PDA

View Full Version : Maka was dropped against Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Maka picked up a slight injury the previous week, but was fit for the celtic game according to the new goalkeepers coach, but the manager decided to go with Stack against Celtic.

GlesgaeHibby
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Maka picked up a slight injury the previous week, but was fit for the celtic game according to the new goalkeepers coach, but the manager decided to go with Stack against Celtic.

Yogi has to make the big decisions and I trust him on them. I like the look of Stack from what I've seen, he's always talking and shouting instructions.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Yogi has to make the big decisions and I trust him on them. I like the look of Stack from what I've seen, he's always talking and shouting instructions.

:agree:

hibsdaft
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Iywt.

PISTOL1875
07-09-2009, 05:07 PM

But he doesn't come off his line.... Big problem........

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Or obeying orders for his SPL debut keeping it simple so no confusion with who's doing what reducing Kalamities??

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Or obeying orders for his SPL debut keeping it simple so no confusion with who's doing what reducing Kalamities??

Such as the calamities that lead to a Celtic player winning nearly every header from their corners... Unless Stack starts coming for crosses, I'd prefer Makalambay back in goals. Infact, I'd prefer Maka in goals anyway.He's done nothing wrong this season IMO. He was getting dropped last season for making mistakes, so now he's going to get dropped for doing nothing wrong?

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Such as the calamities that lead to a Celtic player winning nearly every header from their corners... Unless Stack starts coming for crosses, I'd prefer Makalambay back in goals. Infact, I'd prefer Maka in goals anyway.He's done nothing wrong this season IMO. He was getting dropped last season for making mistakes, so now he's going to get dropped for doing nothing wrong?

I thought the goals we against St mirren and Falkirk could both have been avoided if Maka had done better. He has to take his share of the blame for the St mirren one, and of course DVZ should have stopped the shot, but imho the effort was saveable against Falkirk

Spike Mandela
07-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I thought the goals we against St mirren and Falkirk could both have been avoided if Maka had done better. He has to take his share of the blame for the St mirren one, and of course DVZ should have stopped the shot, but imho the effort was saveable against Falkirk

The goal Celtic scored against Stack was saveable but he didn't.

Would have to see a few more commanding performances from Stack where he maybe leaves his line at least once before I'm convinced he is the man for the jersey.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 05:50 PM
[/B]

Just watched it again, and have to disagree.:confused:

Would have to see a few more commanding performances from Stack where he maybe leaves his line at least once before I'm convinced he is the man for the jersey.

Fair enough.:agree:

ancient hibee
07-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Who was that goalie against St Mirren that managed to get involved 3 times in the goal we lost and still didn't rescue the situation?

PC Stamp
07-09-2009, 05:55 PM

Not strictly true Gary. Scott said that Maka had a hip injury and hadn't trained all week so whilst he probably could have played, the manager erred on the safe side and stuck with Stack. Maka subsequently reported for International duty with Belgium and was sent home for further treatment due to the injury still causing him problems.

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Who was that goalie against St Mirren that managed to get involved 3 times in the goal we lost and still didn't rescue the situation?

The situation wouldn't have arose if Hogg hadn't played a shocking backpass or if Hanlon had cleared his lines. Still, it's easier to blame Maka than our captain. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Not strictly true Gary. Scott said that Maka had a hip injury and hadn't trained all week so whilst he probably could have played, the manager erred on the safe side and stuck with Stack. Maka subsequently reported for International duty with Belgium and was sent home for further treatment due to the injury still causing him problems.

It did not sound like that PC when i listened to the interview. I'm sure he said something along the lines of, he had a slight injury, but trained towards the end of the week and was fit, but Yogi decided to go with Stack. I suppose we will find out on Sunday who the manager thinks in number 1. :thumbsup:

BigKev
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Magic - another Maka debate :yawn:

Yogi chose Stack as no.1 - I trust his judgment. Maka has had his chances and will do again - until he eradicates the basic errors I think Yogi will stick with Stack.

ancient hibee
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
The situation wouldn't have arose if Hogg hadn't played a shocking backpass or if Hanlon had cleared his lines. Still, it's easier to blame Maka than our captain. :rolleyes:

Hogg's passback was abysmal-Maka's attempt to deal with it was worse-he then compounded it by playing a stupid ball and then pranced ineffectually around the penalty area until the goal was scored.Don't you think it weakens your point slightly(which was that Maka has done nothing wrong all season)to immediately involve another player when my point was regarding Maka's role in the goal which he had 3 opportunities to do something about.Anyway we won.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I thought Yogi already said in the press that Maka was fit. He hadn't trained for most of the week but was in contention for a starting place.

He said he'd sleep on it and make a decision before the game because Stack had been training well all week and deserved his chance IIRC.

