PDA

View Full Version : How long is Wotherspoon's contract?

hibs0666
08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone know?

Craig_in_Prague
08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Same as everyone elses.
A4.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Same as everyone elses.
A4.

I'm sure Nade's is A3

Jonnyboy
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sure Nade's is A3

Nah, he has a blanket agreement :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Nah, he has a blanket agreement :greengrin

No I'm sure I heard it was a Swiss-rolling-contract :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 01:31 PM
No I'm sure I heard it was a Swiss-rolling-contract :greengrin

:faf::top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Back to the OP - would there be much (any?) difference between the contracts offered to the promoted under 19 lads?

Looks like they are easily broken if you consider Deane...

hibs0666
08-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Back to the OP - would there be much (any?) difference between the contracts offered to the promoted under 19 lads?

Looks like they are easily broken if you consider Deane...

Ignoring the posts of pish above :wink: I was wondering if Wotherspoon is on a Brown or Thomson-type type of deal that ties him to the club for 3+ years.

Jonnyboy
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Ignoring the posts of pish above :wink: I was wondering if Wotherspoon is on a Brown or Thomson-type type of deal that ties him to the club for 3+ years.

My guess and it is only a guess is that the deal will be two years max. Can't see the club handing out 3+ years contracts to kids that may or may not make the grade J :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Based on his performances this season so far, I am guessing that his contract is not long enough.

Andy74
08-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Based on his performances this season so far, I am guessing that his contract is not long enough.

Let's relax. 3 years ago we might have been stressing about how long Lewis Stevenson's contract was!

maturehibby
08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Saw him on HIbs TV today and was impressed with his manner and demeanor as he was interviewed and asnwered with clarity and gave some excellent answers to the questions and was glad to hear we took him away from Darkheid after they had pinched him from St Johnstone as a 12 year old .
He recognised that he was not going to get recognised and played at the Smellies and asked Alister Stevenson who he had worked with at the Sainties if he could come to ER and it shows that the young man was forward thinking and it has worked out so far for him as he makes his way as a professional footballer.
Long may this young man progress at ER

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Saw him on HIbs TV today and was impressed with his manner and demeanor as he was interviewed and asnwered with clarity and gave some excellent answers to the questions and was glad to hear we took him away from Darkheid after they had pinched him from St Johnstone as a 12 year old .
He recognised that he was not going to get recognised and played at the Smellies and asked Alister Stevenson who he had worked with at the Sainties if he could come to ER and it shows that the young man was forward thinking and it has worked out so far for him as he makes his way as a professional footballer.
Long may this young man progress at ER

Yes, I'd sentence him to a five-year-deal right now. If he was playing for the Huns or Smeltic (which he wouldn't as he'd never be given a chance) the media-led clamour to have him shoed in against the Dutch would be deafening.

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 05:27 PM
From knowledge of other contracts within the organisation I think they will all have signed 2 year deals with all of them earning much the same.

I think they will have a clause along the lines of once they make 10 first team appearances then their contracts will be renegotiated.

It is at this point they will start to earn different amounts, for example it looks like David Wotherspoon will get a wage rise before Lee Currie and Sean Welsh.

holyrood hibbie
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Think Wotherspoons could be 3 as thats usual for a youth.

As for Nade its pie-a-you play deal

Greenblood70
08-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm finding i'm having to constantly remind myself of Wotherspoon's inexperience and the fact i've probably only see him play 4 or 5 times.

To me he has been one of our top 3 performing players in the opening games this season along with Riordan and Bamba.

Mature's post and that interview to me show's that he's a level headed boy prepared to work very hard and keep his feet on the ground.

A longer contract in his case would be a gamble worth taking if he continues to show his current form up until Xmas imo.

benrocky
08-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm finding i'm having to constantly remind myself of Wotherspoon's inexperience and the fact i've probably only see him play 4 or 5 times.

To me he has been one of our top 3 performing players in the opening games this season along with Riordan and Bamba.

Mature's post and that interview to me show's that he's a level headed boy prepared to work very hard and keep his feet on the ground.

A longer contract in his case would be a gamble worth taking if he continues to show his current form up until Xmas imo.

I think you would have to include McBride & Creggs in the top performers in the opening games as they have worked their socks of in the middle of the park. :thumbsup:

1two
08-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Think Wotherspoons could be 3 as thats usual for a youth.

As for Nade its pie-a-you play deal

:faf: