament incidentally that pre-dates our European Championships. They signed high profile players who were certain picks for their nations when the tournament came round, yet almost questioned the player's commitment to their clubs. Granted Sol has made a late charge into his countries squad but I hope Yogi doesn't go down that road. After all he was quoted earlier this week saying he wants more internationalists coming out of ER.

jacomo
09-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I always hate it when Wenger and Chelsea (Grant and Mourinho) moan about the loss of players to the African Nations Cup , a tournament incidentally that pre-dates our European Championships. They signed high profile players who were certain picks for their nations when the tournament came round, yet almost questioned the player's commitment to their clubs. Granted Sol has made a late charge into his countries squad but I hope Yogi doesn't go down that road. After all he was quoted earlier this week saying he wants more internationalists coming out of ER.

:agree:

Good luck to Sol if he plays in the African Nations Cup - will be great for his career, and will raise our club's profile.

MyJo
09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
what's the situation with Morocco?? Are we likely to lose Zouma and Benji in january as well?

Gingertosser
09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
The groups are made up of teams of 4

The top 3 teams go to the African Nations Cup

The top team in each group goes to the World Cup, currently only Ghana are gauranteed, although Ivory Coast only need 1 more point.

Morroco are bottom of their group, so definately no world cup, but a slim chance of making African Nations Cup.

Andy74
09-09-2009, 10:09 AM
We've done fine in the past with Murray and Thicot so any combination including them, Hogg and McCormack or Hanlon would see us through a few weeks I'm sure, even if we signed no-one else.

Expecting Rain
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Better get used to it Bamba will unfortunately pick up a few booking and suspensions down to the way he plays and the incompetence of those that masquerade as refs up here.

YehButNoBut
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Sky Sports News reporting that Bamba is doubtful for Sunday with a knee injury.

Mon Dieu4
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
If he does well in the African cup of nations & the World Cup, we could be in for a decent windfall when he goes :agree:

EH6 Hibby
11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
He will probably be due a suspension by then.:wink:

How would that work if he was due to be suspended? Would the matches he was away for count? :confused:

Peevemor
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
How would that work if he was due to be suspended? Would the matches he was away for count? :confused:

Yes.