PDA

View Full Version : Livi appeal fails

Gus
07-09-2009, 06:10 PM
how they thought it would work anyway is beyond me.......

Hope the new administration can start again...from the bottom
:bye:

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Good.

At least some consistency for once.

lyonhibs
07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Toodle pip Livingston.

Haste ye back if you can learn how to live within your means and fanbase.

Sylar
07-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Was always going to be the case sadly - I think most Livingston fans will be content with the outcome - at least there is a stable infrastructure to allow the club to build again in division 3.

The SFL/SFA have set a ludicrously dangerous precedent with this though, as any other clubs who face financial difficulty will simply HAVE to follow suit, or the SFL/SFA open themselves to legal action against the governing bodies.

Of course, they will argue that there is no precedent for automatic relegation midway through the season, so will be forced to relegate any such team at the end of the season - in which case, the situation becomes a whole new farce, as any games played until the end of said season are null and meaningless.

At least the club now know where they stand and can start to rebuild, without a sugar daddy trying to launch them to unploughed levels. Livingston FC, as a concept, is a very good business plan if it is run as a community club. Hopefully, the fans, businesses and governing bodies will now support the new regime at Livingston and assist them in sustainable restructuring.

Jonnyboy
07-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Can't help but feel they've maybe been shafted a bit :dunno:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Livi39s-lifeline.5621701.jp

HibbyAndy
07-09-2009, 10:41 PM
God a wish that was Hearts.. i truly do.

Peevemor
07-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Can't help but feel they've maybe been shafted a bit :dunno:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Livi39s-lifeline.5621701.jp

It looks like it, but the original problem was caused by their own unscrupulous behaviour.

Jonnyboy
07-09-2009, 10:52 PM
It looks like it, but the original problem was caused by their own unscrupulous behaviour.

Of the outgoing hierarchy surely?

oldbutdim
07-09-2009, 11:04 PM

The behaviour of certain individuals.

The "new brigade" are (afaik) pretty decent blokes.
I hope they do well now.

Peevemor
07-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Of the outgoing hierarchy surely?

True, but had they lived within their means from the outset, would they even have been in the 1st division?

Jonnyboy
07-09-2009, 11:07 PM
True, but had they lived within their means from the outset, would they even have been in the 1st division?

Possibly not, I agree

Are Hearts living within their means? :wink: :greengrin

s.a.m
08-09-2009, 06:50 AM

:pray:

JoeT
08-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Loving the sponsored by Intelligent Finance logo’s in all the coverage

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2009, 12:51 PM

Stick around Andy!

jacomo
08-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Was always going to be the case sadly - I think most Livingston fans will be content with the outcome - at least there is a stable infrastructure to allow the club to build again in division 3.

The SFL/SFA have set a ludicrously dangerous precedent with this though, as any other clubs who face financial difficulty will simply HAVE to follow suit, or the SFL/SFA open themselves to legal action against the governing bodies.

Of course, they will argue that there is no precedent for automatic relegation midway through the season, so will be forced to relegate any such team at the end of the season - in which case, the situation becomes a whole new farce, as any games played until the end of said season are null and meaningless.

At least the club now know where they stand and can start to rebuild, without a sugar daddy trying to launch them to unploughed levels. Livingston FC, as a concept, is a very good business plan if it is run as a community club. Hopefully, the fans, businesses and governing bodies will now support the new regime at Livingston and assist them in sustainable restructuring.

:agree:

This is a farce. Unless the SFL are prepared to demote clubs who go into administration mid-season, how can this be fair? If Livi had struggled on for another few weeks until the season started, they would probably still be in the 1st Division, but with a points deduction.

Consistency?? Not any here, as far as I can see.

And what happens if an SPL club goes into administration? I know it's a different governing body, but surely they should be demoted as well?