PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton game question

RoxburghHibs
06-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Why is our next match away to Hamilton being played on a Sunday?

Frazerbob
06-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Why is our next match away to Hamilton being played on a Sunday?

People have been saying it's because Hamilton & Motherwell can't both play at home on the same day. I find that rediculous! How can they not cope with a combined crowd of around 10K when Motherwell have more than that by themselves when playing the Infirm.

Pathetic if that really is the reason.

Can you tell that I'm a bit pissed off? I go on holiday on Sunday so will miss the game. :grr:

wazoo1875
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
People have been saying it's because Hamilton & Motherwell can't both play at home on the same day. I find that rediculous! How can they not cope with a combined crowd of around 10K when Motherwell have more than that by themselves when playing the Infirm.

Pathetic if that really is the reason.

Can you tell that I'm a bit pissed off? I go on holiday on Sunday so will miss the game. :grr:
I don't understand why we are playing on the sunday either , both Motherwell and Hamilton played at home a couple of weeks ago :dunno:

Its because Motherwell are playing Rangers at Fir Park on the sat .

Antifa Hibs
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
2000 Hibbys and 8000 current buns could have the potential to be a disaster. Although saying that I'd have thought Rangers would be at 12.30?

Mag7
06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Been away for a few days, so apologies for asking a question I'm sure has probably already been answered but why is the Hamilton game on Sunday?

lyonhibs
06-09-2009, 09:34 PM
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! :dizzy:

I'll make an educated guess at it being because some bodge at SPL Ivory Towers has decided that Hamilton and Motherwell can't play at home on the same day, as the hardcore "Lanarkshire Aggro" would be FAR too much for the poils to handle.

I found this info from any one of the 12 previous threads on the subject :greengrin

Hibercelona
06-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Its daft really.

The police don't want Hamilton and Motherwell playing on the same day because they think that their will be too much hastle.

How they think 10,000 fans (tops) could be too much hastle is beyond me.

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! :dizzy:

I found this info from any one of the 1,200 previous threads on the subject :greengrin

on the front page as well http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=160473

:faf:

jgl07
06-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Its daft really.

The police don't want Hamilton and Motherwell playing on the same day because they think that their will be too much hastle.

How they think 10,000 fans (tops) could be too much hastle is beyond me.
Pay attention.

Motherwell and Hamilton have been at home on the same afternoon already this season.

It's because Rangers are at Motherwell.

I agree it is daft. When Partick were in the SPL there would be two matches in Glasgow one Saturday in two.

greenlad
07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Not been mentioned anywhere but I suspect this doesn't help either.

http://www.ents24.com/web/event/1721974/Parklife_2009.html

Main route to New Douglas Park is straight past SCP and I expect there will be quite a police presence at this rave.

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 09:43 PM
2000 Hibbys and 8000 current buns could have the potential to be a disaster. Although saying that I'd have thought Rangers would be at 12.30?
It is an early kick off

Moulin Yarns
08-09-2009, 05:15 AM
It is an early kick off

OK, I'll be the first one to ask, Why is the Hamilton v. Hibs game an early kick off and on a Sunday :greengrin