PDA

View Full Version : Scotland call ups (merged)

Spike Mandela
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Gavin Rae and Graham Dorrans called up for Wed.

MSK
07-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Gavin Rae and Graham Dorrans called up for Wed.Rolling out the youth then eh ...

GlesgaeHibby
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Who do they replace?

Spike Mandela
07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Who do they replace?

McFadden for one of course, not sure who else.:dunno:

wazoo1875
07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe Scott Brown , he has a dodgy ankle i think . Though if he can make it in anyway , ithik he will be patched up and thrown out there .
Don't know for sure but did someone not pull out last week and no one was called in to replace them . Sure i heard that on the radio .

Ritchie
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
dorrans would be a good replacement for brown if he isnt fit. :agree:

Tomsk
07-09-2009, 10:21 AM
dorrans would be a good replacement for brown if he isnt fit. :agree:

And Rae would be a good replacement for ... em, hold on. Em, can I get back to you on that one?

Actually, he would probably be a good replacement for midfield libero Graeme Alexander. :faf:

ancienthibby
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM

CaLoom Davidson

Alicky Ranks
07-09-2009, 10:33 AM

Who? Seriously, who does he play for?!

I've heard of Rae, but come to think of it, who does HE play for these days? And surely he's past it (if he ever had it).

JimBHibees
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
who? Seriously, who does he play for?!

I've heard of rae, but come to think of it, who does he play for these days? And surely he's past it (if he ever had it).

wba

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Who? Seriously, who does he play for?!

I've heard of Rae, but come to think of it, who does HE play for these days? And surely he's past it (if he ever had it).

Championship pace-setters Cardiff.

Sylar
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
I saw Rae playing for Cardiff last weekend, on the lunchtime Sky game, and he DID have a good game, but how consistent he is, is another question!

Dorrans has had some superb performances for WBA since leaving Livingston and is certainly a player worthy of international recognition!

Still no Riordan though - maybe Burley just doesnae like the boy?

yekimevol
07-09-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12098_5542304,00.html
why gavin rae he is useless. dorrans is a ok midfielder but not for internationals

Owain_1987
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
why gavin rae he is useless. dorrans is a ok midfielder but not for internationals

Rae as been outstanding this season for Cardiff. See Bristol City and D&D highlights. Don't know what he will do for Scotland but he is having a good season.

Spike Mandela
07-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Still no Riordan though - maybe Burley just doesnae like the boy?

To be a striker for Scotland you don't have to score goals you just have to be able to run about all day like Kenny Miller.:bitchy:

Dumfrieshibs
07-09-2009, 11:33 AM
When we are missing McFudboy and are gonna need someone who can produce something special out of nothing against the Dutch , it would seem like Deeks should have been the obvious choice :dunno:

johnrebus
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Deek will not be capped as long as Burley and Butcher are in charge.

:grr:

Barrylavety
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM
why no deek? :grr:

silverhibee
07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Deek will not be capped as long as Burley and Butcher are in charge.

:grr:

Why.

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
When we are missing McFudboy and are gonna need someone who can produce something special out of nothing against the Dutch , it would seem like Deeks should have been the obvious choice :dunno:

McFudboy?

You meaning the McFudboy who scored the winners against France and Holland, and the clincher on Saturday?

THAT McFudboy? :confused:

lyonhibs
07-09-2009, 12:42 PM
McFudboy?

You meaning the McFudboy who scored the winners against France and Holland, and the clincher on Saturday?

THAT McFudboy? :confused:

I imagine so.

What a fud he is right enough!!!.................... :bitchy::yawn:

Going to be a mammoth miss on Wednesday

iwasthere1972
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM

:bye: McTosspot

the_ginger_hibee
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
:bye: McTosspot

McChicken Sandwich :agree:

Westie1875
07-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Why.

I think we would all like to know the answer to that one.

And what about Kevin Thomson?

Jonnyboy
07-09-2009, 02:11 PM
The Dutch will be kacking themselves at this news :fibber:

LamontHFC©
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM

What ARE you talking about???

Do you even watch the games?! Cos' I know you don't go to them. .

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I think we would all like to know the answer to that one.

And what about Kevin Thomson?

The injured Kevin Thomson, you mean? :wink:

Westie1875
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
The injured Kevin Thomson, you mean? :wink:

He is not injured as far as I am aware, played in the huns game v Hearts and got sent off. Granted he has recently come back from an injury but so has McManus.

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM
He is not injured as far as I am aware, played in the huns game v Hearts and got sent off. Granted he has recently come back from an injury but so has McManus.

Ah, the fit one then? :greengrin

No idea then....

bobbyhibs1983
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
i was thinking on saturday with mcmanus being out injured for x amount of months and only played 2 and a bit reserve games in that time, do we have any other decent defenders?I was thinking and thinking and bang, what about Ian murray? i know he has been suspended but least he played the tail end of last season and had a pre season

as above why have deeks not been in with a shout?

Leitherhibs
07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Strange that some old firm players haven't been called up at all, when you conisder some get called up jsut because they played for the OF, the likes of Charlie Adam, Chris Burke, Craig Beattie all got call ups under smith and mcleish.
Then you have players like.. Kevin Thomson, Mark Wilson, Stevie Smith who dont despite the fact the competition/roles are some of the weaker in the squad.
How Jamie McAllister always gets a call up is beyond me when he is blatantly never going to be played much rather a youngster got a chance and experience of international club football, Lee Wallace should be in there without a doubt, yam or not. Riordan should be too, without any doubt. One thing Berti Vogts wasn't scared of was calling up someone regardless of who they played for bad thing or not.

woody47
07-09-2009, 09:25 PM
i was thinking on saturday with mcmanus being out injured for x amount of months and only played 2 and a bit reserve games in that time, do we have any other decent defenders?I was thinking and thinking and bang, what about Ian murray? i know he has been suspended but least he played the tail end of last season and had a pre season

as above why have deeks not been in with a shout?

We have a sh !t manager in Burley.
Also IM played in the cup game so he has had more time on the pitch than that useless Mcmanus but then IM doesn't play for the infirm.

500miles
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
We have a sh !t manager in Burley.
Also IM played in the cup game so he has had more time on the pitch than that useless Mcmanus but then IM doesn't play for the infirm.

McManus is a better CH than Murray, and a couple of inches taller to boot. Being objective here, Murray isn't great in the air, and Macedonia were using the wings at every oppertunit as it was.

As for Riordan, if he keeps his game at the same standard as he has set in the last couple of games - especially his newfound energy - then he'll get his chance in Japan. However, he's earned himself a poor reputation in terms of work ethic, and will have to shine twice as bright to get noticed.

hibsdaft
07-09-2009, 11:11 PM
midfield libero Graeme Alexander. :faf:

:tee hee: