Just started on bbc1 for anyone who wants to see the highlights

iwasthere1972
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Just started on bbc1 for anyone who wants to see the highlights

Is Richard Gough on?

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Is Richard Gough on?

No Dougie Vipond and Pat Nevin im sure it was.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM
No Dougie Vipond and Pat Nevin im sure it was.

So which one has the highlights. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
So which one has the highlights. :greengrin

Paul Mitchell...........:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Just seen the Scott Brown incident. There was no reason for the Macedonia player to still be on the ground after so long and only lay there cause he knew it was close to half time and would waste more time.

It was a drop ball which SHOULD be contested. Nowt in the rules to suggest we have to give them the ball. Well done Scott Brown. :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
What a miss by faddy

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
What a miss by faddy

What a miss by Pandev........

iwasthere1972
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Just seen the Scott Brown incident. There was no reason for the Macedonia player to still be on the ground after so long and only lay there cause he knew it was close to half time and would waste more time.

It was a drop ball which SHOULD be contested. Nowt in the rules to suggest we have to give them the ball. Well done Scott Brown. :thumbsup:

If the idea was for Scotland to give possession back to Macedonia then the ref shouldn't gone with the drop ball decision. As you rightly say it's there to be contested. Just a shame McFadden got booked as a result of it. :grr:

Pete
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM

I thought it was shocking sportsmanship and should have been stopped there and then. The boy went down with a head knock...something that can't be gambled with. Replays show it was a sore one.

They knocked the ball out the first opportunity they had and in my opinion it was nothing to do with timewasting. It was the first half and they were more than competing!!

I love Brown and what he's all about but that was the side of him i don't like. If he was playing for Celtic and the the boy on the deck was Hogg we'd be wanting blood.

The Macedonians were quite right to be livid...and I'm surprised nobody stuck one on him.

Hibercelona
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Top drawer stuff from Faddy :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I thought it was shocking sportsmanship and should have been stopped there and then. The boy went down with a head knock...something that can't be gambled with. Replays show it was a sore one.

They knocked the ball out the first opportunity they had and in my opinion it was nothing to do with timewasting. It was the first half and they were more than competing!!

I love Brown and what he's all about but that was the side of him i don't like. If he was playing for Celtic and the the boy on the deck was Hogg we'd be wanting blood.

The Macedonians were quite right to be livid...and I'm surprised nobody stuck one on him.

Maybe shocking sportsmanship but what he did was not against the rules and to be fair he was indicating he was going for the drop ball which the opposition player should have done also.

Hibercelona
05-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Its his own fault for time wasting IMO.

The ball hit him in the head, so what?

That happens all the time in football, but most players dont feel the need to stay down on the deck for 5 minutes.

I think if he got right back up instead of time wasting, Scotland would have given them the ball back.

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM

That happens all the time in football, but most players dont feel the need to stay down on the deck for 5 minutes.

I think if he got right back up instead of time wasting, Scotland would have given them the ball back.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:..

Serves them right for timewasting........

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 11:05 PM

I've just watched it again on sky +. TBH, if the same thing had happened with them 1--0 down in the last few minutes, I honestly don't think he would have stayed down that long.

The ref stopped the game with a drop ball. A drop ball should, IMO, be contested. I say that at every Hibs game I go to when this happens, contest the drop ball.

In todays modern game though, generally that is not the norm, which is unfortunate and cheats are allowed to prosper.

Pete
05-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Why on earth would they be time-wasting?? It was in the first half and they were probably the better team up until then. They had to win the game as well remember.

The foot was inches away from the ball when it hit his head and he was genuinely down with a head-knock...he wasn't acting in any way and the game should have been stopped. To imply otherwise is ridiculous.

The only things I can say in Browns defence is that his intentions were lost in translation when it came to the drop ball...but he should have known better because chances are he saw the incident...and he should have just given them the ball back.

However, the referee has to take a portion of the blame here. He saw what happened and should have stopped the game. He'll look back at that and realise his mistake.

LamontHFC©
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Why on earth would they be time-wasting?? It was in the first half and they were probably the better team up until then. They had to win the game as well remember.

The foot was inches away from the ball when it hit his head and he was genuinely down with a head-knock...he wasn't acting in any way and the game should have been stopped. To imply otherwise is ridiculous.

The only things I can say in Browns defence is that his intentions were lost in translation when it came to the drop ball...but he should have known better because chances are he saw the incident...and he should have just given them the ball back.

However, the referee has to take a portion of the blame here. He saw what happened and should have stopped the game. He'll look back at that and realise his mistake.

Pity he won't do the same with McFadden's booking.

Pete
05-09-2009, 11:23 PM
I've just watched it again on sky +. TBH, if the same thing had happened with them 1--0 down in the last few minutes, I honestly don't think he would have stayed down that long.

Probably not but who knows? He definately wasn't acting and it was a good whack he got. If they were 1-0 up with a few minutes to go then I would understand but why would they timewaste at that stage of the game?

The ref stopped the game with a drop ball. A drop ball should, IMO, be contested. I say that at every Hibs game I go to when this happens, contest the drop ball.

In todays modern game though, generally that is not the norm, which is unfortunate and cheats are allowed to prosper.

I agree with that but Brown and the rest of the team were perfectly aware of what happened to the guy and must have realised this wasn't an act of gamesmanship on their behalf. They're not blind.
The captain should have come up to Brown and insisted the ball be given back to them. The only thing the other team were interested in since the incident was getting the ball out the park.

It's rank bad sportsmanship and leaves a slightly sour taste. I thought we were better than that.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2009, 11:24 PM

If he did, Broonie would get a second yellow, and be suspended for Wednesday.

Pete
05-09-2009, 11:25 PM

There's nothing he can do about that...stupid rules.

In the refs defence Faddy raised his hands slightly but in no way should he have been booked.

He'll be a big miss.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2009, 11:34 PM
There's nothing he can do about that...stupid rules.

In the refs defence Faddy raised his hands slightly but in no way should he have been booked.

He'll be a big miss.

Well at least he'll be available for the play offs. :cool2:

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Probably not but who knows? He definately wasn't acting and it was a good whack he got. If they were 1-0 up with a few minutes to go then I would understand but why would they timewaste at that stage of the game?

I agree with that but Brown and the rest of the team were perfectly aware of what happened to the guy and must have realised this wasn't an act of gamesmanship on their behalf. They're not blind.
The captain should have come up to Brown and insisted the ball be given back to them. The only thing the other team were interested in since the incident was getting the ball out the park.

It's rank bad sportsmanship and leaves a slightly sour taste. I thought we were better than that.

We'll have to agree to disagree with this one Peter, as I honestly believe with half time approaching the Macedonia player stayed down long enough to get to half time expecting the ball to be kicked out.

My honest opinion is that Scotty Brown done nowt wrong. Similar to Matty Jack in 2000 for Hibs against Dundee United. Am I too biased? :dunno: :greengrin

LamontHFC©
05-09-2009, 11:39 PM
If he did, Broonie would get a second yellow, and be suspended for Wednesday.

Would they actually do that? I know they were saying that on Sportscene but is that actually what'd happen???

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Would they actually do that? I know they were saying that on Sportscene but is that actually what'd happen???

If they rescinded McFadden's for mistaken identity, they'd have to. Otherwise it would be extremely unfair on the Macedonians, who have lost a player for Wednesday as well.

Pete
05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree with this one Peter, as I honestly believe with half time approaching the Macedonia player stayed down long enough to get to half time expecting the ball to be kicked out.

My honest opinion is that Scotty Brown done nowt wrong. Similar to Matty Jack in 2000 for Hibs against Dundee United. Am I too biased? :dunno: :greengrin

Probably...but it's not a bad thing:greengrin

If Brown was playing for hibs and it was a hearts player that was down then I'd be in the "Brown was right" camp.

I stand by my assessment of the incident but on reflection it doesn't change the outcome...We won and they lost...which is the most important thing:thumbsup:

woody47
05-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Did you actually watch the game? Their goal keeper was time wasting from the 10th minute :grr: each time one of their players went down they rolled about for 5 minutes :grr:
So fe ck them. Got what they deserved.
Go on yourself broonaldo. Get it right up them :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Probably...but it's not a bad thing:greengrin

If Brown was playing for hibs and it was a hearts player that was down then I'd be in the "Brown was right" camp.