Therefore, what is the big deal?

scoopyboy
07-09-2009, 06:12 PM
[/B]

Do you seriously think Stack should have saved the goal against Celtic?

degenerated
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM

i seriously think that rankin shouldn't have been sleeping, chris hogg shouldn't have tripped himself up trying to run into the box and most importantly bamba shouldnt have let samaras get goalside of him.

absolutely no blame at the feet of stack in that one as far as i can see.

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Hogg's passback was abysmal-Maka's attempt to deal with it was worse-he then compounded it by playing a stupid ball and then pranced ineffectually around the penalty area until the goal was scored.Don't you think it weakens your point slightly(which was that Maka has done nothing wrong all season)to immediately involve another player when my point was regarding Maka's role in the goal which he had 3 opportunities to do something about.Anyway we won.

I wasn't immediately involving another player, you brought up the St Mirren goal and I gave you my take on it. That was that the main culprit, IMO, was Hogg. The only thing Maka done was try make amends for the inability to clear the ball, by coming for a cross. He didn't get to it, yes, but he was hardly "prancing around", he was trying to rescue the situation, which is good to see in a keeper. I'd much rather a keeper who came for everything rather than one who came for nothing. And, I still don't think Maka has done anything to deserve getting dropped this season, if that is the case.

scoopyboy
07-09-2009, 06:26 PM
i seriously think that rankin shouldn't have been sleeping, chris hogg shouldn't have tripped himself up trying to run into the box and most importantly bamba shouldnt have let samaras get goalside of him.

absolutely no blame at the feet of stack in that one as far as i can see.

I agree on all of that, I just couldn't believe someone thinks Stack should have kept out the header from Samaras.

Danderhall Hibs
07-09-2009, 06:29 PM

FFS :bitchy:

No, he's pro-Maka which means in his warped head he thinks he has to be anti-Stack. Hibs.net is a place of extremes.

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2009, 06:35 PM
FFS :bitchy:

What?

bingo70
07-09-2009, 06:44 PM
What?

Pretty sure he's referring to your refusal to aportion any blame at all to Maka for that goal.

No-one is doubting Hoggs back pass should have been better, no-one is saying Hanlon shouldn't have done better as well but to say Maka shouldn't take any share of the blame is ridiculous IMO.

By refusing to do so devalues your opinion on the matter IMO as you've clearly made your mind up about Maka and aren't being objective about his performances any more.

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Pretty sure he's referring to your refusal to aportion any blame at all to Maka for that goal.

No-one is doubting Hoggs back pass should have been better, no-one is saying Hanlon shouldn't have done better as well but to say Maka shouldn't take any share of the blame is ridiculous IMO.

By refusing to do so devalues your opinion on the matter IMO as you've clearly made your mind up about Maka and aren't being objective about his performances any more.

Maka has his faults, I know that, everybody knows that, well except Hibs Spain :wink:. The only thing Maka done wrong was coming for the cross that left him stranded, which, if you looked , I already eluded to. But to blame him for the goal is ridiculous. And if thats the worst mistake he's made this season, then I'd say he's doing quite well. If people think he should be dropped for that, then fair enough. Who'd be a Hibs keeper, eh? :greengrin

degenerated
07-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Maka has his faults, I know that, everybody knows that, well except Hibs Spain :wink:. The only thing Maka done wrong was coming for the cross that left him stranded, which, if you looked , I already eluded to. But to blame him for the goal is ridiculous. And if thats the worst mistake he's made this season, then I'd say he's doing quite well. If people think he should be dropped for that, then fair enough. Who'd be a Hibs keeper, eh? :greengrin

had Stack not injured himself in training then Maka would probably have dropped sooner.

FWIW i like Maka as a keeper and reckon when he irons out these lapses of concentration he'll be a superb keeper. Until then we need someone more reliable, which hopefully Stack is.

Brooster
07-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm glad Maka has been dropped, his mistakes cost us dearly, hope we never see him in goals ever agian.

bingo70
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM

That wasn't the only thing he did wrong, he miscontrolled the original back pass as well, i know it was a terrible one, however he still should have done better than he did.

I'm not saying he's the only one to blame, i'm saying him, Hogg and Hanlon have all got to share responsibility.

Hibs Spain
07-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Such as the calamities that lead to a Celtic player winning nearly every header from their corners... Unless Stack starts coming for crosses, I'd prefer Makalambay back in goals. Infact, I'd prefer Maka in goals anyway.He's done nothing wrong this season IMO. He was getting dropped last season for making mistakes, so now he's going to get dropped for doing nothing wrong?You're leaning on an open door with me mate. Getting dropped for doing nothing wrong..THEN.. The boy Stack gets a chance for reasons I would REALLY like to know about... Makes a complete erse of it,costs us the game,they could have scored 4 or 5 more cos of his fear of coming off his line because he simply just couldn't because he was miles out of his depth. I'll be seriously hacked off if Maka isn't back in next week!

PISTOL1875
07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Magic - another Maka debate :yawn:

Yogi chose Stack as no.1 - I trust his judgment. Maka has had his chances and will do again - until he eradicates the basic errors I think Yogi will stick with Stack.

Basic errors has cost Maka his place Kev. Stack looked good against Brechin but didn't come off his line against Celtic and we were punished for this.. It could've been worse if they hadn't hit the bar when GS had that free header and they took there chances....

Brooster
07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
You're leaning on an open door with me mate. Getting dropped for doing nothing wrong..THEN.. The boy Stack gets a chance for reasons I would REALLY like to know about... Makes a complete erse of it,costs us the game,they could have scored 4 or 5 more cos of his fear of coming off his line because he simply just couldn't because he was miles out of his depth. I'll be seriously hacked off if Maka isn't back in next week!

You are a complete plumb.

Hibs Spain
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
You are a complete plumb.You don't agree then? :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 08:13 PM
You don't agree then? :cool2:

Who is your money on being hibs keeper on sunday?

The_Sauz
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

How many people on here have actually play in goals in a proper game and at a decent level?

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

How many people on here have actually play in goals in a proper game and at a decent level?

How many people are chef's in a top restaurant, but can tell a good omelette from a bad one?:confused:

db03
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Maka is a young guy, who in my opinion will come good with the right coach. Everyone makes mistakes, Some with greater consequences than others. We cant all sit and slate every mistake the guy makes, He is only 23 and still learning. Stack has more experience than Maka does and he is still making basic errors like not coming to collect crosses. Im not slating Stack in any way, Im only pointing out that we all have our flaws.

It does not matter who we all want in goal its down to Yogi and im sure he will make whatever choice he feels is best for the team.

Hibs Spain
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Who is your money on being hibs keeper on sunday?Based on the info I have to hand and that includes the comments from Yogi re Maka,the games I've been to this season(missed the Celtic game,but watched it live).. If Maka is deemed fit to play and doesn't,then I'll be really,really,really stunned. Especially after that inept performance from Stack last week. It was pitifully bad!

BEEJ
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Admins!!

Can we have a separate Board exclusively for goalkeeper debates?? PLEASE! :pray:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Based on the info I have to hand and that includes the comments from Yogi re Maka,the games I've been to this season(missed the Celtic game,but watched it live).. If Maka is deemed fit to play and doesn't,then I'll be really,really,really stunned. Especially after that inept performance from Stack last week. It was pitifully bad!

Thats just nonsense.:confused:

tooley
07-09-2009, 08:51 PM

:top marks:applause::applause::applause:

Hibs Spain
07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Thats just nonsense.:confused:What are you saying? It was worse than pitiful? ...Don't tell me you're starting to see sense :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 09:44 PM
What are you saying? It was worse than pitiful? ...Don't tell me you're starting to see sense :wink:

:greengrin We will never agree, but i thought Stack did well. Yes there were some crosses that were whipped in, but i dont think he should have or even could have got near them. His handling and kicking were miles better than Maka's, and i felt much safer with him in goal, than i ever have with Maka.

jacomo
07-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Based on the info I have to hand and that includes the comments from Yogi re Maka,the games I've been to this season(missed the Celtic game,but watched it live).. If Maka is deemed fit to play and doesn't,then I'll be really,really,really stunned. Especially after that inept performance from Stack last week. It was pitifully bad!

The information I have to hand is that I was at the Celtic game, and to say Stack was "inept" is laughable.

He had a solid game, nothing special, but you could tell the back four had confidence in him, and he had earned it.

Incidentally, I'm a big Maka fan, cos he clearly has talent, but your post is frankly defamatory.

Fortunately, Yogi was there as well and I'm sure he'll make his own mind up about who should play against Hamilton.

BigKev
07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
:greengrin We will never agree, but i thought Stack did well. Yes there were some crosses that were whipped in, but i dont think he should have or even could have got near them. His handling and kicking were miles better than Maka's, and i felt much safer with him in goal, than i ever have with Maka.

There is a chance it was pre planned that Stack wouldn't come for crosses on Sunday due to his lack of matchplay this season - it takes time and games to correctly jump and handle crosses - it's not the same as doing it day in day out in training.

As for HibsSpain's love in with Maka it's quite frankly embarrassing and his refusal to see any faults in his game ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 10:01 PM

There is a chance it was pre planned that Stack wouldn't come for crosses on Sunday due to his lack of matchplay this season - it takes time and games to correctly jump and handle crosses - it's not the same as doing it day in day out in training.

As for HibsSpain's love in with Maka it's quite frankly embarrassing and his refusal to see any faults in his game ridiculous.

:top marks

Brando7
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
We moan when he's in the team n we moan when he's out :greengrin

--------
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Maka has his faults. So, no doubt has Stack. I have yet to see a goalkeeper with NO weaknesses in his game.

As everyone knows, I am a fan of the big guy's and I reckon he has the makings of an excellent keepr in him once certain things are ironed out.

