PDA

View Full Version : hibs rangers 1993

kirky hibs
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Dont know if its been posted league cup final from 1993 is alba now

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Mark Hately is a dirty cheating so and so. Sixteen years have come and gone and I still can't let it go.:grr:

Lucius Apuleius
07-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Was that McCoist's overhead kick? If so I still think it was dangerous play.:grr:

Rougier45
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
First time Ive seen it since game and was pretty rubber at the time.

Hibs played well 4 3 3 who says Miller was boring some cracking players in that team:

Leighton, Hunter, Willie Miller(what happened to him), Oneil, Jackson, Crunchy, Keith, Keith , Keith .

Better team than we have now ?

Brilliant hibs support and the usual 90 minutes of secterian pish from the sticky's

What about Keith Eudardo dive thought that was a foreigner thing.

Wish we had won that

TheEastTerrace
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
First time Ive seen it since game and was pretty rubber at the time.

Hibs played well 4 3 3 who says Miller was boring some cracking players in that team:

Leighton, Hunter, Willie Miller(what happened to him), Oneil, Jackson, Crunchy, Keith, Keith , Keith .

Better team than we have now ?

Brilliant hibs support and the usual 90 minutes of secterian pish from the sticky's

What about Keith Eudardo dive thought that was a foreigner thing.

Wish we had won that

Where I was standing, it look a stonewaller, but when I saw the highlights he did dive. I can't remember it exactly but from what I remember if Keith had simply rounded Maxwell, it would have been an empty net but he played for the pen. Could be wrong so happy to be proved so.

McCoist was a bloody pain in the arse in those days, almost as bad as Robertson was for Hertz against us. IIRC he wasn't long back from that broken leg he got against Portugal, or maybe it was a different injury, but then proceeded to miss most of the remainder of the season after the final.

Peevemor
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Where I was standing, it look a stonewaller, but when I saw the highlights he did dive. I can't remember it exactly but from what I remember if Keith had simply rounded Maxwell, it would have been an empty net but he played for the pen. Could be wrong so happy to be proved so.

I recorded the match and studied it when I got home. From the main camera angle it did look like Wright dived - which would have been daft as he was past the keeper with an empty goal in front of him. One replay showed a different angle however (which was the same viewpoint the referee had!) and you could clearly see that Maxwell's legs 'hooked' around Wright as he was going past and he accidentally clipped his heels - definite penalty.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Was that McCoist's overhead kick? If so I still think it was dangerous play.:grr:

Jammy wee git - he'd been out injured for about 3 months and was his first start IIRC

JimBHibees
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I recorded the match and studied it when I got home. From the main camera angle it did look like Wright dived - which would have been daft as he was past the keeper with an empty goal in front of him. One replay showed a different angle however (which was the same viewpoint the referee had!) and you could clearly see that Maxwell's legs 'hooked' around Wright as he was going past and he accidentally clipped his heels - definite penalty.

If he done it accidentally it wouldnt be a penalty, there needs to be intent.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Unless you are Schumacher :cool2:

Peevemor
07-09-2009, 02:22 PM

There was a directive issued to referees stating that if a player is tripped by the trailing leg(s) of an opponent, then a free is to be awarded.

CropleyWasGod
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Jammy wee git - he'd been out injured for about 3 months and was his first start IIRC

Came on as sub. I was sitting behind the Rangers' dug out, and said to my Dad when he came on "he'll score the winner of course".

Steve-O
08-09-2009, 06:44 AM

Came on as a sub, and had been out for even longer than that - his first appearance that season I think.

Rougier45
08-09-2009, 10:30 AM
True Story

Few years later I met Ally at the Scotland V England playoff first leg at hampden when we were done by Scholes.

So your best ever goal was the overhead kick against us in the LC final after your injury-Thats right he said.

Jesus I said it wasn't even the best goal of the match --what about big Dave the donkeys og.

Then I laughed loudly(free booze).

Ally never laughed ,:bye:

andyhibs
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Came on as a sub, and had been out for even longer than that - his first appearance that season I think.
:agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-09-2009, 12:08 PM

He broke his leg in the 5-0 defeat to Portugal in April 1993. This was his comeback game, unfortunately it was always destined to end one way. :grr: