PDA

View Full Version : BROONY, how far could he go?

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:43 PM
This is related te another post where someone said that Brown could/would never sign and play for a team the likes of Man Utd, but a canny see why! Fergie loves bringing through Scots(and Irish) players and Broony is a Fergie type player, in that he's always had them at Utd! Giggs and Scholes are ending their playing days and Fergie will be looking for another world class midfielder which Brown is and because he plays in the SPL he could get him at a gud price compared to equal quality players else where(and Fergie loves a bargin).

Now, before anyone jumps doon ma neck saying its no Hibs so who cares, we must keep in mind we made the bhoy what he is and he is Scotlands best player and for those reasons alone this subject must be of interest because if Brown went te Man Utd I can bet you he'd get far more international recognition for the quality of player he is than if he stays at the tic, which can only be a boost fer Scottish fitbaw as we have no had a major internationally recognised star fer a while noo!!

Therefore watch this space in the summer!

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I think Scott is a great player, who would make a mark in the Premiership. It's been a pleasure to watch him to progress from the raw 16 year old who first came into the Hibs team into a rounded pro.

I hope he can go all the way.

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll quote my argument from the other thread,

If, as is to be believed, Celtic have put a price of around £11m on Brown then it could hardly be described as 'a gud price'. Ferguson only really signs Scottish and Irish players when they're vey young, ie Miller, Galbraith, Stewart, Fletcher etc. When was the last time Man Utd signed a Scottish or Irish outfield player of 21 or over?

For the record I said he wouldn't play for Man Utd. I didnt say he was gash or anything. :confused:

johnbc70
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Only my opinion but do not think he will play for a 'big' club. Yes he had a good game today and maybe he will go to EPL with Spurs or Everton etc, but do not think he is consistent enough for a Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Maybe I will be proved wrong but too many big games he has 'good' games, when he should be having 'brilliant' games.

I believe big players do big things in big games, yes it was a big game today but he needs to perform at a higher level at some of the ther bigger games I have seen him in over the last 2/3 years i.e. when Celtic were in Champions League I would not say he was a stand out, when he really needs to be if he wants to play for a 'big' club.

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:55 PM

For the record I said he wouldn't play for Man Utd. I didnt say he was gash or anything. :confused:

You're probably looking at McClair days but none have fitted the bill since then which Broon does and Fergie is no scared of Signing and playing Scots! Also, as I've already said, if Carrick is worth 18 million Broon is worth 11 and Fergie wudnae worry aboot spending that on him!

Fergie loves players like Broony!! He's aye had them at utd but hasnae really got one the moment!

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 06:57 PM
This is related te another post where someone said that Brown could/would never sign and play for a team the likes of Man Utd, but a canny see why! Fergie loves bringing through Scots(and Irish) players and Broony is a Fergie type player, in that he's always had them at Utd! Giggs and Scholes are ending their playing days and Fergie will be looking for another world class midfielder which Brown is and because he plays in the SPL he could get him at a gud price compared to equal quality players else where(and Fergie loves a bargin).

Now, before anyone jumps doon ma neck saying its no Hibs so who cares, we must keep in mind we made the bhoy what he is and he is Scotlands best player and for those reasons alone this subject must be of interest because if Brown went te Man Utd I can bet you he'd get far more international recognition for the quality of player he is than if he stays at the tic, which can only be a boost fer Scottish fitbaw as we have no had a major internationally recognised star fer a while noo!!

Therefore watch this space in the summer!

I thought it was just celtic fans who add a H to words

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 06:58 PM

I dont know if he will go to man united, but i'd love to see him get the chance, and see him play with that class of footballer. We'd then see just how good he is.

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:58 PM
You're probably looking at McClair days but none have fitted the bill since then which Broon does and Fergie is no scared of Signing and playing Scots! Also, as I've already said, if Carrick is worth 18 million Broon is worth 11 and Fergie wudnae worry aboot spending that on him!

How do you know Fergie isnt scared of signing Scottish players? Also Michael Carrick is an excellent player - as good, if not better than Xabi Alonso.

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:59 PM

:agree:

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 07:03 PM
How do you know Fergie isnt scared of signing Scottish players? Also Michael Carrick is an excellent player - as good, if not better than Xabi Alonso.

In terms of top , top players Alonso IS NOT one of them, he is a gud player but by no means is he one of the top midfielders in the world! I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
In terms of top , top players Alsonso IS NOT one of them, he is a gud player but by no means is he one of the top midfielders in the world! I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!

I was referring to that style of player, Scott Brown definately isnt that style of player so there isnt a comparison to be had whereas Carrick and Alonso are of a similar style of central midfielder.

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I was referring to that style of player, Scott Brown definately isnt that style of player so there isnt a comparison to be had whereas Carrick and Alonso are of a similar style of central midfielder.

Yes Carrick and Alonso are similar style players, but in terms of what a player can bring to a midfield, if Carrick is worth 18 Broon is worth 11, no doubt aboot it!!

millarco
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
In terms of top , top players Alonso IS NOT one of them, he is a gud player but by no means is he one of the top midfielders in the world! I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me Brown couldn't lace Alonso's boots.

It was great seeing Brown back to his best today, from running at defenders to snarling in their faces. However he needs to show this kind of performance more consistently-he should be running riot in the SPL. He needs to improve on many aspects of his game, his passing, shooting and touch for starters. He's good enough for the Premiership, but not for one of the top 4 IMO. Plenty of time to improve right enough.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
:yawn: You are becoming a tiresome bore. I think, but stand to be corrected if wrong, that Hibs were being called the Bhoys before your twin ugly sister had evn been shat onto the earth

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
:yawn: You are becoming a tiresome bore. I think, but stand to be corrected if wrong, that Hibs were being called the Bhoys before your twin ugly sister had evn been shat onto the earth

by who?

blueisthecolour

Could be your right but ive never heard anyone call hibs the bhoys, where does this H come from?

Perspective
He has great natural athleticism, real will to win and a lot of the raw tools to be a success.

I think he'd be a stand-out for the likes of Everton, but if he wants to move up another level he'll have to tidy up his passing and add goals to his game.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Could be your right but ive never heard anyone call hibs the bhoys, where does this H come from?

Its something us normal people call the alphabet.

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM

That's true.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
by who?
As I said, I stand to be corrected but I have heard this before. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable guys on here can confirm or otherwise

I think it became less and less when the theives at Darkheid started to use it

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Quoted post removed

well its no in ma books

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Quoted post removed

Funny that only last night someone asked where i had been as i hadn't been on here for a while.

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Funny that only last night someone asked where i had been as i hadn't been on here for a while.

LOL Yer an odd one man LOL !

hibee_nation
05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Trouble is the hun speaks mair sense ken like.

Randerson_4
05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
He has great natural athleticism, real will to win and a lot of the raw tools to be a success.

I think he'd be a stand-out for the likes of Everton, but if he wants to move up another level he'll have to tidy up his passing and add goals to his game.

Yeah Id go along with you there. As someone else said, he was back to his best today, but needs to be doing that every week. He should be running riot in the SPL, if he does that yeah a move to the EPL is on the cards. Look at top EPL teams midfields, Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal probably not, Liverpool for me yes, Spurs Villa Everton yes. So if he can improve why not

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Trouble is the hun speaks mair sense ken like.

Aye, that will be a first!

ronaldo7
05-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me Brown couldn't lace Alonso's boots.
It was great seeing Brown back to his best today, from running at defenders to snarling in their faces. However he needs to show this kind of performance more consistently-he should be running riot in the SPL. He needs to improve on many aspects of his game, his passing, shooting and touch for starters. He's good enough for the Premiership, but not for one of the top 4 IMO. Plenty of time to improve right enough.

:agree:

****in spot on ma man:thumbsup:

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Aye, that will be a first!

and where does that leave you

lookin gid

cad
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM

:applause::LOL::crazy: We are talking about Scott Brown of Celtic ,
never in a million years is he anyway near the class of Xabi Alonso.
Hes went backwards since he went west IMO, he would be a better player away from Celtic .
To say Alonso is not one of the best midfielders in the world and would rather have Broon than Alonso ,your on drugs and if your not you should be coming out with statements like that utter pash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_a_ehKnbA

I rest my case .

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 07:57 PM
and where does that leave you

lookin gid

Strange, siding with the gers BHOY! lol

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Strange, siding with the gers BHOY! lol

you have been made to look like an arse by a hun. gid?

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
:applause::LOL::crazy: We are talking about Scott Brown of Celtic ,
never in a million years is he anyway near the class of Xabi Alonso.
Hes went backwards since he went west IMO, he would be a better player away from Celtic .
To say Alonso is not one of the best midfielders in the world and would rather have Broon than Alonso ,your on drugs and if your not you should be coming out with statements like that utter pash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_a_ehKnbA

I rest my case .

Alonso is a gud player, aye, that's a fact but so is Brown and although they are different in styles, in what they could bring to a team in the EPL i'd go for Brown every time! The original question related te if Brown could/would play for a team the likes of Man Utd and I was making the piont that Fergie likes Brown type players and I could see Fergie signing Brown and then improving him! He's still young enough and he's never found a replacement for Keane! Therefore, if Brown did play for a team like Man Utd it would only help the profile of Scottish fitbaw on an international setting!

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Alonso is a gud player, aye, that's a fact but so is Brown and although they are different in styles, in what they could bring to a team in the EPL i'd go for Brown every time! The original question related te if Brown could/would play for a team the likes of Man Utd and I was making the piont that Fergie likes Brown type players and I could see Fergie signing Brown and then improving him! He's still young enough and he's never found a replacement for Keane! Therefore, if Brown did play for a team like Man Utd it would only help the profile of Scottish fitbaw on an international setting!

Never good enough for man utd

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 08:27 PM

the only ex hibby with the potential to play at the highest level is steven whittaker

way way way too good to be a hun

sadtom
05-09-2009, 08:27 PM

He is twice the player D Fletcher is so how do you work that one out?

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Have you been out on the lash ???

sadtom
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes Carrick and Alonso are similar style players, but in terms of what a player can bring to a midfield, if Carrick is worth 18 Broon is worth 11, no doubt aboot it!!

If Carrick is worth 18 I'M worth 11!!!

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
the only ex hibby with the potential to play at the highest level is steven whittaker

Don't forget about Kevin Thomson...... He will a long long way in the game if he stays fit....

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
He is twice the player D Fletcher is so how do you work that one out?

Yeah yeah, funny how fletcher is used in all man utds euro games where his game is suited he does so much for that team and is very under rated except by sir AF, i could be wrong but sir AF knows a player when he sees one and if DF wasn't doing a job he wouldn't get a game.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM

If you mean the likes of man utd barca chelsea even arsenal ur havin a laugh.

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Don't forget about Kevin Thomson...... He will a long long way in the game if he stays fit....

fantastic player indeed and even if (hopefully) his injuries are behind him he is not consistent enough IMHO
like brown he is also a bit of an idiot at times

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
If you mean the likes of man utd barca chelsea even arsenal ur havin a laugh.

thats exactly what i mean and i am being perfectly serious.
you have only seen him play in a seriously garbage team which makes your opinion worthless

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
fantastic player indeed and even if (hopefully) his injuries are behind him he is not consistent enough IMHO
like brown he is also a bit of an idiot at times

Now Barry the crab has left Rangers , KT will step up to the plate and make that position his own... He will also be a regular for Scotland.. Just hope he can stay fit....

sadtom
05-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah yeah, funny how fletcher is used in all man utds euro games where his game is suited he does so much for that team and is very under rated except by sir AF, i could be wrong but sir AF knows a player when he sees one and if DF wasn't doing a job he wouldn't get a game.

Whats funny about it ya ticket?
Never once did i say that i didn't think Fletcher was a decent player. but its obvious to a blind man in a fog wi a bag over his head that Broony is better.
To all except for jilted huns it would seem.
How did that song go again? "we're gonna get Scott Brown, we're gonna get Scott Brown..."

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Never once did i say that i didn't think Fletcher was a decent player. but its obvious to a blind man in a fog wi a bag over his head that Broony is better.
How did that song go again? "we're gonna get Scott Brown, we're gonna get Scott Brown..."

I'd go along with Broon is a better player which draws me back te ma original piont that a canny see why Fergie wudnae go for Broon at 11 million!

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Ya ticket, care to explain
Sir AF must be a blind man or he would have taken Brown for under £10 million which is not much money to man utd.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 08:53 PM
thats exactly what i mean and i am being perfectly serious.
you have only seen him play in a seriously garbage team which makes your opinion worthless

Why is it worthless, Scott Brown is a good player but there is a reason he is playing in the spl woth celtic he is simply not good enough for the teams mentioned.

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Why is it worthless, Scott Brown is a good player but there is a reason he is playing in the spl woth celtic he is simply not good enough for the teams mentioned.

we were discussing whittaker not brown so if thats all you have away and play with your pal lewis77

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
we were discussing whittaker not brown so if thats all you have away and play with your pal lewis77

I'd rather be playin wi another hibee than yer pal the hun! Shows wat level o thinking is goin doon in yer napper!

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Sorry getting caught in 2 arguments here but if you think SW is good enough for Man utd Chelsea Arsenal Barca ect you really are talking the biggest lot of p*ss, he is good at going forward but his defending leaves a lot of questions against opposition in the spl never mind the Epl

If Alan Hutton was still at rangers SW would be no where near the first team.

Pete
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM

I think your hatred of Celtic clouding is your judgement slightly.

Right now Brown isn't good enough for any of the top four. He has great enthusiasm and energy but you need more than that. The Arsenal midfield made him look like a journeyman....they just passed the ball around him and he looked completely out of his depth....as did the rest of the celtic midfield.

There's no way he's in the same league as Xabi Alonso. He doesn't have half the touch, vision or composure of Alonso. I don't think touch or vision is something that you can really coach into players because I think things like that are learned at a very young age. Foreigners excell at this because their footballing culture is a lot more relaxed and they value time on the ball and are not encouraged to "get it forward" or look for the world cup willie pass.
British players in general can improve that side of their game but they'll never have the same comfort on the ball as their foreign counterparts.

Nearly every foreign footballing country in the world has "world class" players who seem to carress the ball and look like they are 100% comfortable in posession...except the British isles. Englands "world class" players, with a few exceptions, have risen to the top with different attributes, mainly strength and determination. Brown has the potential to make it to the top in the British game because he's still young, can improve and has that base of energy and sheer guts...but he'll never have Alonsos skill.

One thing he does have on his side is time and it's easy to forget how young he is. He might well prove all his doubters wrong..and I hope he does.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=peterdouglas;2163718]I think your hatred of Celtic clouding is your judgement slightly.

Right now Brown isn't good enough for any of the top four. He has great enthusiasm and energy but you need more than that. The Arsenal midfield made him look like a journeyman....they just passed the ball around him and he looked completely out of his depth....as did the rest of the celtic midfield.

There's no way he's in the same league as Xabi Alonso. He doesn't have half the touch, vision or composure of Alonso. I don't think touch or vision is something that you can really coach into players because I think things like that are learned at a very young age. Foreigners excell at this because their footballing culture is a lot more relaxed and they value time on the ball and are not encouraged to "get it forward" or look for the world cup willie pass.
British players in general can improve that side of their game but they'll never have the same comfort on the ball as their foreign counterparts.

Nearly every foreign footballing country in the world has "world class" players who seem to carress the ball and look like they are 100% comfortable in posession...except the British isles. Englands "world class" players, with a few exceptions, have risen to the top with different attributes, mainly strength and determination. Brown has the potential to make it to the top in the British game because he's still young, can improve and has that base of energy and sheer guts...but he'll never have Alonsos skill.

I don't believe i am, Do you think Brown would walk in to the man utd team now, if he was to win a move there im sure he would improve but unless im mistaken he must be over 20 thats is not a young player when you look at how long rooney, ronaldo, giggs beckam ect have been playing, if sir AF was to buy a player who could play in the reserves and improve his game he would be looking at players under the age of 18 imo.
One thing he does have on his side is time and it's easy to forget how young he is. He might well prove all his doubters wrong..and I hope he does.I

Luna_Asylum
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry getting caught in 2 arguments here but if you think SW is good enough for Man utd Chelsea Arsenal Barca ect you really are talking the biggest lot of p*ss, he is good at going forward but his defending leaves a lot of questions against opposition in the spl never mind the Epl

If Alan Hutton was still at rangers SW would be no where near the first team.

we are discussing about him playing at the highest level not for a pile of pish

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
[/B]

we are discussing about him playing at the highest level not for a pile of pish

Don't get what your saying here if you can play for the teams mentioned any team in the spl should be a breeze.

Pete
05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't believe i am, Do you think Brown would walk in to the man utd team now, if he was to win a move there im sure he would improve but unless im mistaken he must be over 20 thats is not a young player when you look at how long rooney, ronaldo, giggs beckam ect have been playing, if sir AF was to buy a player who could play in the reserves and improve his game he would be looking at players under the age of 18 imo.

There's no way he would walk into any top four team right now..he's not good enough now.

However, he is still young and there is room for improvement and if he does add more to his game then who knows?

Every player is different and it's too easy to say that because they haven't been earmarked as a teenager then they will never cut it at the very top level.

The big clubs have signed older British players in the past who had the same potential that Brown has at his age. If his game continues to develop then he might well be signed by a big club when he's in his mid to late twenties.

No-one knows how he might develop so you can't just write him off.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
There's no way he would walk into any top four team right now..he's not good enough now.

However, he is still young and there is room for improvement and if he does add more to his game then who knows?

Every player is different and it's too easy to say that because they haven't been earmarked as a teenager then they will never cut it at the very top level.

The big clubs have signed older British players in the past who had the same potential that Brown has at his age. If his game continues to develop then he might well be signed by a big club when he's in his mid to late twenties.

No-one knows how he might develop so you can't just write him off.

What im saying mate is some people on here have him a world class player now, but where we agree is he is no where near ready for any of the top 4 in england.

He had a average first season at celtic and i know he had terrible family problems and he has started this season ok but there is a very long way to go before he is ready for the big teams.

matty_f
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Its something us normal people call the alphabet.

:tee hee:

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
What im saying mate is some people on here have him a world class player now, but where we agree is he is no where near ready for any of the top 4 in england.

He had a average first season at celtic and i know he had terrible family problems and he has started this season ok but there is a very long way to go before he is ready for the big teams.

Scott Brown is never good enough to play in the Top level of the EPL.. Somebody was on here earlier saying that he was better than Xabi Alonso... :confused::confused::confused::confused:...

He may have plenty of drive and energy but the players at the top level like Fabregas are technically brilliant.. Brown doesn't have that in his game....

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Scott Brown is never good enough to play in the Top level of the EPL.. Somebody was on here earlier saying that he was better than Xabi Alonso... :confused::confused::confused::confused:...