I stand by my assessment of the incident but on reflection it doesn't change the outcome...We won and they lost...which is the most important thing:thumbsup:

Too true. :agree::greengrin

faffkid
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Macedonia were a dirty buch of cheating diving b*****ds and I'm glad Brown did what he did. Got a big cheer in the pub and quite right too!

It changed the game and got them fired up in the second half. It was ace!

Pete
06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Did you actually watch the game? Their goal keeper was time wasting from the 10th minute :grr: each time one of their players went down they rolled about for 5 minutes :grr:
So fe ck them. Got what they deserved.
Go on yourself broonaldo. Get it right up them :thumbsup:

I listened to it...and I disagree that they were timewasting.

They had to win the game as well...and they were in control in the first half!

Why would you come to a place you have to win and timewaste?

Hibercelona
06-09-2009, 12:37 AM
I listened to it...

So you never seen anything? Never mind their time wasting. :cool2: :wink:

Why would you come to a place you have to win and timewaste?

Sometimes teams waste time till the last 10 minutes of the game... then try to grab a late goal.

It can be an effective tactic, especially if you're the under dogs.

I know they were better than us in the first half... but thats down to us being gash, not them playing well.

Pete
06-09-2009, 12:56 AM
So you never seen anything? Never mind their time wasting. :cool2: :wink:

I listened to the whole match and have just watched the highlights so I reckon i'm qualified to give my opinion.:wink:

Sometimes teams waste time till the last 10 minutes of the game... then try to grab a late goal.

It can be an effective tactic, especially if you're the under dogs.

I know they were better than us in the first half... but thats down to us being gash, not them playing well.

Maybe if teams are under the cosh but they weren't. I got the feeling they could break away and score when they wanted to in the first half. Their comfotableness on the ball unnnerved us in the first half. It's as if we were looking for them to make the first move and they tried. That pandev would walk into any of our teams...national or club.

However, the pattern of the game is irrelevant.

The specific incident in question was clear cut to everyone on the pitch and you would have to be blind to interprate it any other way.

woody47
06-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I listened to the whole match and have just watched the highlights so I reckon i'm qualified to give my opinion.:wink:

Maybe if teams are under the cosh but they weren't. I got the feeling they could break away and score when they wanted to in the first half. Their comfotableness on the ball unnnerved us in the first half. It's as if we were looking for them to make the first move and they tried. That pandev would walk into any of our teams...national or club.

However, the pattern of the game is irrelevant.

The specific incident in question was clear cut to everyone on the pitch and you would have to be blind to interprate it any other way.

Sorry but I was there and they were time wasting from the 10th minute. What you listened to would not SHOW the time wasting and you certainly wouldn't see the time wasting on the highlights so NO I do not think that qualifies you to state they weren't at it.

ArabHibee
06-09-2009, 07:27 AM
My take on the incident was that Brown moved to the side so that the Macedonian player could kick the ball back down to the Scotland end (Brown was gesturing this with his hands) but the Macedonian player was having none of it. He wanted Brown to kick the ball back to them so fair play to Brown, he thought, fluck this for a laugh and I feel that Macedonia got what they deserved for ersing about.

If I recall correctly, the referee actually stopped the match before Macedonia kicked the ball out, they didn't look like they were urgently trying to get the ball out of the park although I do realise that Scotland had possession.

lapsedhibee
06-09-2009, 08:06 AM
If I recall correctly, the referee actually stopped the match before Macedonia kicked the ball out, they didn't look like they were urgently trying to get the ball out of the park
:agree: That's how I remember it too.

aljo7-0
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Yup Macedonia had the ball and the ref blew his whistle before they kicked it out. Therefore it was definitely a drop ball and there is nothing in the laws that says it should not be contested - when the ref blew the ball was deep in their half and we were pressing them. The ref got it all wrong as he shgould really have blown up a lot earlier due to the head knock.

Can't believe the ref would have booked Brown for contesting the drop ball as he allowed that to stand and gave the corner - must have booked Faddy on the advice of the assistant referee for the push he gave their No. 13 who had just kicked out at Brown - IMHO

Muppet refereeing I think