PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yambams/Scotland top

BigKev
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
If this (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1789996,00.html) was a Hibs top would you buy it?

Liam_Hibs
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
No:jamboak:

magnificent_seven
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
No way, thats pretty boggin' that to be honest. Even if it was half Hibs/half Scotland!

NOLA
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
that lot will do anything for money!

Leith Green
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Thats about as tacky as anything you will ever see..

Reminds me of the poor fake fitba strips you get when on holiday.. Typical Hearts !

Jonnyboy
07-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Nope

Will they be bringing out half Jambo/half Lithuanian/Spanish/English etc I wonder :wink:

Sudds_1
07-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Shirley they'vegot the wrong country ?

Yams are twinned with Lith..aren't they? :confused:

RoslinInstHibby
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
If this (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1789996,00.html) was a Hibs top would you buy it?

i would maybe buy a hibs one, would be a cool strip for my hols

Pedantic_Hibee
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I have just recovered from absolutely hosing myself at that.

How ***** is that? It looks like the cheapest, tackiest football strip I have ever seen in my life. And they want £35 for that?

I'm sorry, but if ever anyone was in doubt about how cash strapped they muppets are then that should silence them. 35 notes? 35 f***ing notes? For that? Seriously?

It's a "highly limited edition garment" apparently and it's a "superb high-quality shirt featuring Hearts and Scotland". To help out their motley selection of knuckle-dragging fans who would only recognise a Union Jack and Northern Ireland badge, the manufacturers have sensibly written "Hearts" above their badge and "Scotland" above the national badge.

The stitching looks awful throughout and as for the badges themselves, that's those iron-on things isn't it, surely?

"Priced at just £34.99, this premium line will likely sell out by Wednesday"........erm, no it won't. Ever.

They are the most cringeworthy, embarrassing joke of a football club I've ever known. This potentially just takes the prize as the most hilarious thing they've done for years (and I include hiring Rix).

£34.99? Thirty Four, Ninety Nine? :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Jack
07-09-2009, 02:20 PM
With Scotland’s gargantuan battle just two days away and a real possibility of Scotland getting pumped out the World Cup (although I sincerely hope not) does anyone else think that these were delivered, at least, a few months too late; or ordered and advertised a bit early?

I can see the point at the start of the campaign; I can see the point when we qualify.

If we don’t qualify what I can see is hundreds, hopefully thousands, of [paid for by Hearts] unsold ‘Heartland’ tops gathering dust on their shop shelves waiting their turn to go into the next Hahahearts church jumble sale.

That aside I think it’s a good idea although I probably wouldn’t buy a Hibs version.

hibs0666
07-09-2009, 02:30 PM
For top tackiness and embarrassment factor, that thing is up there with the RRevolution maroon satin (reversible) bomber jacket of a few years back.

Hibbie_Cameron
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
That really is horrid. I must add that i would probably find a hibs version just as bad. If there is one thing i cant stand seeing at international games its people wearing their teams colours (apart from on kilts)

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM

That's gorgeous. In fact I would go as far as to say "The bees knees".

Tempted to get one to go with my maroon based tartan kilt. :duck:

Seriously - Who in their right mind would want to wear that excuse for a top to Scotland games highlighting that they are also a supporter of the Yams the most hated football team in Scotland.

:doh: Answer = A Yam of course. :greengrin

Reason for editing: Answer above should read nobody - not even the Yams apparently.

HibeeUnderwood
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
No I would not buy that, doesn't matter what club made it!

Its Pish!

I'd rather cut out my own heart and eat it as a sunday roast!(if you believe in that stuff :confused:)

Its just boggin, who comes up with these laughable crap designs?

:hahaha:

LamontHFC©
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
It's not even the real, official Scotland badge/logo.

:faf:

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Just been on Kickback :duck: and even they think it's honking. :thumbsup:

More money down the swanney for the Yams. Anyone know how many Hearts ordered. Did they go the full hog and get 400,000. Where's the pray smilie gone. :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
£34.99:faf:

Vlad at his best once again, and the way they big it up on the website, comedy genius:faf:

gargantuan battle:faf: high quality:faf: JUST £34.99:faf: this premium line will likely sell out by Wednesday:faf:

Please, mah sides:faf::faf::faf:

Peevemor
07-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Cocks.

GreenCastle
07-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Talk about trying to make money at any opportunity :bitchy:

Who makes the kit ?

Looks so fake and I wouldn't pay 10 quid for one let alone 35 quid! :faf:

:jamboclow:ostrich::titanic::vladsheep::feed::nade ::lolyam:

This is up there with their promotion for their new kit a few years back when they had those chav's on a portobello beach. Any one still got that pic ? :jamboak:

whereswallace?
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
That is absolutely rotten,i wouldnt buy that even if the other half was Hibs.Tacky effort.

marinello59
07-09-2009, 03:04 PM
OK, who faked that web page. It's a belter.:faf:
What? It's genuine?.........:faf::faf::faf:

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Maybe the players should wear that top on Wednesday night. It would scare the shiit out the Dutch more than our forward line.

robinp
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I thought scotland wore blue? :confused: :faf:

Jumbo
07-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Highly limited and will sell out by Wednesday, obviously means there is only 1 been made and some :jamboclow will buy it :hahaha:

the_ginger_hibee
07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I actually went up to buy this today.

Gutted it was cash only. Only had my Visa :rolleyes::wink:

Phil D. Rolls
07-09-2009, 03:41 PM
That is *****ing awful. Not content with ripping off an Ajax top last year, they've decided to copy Feyenoord. Whose side are they really on?

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 03:41 PM
I actually went up to buy this today.

Gutted it was cash only. Only had my Visa :rolleyes::wink:

Wait until next week you'll be able to get one out of poundstretchers. If it's a "Nade" version of the top then you'll have to go to ten thousand poundstretchers. :wink:

the_ginger_hibee
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Wait until next week you'll be able to get one out of poundstretchers. If it's a "Nade" version of the top then you'll have to go to ten thousand poundstretchers. :wink:

Thats not one of they diddy places that only accepts cash is it?

Mmm.. Must just be the Glorious Amazing YamS

hibsbollah
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Thats absolutely manky:faf:

Gatecrasher
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I just thought it was 2 tops sewn together so nade can wear it

Saorsa
07-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh dear :faf::faf:

Sprouleflyer
07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I have just recovered from absolutely hosing myself at that.

How ***** is that? It looks like the cheapest, tackiest football strip I have ever seen in my life. And they want £35 for that?

I'm sorry, but if ever anyone was in doubt about how cash strapped they muppets are then that should silence them. 35 notes? 35 f***ing notes? For that? Seriously?

It's a "highly limited edition garment" apparently and it's a "superb high-quality shirt featuring Hearts and Scotland". To help out their motley selection of knuckle-dragging fans who would only recognise a Union Jack and Northern Ireland badge, the manufacturers have sensibly written "Hearts" above their badge and "Scotland" above the national badge.

The stitching looks awful throughout and as for the badges themselves, that's those iron-on things isn't it, surely?

"Priced at just £34.99, this premium line will likely sell out by Wednesday"........erm, no it won't. Ever.

They are the most cringeworthy, embarrassing joke of a football club I've ever known. This potentially just takes the prize as the most hilarious thing they've done for years (and I include hiring Rix).

£34.99? Thirty Four, Ninety Nine? :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

You will be able to pick it up at a church jumble sale in Gorgie in a few months for 34p!!!

degenerated
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
they really have hit a new low here, i never imagined the day that i would see a sartorial faux pas of such a magnitude that even jambos wouldn't wear it.

alan gordon
07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
The Jambos top is awful, this isn't much better. (If I've uploaded it correctly).

Sergey
07-09-2009, 05:19 PM
they really have hit a new low here, i never imagined the day that i would see a sartorial faux pas of such a magnitude that even jambos wouldn't wear it.

FFS - £34.99

£24.99 From Argos

WeAreHibs
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I had to check the date just to nake sure.

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I think (and I've no love for the Scotland national set up) that this is both tasteless and potentially divisive.

I thought that supporting a national side was about shelving club loyalties and coming together as one.

If this rather shabby practice became widespread it's not hard to envisage trouble breaking out after too much drink and another insipid perfomance on foreign soil between groups of Scotland 'fans' of different clubs.

Yet another crass and classless move from a club I sadly would have expected nothing less from.

Hibby D
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
That really is horrid. I must add that i would probably find a hibs version just as bad. If there is one thing i cant stand seeing at international games its people wearing their teams colours (apart from on kilts)

:agree:

Wonder how many Yams will find one of them in their Christmas stocking this year - Erra strips - two fir a score :greengrin

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM
The Jambos top is awful, this isn't much better. (If I've uploaded it correctly).

I would buy that tomorrow if the right matched the left. Quality. :agree:

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM

Wonder how many Yams will find one of them in their Christmas stocking this year - Erra strips - two fir a score :greengrin

Knowing the Yams they would probably wear the christmas stockings to enhance the top. :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
For a start unlike the English the tartan army frown upon any club names on flags or banners, its more or less a rule but ive seen a yam flag at some games but has dissapeared lately, only they could come up with that kind of gash, pathetic really, when I go to a Scotland match I really dont want to know what team you support only that you are part of the Scotland family

Mag7
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Only the yams could come up with such an idea. A sad attempt by a club which has had its Scottish heart ripped out of it to claim some kind of allegiance to the nation. It's so far off the mark it's embarrassing. Much as I have always despised them, I was once prepared to acknowledge that Hearts were a bona fide club with a long and sometimes proud history, but whatever that thing is up Gorgie Road these days it ain't a football club. Anyone that thinks they are still the Hearts of old is deluded beyond help. Either that or they can't bear to tear themselves away from what was once their team and cling desperately to what is now nothing but a memory.

degenerated
07-09-2009, 05:50 PM
FFS - £34.99

£24.99 From Argos

them's the vagaries

lyonhibs
07-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I assumed upon clicking on the link that this was some sort of charity operation, a %age of profits from which would go to some Scottish charity or somesuch.

But, it would appear, and I'm struggling to get my head round this, that Hearts - who aren't cash strapped at all remember :dizzy: - have decided to concoct some tacky abomination of a strip, that would have taken the remedial class at my old Primary School about 0.8 seconds to knock up and are having the gall to promote it as "a superb high quality shirt" and charge - wait for it - THIRTY FIVE quid for the priviledge of wearing this profiteering *****e that the 1st team won't even so much as touch, let alone actually wear.

If Hertz sell more than 50 of them, then the Yambolinos truly have been taken in hook, line and sinker.

I suspect this latest money raising "effort" will have a dedicated section at the now-annual Gorgie Parish Church "***** we couldn't sell at even half price during the regular season cos it's too tacky even for the Yams" car boot sale sometime next summer.

What was DBS saying about wishing Hearts would do something silly??

I can't believe they have been quite so obliging, quite so quickly.

Oh no wait, I can.

soupy
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Its a shocker, altho not as bad as their home top......:greengrin

woody47
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM

Not a chance in h£ll. It is rank rotten and has to be one of the worst tops ever - even if it had Hibs on it.
Talk about jumping on the band wagon. I really hope we would never go to these depths.
Hibs top remains a Hibs top and a Scotland top remains a Scotland top and the two should never be mixed.

sadtom
07-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Half hertz, half engerland!!!!!!?
Why dont potential buyers just head to seafield and have a wee roll about in the sewage. thirty odd bucks saved!

poolman
08-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Had a look over at Yamsville after boakin at that top to see if there was any other gantin stuff and came accross this for £3.00 :faf:

http://hearts.officialshop.net/product.php?productid=13&cat=0&page=1

I take it this is what the beautiful people were wearing this summer :jamboak:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2009, 11:34 AM
No way, thats pretty boggin' that to be honest. Even if it was half Hibs/half Scotland!

I was going to say that, it doesnae matter who the club are it just looks Raphael! :wink:

RoslinInstHibby
08-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I would buy that tomorrow if the right matched the left. Quality. :agree:

:agree: i would too

Alicky Ranks
08-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Only the yams could come up with such an idea. A sad attempt by a club which has had its Scottish heart ripped out of it to claim some kind of allegiance to the nation. It's so far off the mark it's embarrassing. Much as I have always despised them, I was once prepared to acknowledge that Hearts were a bona fide club with a long and sometimes proud history, but whatever that thing is up Gorgie Road these days it ain't a football club. Anyone that thinks they are still the Hearts of old is deluded beyond help. Either that or they can't bear to tear themselves away from what was once their team and cling desperately to what is now nothing but a memory.

Sums them up perfectly.

KeithTheHibby
08-09-2009, 01:00 PM
That could in fact be the most disgusting, horrible, vile, spewing top I have ever seen in my puff.

£35 for that cheap crap?? And how deluded are they by saying that they are sure to sell out???

