PDA

View Full Version : Gary Smith

holyrood hibbie
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I was walkign to school this morning and me n mate walked by this guy walking by with his bike. Me and my mate were arguing about his ex using him lol. We turned around to move for a cyclist and saw Gary Smith. I turned around and said thats Gary smith, he went awrite lad. I was shocked as he's a hero and he was an idol to me playing at RB, same posistion as me. TBH he looked fit as ever and hasn't aged at all. Just to lets use all know the good news on Smith.

jae
08-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I was walkign to school this morning and me n mate walked by this guy walking by with his bike. Me and my mate were arguing about his ex using him lol. We turned around to move for a cyclist and saw Gary Smith. I turned around and said thats Gary smith, he went awrite lad. I was shocked as he's a hero and he was an idol to me playing at RB, same posistion as me. TBH he looked fit as ever and hasn't aged at all. Just to lets use all know the good news on Smith.

Who was the manager that told Gary to get on his bike?

That certainly was good news. :wink:

1two
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Who was the manager that told Gary to get on his bike?

That certainly was good news. :wink:

Must have been the same manager who played him in the wrong position, I thought GS was a centre half?:wink:

lyonhibs
08-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Gary Smith at right back??? There's a scary thought

He played predominately in a back 3 with Sauzee and Fenwick. Ergo not at right back?? :confused:

Sure you don't mean Tom Smith??

holyrood hibbie
08-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I always thought he played on the right but anyway still huge insperation

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Has to be fit in the Fire Brigade :agree:

Storar
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM
He played right back alot during the Williamson era with Doumbe and Murdock at centre half

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Murdock at centre half

Thanks for that. :bitchy:

I'll not sleep tonight.

speedy_gonzales
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Heard he was playing in goal at the weekend for this porty festival thingy-me-bob?!?

GC
08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Smith was a good solid player for us. Always liked him.

Broken Gnome
08-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Could maybe have asked him quite why he saw fit to round off the most disastrous 15 minute spell in the history of football by getting himself sent off at Tynecastle....

... apart from that, perfectly good Hibs servant :agree:

Sloppy
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
baptie :faf:

i went on holiday with him to florida not that long ago, he coahces my wee brothers football team, and he is now a fireman

Delboy*
08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Has to be fit in the Fire Brigade :agree:

Yup, he works beside my mate, saving wee kittens from trees!

I remember not being overly impressed wi him at Hibs until i got a ticket for ER where i was sat looking right along our back line. His movement and positioning was tremendous.

Great lad too:agree:

Sloppy
08-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Yup, he works beside my mate, saving wee kittens from trees!

I remember not being overly impressed wi him at Hibs until i got a ticket for ER where i was sat looking right along our back line. His movement and positioning was tremendous.

Great lad too:agree:

wait till him theres a forum on hibs.net about him:faf:

givescotlandfreedom
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I like Gary Smith.H e was a good solid player for Hibs and despite coming from the West and playing for a few clubs brings his boys up as Hibees!

Billychaotic182
09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I like Gary Smith.H e was a good solid player for Hibs and despite coming from the West and playing for a few clubs brings his boys up as Hibees!

Yeah my sister met him at butlins a few month back and got him to sign her hibs top. She said his little boy had the full kit on with Smith 2 on the back. She also said that he told her his little boy is a right back lol

RIP
09-09-2009, 05:42 AM
His son was at Towerbank School with my Cammy and he was a weel kent face about Porty.

Very well liked and as big a football fan as he was a player now coach

Think he was involved with Keith Wright in the Fitba school at the Pitz

rainman
09-09-2009, 06:11 AM

:thumbsup:

That is great news!! :agree:

Thanks!

aljo7-0
09-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Always found it very funny that his wee boy insisted on having Colgan on the back of his Hibs top as Nick Colgan was his favourite player even when Gary was still playing himself!

Ritchie
09-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Gary Smith would feature in my best hibs 11 (of my lifetime)

he was always solid and IMO undervalued during his time at hibs.

100% leg-end :agree:

ahibby
09-09-2009, 08:15 AM
He was a decent player for us. Some of his not so good games could be put down to Bobby Williamsons (nice man though) poor tactics.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Under AMcL all our attacks started with Colgan rolling out the ball to Smith, and then us building slowly from the back. In terms of value, one of Hibs best signings in recent years.

Golden Bear
09-09-2009, 11:56 AM

:agree:

And much maligned by many for reasons I never quite understood.

Peevemor
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM

:agree:

And much maligned by many for reasons I never quite understood.

:agree: I'm surprised no-one's has mentioned that he was always one of the coolest, most focused players on the pitch.

There was one match at Ibrox where an aggravated hun player (can't remember who) grabbed his face an jerked it to one side. Smith didn't react at all but didn't back down either, he just eyeballed the guy.

KeithTheHibby
09-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Gary Smith would feature in my best hibs 11 (of my lifetime)

he was always solid and IMO undervalued during his time at hibs.

100% leg-end :agree:

Yep, adopted Hibby is oor Smudger!