He may have plenty of drive and energy but the players at the top level like Fabregas are technically brilliant.. Brown doesn't have that in his game....

100% correct.

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 10:32 PM
100% correct.

Some of the clowns on this spout utter keek.. No way in the world would Brown get into a top 4 team....The best post was the one that said he was better than Alonso and Alonso wasn't a top player.... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Some of the clowns on this spout utter keek.. No way in the world would Brown get into a top 4 team....The best post was the one that said he was better than Alonso and Alonso wasn't a top player.... :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Makes you wonder what players they watch if they think Alonso is not a top player.

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Makes you wonder what players they watch if they think Alonso is not a top player.

I know... I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen that..

He's just went to Real Madrid for £30million but he's not a top player in world football...

Pete
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Agree.

Remember, we saw him come through our youth ranks and genuinely do have affection for him...so some of us might seem one-sided in our assesment of him. Believe me he has displayed class week in week out since he was 18.

Cetic or Rangers...it didn't matter where he went as it's simply a stepping stone.

TariqE
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM

You speak as if Fabregas is the norm in the Premiership rather than the gold standard. Like Fabregas....how many are like him? I am not convinced that Scott Brown could play in a top four side, but I don't think he is technically inferior to J S Park for example. As for our HUN friend describing Brown's Celtic career without reference to his second season when he was player of the year...

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM

I'd have brown before Fletcher every time. Put brown in with the good players, and you will see a better player. He has more energy than Fletcher, can pass the ball better than Fletcher, can run with the ball better than Fletcher, and probably would score more goals than Fletcher. Ryan Giggs has been playing for them in central midfield recently, he's finished, brown would do a better job. Scholes is also finished, brown would be a better option. So for me, brown is good enough to play for man united.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I'd have brown before Fletcher every time. Put brown in with the good players, and you will see a better player. He has more energy than Fletcher, can pass the ball better than Fletcher, can run with the ball better than Fletcher, and probably would score more goals than Fletcher. Ryan Giggs has been playing for them in central midfield recently, he's finished, brown would do a better job. Scholes is also finished, brown would be a better option. So for me, brown is good enough to play for man united.

Giggs finished ur having a laugh, he is getting on abit but his ability is on another level to what SB has.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Giggs finished ur having a laugh, he is getting on abit but his ability is on another level to what SB has.

You are a hun, i wouldn't expect you to understand.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:59 PM
You are a hun, i wouldn't expect you to understand.

When you know your wrong are you going to keep using that:yawn:

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 11:00 PM

I don't think so.. I think he would be out of his depth there.. He had the chance against Arsenal but he didn't step up did he ??

I agree Giggs and Scholes have lost the speed now to play now.. That was shown up in the Champions League final against Barcelona when they were chasing shadows....

Speedy
05-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't understand why people are comparing Brown and Fletcher, they both do a very different job. I also think people are arguing with the current bun because he's a current bun.

Brown...not good enough for a "top" team. Neither is Whittaker.

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
You speak as if Fabregas is the norm in the Premiership rather than the gold standard. Like Fabregas....how many are like him? I am not convinced that Scott Brown could play in a top four side, but I don't think he is technically inferior to J S Park for example. As for our HUN friend describing Brown's Celtic career without reference to his second season when he was player of the year...

Only Gerrard , Lampard and Robinho are anywhere the standard of Fabregas...

J S Park is a fantastic player.. Remember when United won the European Cup the season before last , he was there best player on the way to the final.. You can't put him in the bracket as Brown......

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't think so.. I think he would be out of his depth there.. He had the chance against Arsenal but he didn't step up did he ??

I agree Giggs and Scholes have lost the speed now to play now.. That was shown up in the Champions League final against Barcelona when they were chasing shadows....

If he was playing with better players, i think he would step up in class. As for not being a top 4 player. I give you Lucas Neil. Yes he's not Steven Gerrard, yes he's not Fabregas, but these players play alongside other players who are not as good as them. Eboue of arsenal is another. Scott Brown could play as good if not better than some of these players, we do our good players a disservice at times. At least he wont become a hun.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
If he was playing with better players, i think he would step up in class. As for not being a top 4 player. I give you Lucas Neil. Yes he's not Steven Gerrard, yes he's not Fabregas, but these players play alongside other players who are not as good as them. Eboue of arsenal is another. Scott Brown could play as good if not better than some of these players, we do our good players a disservice at times. At least he wont become a hun.

The key word

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 11:12 PM
The key word

As i said earlier, you are a hun, and being a hun would not understand.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 11:15 PM
As i said earlier, you are a hun, and being a hun would not understand.

As i said earlier when ur wrong (most of the time) are you going to keep using that as a get out, whats your reaction to the other posters who know you talking mince?

I should start doing your replys for you as they are so predictiable.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
As i said earlier when ur wrong (most of the time) are you going to keep using that as a get out, whats your reaction to the other posters who know you talking mince?

I should start doing your replys for you as they are so predictiable.

You are the one thats wrong, you cant give him any praise because as you say, there is just something i dont like about him. Its because he plays for celtic, you can admit it you know, you are still going to hell anyway. As for the hibbys who dont agree with me, thats fine, they are hibbys, and not dirty smelly huns.

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I would have no problem in saying a Huns player is a good player.

During the 90's they had two of the best players ever to play in Scotland, Gazza and Laudrup, despite the latter diving to win a penalty at ER and having the audacity to try again when he missed the first, when he missed again. :greengrin

You would think the Huns would look beyond which team they played for whether they are good players or not.

The best way to get around this is to ask blueisthecolour - Was Henrik Larsson a great player? Was he? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM
The best way to get around this is to ask blueisthecolour - Was Henrik Larsson a great player? Was he? :wink:

He's probably just a poor mans Chris Boyd.:wink:

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
He's probably just a poor mans Chris Boyd.:wink:

Mr Blue obviously doesn't want to speak about King Henrik. :greengrin

Lewis77
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM

J S Park is a fantastic player.. Remember when United won the European Cup the season before last , he was there best player on the way to the final.. You can't put him in the bracket as Brown......

Are you on DRUGS! Fabregas is yet unproven as a great player, he has won NOTHING at Arsenal, is not an automatic pick for the Spanish starting 11! Yes, he plays some nice fitbaw in a so far average Arsenal team(compared to recent years) but has never consistently been tested in a championship winning team, as I said, domestically I don't think he has won anything, has he?(I stand corrected if I'm wrong) Also, as I've said, he is not a starting 11 pick for the Spanish team!

You make oot like he is the one of the best players in the world, one day he may be(he is still young) but he's not there yet and gerrard is a skip and jump ahead of him! As for Robinho, I wish people would get their head oot their arse when it comes te him. Yes, he shows flashes of magic, but in terms of consistently putting performances in week in week oot he's no there yet. He was criticised heavily in Madrid for not living upte expectations and when he is no doing a wee bit o magic he's aboot as useful as a jambo in an IQ test!

THE MEDIA can blow these players up to serve headlines but some of it is just that, HOT AIR. The best midfielder ever to play in the EPL is GIGGS, ahead of Gerrard and anyone else. He is the chameleon of English Fitbaw, from his Ronaldo-esque beginnings (he was the new George Best remember, the wing wizard) to the more measured thoughtful attacking midfield player of teday! Let's see if Gerrard will be able te adapt like that, which surely he'll have te dae very soon as he canny run round like that inte his 30's, which he now is! Injury and time will take those legs doon!

Anyway, the piont of this is Broon and if he was put in that Utd team with Alec F as his manager would he perform? I think yes, withoot any doubt, he would perform and improve and could fill the boots of Keane, Ince, Robson and so on! Why No? If you dinnae think Broon has the potential te play at that level yer mad, because we ken he has the ability!!

Golden Bear
06-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Broony will be going nowhere as he's absolutely no ambition to play at the highest level.

He's a big fish in a small pond but he seems scared to test himself outside his own wee comfort zone.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Broony will be going nowhere as he's absolutely no ambition to play at the highest level.

He's a big fish in a small pond but he seems scared to test himself outside his own wee comfort zone.

Source.

500miles
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Strachan wasted two seasons of Brown's career making him do all the spade work for the likes of McGeady. The fact is, when given the role just behind the strikers, or any role with an attacking edge, he's a better player than McGeady, every day of the week.

Golden Bear
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Source.

Reading between the lines is my only source. Broony is a home bird it seems.

He's had the opportunity to go to bigger and better clubs than the smelly ones, - even when he left us.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Reading between the lines is my only source. Broony is a home bird it seems.

He's had the opportunity to go to bigger and better clubs than the smelly ones, - even when he left us.

Right, i thought you had some facts to back up your claim.

PISTOL1875
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Are you on DRUGS! Fabregas is yet unproven as a great player, he has won NOTHING at Arsenal, is not an automatic pick for the Spanish starting 11! Yes, he plays some nice fitbaw in a so far average Arsenal team(compared to recent years) but has never consistently been tested in a championship winning team, as I said, domestically I don't think he has won anything, has he?(I stand corrected if I'm wrong) Also, as I've said, he is not a starting 11 pick for the Spanish team!

You make oot like he is the one of the best players in the world, one day he may be(he is still young) but he's not there yet and gerrard is a skip and jump ahead of him! As for Robinho, I wish people would get their head oot their arse when it comes te him. Yes, he shows flashes of magic, but in terms of consistently putting performances in week in week oot he's no there yet. He was criticised heavily in Madrid for not living upte expectations and when he is no doing a wee bit o magic he's aboot as useful as a jambo in an IQ test!

THE MEDIA can blow these players up to serve headlines but some of it is just that, HOT AIR. The best midfielder ever to play in the EPL is GIGGS, ahead of Gerrard and anyone else. He is the chameleon of English Fitbaw, from his Ronaldo-esque beginnings (he was the new George Best remember, the wing wizard) to the more measured thoughtful attacking midfield player of teday! Let's see if Gerrard will be able te adapt like that, which surely he'll have te dae very soon as he canny run round like that inte his 30's, which he now is! Injury and time will take those legs doon!

Anyway, the piont of this is Broon and if he was put in that Utd team with Alec F as his manager would he perform? I think yes, withoot any doubt, he would perform and improve and could fill the boots of Keane, Ince, Robson and so on! Why No? If you dinnae think Broon has the potential te play at that level yer mad, because we ken he has the ability!!

He won the PFA Young player of the year in 2007-08... The highest accolade for a young player in the English game....
If he didn't have Xavi or Xabi Alonso in the side , he would no doubt be a starter reguarly for Spain.....

Gerrard is better than Giggs hands down.. Its easier to play on the wing like Giggs rather than play in the middle like Gerrard... Who took the CL Final by the scruff of the neck in the secong half when Liverpool were 3-0 down to Milan in 2005 and turned upside down..

Gerrard can adapt to playing other positon as in that named final he was moved form the centre to the right hand side to stop Ze Roberto playing.. He has been used in this role many times since then hasn't he ???

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I would have no problem in saying a Huns player is a good player.

During the 90's they had two of the best players ever to play in Scotland, Gazza and Laudrup, despite the latter diving to win a penalty at ER and having the audacity to try again when he missed the first, when he missed again. :greengrin

You would think the Huns would look beyond which team they played for whether they are good players or not.

Yes he was a great player, i don't mind telling what i think of a player.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes he was a great player, i don't mind telling what i think of a player.

Well tell us why you dislike Brown.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Well tell us why you dislike Brown.

I dislike you more than Brown

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I dislike you more than Brown

:faf::faf: Come on, tell us why you dont like Brown hun boy.

Lewis77
06-09-2009, 12:28 PM
He won the PFA Young player of the year in 2007-08... The highest accolade for a young player in the English game....
If he didn't have Xavi or Xabi Alonso in the side , he would no doubt be a starter reguarly for Spain.....

Gerrard is better than Giggs hands down.. Its easier to play on the wing like Giggs rather than play in the middle like Gerrard... Who took the CL Final by the scruff of the neck in the secong half when Liverpool were 3-0 down to Milan in 2005 and turned upside down..

Gerrard can adapt to playing other positon as in that named final he was moved form the centre to the right hand side to stop Ze Roberto playing.. He has been used in this role many times since then hasn't he ???

AYE, the YOUNG player of the year, an award for those who show promise as I've said he does, he's no a great player yet and I was talking aboot team trophies which is the true mark of a fitballer, no awards!

Also you just proved my point aboot Gerrard, you're talking aboot him playing another role where he has te run round like a blue arsed fly which he'll just no be able te dae in as he gets futher in his 30's! When Giggs hit his 30's he began te totally, TOTALLY, change his playing style, become a different player and he pulled it aff. I dinnae ken if Gerrard will be able te dae that! In a recent poll of EPL managers Giggs came oot as the top player of the EPL era!

Giggs ;

English premier league trophies: 11

English F.A Cup trophies : 4

English League Cup trophies : 3

European Cup trophies : 2

Uefa Super Cup trophies : 1

Intercontinental Cup trophies : 1

FIFA Club WORLD CUP trophies : 1

Aye, Sure, Gerrard has just been the better player!

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 12:28 PM
:faf::faf: Come on, tell us why you dont like Brown hun boy.
Because he acts like an a**e, thinks he's a hardman

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Because he acts like an a**e, thinks he's a hardman

So we got there in the end. He acts like an arse, and thinks he's a hardman.:faf::faf: Dont you mean he acts like virtually every hun thats played the game.:confused:

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
So we got there in the end. He acts like an arse, and thinks he's a hardman.:faf::faf: Dont you mean he acts like virtually every hun thats played the game.:confused:
Give examples

PISTOL1875
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
AYE, the YOUNG player of the year, an award for those who show promise as I've said he does, he's no a great player yet and I was talking aboot team trophies which is the true mark of a fitballer, no awards!

Also you just proved my piont aboot Gerrard, you're talking aboot him playing another role where he has te run round like a blue arsed fly which he'll just no be able te dae in as he gets futher in his 30's! When Giggs hit his 30's he began te totally, TOTALLY, change his playing style, become a different player and he pulled it aff. I dinnae ken if Gerrard will be able te dae that! In a recent poll of EPL managers Giggs came oot as the top player of the EPL era!

Giggs ;

English premier league trophies: 11

English F.A Cup trophies : 4

English League Cup trophies : 3

European Cup trophies : 2

Uefa Super Cup trophies : 1

Intercontinental Cup trophies : 1

FIFA Club WORLD CUP trophies : 1

Aye, Sure, Gerrard has just been the better player!

That's what the team has done.. Not the player individually.. If you are going to be like that , I ask you the question :: What has Giggs done at International Level compared to Fabregas or Gerrard ????

andudare2
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Could be your right but ive never heard anyone call hibs the bhoys, where does this H come from? if you ever read the making of hibs by alan lugton , you will find out the guy is right enough about the bhoys thing.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Give examples

Of what, a rangers player acting like a hardman?:faf: I suppose they are just showing that wee bit of Gallus, while a celtic player is being an arse. You lot are both different cheeks of the same arse. Was Kevin Thomson not going round acting the hardman against hearts the other week? Remind me of the last time Brown was sent off.:confused:

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
if you ever read the making of hibs by alan lugton , you will find out the guy is right enough about the bhoys thing.

It wasn't me who said he was wrong mate, i said it was the first i had heard of it, and it wouldn't surprise me if the tims had stolen it as there own, other hibs fans said he was wrong i think.

But whats the reason for the H being added to words?

Lewis77
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
That's what the team has done.. Not the player individually.. If you are going to be like that , I ask you the question :: What has Giggs done at International Level compared to Fabregas or Gerrard ????

Wat's Gerrard won??

Fabregas was a bit player in the spanish euro win!

And England and Spain teams are ranked far , far above Wales where as Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd are all part of the so called big four playing on a level playing field and still, no matter how many times the media keep telling us it will happen, Gerrard has never won a league title! As I said, Giggs has won 11 ! Also any fud kens ye canny compare International fitbaw te domestic!

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 12:46 PM

I'm not sure we would know we were talking about rangers if we referred to them as uns.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Of what, a rangers player acting like a hardman?:faf: I suppose they are just showing that wee bit of Gallus, while a celtic player is being an arse. You lot are both different cheeks of the same arse. Was Kevin Thomson not going round acting the hardman against hearts the other week? Remind me of the last time Brown was sent off.:confused:
KT hardman not it was a bad tackle thats all, brown has been an arse a few times in clubs in glasgow although usally when he is with Mcgeady and his hangons.

If you tell exactally what a hun is i would be better equiped to anwser your questions, it must be one of your most used words on here.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 01:02 PM
KT hardman not it was a bad tackle thats all, brown has been an arse a few times in clubs in glasgow although usally when he is with Mcgeady and his hangons.

If you tell exactally what a hun is i would be better equiped to anwser your questions, it must be one of your most used words on here.

And he's been arrested how many times? I see Mcgeady gets a mention too, he will be an arse and a hard man too, or maybe irish.:confused: Of course the huns dont have any hard men, and are all tucked up in bed by 9pm, and go nowhere near pubs and clubs, Ferguson was never in trouble after old firm games. The only players who have been banned from playing for Scotland, and have refused to play for Scotland seem to have played for rangers, but that will be everyone else's fault i suppose. It wont be them acting like *****, will it?

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
And he's been arrested how many times? I see Mcgeady gets a mention too, he will be an arse and a hard man too, or maybe irish.:confused: Of course the huns dont have any hard men, and are all tucked up in bed by 9pm, and go nowhere near pubs and clubs, Ferguson was never in trouble after old firm games. The only players who have been banned from playing for Scotland, and have refused to play for Scotland seem to have played for rangers, but that will be everyone else's fault i suppose. It wont be them acting like *****, will it?

You tell me, there seems to be some confusion about it

TariqE
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM

You stated that Brown could not play at that level as he does not have the same technical ability as Fabregas. I pointed out that Fabregas is a rarity.

As for J S Park, he was not United's best player on the way to winning the CL; he was not even on the bench for the final. Point I was making is that J S Park is not at a different level than Brown in terms of technique.

andudare2
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
It wasn't me who said he was wrong mate, i said it was the first i had heard of it, and it wouldn't surprise me if the tims had stolen it as there own, other hibs fans said he was wrong i think.

the h was just the way the irish ,who at the time of hibs starting up were probably the only people following hibs were percieved to pronounce boys.
eg boys= bhoys. this then becoming bastarized when the celtic having more or less stolen hibs identity became part of the bigot twins.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 01:18 PM
You tell me, there seems to be some confusion about it

Thats right pick up on the irish bit, BUT COMPLETELY IGNORE THE REST ok plays for the republic of ireland. Are there any ***** that play for the huns?

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Thats right pick up on the irish bit, BUT COMPLETELY IGNORE THE REST ok plays for the republic of ireland. Are there any ***** that play for the huns?

Im still waiting on you to explain what exactally is a hun, you use it almost every reply to me but still wont say what it is, if you don't know say so.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Im still waiting on you to explain what exactally is a hun, you use it almost every reply to me but still wont say what it is, if you don't know say so.

Its what i call rangers fans, how thick must you be to not know that. I call hearts yams, but realise they are not sweet potatoes.

ArabHibee
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Have a wee look in a mirror, should be explanation enough.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Its what i call rangers fans, how thick must you be to not know that. I call hearts yams, but realise they are not sweet potatoes.

So you don't know the reason why you call rangers fans that?

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Have a wee look in a mirror, should be explanation enough.
Your anwser is as bad as his, do you not know either?

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Obviously its because i'm a sheep.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Obviously its because i'm a sheep.
When the folk you follow say it quizz them on it, you will proberbly find they don't know why they say it either, it will stop you looking silly.

Removed
06-09-2009, 01:47 PM

The Rangers support's predilection for wrecking towns and cities through which they passed made it an entirely appropriate nickname, and so it stuck.

I know what a 'dob' is as well

Killiehibbie
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
When the folk you follow say it quizz them on it, you will proberbly find they don't know why they say it either, it will stop you looking silly.

quizz and proberbly? You're starting to look like like a stupid hun now.

500miles
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM

The term "Hun" reflects the Rangers supports incredible similarity to the Barbarians of many years ago. Dirty, uneducated, uncivilised and brutal. Like Rangers!

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
The Rangers support's predilection for wrecking towns and cities through which they passed made it an entirely appropriate nickname, and so it stuck.

I know what a 'dob' is as well

He knows why, i know why, most people know why we call them huns. Its typical hun behaviour to avoid answering questions that are too hard for them. He hates brown because of who he plays for, and because he snubbed them for their greatest rivals. Rangers have had players exactly like brown, with the same type of Gallus swagger he has,:faf: but of course they are hun heroes, whereas brown is hated. Typical hun mentality, by a typical hun.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 01:58 PM
The term "Hun" reflects the Rangers supports incredible similarity to the Barbarians of many years ago. Dirty, uneducated, uncivilised and brutal. Like Rangers!

Rangers fans are the only ones who cause trouble according to some on here, some have to grow up and join the real world.

marinello59
06-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Rangers fans are the only ones who cause trouble according to some on here, some have to grow up and join the real world.

Remmeber you are on a rival fans website before you start telling the locals to behave.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
He knows why, i know why, most people know why we call them huns. Its typical hun behaviour to avoid answering questions that are too hard for them. He hates brown because of who he plays for, and because he snubbed them for their greatest rivals. Rangers have had players exactly like brown, with the same type of Gallus swagger he has,:faf: but of course they are hun heroes, whereas brown is hated. Typical hun mentality, by a typical hun.

You have admitted you only use the word hun because you are a sheep, now because folk are trying to help you out you coming back all I know why go on then tell me?

I don't know why, help me out.

500miles
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM

Oh not the only ones. Every support has its idiots - but its the ratio of idiots to actual supporters that makes the Huns so hated. It's a question of scale.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 02:01 PM

No, the huns are not the only ones that cause trouble. The soapies and the yams also cause trouble, although none have caused as much trouble as your lot have.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Remmeber you are on a rival fans website before you start telling the locals to behave.

I have being trying to put my point across in a reasonable manner, i expect the abuse i get on here but sometimes people just give abuse as they run out of anwsers on the debate, all im saying is folk should play fair.

andudare2
06-09-2009, 02:05 PM
as far as im aware the reason hun,s were called huns, is due to the fact that the royal family is of german extraction/descent? so when the germans were nicknamed the hun during the first world war? this name was then given to the rangers support due to their percieved loyalty to the royal family. mainly by celtic fans but then snowballed to include all other fans who hate the huns (with a passion, such as me:bye:) ps hate the celtic feks to :faf:

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Oh not the only ones. Every support has its idiots - but its the ratio of idiots to actual supporters that makes the Huns so hated. It's a question of scale.
Could you give an example, i know you will proberbly come up with manchester but this hun thing has been going on long before manchester, at 1 point celtic fans where called the huns, but folk seem to forget that.

ArabHibee
06-09-2009, 02:07 PM
You have admitted you only use the word hun because you are a sheep, now because folk are trying to help you out you coming back all I know why go on then tell me?

Can someone translate this from hun to english please? :confused:

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
as far as im aware the reason hun,s were called huns, is due to the fact that the royal family is of german extraction/descent? so when the germans were nicknamed the hun during the first world war? this name was then given to the rangers support due to their percieved loyalty to the royal family. mainly by celtic fans but then snowballed to include all other fans who hate the huns (with a passion, such as me:bye:) ps hate the celtic feks to :faf:

That is the first reasonable explanation that has been given, as i have said the celtic fans where called huns before us and on the reasoning you gave for rangers fans would now be more approiate to them as they do hail a man who was a nazi.

andyhibs
06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
That is the first reasonable explanation that has been given, as i have said the celtic fans where called huns before us and on the reasoning you gave for rangers fans would now be more approiate to them as they do hail a man who was a nazi.
so why were the celtic fans called huns:confused:

500miles
06-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Could you give an example, i know you will proberbly come up with manchester but this hun thing has been going on long before manchester, at 1 point celtic fans where called the huns, but folk seem to forget that.

Well there's the songs - which 90% of your away crowd sing (don't give me the lies about minorities, I've seen it with my own eyes).

Then there's the fact that policing has to be increased about two fold compared to the usual games.

How about the fact I can hardly walk along London Road, or down the top of Easter Road when the Huns are in town?

Maybe we should take a look at how football related violence increases when the Huns are in town?

How about the bottles of buckie scattered about Leith Links and the bridge next to ER?

Doubtless every support has an element of these issues, but once again, its a question of scale.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:17 PM
so why were the celtic fans called huns:confused:
It was a bit before my time, the reason i don't call them huns is ive never looked in to it to find out why, Im not a sheep and don't call people things because other do.

Removed
06-09-2009, 02:21 PM
It was a bit before my time, the reason i don't call them huns is ive never looked in to it to find out why, Im not a sheep and don't call people things because other do.

So what do you call them then?

andyhibs
06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
eh ....ok then:rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Well there's the songs - which 90% of your away crowd sing (don't give me the lies about minorities, I've seen it with my own eyes).

Then there's the fact that policing has to be increased about two fold compared to the usual games.

How about the fact I can hardly walk along London Road, or down the top of Easter Road when the Huns are in town?

Maybe we should take a look at how football related violence increases when the Huns are in town?

How about the bottles of buckie scattered about Leith Links and the bridge next to ER?

Doubtless every support has an element of these issues, but once again, its a question of scale.

As you say a question of scale with rangers and celtic talking more fans than any other club it would give more scope for a**eholes would it not?

The songs- there is one about 10 german bombers in the air, then being brought down but we get classed as huns (a german reference) strange.

I don't get what your saying about buckie bottles whats that got to do with being huns, do other fans not leave litter about?

Any time i have been to easter rd fans have walked down the road mixed.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:26 PM
So what do you call them then?
celtic fans

johnbc70
06-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Try walking along London Road or down Easter Road when the Huns are in town. There is an element of the huns support that really is low life ****, spitting and shouting at kids with Hibs tops on. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Most people like a good drink but these guys seem to use the football as an excuse to drink as much buckfast or cheap booze as they can before a game, abuse decent folk on the way to the game, and then sing sectarian songs while at the game, then pretty much do all the above after the game.

Celtic can be just as bad, but as they seem to think they have some sort of affiliation with us maybe they are not as bad when they visit.

Removed
06-09-2009, 02:27 PM
celtic fans

:faf:

Removed
06-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Celtic can be just as bad, but as they seem to think they have some sort of affiliation with us maybe they are not as bad when they visit.

I think they are.

andudare2
06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
so by your reckoning every german from hitlers era was a nazi, somehow i dont think so, as for the man your alluding to , as far as i know & i admit thats not a lot on this subject, the guy was seconded? to an anti aircraft station, if this is true how does it make him a nazi?. as for celtic fans being named huns as well this is due to the dublin goverment during the 2nd world war? something to do with shipping i think thats what it was anyway. at the end of the day though it just goes to show that the old firm (to be polite) are just 2 cheeks of the same arse who have no shame in playing the religous card for their own gain, ***** muppets , the vast majority anyway!:yawn:

500miles
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
As you say a question of scale with rangers and celtic talking more fans than any other club it would give more scope for a**eholes would it not?
I also wrote about the ratio as well.

The songs- there is one about 10 german bombers in the air, then being brought down but we get classed as huns (a german reference) strange.
Well, much like WW2 Germans, a fair chunk of your support like to give Nazi salutes. So it's quite apt.

I don't get what your saying about buckie bottles whats that got to do with being huns, do other fans not leave litter about?
Hiding drink in the bushes etc.? Not often.

Indeed. It's not the most pleasant experience, and certainly wasn't for myself. I can walk through crowds of Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen fans, without a second thought, but Huns? I just cross the road. Partly because of the verbals, partly because I wouldn't want thier smell to stick to me.

andyhibs
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
celtic fans
:hmmm: picture the scene outside ibrox celtic supporters arriving "get into those bunch of green and white celtic fans" not got the same ring about it :wink:

The Modfather
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Like most non OF fans I despise the gruesome twosome equaly, but the way this thread has gone, and alot of folks general attitude to "Blue Is The Colour" amounts to little more than bullying.