Watch out for the club shop to be giving these away in the January sales!

degenerated
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm surprised they never put a poppy on the hearts side, it's coming up for that time of year.

given that clubs need for a quick buck and complete lack of class what's the bets on a special remembrance day commemorative top going on sale this year :devil:

--------
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
It's not even the real, official Scotland badge/logo.

They'd have had to pay for permission to put the proper Scotland badge on it. Pay money.

And they still haven't paid their last fine, AFAIK.

Oh dear.

It really doesn't work, does it? :rolleyes:

--------
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm surprised they never put a poppy on the hearts side, it's coming up for that time of year.

given that clubs need for a quick buck and complete lack of class what's the bets on a special remembrance day commemorative top going on sale this year :devil:

No - the "let's remember how we won the First World War and saved civilisation all on our little lonesome" shirts with the poppies are Vlad's next nice little earner ....

.... though if he can't flog this lot, he'll probably have poppies put on them in his sweatshop down in the Gorgie slums and offer them as a special offer.

Buy two and you get a free genuine Lithuanian Jimmy-wig FREE!

jacomo
08-09-2009, 01:17 PM
For top tackiness and embarrassment factor, that thing is up there with the RRevolution maroon satin (reversible) bomber jacket of a few years back.

:jamboak:

The Hearts "shield" on this top is a thing of wonder, no?

Makes you wonder how any designer could produce this and think "Yup, happy with that".

Incidentally, what has happened to RRevolution?

degenerated
08-09-2009, 01:53 PM

Makes you wonder how any designer could produce this and think "Yup, happy with that".

its on the offficial site shop section although the tour jacket with detachable sleeves (or whatever the hell it was)is no longer there, just the other assorted *****e they thought people would wear. i'm hoping that the jacket is actually sold out, that would be funny.

jacomo
08-09-2009, 02:06 PM
its on the offficial site shop section although the tour jacket with detachable sleeves (or whatever the hell it was)is no longer there, just the other assorted *****e they thought people would wear. i'm hoping that the jacket is actually sold out, that would be funny.

The stuff left on the website is just clearance stock.

When RRevolution launched, there was big talk about "this season's range" and this being a new brand that was going to develop over time.

I think they only launched one range! Mind you, just how many boggin reversible satin jackets can the world cope with?

Sudds_1
08-09-2009, 02:58 PM

....it revolted.....(or should that be "is revolting")...:duck:

The Harp
08-09-2009, 09:48 PM
This would only appeal to those wi' absolutely nae taste whatsoever ... ie Yams!!! :bitchy:

The_Todd
09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Good lord no. That's horrific.

Andy74
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Are the sold out signs up yet?

Extremely limited could of course mean they only made one. Even then I'm sure they would struggle to sell out.

For a 'big' team they don't half look amateur in almost everything they do.

Edit: I don't know why but I clicked on the Ubig link on their site. The bit about Hearts is a fantastic read. A real work of fantasy. It even mentions how Rrevolution chose Hearts for its first sportswear collection! I've sadi before but how these numpties can be some arogant and deluded when that is what they are part of is just remarkable. They should be ashamed to leave their house on a daily basis.

The_Todd
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
For a 'big' team they don't half look amateur in almost everything they do.

Indeed. I was on holiday in Cyprus this year, and a lot of the shops sell blatant rip-off replicas of football shirts. This looks even cheaper and tackier than even them.

Sergey
09-09-2009, 04:05 PM

It's Clichéd To Be Cynical At Christmas.

heidtheba
09-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I think its nice that the designer of Newcastle's 'Banana' strip was able to find employment again. Its down there with that tartan top that someone came up with (Arbroath?) in the mid-90s.

Kato
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Cocks.

Without the balls.

degenerated
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM

It's Clichéd To Be Cynical At Christmas.

i'd rather be seen by my mates coming out of a styx gig than wear anything like that

mglancy23
10-09-2009, 11:58 AM
never seen anyone at the game with it on! :faf::faf:

Andy74
10-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Amazingly this is still available today, a whole day after the big match.

Curiously you can only buy a max of two. Was this their idea of extremely limited. They only made two?

The_Todd
10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Amazingly this is still available today, a whole day after the big match.

Curiously you can only buy a max of two. Was this their idea of extremely limited. They only made two?

Guy Fawkes season will be upon us soon, they'll sell out for that no bother.