PDA

View Full Version : England penalty

Dr_Regal
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Absolutely shambolic decision. Referee should be fired for cheating.

We could do with a couple of those on wed....

Judas Iscariot
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
What channel is this on?

Hibs07p
05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
993 on sky.

Hibercelona
05-09-2009, 05:30 PM

And what are the commentators saying?

Stone waller?

HH81
05-09-2009, 05:30 PM
ITV 1 in England.

On another note did anyone see Green's handball :faf:

HH81
05-09-2009, 05:32 PM
And what are the commentators saying?

Stone waller?

Nope they agree no pen.

:agree: Still think though until the media and fans accept England are not as good as they think they will never win anything. Clowns :agree:

Brando7
05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Nope they agree no pen.

:agree: Still think though until the media and fans accept England are not as good as they think they will never win anything. Clowns :agree:

Couldn't agree more :top marks

Hibercelona
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Nope they agree no pen.

:tsk tsk:

Didnt your great great great great great great great great great great grandfather tell you that they once won the world cup?

givescotlandfreedom
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Nope they agree no pen.

The thing is I'm getting a big concerned about Capello's mob they look a half decent side :no way:.

lapsedhibee
05-09-2009, 06:46 PM

John Terry was on the tellybox the other day claiming that diving etc is all to do with foreigners, and not in Brits' nature :blah: - bleedin rich coming from someone that plays in the same team as Joe Cole. Add Rooney to Gerrard and Cole to make up three of the most prolific divers in the EPL.

LamontHFC©
05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
The thing is I'm getting a big concerned about Capello's mob they look a half decent side :no way:.

They've played alot of diddy teams in the games they've played since Capello took over. He's been lucky me thinks.

When they come up against a decent outfit, they will get found out for what they truly are. :agree:

NOLA
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
i think under cappello, engurland will do well next year, not as good as spain clearly but will probaly reach the quarterfinal and thats when their commentators will start creaming themselves about winning it again since 19 something:wink:

Billychaotic182
06-09-2009, 12:26 AM
They've played alot of diddy teams in the games they've played since Capello took over. He's been lucky me thinks.

When they come up against a decent outfit, they will get found out for what they truly are. :agree:

Holland?

Defoe is a class player and he would rip scotland apart

2 year ago i would have loved for a scotland england game, now ..... well no !

Hibercelona
06-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Holland?

Defoe is a class player and he would rip scotland apart

2 year ago i would have loved for a scotland england game, now ..... well no !

I agree that they would probably thrash us if we played them.

But comparing the 2 games today.... I realized that we are much more entertaining to watch than those lot.

England have players that can grab goals at anytime during a match.

But nothing about their play excited me today.

Pete
06-09-2009, 12:41 AM
All of the times England have been put out on penalties they were the better team over the course of the game.

I'm even going back to 1990. They have just been rank bad at penalties.

Under their new manager I don't think they'll need penalties to get past the teams they have historically lost to. If they have all their players fit they can beat anyone.

I would lump on them for the world cup and you might feel a bit better when they win it. I don't see Brazil or argentina stopping them and spain are overrated in my opinion. They can be got at and stopped if Senna and Alonso are nullified...cut off the supply to the forwards and their heads will drop.

I'm dreading it but it's going to happen.

Hibercelona
06-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Naw its no. :devil: :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-09-2009, 01:00 AM
All of the times England have been put out on penalties they were the better team over the course of the game.

I'm even going back to 1990. They have just been rank bad at penalties.

Under their new manager I don't think they'll need penalties to get past the teams they have historically lost to. If they have all their players fit they can beat anyone.

I would lump on them for the world cup and you might feel a bit better when they win it. I don't see Brazil or argentina stopping them and spain are overrated in my opinion. They can be got at and stopped if Senna and Alonso are nullified...cut off the supply to the forwards and their heads will drop.

England have obviously done very well in their qualifying group, but if you look at their recent results against the better teams in friendlies it hasn't been too great. They lost to Spain and France, drew with Holland and Czech Rep and beat Germany.

Player for player they have a team which should do well in the WC, but I still believe their mentallity will see them lose another penalty shoot out. They will do better than us Scots, but will be entertaining in defeat nonetheless. :greengrin

Hibercelona
06-09-2009, 01:10 AM
England are a close 2nd for the most deluded team in the world. :greengrin

Pete
06-09-2009, 01:26 AM
England have obviously done very well in their qualifying group, but if you look at their recent results against the better teams in friendlies it hasn't been too great. They lost to Spain and France, drew with Holland and Czech Rep and beat Germany.

Player for player they have a team which should do well in the WC, but I still believe their mentallity will see them lose another penalty shoot out. They will do better than us Scots, but will be entertaining in defeat nonetheless. :greengrin

That's the key word.

Who cares about friendlies?

As for their attitude surrounding penalties...how many england internationals took penalties in the champions league final in moscow?

I Think if it came to it they would all score because they're not scared of anything any more. They're slowly becoming hardened. It's normally the foreigners that bottle penalties...remember it was Anelkas piss poor penalty that lost chelsea the big one.

Brace yourself my friend...or lump on:greengrin

jgl07
06-09-2009, 02:47 AM
I Think if it came to it they would all score because they're not scared of anything any more. They're slowly becoming hardened. It's normally the foreigners that bottle penalties...remember it was Anelkas piss poor penalty that lost chelsea the big one.
Well how come England keep losing to Germany in penalty shoot outs?

Hibbyradge
06-09-2009, 07:09 AM

Hypocrisy is alive and well and living in New Hampshire. :greengrin

hibiedude
06-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Never a spot kick, but be honest we see it everyweek and untill they introduce the video ref it's only going to get worse

Sas_The_Hibby
06-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Not that bad a set of results, actually, I would suggest, though the point is that, as you say, they were all friendlies, so don't mean very much either way.

As an Englishman :duck: I'm happy with the progress Cappello has made but realistic about where England are in the pecking order: only just in the top 10 probably, which would suggest another quarter final (or earlier!) exit.

Assuming they make South Africa, I just hope Cappello makes sure the players don't believe the English media hype, which, sadly, is never going to change.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Never a spot kick, but be honest we see it everyweek and untill they introduce the video ref it's only going to get worse

Agree, it wasn't a spot kick. Ironically, I don't think Rooney was even looking for a penalty - he was just trying to whack the defender!

Part/Time Supporter
06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Agree, it wasn't a spot kick. Ironically, I don't think Rooney was even looking for a penalty - he was just trying to whack the defender!

Then why did he throw his arms up afterwards appealing for a penalty?

Cheat.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-09-2009, 10:01 AM

Cheat.

I'd have to see it again TBH, just thought the whole episode was a bit bizarre.

Gus
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Cheat.

:boo hoo:dry your eyes, jealousy must hurt. wonder on wednesday if Miller takes a tumble you would be saying the same.........:blah:

What about Scott Brown.....un sportsmanship.....imagine if that happened against Scotland......there would be uproar

I think England have made great strides under capello. Being english, if we qualifier i will be telling all the people that will listen that we are going to win the world cup.....until we get knocked out :boo hoo:(although i hope we don't) & then its humble pie time. I do think the media has been getting alot better, but IMO its no difference to the commentators going on up here about smeltic in europe when they play.

Saorsa
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
:boo hoo:dry your eyes, jealousy must hurt. wonder on wednesday if Miller takes a tumble you would be saying the same.........:blah:

What about Scott Brown.....un sportsmanship.....imagine if that happened against Scotland......there would be uproar

I think England have made great strides under capello. Being english, if we qualifier i will be telling all the people that will listen that we are going to win the world cup.....until we get knocked out :boo hoo:(although i hope we don't) & then its humble pie time. I do think the media has been getting alot better, but IMO its no difference to the commentators going on up here about smeltic in europe when they play.So English :agree:

:wink: :greengrin :thumbsup:

(((Fergus)))
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM

:agree: plus it will be winter in south africa

Tricla
06-09-2009, 01:34 PM

I think England have made great strides under capello. Being english, if we qualifier i will be telling all the people that will listen that we are going to win the world cup.....until we get knocked out :boo hoo:(although i hope we don't) & then its humble pie time. I do think the media has been getting alot better, but IMO its no difference to the commentators going on up here about smeltic in europe when they play.

Not too good with your native tongue though it appears.

Gus
06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Not to good with your native tongue though it appears.