I think the idea that Yogi had before the start of the season was to get in an experienced keeper so that Scott Thomson, our new, much improved goalie coach, would have time to work with Yves and Graham towards that happy day when we might relax content in the knowledge that both our keepers, Yves and Graham, were playing well and ready to step between the sticks whenever Yogi called on them to do so.

On the whole, what I've seen of Graham Stack I've liked. He did nothing wrong against Brechin, and if Yves did have a minor injury through the week, and since he was on call for the Belgian squad and Yogi has made it very clear he wants as many of our players as possible involved in international competition, it would make sense surely to leave things as they were after the Brechin game. Goalkeepers should not be dropped after a clean sheet, whoever the opposition.

Yogi considered Yves fit enough to play, maybe. The Belgian coach did not. Having seen highlights of a number of Belgium's games in this World Cup, I have to say that Yves Ma-Kalambay looks a much better bet in goal than the present incumbent.

Having watched a couple of pre-match warm-ups this season, I have to say that Scott Thomson looks a much better and more committed coach than Marshall ever did. I for one am quite content to allow him to get on with the job of developing the skills of all our keepers and preparing Yves or Graham, whoever the manager picks, for matches. And to allow the manager to make his judgement based on the work of each man in training throughout the week.

But, of course, it may just be more fun if we all pick sides and one half of this forum can lambast Graham for his 'inept' performances (I like that phrase, regardless of its gross inaccuracy in regard to the Celtic game), while the other half go on and on about Yves being a 'bomb-scare'.

Actually, we won't even have to think.

Yves? BOMB-SCARE!

Graham? INEPT!

Even Pavlov's dogs could manage that. :rolleyes:

Edit: Interesting wee piece by Scott T on the official site.

HibbyAndy
07-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Id be tempted to go with Stack ahead of Makalamby.

And those judging Stack's willingness to come for crosses against celtic,Danny Fox whips in a mega cross..that will have many a goaly rooted to the spot..I can only imagine what Yves would have been like!.

Id go with Stack.

Hibs90
07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Maka everytime.

Spike Mandela
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree on all of that, I just couldn't believe someone thinks Stack should have kept out the header from Samaras.

My point was Scoop that all shots are saveable! That is indeed the point of a goalkeeper. If the goalie is positioned correctly or times his run and catch correctly. None of which Stack did and thus had no chance at the goal.

It was a moot point in relation to Blackpools assertion that the Falkirk goal was saveable by Maka. A bit philosophical I know but hope you get my drift.:wink:

--------
07-09-2009, 11:08 PM
My point was Scoop that all shots are saveable! That is indeed the point of a goalkeeper. If the goalie is positioned correctly or times his run and catch correctly. None of which Stack did and thus had no chance at the goal.

It was a moot point in relation to Blackpools assertion that the Falkirk goal was saveable by Maka. A bit philosophical I know but hope you get my drift.:wink:

Both were saveable, in theory at least. Neither were SO saveable that I would be inclined to blame the goalie. That's all. :cool2:

Hibercelona
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Maka couldnt have done anything for any of the goals this season, and stack could do nothing about the celtic goal.

So lets stop talking mince. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
08-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Maka couldnt have done anything for any of the goals this season, and stack could do nothing about the celtic goal.

So lets stop talking mince. :wink:

Apart from the St Mirren goal could’ve been stopped by Maka putting his foot through the ball instead of passing it to a marked player with his back to goal.

The_Sauz
08-09-2009, 08:18 AM
How many people are chef's in a top restaurant, but can tell a good omelette from a bad one?:confused:
So if you did'nt like the omelette, you would ask the manager to sack the chef :confused:

Don Giovanni
08-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Id be tempted to go with Stack ahead of Makalamby.

And those judging Stack's willingness to come for crosses against celtic,Danny Fox whips in a mega cross..that will have many a goaly rooted to the spot..I can only imagine what Yves would have been like!.

Id go with Stack.

:agree: Just about every delivery was a gem. Pace, bend, into the danger area.

Hinkles deliveries on the other side weren't bad either...
I don't think Stack could have came for many crosses all afternoon. We missed Jones' presence last week.

IMO we didn't close down their full-backs often or quick enough. Time after time Hanlon was exposed (particularly in the first half) where he had to contend with both McGeady & Hinkle running at him. He had little or no support. Rankin or even Deek should have been tracking Hinkles advances. IMO we didn't lose a goal because the 'keeper would not leave his line but because we were exposed down the fanks and Ceptic were able to put quality balls into the box.
(I'm just glad Ceptic had that hairy lesbian up front because if Hartson, Sutton or even Larrson were leading the line on Sunday they would have made more of the service that was being delivered)

J-C
08-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Maka picked upa thigh injury which has kept him out of the Belgium squad also, Stack played against Brechin and Yogi decided to give the new guy his chance, which he's taken. Better competition for Maka now, so it's up to him to regain the no.1 jersey again, must admit I'm happy with either keeper playing in goal.