By all means shoot him down when he comes out with some warped Old Firm logic, but don't round on him and any opinion he has just because he is a Rangers fan.

johnbc70
06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I think they are.

Your probably right.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Try walking along London Road or down Easter Road when the Huns are in town. There is an element of the huns support that really is low life ****, spitting and shouting at kids with Hibs tops on. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Most people like a good drink but these guys seem to use the football as an excuse to drink as much buckfast or cheap booze as they can before a game, abuse decent folk on the way to the game, and then sing sectarian songs while at the game, then pretty much do all the above after the game.

I agree with you there mate, but it seems we all get tarred with the same brush, as you say about celtic fans you would prob find a hearts fans saying the same things as yourself only about them.

Im a rangers fan i don't like hearts any more than hibs or any other team, but im sure there is folk who don't think like this.

Removed
06-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Like most non OF fans I despise the gruesome twosome equaly, but the way this thread has gone, and alot of folks general attitude to "Blue Is The Colour" amounts to little more than bullying.

By all means shoot him down when he comes out with some warped Old Firm logic, but don't round on him and any opinion he has just because he is a Rangers fan.

If you think the responses on here have been bullying then you need to check out a few more forums. We have been very gentle imo.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
so by your reckoning every german from hitlers era was a nazi, somehow i dont think so, as for the man your alluding to , as far as i know & i admit thats not a lot on this subject, the guy was seconded? to an anti aircraft station, if this is true how does it make him a nazi?. as for celtic fans being named huns as well this is due to the dublin goverment during the 2nd world war? something to do with shipping i think thats what it was anyway. at the end of the day though it just goes to show that the old firm (to be polite) are just 2 cheeks of the same arse who have no shame in playing the religous card for their own gain, ***** muppets , the vast majority anyway!:yawn:

I didn't say that, and the man we are talking about there is pics of him doing his heil hitler bit, i wont go looking for the pic as this thread is now away to pot, going from scott brown to hitler even thats not fair to SB to speak about the 2 in the same thread.

Removed
06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Your probably right.

:agree:......probably

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 02:50 PM

You would have to be pretty stupid, something i think you clearly are, if you dont know why we call your lot huns. It first came to my notice around the mid 70s, when your lot used to come and take over every town you infested, with thousands upon thousands of drunken bullys, fighting your way through each oppositions teams supporters, and singing your vile disgusting songs.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 02:55 PM
You would have to be pretty stupid, something i think you clearly are, if you dont know why we call your lot huns. It first came to my notice around the mid 70s, when your lot used to come and take over every town you infested, with thousands upon thousands of drunken bullys, fighting your way through each oppositions teams supporters, and singing your vile disgusting songs.

So first you are a sheep now you take someones elses explanation although you did change the wording of it, well done for that, i must admit i was expecting a copy and paste from you.

hibsdaft
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Tas they do hail a man who was a nazi.

aye, because all Celtc supporters are practicing Catholics right enough :blah:

and you're upset at being tarred by the same brush as all huns :bye:

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I also wrote about the ratio as well.

Well, much like WW2 Germans, a fair chunk of your support like to give Nazi salutes. So it's quite apt.

Hiding drink in the bushes etc.? Not often.

Indeed. It's not the most pleasant experience, and certainly wasn't for myself. I can walk through crowds of Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen fans, without a second thought, but Huns? I just cross the road. Partly because of the verbals, partly because I wouldn't want thier smell to stick to me.

Some would say red hand salutes.(befe anyone has a go, no I don't do them.)

If as you say hiding in bushes thats not as bad as litter then as them must be going back to collect:wink:

I suppose everyone has had there experiances, i walk down the street with any sets of fans the only ones i would be wary of doing this with is aberdeen fans im not saying they are all **** but they do have an element, yet you would proberbly be fine walking beside these people.

marinello59
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM

You are on very dodgy ground with that one. This isn't follow follow.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
aye, because all Celtc supporters are practicing Catholics right enough :blah:

and you're upset at being tarred by the same brush as all huns :bye:

I would wave back but don't like the wee green face.

Wotherspiniesta
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I would wave back but don't like the wee green face.

:greengrin:thumbsup::agree::bye::flag::sick::smug: :drunk::partyhibb

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
You are on very dodgy ground with that one. This isn't follow follow.
Mate i have said i think this thread has went way of direction, and would be happy to be talking about Scott Brown again, well maybe happy is the wrong word.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=Wotherspiniesta;2164334]:greengrin:thumbsup::agree::bye:

:no way::sauzee::wink:

Killiehibbie
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Mate i have said i think this thread has went way of direction, and would be happy to be talking about Scott Brown again, well maybe happy is the wrong word.

I'm starting to think you're BL on the wind up certain similarities with your grasp of the written word.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm starting to think you're BL on the wind up certain similarities with your grasp of the written word.

Don't know who BL is mate, but i can assure you ive only posted on here as blueisthecolour

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
So first you are a sheep now you take someones elses explanation although you did change the wording of it, well done for that, i must admit i was expecting a copy and paste from you.

You question why i and others called your lot huns. I'm 50 next year, and dont need to copy and paste, or get someone else to speak for me regarding why i call you and others like you a hun. Still you dont think rangers have any players like brown, for that reason and others, your opinion is hun tinted *****.

500miles
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Roy Keane wasn't "technically brilliant". Paul Scholes has never been "technically brilliant". And those are just two off the top of my head. Scott Brown is better than Scholes in my book.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:33 PM
You question why i and others called your lot huns. I'm 50 next year, and dont need to copy and paste, or get someone else to speak for me regarding why i call you and others like you a hun. Still you dont think rangers have any players like brown, for that reason and others, your opinion is hun tinted *****.
I can't believe you will be 50 seriously
and you did well there only used it 3 times:wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I can't believe you will be 50 seriously
and you did well there only used it 3 times:wink:

And will continue to use it when talking about your disgusting club. Answer me this, is there any hun players you have not liked? You know, the wife beaters and those who refuse to represent their country, those types.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
And will continue to use it when talking about your disgusting club. Answer me this, is there any hun players you have not liked? You know, the wife beaters and those who refuse to represent their country, those types.

See you say hun is a rangers fan but not all players are fans:wink:

But to anwser your question when rangers sign a player i usally judge what he does on the pitch, if players don't want to play for there country it's there choice, tbh i would not have blamed Davie Weir if he told burley to shove it when called back to the squad, but he is to much a gent to do that.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM

But to anwser your question when rangers sign a player i usally judge what he does on the pitch, if players don't want to play for there country it's there choice, tbh i would not have blamed Davie Weir if he told burley to shove it when called back to the squad, but he is to much a gent to do that.

Scott Brown signed for celtic, so you judge him on other things, like who he goes out with, and what he does outside football. Playing for your country is not each and every individuals choice, its their duty. Its funny that its only players from your disgusting tribe that refuse to play for the country. I wonder why?

Killiehibbie
06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Scott Brown signed for celtic, so you judge him on other things, like who he goes out with, and what he does outside football. Playing for your country is not each and every individuals choice, its their duty. Its funny that its only players from your disgusting tribe that refuse to play for the country. I wonder why?

I was told by an old hun the reason some Rangers players and fans turn their back on their country is the way their club has been treated by the SFA and referees over the years.There is an obvious bias towards Celtic and that makes the establishment anti Rangers.He was deadly serious:faf:

PISTOL1875
06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I was told by an old hun the reason some Rangers players and fans turn their back on their country is the way their club has been treated by the SFA and referees over the years.There is an obvious bias towards Celtic and that makes the establishment anti Rangers.He was deadly serious:faf:

Who was it that told you this ??

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM

There is no need for me to look for any good in Scott Brown, u pushed and pused for an anwser so i gave one, before you pushed i just said there is something about him just couldn't put my finger on it.

Killiehibbie
06-09-2009, 04:03 PM

An auld boy I used to work beside. Couple of boys fell off their seats and nearly choked on their piece.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
There is no need for me to look for any good in Scott Brown, u pushed and pused for an anwser so i gave one, before you pushed i just said there is something about him just couldn't put my finger on it.

Of course there is a need for you to answer, you only judge hun players on what they do on the pitch. Although you judge players from celtic on what they do outside the pitch. I knew we would get there in the end. That wife beater Paul Gascoigne was a lovely lad eh.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
More recent cases would be the year we got to the uefa cup the russians postponed zenits game before the final to let them prepair we got 3 games in a week, but if players want to play for there country they will and if they don't they won't.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Of course there is a need for you to answer, you only judge hun players on what they do on the pitch. Although you judge players from celtic on what they do outside the pitch. I knew we would get there in the end. That wife beater Paul Gascoigne was a lovely lad eh.
Gazza was a fantastic footballer, thats all i was looking for, when brown is acting like an arse in a club when you are there yes its fair to say i judged him on that.

PISTOL1875
06-09-2009, 04:07 PM
More recent cases would be the year we got to the uefa cup the russians postponed zenits game before the final to let them prepair we got 3 games in a week, but if players want to play for there country they will and if they don't they won't.

It was easier for them to postpone Zenit's game as they had just started there season.. We were nearly finished ours....

marinello59
06-09-2009, 04:08 PM

Awwwwwwwwwww. Poor wee Rangers. Not that they were to blame at all for the backlog of fixtures. Or maybe they were.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Gazza was a fantastic footballer, thats all i was looking for, when brown is acting like an arse in a club when you are there yes its fair to say i judged him on that.

So when Gascoingne was breaking his wifes fingers, you were not there, so its not important when judging a person. I see were you are coming from.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 04:13 PM
So when Gascoingne was breaking his wifes fingers, you were not there, so its not important when judging a person. I see were you are coming from.

I didn't say he was right doing it, he was an idiot, but as a footballer he was great, would you admit that?

Oscar Lomax
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Only my opinion but do not think he will play for a 'big' club. Yes he had a good game today and maybe he will go to EPL with Spurs or Everton etc, but do not think he is consistent enough for a Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Maybe I will be proved wrong but too many big games he has 'good' games, when he should be having 'brilliant' games.

I believe big players do big things in big games, yes it was a big game today but he needs to perform at a higher level at some of the ther bigger games I have seen him in over the last 2/3 years i.e. when Celtic were in Champions League I would not say he was a stand out, when he really needs to be if he wants to play for a 'big' club.

Agree....Brown played OK today but dont think he is good enough for the bigger EPL sides. His game is very one dimensional and a game has to suit his style before he can shine.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I didn't say he was right doing it, he was an idiot, but as a footballer he was great, would you admit that?

Of course i would, Gazza and Laudrup were alongside Henrick Larsson and Franck Sauzee the best Foreign players i have seen in Scottish football. Only one of those was an arse, i'm sure you will agree?

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww. Poor wee Rangers. Not that they were to blame at all for the backlog of fixtures. Or maybe they were.

St Mirrens pitch being a disgrace and not being able to cope with rain and then getting a game postponed when POD died was the first step to the backlog, im sorry but celtic asked for a game to be called off to show respect for a player who was told to go hes not needed when with the club and hadn't been there in years ( and im sure it was a coinsidence that they where playing badly and Mcgeady was suspended for the game against us) and to be told yep game off and then the dundee utd players who stood on the same pitch and watched POD die in front of them be told no boys you play on it shouldn't affect you, only for celtic to go on a winning run and Tommy Burns to pass away and what do you know the team will play on, no need for the postponement what 2 days after he died and after rangers had played, can you really say that is sporting integrity?

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Of course i would, Gazza and Laudrup were alongside Henrick Larsson and Franck Sauzee the best Foreign players i have seen in Scottish football. Only one of those was an arse, i'm sure you will agree?

Yes we agree 4 fantastic players 3 role models no problems with that.

marinello59
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
St Mirrens pitch being a disgrace and not being able to cope with rain and then getting a game postponed when POD died was the first step to the backlog, im sorry but celtic asked for a game to be called off to show respect for a player who was told to go hes not needed when with the club and hadn't been there in years ( and im sure it was a coinsidence that they where playing badly and Mcgeady was suspended for the game against us) and to be told yep game off and then the dundee utd players who stood on the same pitch and watched POD die in front of them be told no boys you play on it shouldn't affect you, only for celtic to go on a winning run and Tommy Burns to pass away and what do you know the team will play on, no need for the postponement what 2 days after he died and after rangers had played, can you really say that is sporting integrity?

And who was it the mighty Glasgow Rangers postponed a fixture against again?

lyonhibs
06-09-2009, 04:32 PM

Have you heard of P U N C T U A T I O N??

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Yes we agree 4 fantastic players 3 role models no problems with that.

So was Gascoingne an arse?

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
And who was it the mighty Glasgow Rangers postponed a fixture against again?

Would that have been the world famous Gretna?

Beefster
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd rather have Broon in my team any day of the week than Alonso!

The most ludicrous thing that I've read on here in months.

On the thread in general, this whole love-in thing for a Celtic player who left us over two years ago is getting boring now.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
So was Gascoingne an arse?

Funny that, i did not expect you to give an answer.

ancient hibee
06-09-2009, 05:45 PM
The most ludicrous thing that I've read on here in months.

On the thread in general, this whole love-in thing for a Celtic player who left us over two years ago is getting boring now.
You don't seem to understand it's not a love in.I find it strange that some thought he was a great player and don't think so now.Don't you think that's kind of peculiar?

johnbc70
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Roy Keane wasn't "technically brilliant". Paul Scholes has never been "technically brilliant". And those are just two off the top of my head. Scott Brown is better than Scholes in my book.

No chance.

Lewis77
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
God knows how this post got onto the Tic and hun.....Personally I believe the hun thing came from the house of Hanover(English royal Family who succeeded the Stuarts dynasty te the english throne) who were german and kicked oor arse during the jacobean uprising lol ! As a side note, in most of the Republic when mentioning huns in a none fitbaw sense, people tend te be referring to english, no british as such but particularly english!

As fer who are worse the Tic or the hun, I have te be honest and say in my own experience the Hun are much worse. The levels of bigotry hun fans reach is staggering, also the percentage of them who are hate filled fuds compared te the Tic fans is considerably more! I'm only talking from my own experience and I'm no saying there are not PLENTY of tic fuds, because there are but COME ON.....Are we forgetting the origins of oor great Club, MY GOD WE ARE HIBERNIAN and then are ye really gunna start saying that as far as we're concerned the Tic are as bad as the hun!! No Chance!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 06:03 PM
No chance.

I'd say he is now, although Scholes was a fantastic player in his pomp.

ancient hibee
06-09-2009, 06:04 PM
God knows how this post got onto the Tic and hun.....Personally I believe the hun thing came from the house of Hanover(English royal Family who succeeded the Stuarts dynasty te the english throne) who were german and kicked oor arse during the jacobean uprising lol ! As a side note, in most of the Republic when mentioning huns in a none fitbaw sense, people tend te be referring to english, no british as such but particularly english!

As fer who are worse the Tic or the hun, I have te be honest and say in my own experience the Hun are much worse. The levels of bigotry hun fans reach is staggering, also the percentage of them who are hate filled fuds compared te the Tic fans is considerably more! I'm only talking from my own experience and I'm no saying there are not PLENTY of tic fuds, because there are but COME ON.....Are we forgetting the origins of oor great Club, MY GOD WE ARE HIBERNIAN and then are ye really gunna start saying that as far as we're concerned the Tic are as bad as the hun!! No Chance!!!!!
Well let me be the first to say that there is absolutely nothing in our origins that make me think any kinder about present day Celtic fans as compared with the other lot.

johnbc70
06-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd say he is now, although Scholes was a fantastic player in his pomp.

Brown is good but has a bit to do before we could class him in Scholes league. Scholes has pretty much done it all except win a World Cup medal. He has Champions League winners medals, FA Cup medals and 9 Premiership winner medals, and was voted Player of the Year twice. Broony has a SPL medal to his name.

Not saying medals define how good player is, but Scholes has done it all and was a truly world class player that would easily have been in a most peoples world 11 when he was at his best. I do not think Broony would be in anyones world 11 just now or in the future.

CentreLine
06-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I think the question is just a little suspect after the commentator's gaff last night. When SB was trying to get back on the pitch after getting the ankle knock the commentator came away with the classic. "The fourth official keeps pulling him off".
Ooh Errr Misses, didn't think he would go that far!!!!!:tsk tsk::love ya!:

Lewis77
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Well let me be the first to say that there is absolutely nothing in our origins that make me think any kinder about present day Celtic fans as compared with the other lot.

I'm no saying lets hae a kiss n cuddle wi tic fans, all am saying is from my own experience, a larger percentage of huns are more hate filled bigoted pricks!

Prof. Shaggy
06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Brown is good but has a bit to do before we could class him in Scholes league. Scholes has pretty much done it all except win a World Cup medal. He has Champions League winners medals, FA Cup medals and 9 Premiership winner medals, and was voted Player of the Year twice. Broony has a SPL medal to his name.

Not saying medals define how good player is, but Scholes has done it all and was a truly world class player that would easily have been in a most peoples world 11 when he was at his best. I do not think Broony would be in anyones world 11 just now or in the future.

+ a CIS Cup Winners' Medal!

Nuitdelune
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Broony is a much better than average journeyman footballer. He is a bruiser who is not overawed facing up to any player be it Ronaldo or a sunday leaguer. For that reason he is a type who is always good to have in your team and was good in our team. Amongst your lightweights with natural skill and flair who do not like to face the tackle, you always have to have a bruiser or two to get the ball to them.

Luna_Asylum
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Have you heard of P U N C T U A T I O N??

at "least" (he doesn't) "TALK like" (this)

johnbc70
06-09-2009, 06:31 PM
+ a CIS Cup Winners' Medal!

Ooops, how could I forget about that!

Lewis77
06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
The more I think on this the more likely a January move te Man Utd could be a reality fer Broony, especially if Owen Hargreaves disnae make it back! He's an obvious choice fer Fergie! IN JANUARY 2010 BROWN WILL MOVE TE OLD TRAFFORD !

Ye heard it here first at :hnet: !

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Funny that, i did not expect you to give an answer.
You know i wouldn't do that, i was offline

Yes gazza could be an arse

500miles
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Burley hardly said anything controversial. Davie Weir should be retired, but Scotland lack the quality to replace him, despite it being painfully obvious that he can't keep up with players with the slightest hint of pace. Despite using his experience to position himself well against the Macedonians, his lack of pace was clear early on in the game, but fortunately, our opponents didn't have the pace to take advantage. Holland do, so I wouldn't object if he was passed over in favour of McManus and Caldwell.

The weegie red tops were outraged that thier Hun Hero was passed over, and used it as a stick to beat Burley with. I have no idea why Weir would feel offended - he's well into winding down his career, and he's well aware of that.

silverhibee
06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Give examples

Ricksen assaulting Riordan at Hampden.

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2009, 08:01 PM
See you say hun is a rangers fan but not all players are fans

No he's not. He's a big cry baby. He went in the huff before and packed it in when Vogts had the gall to criticise him for being part of a defence that let 2 goals in against the Faore Islands. Yes 2 goals against the Faroes.

He should never have been allowed back into the squad after that.

clerriehibs
06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
No he's not. He's a big cry baby. He went in the huff before and packed it in when Vogts had the gall to criticise him for being part of a defence that let 2 goals in against the Faore Islands. Yes 2 goals against the Faroes.

He should never have been allowed back into the squad after that.

last thing weir is is a gent. he's a smug git.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Burley hardly said anything controversial. Davie Weir should be retired, but Scotland lack the quality to replace him, despite it being painfully obvious that he can't keep up with players with the slightest hint of pace. Despite using his experience to position himself well against the Macedonians, his lack of pace was clear early on in the game, but fortunately, our opponents didn't have the pace to take advantage. Holland do, so I wouldn't object if he was passed over in favour of McManus and Caldwell.

The weegie red tops were outraged that thier Hun Hero was passed over, and used it as a stick to beat Burley with. I have no idea why Weir would feel offended - he's well into winding down his career, and he's well aware of that.

You are right in what you are saying about pace and experiance ect, in rangers case he is fine for spl but come champions league i fear the worst tbh.
What im saying is he has been used in the qualifiers then dumped against norway where i believe his experience would have been vital, things went wrong and burley then wants him back, imo even if it where not for injuries burley would have asked him back as he realised the players against norway where not good enough, just my opinion.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
last thing weir is is a gent. he's a smug git.
our opinions differ, no problem with that.

FRes Hibbie
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
our opinions differ, no problem with that.

Can I be (probably) the first to commend you for holding your own, discussion-wise, on hibsnet despite being a confirmed hun and being spoken to somewhat rudely by some of our regulars. That said, for longer posts you really must punctuate better - for ease of reading purposes. :greengrin

On the subject of Scott Brown: I think (and REALLY hope) he'll move to the EPL soon, although I cant see it being a top 4 or even top 6 club. If he improves his game though I see no reason why he can't get a regular game for a Tottenham, Villa or Everton sized club.

On David Weir: I'd rather have him at CB for Scotland over either Caldwell brother, he's no slower than either of them (although that doesn't mean to say he's fast). I also think he's a better defender than both of them. I would, however, rather have McManus and Berra :duck:, if the latter bulks up a bit and stops getting bullied by big centre forwards. Hopefully playing in the EPL will encourage him to work on this.

Beefster
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
You don't seem to understand it's not a love in.I find it strange that some thought he was a great player and don't think so now.Don't you think that's kind of peculiar?

I don't think anyone is disputing that he's a good player.

The fact remains that he's now a Celtic player and has been for a long time. Do you think there would be, at least, three threads a week on how good he is if he had gone to Rangers? I think Thomson's a magic player but I haven't seen many threads on here about how good he is.

blueisthecolour
06-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Can I be (probably) the first to commend you for holding your own, discussion-wise, on hibsnet despite being a confirmed hun and being spoken to somewhat rudely by some of our regulars. That said, for longer posts you really must punctuate better - for ease of reading purposes. :greengrin

On the subject of Scott Brown: I think (and REALLY hope) he'll move to the EPL soon, although I cant see it being a top 4 or even top 6 club. If he improves his game though I see no reason why he can't get a regular game for a Tottenham, Villa or Everton sized club.

On David Weir: I'd rather have him at CB for Scotland over either Caldwell brother, he's no slower than either of them (although that doesn't mean to say he's fast). I also think he's a better defender than both of them. I would, however, rather have McManus and Berra :duck:, if the latter bulks up a bit and stops getting bullied by big centre forwards. Hopefully playing in the EPL will encourage him to work on this.

Cheers mate, the above in bold has never been a strong point of mine.

As you say with Scott Brown i think a team like spurs would be a great move for him, good quality players around him and leave him to do the roughing up and running about winning balls, he is good at that.

I just think holland might be to soon for Berra experiance wise although in saying that im a believer in if your good enought ur old enough, for a selfish point of view Davie Weir missing this game would be good news for rangers as 3 games a week for Weir is a bit much.

GC
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Cheers mate, the above in bold has never been a strong point of mine.

As you say with Scott Brown i think a team like spurs would be a great move for him, good quality players around him and leave him to do the roughing up and running about winning balls, he is good at that.

I just think holland might be to soon for Berra experiance wise although in saying that im a believer in if your good enought ur old enough, for a selfish point of view Davie Weir missing this game would be good news for rangers as 3 games a week for Weir is a bit much.

Spurs, Everton, Villa even a Fulham would suit Brown at the moment, he's nowhere near ready for the top 5(including City in this)

Establish himself there and then see if he can make the next step IMO.

I also want to add to what a previous poster said and let you know that despite the treatment from some on here other posters like myself like to have a debate with fans off different teams and can even agree withthem without being a traitor:greengrin

Still a Hun tho:wink:

Mag7
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Liked him as a Hibs player but these days I think Brown looks a bit of an unpleasant wee w**k

silverhibee
06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Ricksen assaulting Riordan at Hampden.

You asked for an example, what about a response to it.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM

If you were a manager of an EPL you'd be relegated if you'd rather have Brown over Alonso. Especially at 11 million. Any attacking midfielder worth more than 10 million should be banging in 15 goals every season.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM

:wink:

I know you've said similar sized clubs. However, if clubs of that size can come 5th and 6th then others of the same size could realistically achieve that.

Unless teams are looking for a bit of bite in the middle or newly promoted teams IMO he wouldn't add enough quality going forward for 11 million.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't think anyone is disputing that he's a good player.

The fact remains that he's now a Celtic player and has been for a long time. Do you think there would be, at least, three threads a week on how good he is if he had gone to Rangers? I think Thomson's a magic player but I haven't seen many threads on here about how good he is.

Thomson has been out injured and has been for a while. Therefore, there's not much to go on unless it's a random thread about how great he is, which would be strange and probably have people accused of being huns (as I was when I said that Ferguson was a good player :confused:).

If you don't think that Ferguson is a good player then you don't know much about football IMO but that's a different matter.

When Thomson comes back and is playing better than ever there will be a few threads. However, they are harder to come across because of the way he left the club.

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
You are going to have to update me on our debate mate, ive been in so many on this thread about several different subject i can't remember ours.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
You are going to have to update me on our debate mate, ive been in so many on this thread about several different subject i can't remember ours.

If you click on your name you can go to stats and view previous posts. Makes it easier to track things down.

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
If you click on your name you can go to stats and view previous posts. Makes it easier to track things down.
I think the person who is looking for an anwser has just randomly joined the debate, thats why i can't find any convo with him.

Danderhall Hibs
07-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I think the person who is looking for an anwser has just randomly joined the debate, thats why i can't find any convo with him.

Nah, it started back at about page 2. You asked for examples, he gave you one.

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I had checked back about 3 pages i will have a look at page two, was my debate with this poster as i had a quick look at his posts but only found the one on the thread with example but couldn't remember what i asked for an example for.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Great player for Hibs, but another mercenary who took the Kings shilling, and showed little ambition by joining Celtic. Could easily have gone down South but Glasgow was his ambition.....

Another persona non grata for me, once they leave Hibs who cares?

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 07:45 PM
found it now mate, i was looking for a debate with him but it was with blackpool hibs who i asked for the example.

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM

I was waiting on the reply from blackpool hibs mate, but since you took the trouble to join, i will agree rickson was his own worst enemy at times on and off the pitch, i can't remember the incident you are talking about though.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I was waiting on the reply from blackpool hibs mate, but since you took the trouble to join, i will agree rickson was his own worst enemy at times on and off the pitch, i can't remember the incident you are talking about though.

Hmmmm a Rangers fan, who can't spell the name properly of ex player.... Ricksen I believe it is...... Proving the theory that all Rangers fans are dippit

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Hmmmm a Rangers fan, who can't spell the name properly of ex player.... Ricksen I believe it is...... Proving the theory that all Rangers fans are dippit
Thanks for the imput:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2009, 08:06 PM

input:faf::faf::faf:

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Why have you not got your real age in your profile?

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Why have you not got your real age in your profile?

Do you not understand humour in Govan??

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Im not in Govan:wink:

matty_f
07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Im not in Govan:wink:

Glory hunter!!!:greengrin

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Glory hunter!!!:greengrin
Nope rangers is my local team.

richard_pitts
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Why. Do you live in Milngavie and that's where Murray Park is :greengrin. I'm from Bearsden incidentally so i can't really comment although I lived on Easter Road for long enough :wink:

matty_f
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM

Nope rangers is my local team.

:rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Why. Do you live in Milngavie and that's where Murray Park is :greengrin. I'm from Bearsden incidentally so i can't really comment although I lived on Easter Road for long enough :wink:

I live in glasgow close to ibrox but not govan

MGmick
08-09-2009, 06:08 AM

Hmmm.... Perhaps there are grounds to suspect irony isn't understood in parts of Edinburgh. :dunno:

Petrie's Tache
08-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Seems to me like we are all standing around poking this guy with sticks?

He has offered explanations for comments when some of our own haven't!

Probably best to get back to subject.

See we all can be admins:greengrin

LTHF:wink: