PDA

View Full Version : Team For Sunday.

007 Mickey Weir
08-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Presuming there will be no signings before the game and with Benji/Zemamma/Bamba away on int duty. (also ramadam)

I think team should be

Stack
McCormack Hogg Murray Hanlon

Wotherspoon McBride Cregg Rankin

Stokes Riordan

Maka
Bamba
Zemamama
Stevenson
Galbraith
Nish
Benji

Thoughts??

Petrie's Tache
08-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Presuming there will be no signings before the game and with Benji/Zemamma/Bamba away on int duty. (also ramadam)

I think team should be

Stack

Stokes Riordan

Maka
Bamba
Zemamama
Stevenson
Galbraith
Nish
Benji

Thoughts??

Mistake number 1:greengrin

GreenOnions
08-09-2009, 07:25 AM

Aaargh! Here we go again - I've got myself all over-excited and will be really disappointed if nothing happens.

Big90inOz
08-09-2009, 09:16 AM

Here we go again......... :greengrin

I just don't understand the delay...... maybe we have our choice of 10 experienced internationals and we are finding it hard to choose the top two :devil:

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 09:22 AM
1 Stack
2 McCormack
3 Hanlon
4 Murray
5 Bamba
6 Wotherspoon
7 Cregg
8 McBride
9 Rankin
10 Stokes
11 Riordan

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 09:27 AM
1 Stack
2 McCormack
3 Hanlon
4 Murray
5 Bamba
6 Wotherspoon
7 Cregg
8 McBride
9 Rankin
10 Stokes
11 Riordan

Are you dropping our captain to the bench four games into the new season?

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Are you dropping our captain to the bench four games into the new season?

Yip, I'm picking what i think is our strongest side.:confused:

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Yip, I'm picking what i think is our strongest side.:confused:

Would you just cancel his contract and let him sign with someone else as a free agent, or just let him rot in the reserves till the window opens again?

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Would you just cancel his contract and let him sign with someone else as a free agent, or just let him rot in the reserves till the window opens again?

There is no reserve league, did you not know that? I'd let him do what all the other players who are not in the team do. :confused:

RoslinInstHibby
08-09-2009, 10:28 AM

sightly harsh no? Hogg has not had a good start to the season, and TBH he was pretty rank for most of last too. I would also start with Murray, no one is guaranteed a spot remember....

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 10:56 AM
sightly harsh no? Hogg has not had a good start to the season, and TBH he was pretty rank for most of last too. I would also start with Murray, no one is guaranteed a spot remember....

Would you also just cancel his contract and let him sign with someone else as a free agent, or just let him rot in the reserves till the window opens again? Or is that just me?:wink:

Onceinawhile
08-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Stack
Bamba Mcbride wotherspoon
Riordan Nish Stokes

Rankin
Cregg
Benji
Bryne
McCann
Maka
Zemmama

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 11:02 AM
1 Stack
2 McCormack
3 Hanlon
4 Murray
5 Bamba
6 Wotherspoon
7 Cregg
8 McBride
9 Rankin
10 Stokes
11 Riordan

That is the team I would play, I don't think Yogi will drop his captain though.

I said weeks ago he may regret appointing Hogg as captain.

The thing is what does he do if Murray plays and he leaves Hogg in?

1. Play Murray left back and drop Hanlon.
2. Play Murray centre half and either drop Bamba or play him in midfield.
3. Play Murray in midfield and drop a midfielder.

I think Murray should feature somewhere but if Hogg stays in as I expect then somebody is going to get dropped that IMO doesn't deserve it.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 11:10 AM
That is the team I would play, I don't think Yogi will drop his captain though.

I said weeks ago he may regret appointing Hogg as captain.

The thing is what does he do if Murray plays and he leaves Hogg in?

1. Play Murray left back and drop Hanlon.
2. Play Murray centre half and either drop Bamba or play him in midfield.
3. Play Murray in midfield and drop a midfielder.

I think Murray should feature somewhere but if Hogg stays in as I expect then somebody is going to get dropped that IMO doesn't deserve it.

Yes, Murray has to come in, and the only person that should be replaced is Hogg. Bamba has been superb, he is the best centre half we have imho. The midfield seems settled, Zemamma when fit will eventually break in. Hanlon played very well last week and against Falkirk, Yes Hogg is captain, but he is the weakest link, Murray would make the defense stronger, its a no brainer
for me. Yogi has made one difficult decision with the goalkeepers, its time for another John.

GreenPJ
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Is Bamba definitely away for Sunday's game? If so then I would move Hanlon into CH with Hogg and Murray at left back.

As for the goalie I would have Maka back in. Stack has good distribution but if it wasn't for the fact that Samaras has a 50p for a head we would have lost more goals in the first half. His refusal to move off his line the entire game put us under pressure with every cross ball. Whilst Maka is still susceptible for a mistake he does try and command his box and particularly at crosses. Admittedly if Hamilton have tom thumb as their strike force then maybe not as much of an issue but anyone with any height or presence will cause us bother with cross-balls.

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Is Bamba definitely away for Sunday's game? If so then I would move Hanlon into CH with Hogg and Murray at left back.

As for the goalie I would have Maka back in. Stack has good distribution but if it wasn't for the fact that Samaras has a 50p for a head we would have lost more goals in the first half. His refusal to move off his line the entire game put us under pressure with every cross ball. Whilst Maka is still susceptible for a mistake he does try and command his box and particularly at crosses. Admittedly if Hamilton have tom thumb as their strike force then maybe not as much of an issue but anyone with any height or presence will cause us bother with cross-balls.

Bamba should be back for Sunday.

Dinkydoo
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
If all fit:

------------------Stack-----------

wotherspoon--Murray---Hogg-----Hanlon

Zuma------------Bamba----------Rankin/Stevenson *

--------------------------------------Deeks
------------Benji--------Stokes---------

*Rankin tends to drift infield far too often and leave LB exposed

Or if players aren't fit.

---------------------Stack------------------
McCormick-----Murray-------Bamba/Hogg---------Hanlon

Wotherspoon----Cregg-----McBride--------Rankin/Stevenson

-------------------Stokes----Deeks----------------

Andy74
08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd guess it'd be:

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Cregg
Rankin

Zemmama
Stokes
Riordan

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 12:25 PM

It was a genuine question TBH. When one of your defenders has been an automatic pick for a season or two, and the manager has only just given him the captaincy, I think its fair to ask what the consequences are if you just drop him for a dip in form (which he has had, i dont deny). Its got the potential to humiliate the suddenly ex-captain, as well as show everyone the manager knows hes made a bad mistake.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
It was a genuine question TBH. When one of your defenders has been an automatic pick for a season or two, and the manager has only just given him the captaincy, I think its fair to ask what the consequences are if you just drop him for a dip in form (which he has had, i dont deny). Its got the potential to humiliate the suddenly ex-captain, as well as show everyone the manager knows hes made a bad mistake.

You were the only one who mentioned letting him rot, finding him another club or canceling his contract. Do we do this for all the others who are not good enough to play for the first team?:confused:

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 12:37 PM

So you drop players who don't deserve to be dropped so as to save Hogg who does deserve to be dropped.

One sure way I would suggest how to take harmony right out the dressing room.

Expecting Rain
08-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Yogi`s appointment of Chris Hogg as captain for me was a mistake but wether he is the skipper or not should not guarantee a player an automatic place in the team on the contrary if he is dropped he should set out to prove the manager wrong, if you criticise Hoggy in particular you become the devil incarnate, i haven`t rated him for a long time if at any time at all but in the process have been accused of hating the guy, which is ridiculous, he should get back to the basics, showing good positional sense, clearing his lines, not diving into tackles and moving the ball on a lot quicker to guys who have the ability to pass the ball, then a few of us might not get on his back, i`m not excpecting him to be Baresi but we are playing in the SPL and he should show he is more than capable of playing at this standard and holding down a place in the present team..

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd guess it'd be:

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Cregg
Rankin

Zemmama
Stokes
Riordan

Nothing wrong with your team but I would feel sympathy for McCormick and Hanlon who dealt with Maloney and McGeady really well.

Judas Iscariot
08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Stack

McCormack Bamba Murray Hanlon

Stokes Deek

I'm sure Yogi is on record saying something along the lines that just because he mage Hogg captaion didn't mean that guranteed him a start :dunno: Maybe i just made that up :confused:

Anyway, Hogg should be at least 3rd choice choice CB, as mentioned he's the weak link in the defence..

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
So you drop players who don't deserve to be dropped so as to save Hogg who does deserve to be dropped.

One sure way I would suggest how to take harmony right out the dressing room.

When did I say that?:confused:

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2009, 12:47 PM
1 Stack
2 McCormack
3 Hanlon
4 Murray
5 Bamba
6 Wotherspoon
7 Cregg
8 McBride
9 Rankin
10 Stokes
11 Riordan

With you BH. I think that's our strongest starting eleven, with the exception of Zemmama, who through injury and ramadam doesn't deserve to displace any other midfielder at present.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Does your comments on Hogg being dropped, then not apply the same to players who have played well, and deserve to play?:confused:

cleanyman
08-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I would put Stokes on the bench and bring Murray and Maka back.

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Does your comments on Hogg being dropped, then not apply the same to players who have played well, and deserve to play?:confused:

No. Surely you appreciate that dropping the captain of the club is a different situation from dropping a non-captain?

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Serious question: would Kris Commons, Graham Alexander, Steven Caldwell, Kenny Miller etc etc get in the Hibs first eleven?

Hibster
08-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Stack

McCormack Bamba Murray Hanlon

Stokes Deek

I'd go with that, except with Maka in goals.

Hibster
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Serious question: would Kris Commons, Graham Alexander, Steven Caldwell, Kenny Miller etc etc get in the Hibs first eleven?

yes, no, yes, maybe

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
No. Surely you appreciate that dropping the captain of the club is a different situation from dropping a non-captain?

Yes of course i do, although your comments on what i'd then do with him was petty. :bitchy: We have a better player than him imho in Murray, hogg does not deserve a place in the team, should we continue to play him then, just because he is captain, to the detriment of the team?

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes of course i do, although your comments on what i'd then do with him was petty. :bitchy: We have a better player than him imho in Murray, hogg does not deserve a place in the team, should we continue to play him then, just because he is captain, to the detriment of the team?

Nah, youve persuaded me, i'd drop him as well:greengrin

JimBHibees
08-09-2009, 01:18 PM
1 Stack
2 McCormack
3 Hanlon
4 Murray
5 Bamba
6 Wotherspoon
7 Cregg
8 McBride
9 Rankin
10 Stokes
11 Riordan

Totally agree with that, it is the best 11 players we have.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Totally agree with that, it is the best 11 players we have.

I think its the best 11 we have at the moment, Zemamma if fit would have to figure in the side, but i dont think he's 100% fit yet?

JimBHibees
08-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I think its the best 11 we have at the moment, Zemamma if fit would have to figure in the side, but i dont think he's 100% fit yet?

Wouldnt disagree with that and totally agree with Murray in for Hogg however have a feeling that wont happen.

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 02:06 PM

#19 at 1.25pm.

You don't deny that Hogg has had a dip in form yet you want somebody that is playing well dropped to save his skin.

Expecting Rain
08-09-2009, 02:16 PM
STACK
WOTHERSPOON
HANLON
BAMBA
McCORMACK
ZEMMAMA
CREGG
McBRIDE
MURRAY
RIORDAN
STOKES

Away from home 4-5-1 to start with and a chance to look at McCormack in his preffered position.

Hibs90
08-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Maka

McCormack Hogg Bamba Hanlon

McBride
Cregg Murray

Wotherspoon Stokes Deek

hibsbollah
08-09-2009, 02:47 PM
#19 at 1.25pm.

You don't deny that Hogg has had a dip in form yet you want somebody that is playing well dropped to save his skin.

Wrong. Read it again.

BT58
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM

did JH not state in the media that he was delighted that ZOUMA got a full game????
if he was`nt fully fit, surely he would have only lasted an hour or so????
mind you, bring him on in the 2nd half to terrorise the hamilton defence
but im forgetting RAMADAN,,,,,,,,,,,[ is that still going on????]
hb

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 04:06 PM
did JH not state in the media that he was delighted that ZOUMA got a full game????
if he was`nt fully fit, surely he would have only lasted an hour or so????
mind you, bring him on in the 2nd half to terrorise the hamilton defence
but im forgetting RAMADAN,,,,,,,,,,,[ is that still going on????]
hb

I'm not sure, did he get 90 minutes? I think Ramadan is still going on, with that and all the traveling, i think a sub is the best for Zooma on Sunday.

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Wrong. Read it again.

I have read it again as requested along with your other posts in this thread.

My conclusion is that you feel Hogg should be playing regardless of form as he is captain.