TornadoHibby
08-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Huge problem IMO! :confused:

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 08:52 AM
So if you did'nt like the omelette, you would ask the manager to sack the chef :confused:

Well if the eggs were fine, i'd be asking why the food was bad.

Ronaldo9
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Right Maka give it a rest!

Maka has cost us upwards of 20pts in the last year alone, easy!

Time for a change and hopefully Stack proves to be the right choice.

Personally I believe we released a better goalie in Andy McNeil than Maka but people couldn't get over the fact he ain't 7 foot tall.

Hibs Spain
08-09-2009, 11:12 AM
:top marksI had a good view of Falkirk's goal and thought Maka could have done better!

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 11:15 AM
i had a good view of falkirk's goal and thought maka could have done better!

wtf????????????????????

scoopyboy
08-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Following on your line of logic does that mean nobody should ever score from a penalty kick?

Unobstructed view etc must mean the shot is saveable and if the guy scores then the goalies positioning was to blame.

I'm getting the hang of it now Spike.

GreenOnions
08-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't normally get involved in these Ma-Kalambay debates but FWIW my opinion is:

Maka is an excellent shot stopper and is also good on 1 on 1s. When he comes for crosses he collects the ball well too.

However, his decision-making is very poor and that's where most of his errors result from. I know keepers' mistakes are punished more severely than others' but I can't see how observers can deny that Maka has directly cost us an alarming number of goals over the last year. Perhaps more importantly I think that his unpredictability has contributed to repeated confusion between him and defenders. This was the big improvement I noticed when Szamotulski was in the team.

I agree that Maka is young and has some strong attributes on which to build. However, his overall performances are not good enough at the moment for a team like Hibs and we must find another solution between the posts until he improves. Hopefully that will be Stack but it's too early to tell yet.

--------
08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't normally get involved in these Ma-Kalambay debates but FWIW my opinion is:

Maka is an excellent shot stopper and is also good on 1 on 1s. When he comes for crosses he collects the ball well too.

However, his decision-making is very poor and that's where most of his errors result from. I know keepers' mistakes are punished more severely than others' but I can't see how observers can deny that Maka has directly cost us an alarming number of goals over the last year. Perhaps more importantly I think that his unpredictability has contributed to repeated confusion between him and defenders. This was the big improvement I noticed when Szamotulski was in the team.

I agree that Maka is young and has some strong attributes on which to build. However, his overall performances are not good enough at the moment for a team like Hibs and we must find another solution between the posts until he improves. Hopefully that will be Stack but it's too early to tell yet.

This is common sense. :agree:

More so than putting up thread after thread arguing about which of our goalies is a bigger bomb-scare (or more inept, depending on your point iof view).

I honestly don't know why any goalkeeper signs for us, the rollocking they get from some of us here.

Hibs Spain
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM

I agree that Maka is young and has some strong attributes on which to build. However, his overall performances are not good enough at the moment for a team like Hibs and we must find another solution between the posts until he improves. Hopefully that will be Stack but it's too early to tell yet. I don't think it's too early..You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. And my first impression of Stack is that he's not the business...There's nothing he can do that Maka can't do but there's plenty Maka can do that Stack can't do!

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't think it's too early..You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. And my first impression of Stack is that he's not the business...There's nothing he can do that Maka can't do but there's plenty Maka can do that Stack can't do!

I agree, from what i have seen, albeit only one game against celtic. Stack cant not kick the ball well under pressure. He also cant not drop the ball, or chase after it after not dropping it. He also cant not get down early to save one on ones against the oncoming forward.

Hibs Spain
08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I agree, from what i have seen, albeit only one game against celtic. Stack cant not kick the ball well under pressure. He also cant not drop the ball, or chase after it after not dropping it. He also cant not get down early to save one on ones against the oncoming forward.Maka's kicking is about perfect,so I don't know what you're on about there? Bear in mind Stack's got to be able to reach or come for a cross before he can drop one... We could have been a few down if it hadn't been for them hitting the bar when the goalie was rooted to ground and a few other pieces of pretty poor finishing saved us a sore one. If you try and construct an arguement against you're just being contrary for the sake of it :agree: As for your one on one comment,even the Maka haters agree that he's excellent at that!

Hibs90
08-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Right Maka give it a rest!

Maka has cost us upwards of 20pts in the last year alone, easy!

Time for a change and hopefully Stack proves to be the right choice.

Personally I believe we released a better goalie in Andy McNeil than Maka but people couldn't get over the fact he ain't 7 foot tall.

20 points? Prove it.

Stack's a decent keeper but Maka is better.

Andy McNeil better than Maka? :faf::top marks

Spike Mandela
08-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Following on your line of logic does that mean nobody should ever score from a penalty kick?

Unobstructed view etc must mean the shot is saveable and if the guy scores then the goalies positioning was to blame.

I'm getting the hang of it now Spike.

Exactlty Scoop. :agree: If the striker sends the goalie the wrong way to score, it stands to reason that if the keeper had dived the other way he could have saved it , hence saveable. Simples:wink::greengrin

Beefster
08-09-2009, 02:39 PM

It's all relative. I make a mean omelette, even the missus agrees. I bet Tom Kitchin or Martin Wishart would think it was pish though.

Ronaldo9
08-09-2009, 02:43 PM
20 points? Prove it.

Stack's a decent keeper but Maka is better.

Andy McNeil better than Maka? :faf::top marks

Someones on the Jungle Juice?

I can give you 3 pts without even thinking about it

Aberdeen away!

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Maka's kicking is about perfect,so I don't know what you're on about there? Bear in mind Stack's got to be able to reach or come for a cross before he can drop one... We could have been a few down if it hadn't been for them hitting the bar when the goalie was rooted to ground and a few other pieces of pretty poor finishing saved us a sore one. If you try and construct an arguement against you're just being contrary for the sake of it :agree: As for your one on one comment,even the Maka haters agree that he's excellent at that!

Aye his kick out to young Hanlon was ace. Tell me again how many goals Stack has been responsible for? They hit the bar, did it go in? If your auntie had baws, she'd be your uncle. Pretty poor finishing my erse. Maka already this season has been part of a calamity goal against St Mirren, he also should have done better with the goal against Falkirk, going down again in installments. Stack took over and did nothing wrong, in fact his handling was better, his kicking was better, imho he looked a better keeper. Yes its only one game, but i certainly felt safer with a proper keeper, than someone who has me with my heart in my mouth, anytime the ball goes near him. Yogi knows best though.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 02:46 PM
It's all relative. I make a mean omelette, even the missus agrees. I bet Tom Kitchin or Martin Wishart would think it was pish though.

Maybe so, but would i like your omelette's.:wink:

Ronaldo9
08-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Aye his kick out to young Hanlon was ace. Tell me again how many goals Stack has been responsible for? They hit the bar, did it go in? If your auntie had baws, she'd be your uncle. Pretty poor finishing my erse. Maka already this season has been part of a calamity goal against St Mirren, he also should have done better with the goal against Falkirk, going down again in installments. Stack took over and did nothing wrong, in fact his handling was better, his kicking was better, imho he looked a better keeper. Yes its only one game, but i certainly felt safer with a proper keeper, than someone who has me with my heart in my mouth, anytime the ball goes near him. Yogi knows best though.:greengrin

Finally someone who is actually talking some sense.

HS you are cleary either Maka himself or a family member!

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Finally someone who is actually talking some sense.

HS you are cleary either Maka himself or a family member!

I just cant help myself at times.:wink:

Hibs90
08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Someones on the Jungle Juice?

I can give you 3 pts without even thinking about it

Aberdeen away!

Thats only 3. You said 20? :confused:

TornadoHibby
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM

I've never ceased to be amazed by some of the stuff you post BH and this is no different! :confused:

Maka has suffered on this board due to the immediately previous incumbents of the keeper's jersey at ER and I firmly believe that he will be remembered as one of the best Hibs keepers of the last few years (without going back to Leighton or Goram or even further back to Ronnie Simpson)! :agree:

You don't last 4 years at Chelsea if you're as bad as you make him out to be IMO! :cool2:

Then again, I suppose their coaches might just have a better insight to the guys capabilities than you or I or anyone else on here! :agree:

I'm not sure about Stack right now and wait to be persuaded! His "tough guy" few seconds which seems to be enough for a few on here to say rubbish like "he'll do for me, he looks "mental!" does nothing for me in terms of helping me decide about his goalkeeping prowess! :rolleyes:

No keeper worth his salt would allow crosses to come into his 6 yard area without coming out to make sure a goalscoring attempt was not made as no keeper can save headers or shots from that distance realistically! He did that against Celtc time after time in the first half and, on another day, we would have lost a few goals had the Celtc forwards been on target or on form! :cool2:

Maybe he was expecting his central defenders to clear the ball for him so on that basis I'm happy to wait until he has had another few games yet before I pass comment on him as a goalkeeper but for anyone to suggest he is "the answer" for Hibs is absolutely ridiculous at this stage of his Hibs career! :agree:

PISTOL1875
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Thats only 3. You said 20? :confused:

Hertz at Tynecastle.. That's 6 ..............

Danderhall Hibs
08-09-2009, 05:34 PM
You don't last 4 years at Chelsea if you're as bad as you make him out to be IMO! :cool2:

Joe Keenan, Chelsea (1999-2003)

Danderhall Hibs
08-09-2009, 05:35 PM

And on top of that the Scottish Cup game at ER in January was worth more than 3 points.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I've never ceased to be amazed by some of the stuff you post BH and this is no different! :confused:

Thanks.:greengrin

Maka has suffered on this board due to the immediately previous incumbents of the keeper's jersey at ER and I firmly believe that he will be remembered as one of the best Hibs keepers of the last few years (without going back to Leighton or Goram or even further back to Ronnie Simpson)! :agree:

I disagree, in fact it would not surprise me if he was not even at the club this time next year

Grant Brebner, PC Murdoch, Michael Stewart. I dont think Maka is that bad a keeper, in fact i do think he could turn out a good one. I'd like to see him improve his weaknesses on loan somewhere else, and come back when he has.:confused:

Then again, I suppose their coaches might just have a better insight to the guys capabilities than you or I or anyone else on here! :agree:
He's not at chelsea now, and has split the support at hibs, and now down the pecking order at hibs, thats down to the coaches and manager surely

I'm not sure about Stack right now and wait to be persuaded! His "tough guy" few seconds which seems to be enough for a few on here to say rubbish like "he'll do for me, he looks "mental!" does nothing for me in terms of helping me decide about his goalkeeping prowess! :rolleyes:
I agree, although i do think yogi brought him to the club to be number1, and he has the position now, and thats down to Maka's start to the season in my opinion. 2 goals conceded i think he should have done better with, maybe Yogi, our coach thinks the same?

No keeper worth his salt would allow crosses to come into his 6 yard area without coming out to make sure a goalscoring attempt was not made as no keeper can save headers or shots from that distance realistically! He did that against Celtc time after time in the first half and, on another day, we would have lost a few goals had the Celtc forwards been on target or on form! :cool2:
I thought the crosses he had to face were belters, and staying on his line was the best thing in those circumstances. He could have maybe come for a few, and done a maka. We could have lost more goals than we did. As i said earlier, if your auntie had baws and all that.

Maybe he was expecting his central defenders to clear the ball for him so on that basis I'm happy to wait until he has had another few games yet before I pass comment on him as a goalkeeper but for anyone to suggest he is "the answer" for Hibs is absolutely ridiculous at this stage of his Hibs career! :agree:
I'm not saying he is the answer, i just thought he looked better. As you say its only one game, and we will have to wait and see

iwasthere1972
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree, from what i have seen, albeit only one game against celtic. Stack cant not kick the ball well under pressure. He also cant not drop the ball, or chase after it after not dropping it. He also cant not get down early to save one on ones against the oncoming forward.

:faf: BH What sauce did you have with your tea and scones this afternoon.

Read it a couple of times and can't work out how you expect Stack to chase after a ball that he is still holding.

:dizzy: :dizzy:

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 05:39 PM
:faf: BH What sauce did you have with your tea and scones this afternoon.

Read it a couple of times and can't work out how you expect Stack to chase after a ball that he is still holding.

:dizzy: :dizzy:

I know, i confused myself writing that.:greengrin

Hibs Spain
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm not saying he is the answer, i just thought he looked better. As you say its only one game, and we will have to wait and seeI won't have to wait for anything.I'm telling you now .. Stack's a second rate,reserve who couldn't even hold down a place in the lower leagues...Try some smelling salts or something..

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I won't have to wait for anything.I'm telling you now .. Stack's a second rate,reserve who couldn't even hold down a place in the lower leagues...Try some smelling salts or something..

:faf::faf:

ancient hibee
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I won't have to wait for anything.I'm telling you now .. Stack's a second rate,reserve who couldn't even hold down a place in the lower leagues...Try some smelling salts or something..
I think it may be you that needs the smelling salts.How can you possibly say that Maka's kicking is good-he actually kicked the ball against the only opposing player in our half to lead directly to a goal-or was that someone elses fault?

Danderhall Hibs
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I think it may be you that needs the smelling salts.How can you possibly say that Maka's kicking is good-he actually kicked the ball against the only opposing player in our half to lead directly to a goal-or was that someone elses fault?

2 people were to blame for that apparently. Lee Miller and the referee.

Maka was completely blameless according to some, in fact some have claimed he done it deliberately to point out to the ref that Miller was quite close to him and also to vent his frustration that the ref didn't notice.

Cropley10
08-09-2009, 07:32 PM

But Maka's kicking is 'nearly perfect':confused:

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Maka only ever one game away from a **** up, had more than enough chances for me. Can't be allowed to learn his trade in the first team, 2nd behind Stack always IMO.

Hibs Spain
08-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I think it may be you that needs the smelling salts.How can you possibly say that Maka's kicking is good-he actually kicked the ball against the only opposing player in our half to lead directly to a goal-or was that someone elses fault?Awe .. Give it a rest. It was a one off freak thing that 99.9% of the time would have been given as a foul..:yawn:

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2009, 10:52 PM

I'm wasting my time.:faf:

Hibs90
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM

Remind me what he done wrong? and was it last season?

Don't think he cost us 20 points somehow Ronaldo :wink:

Ronaldo9
09-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Remind me what he done wrong? and was it last season?

Don't think he cost us 20 points somehow Ronaldo :wink:

Hertz at ER Aguiars Free Kick, Should have saved it.

Theres another 2 pts, getting close to that 20 pt mark Meeko, you gonna retract that statement??

Johnny_Leith
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Jeez, the loyalty shown to Makalamby on this board is simply amazing. Meeko and HibsSpain you need to take off your Maka-tinted specs here. Time and time again Makalamby has made mistakes for us and yet your defending him as if he's Buffon?

Stack on Sunday looked decent enough to me(I wouldn't judge him on the Brechin game as he had nowt to do.) He stayed on his line for crosses which IMO was the right thing to do given the standard of delivery - top class. I've seen Makalamby come out for floated crosses and muck them up, think what would have happened had he been playing on Sunday and he came out for one of those crosses.

Now I too think Makalamby seems like a nice guy and has potential to be a decent goalie, I think Stack looks reliable and has good experience from the Championship at better teams than ourselves. I am not going to defend every single mistake however unlike some posters, if a goalie makes mistakes he is ripe for a slagging! If a goalie makes various mistakes over his time in the first time then he deserves to be dropped. Get a grip. Your darling goalie has been dropped - and rightly so imo - so have a look at your previous posts (utter slavers) and think back to all the good games Maka's had in a Hibs shirt. I can think of 1 - Celtic away 1-1, and even then he was dropping the ball! The boy's no good enough at the moment, get over it.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Simon Brown was bad, he did most of the basics ok, but would let some very poor efforts in, and was just not of the quality we want at hibs.

Zibbi, what can i say about him, thats not been said before? He could make some fantastic saves, yet his performances in big games was just awful. Nerves maybe, i dont know, another not good enough imho.

McNeil, never good enough, did not give out any confidence, probably thropwn in too young, but a keeper again imho who would never have been good enough for an SPL club.

Maka, have we ever had a keeper who has split the fans as much as him? The pro's, big, does come for a lot of crosses, takes pressure off the defence when he catches them, most of the time a decent shot stopper.
Cons, comes for a lot of crosses, misses a few, causes panic more than he needs too. His kicking is not the best, he's far too casual at times.
I cant remember a keeper we have had, that when the ball goes near him, my heart stops and i hold my breath until he gets the ball under control.

Stack, no idea, only seen him once. I hope he's better than Maka, we deserve a decent keeper for once.

Jack
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM

TBF if Maka is to be blamed for an unhindered point blank powerful header from the edge of the 6 yard box at Tynecastle, which he managed to partially block then Stack should really have done a pirouette, a double back flip then caught the ball in one hand and spun it Harlem Globetrotters style at Samaras’s header last game if he’s that much better. Your back to 3!! :cool2:

The St Mirren goal was a touch of class by the winger. It would have beaten 90% of the worlds best goalkeepers 90% of the time. I was right behind it, it wouldn’t have mattered where the keeper was it had goal written all over it from the time he squared up to it and shot.

Having said all that Maka has made some wonderful saves in his time here, and kept us in games too, I just hope Stack provides enough competition for the two of them to fight it out for the gloves on a Saturday.

If we spent as much time looking for chinks in the ability of other players we’d choke the bloody internet.

Maka is progressing, Stack still has to prove himself. Lets get behind them both.

TornadoHibby
09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
TBF if Maka is to be blamed for an unhindered point blank powerful header from the edge of the 6 yard box at Tynecastle, which he managed to partially block then Stack should really have done a pirouette, a double back flip then caught the ball in one hand and spun it Harlem Globetrotters style at Samaras’s header last game if he’s that much better. Your back to 3!! :cool2:

The St Mirren goal was a touch of class by the winger. It would have beaten 90% of the worlds best goalkeepers 90% of the time. I was right behind it, it wouldn’t have mattered where the keeper was it had goal written all over it from the time he squared up to it and shot.

Having said all that Maka has made some wonderful saves in his time here, and kept us in games too, I just hope Stack provides enough competition for the two of them to fight it out for the gloves on a Saturday.

If we spent as much time looking for chinks in the ability of other players we’d choke the bloody internet.

Maka is progressing, Stack still has to prove himself. Lets get behind them both.

Wot he said! :wink:

:thumbsup:

sesoim
09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
This is becoming tiresome, but Maka has made LOADS of mistakes over the last two year - some obvious, some only noticeable by the more intelligent among us. Hughes will give Stack his chance and if he flops, he'll sign another keeper in January. Either way, Maka is out.

degenerated
09-09-2009, 09:52 PM

it is if you're Lee Miller :devil:

Hibs90
10-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Hertz at ER Aguiars Free Kick, Should have saved it.

Theres another 2 pts, getting close to that 20 pt mark Meeko, you gonna retract that statement??

:faf:

Was that last season?

Your a clown.

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2009, 07:53 AM
:faf:

Was that last season?

Your a clown.

Yes it was last season.

Ronaldo9
10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Yes it was last season.