:faf:well spotted

HH81
06-09-2009, 02:47 PM

I'm English and I listern to this all the time, your part of the reason England fail :wink::wink::greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
06-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm English and I listern to this all the time, your part of the reason England fail :wink::wink::greengrin

Actually, I think you're Engerlish!! :wink::greengrin

Agree with your post, however, although I'm trusting Gus's comments were fairly tongue in cheek. The media in England are just an embarassment. The Scottish media aren't arrogant - just generally cr*p!

HibbyAndy
07-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Absolutely staggered that was given as a penalty.

Rooney had the cheek last week tae to say how much of an honest player he was..****in joke!!.

He dived against Arsenal last week tae but coz Almunia came flying out it was always gonna be given.

1st time ive seen this penalty tonight, and its laughable..its Rooney that pulls the shirt sticks out a leg and falls..utter pathetic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
He dived against Arsenal last week tae but coz Almunia came flying out it was always gonna be given.

I've been trying to convince folk all week that he was on his way down before Almunia got anywhere near him. :agree:

Not too fussed about Saturday though as I had £10ew @ 7s Lampard 1st scorer! :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Actually, I think you're Engerlish!! :wink::greengrin

Agree with your post, however, although I'm trusting Gus's comments were fairly tongue in cheek. The media in England are just an embarassment. The Scottish media aren't arrogant - just generally cr*p!

Known Gus...he means every word of it :greengrin:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Diving in a friendly

:hilarious

LamontHFC©
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM

:faf:

Aye, OK then.

Gus
07-09-2009, 04:30 PM
:faf:

Aye, OK then.

What's so funny lad?:wink:

It will happen................hopefully in my lifetime:boo hoo:

lapsedhibee
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
What's so funny lad?:wink:

It will happen................hopefully in my lifetime:boo hoo:

What, are you planning to live till you're 400? :dunno:

hibsdaft
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
got to say i think they have a good chance next year.

Argies are struggling, Portugal might not make it, France are still all over the place under mentalist Domenech. Spain looking like favourites with Brazil (whose squad doesn't look earth shattering, but who are on a great winning run).

Germany and Italy you never really know as they always overachieve if they're weak anyway.

tbh i think England will be underachieving if they don't reach the Semi's.

world class players at all four defensive positions, CM, CM, and FW.

only missing a world class goalie and world class wingers and second striker. if their choices for these positions are at the top of their game come next summer (as Defoe is right now) then they look like having a very strong first XI and they have decent strength in depth and impact players coming off the bench too (eg potentially Defoe, Walcott, Lennon, Young and SWP).

thats not to mention having arguably the best coach in the world who has the full backing of the players, public and English media.

Gus
07-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Argies are struggling, Portugal might not make it, France are still all over the place under mentalist Domenech. Spain looking like favourites with Brazil (whose squad doesn't look earth shattering, but who are on a great winning run).

Germany and Italy you never really know as they always overachieve if they're weak anyway.

only missing a world class goalie and world class wingers and second striker. if their choices for these positions are at the top of their game come next summer (as Defoe is right now) then they look like having a very strong first XI and they have decent strength in depth and impact players coming off the bench too (eg potentially Defoe, Walcott, Lennon, Young and SWP).

thats not to mention having arguably the best coach in the world who has the full backing of the players, public and English media.

Well said...:thumbsup::top marks:wink:

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM

Unfortunately I agree with all of that. FC has installed a winning mentallity and is backing it up with results. He's also going to play who and how he wants regardless of the media. When I heard he went there I was worried. :boo hoo:

LamontHFC©
07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll guarantee England won't win the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 06:35 PM

You can't guarantee something you have no control over.

Capello is probably being paid 5 million pound a year to disprove you. Who's more qualified?

LamontHFC©
07-09-2009, 06:39 PM
You can't guarantee something you have no control over.

Capello is probably being paid 5 million pound a year to disprove you. Who's more qualified?

Well, I am 99.9% certain they won't. What can I say to make me more certain according to you?

England just don't have the bottle.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Well, I am 99.9% certain they won't. What can I say to make me more certain according to you?

England just don't have the bottle.

Was toungue in cheek.

That's why they got a non-english manager who isn't caught up in the hype. The have a man with a proven track record, whom IIRC, has won almost everything in the game and has had success at every club he's ever worked at.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right but Capello has a knack of cracking any team he goes to and gets them winning.

Sas_The_Hibby
07-09-2009, 07:22 PM
S
Was toungue in cheek.

That's why they got a non-english manager who isn't caught up in the hype. The have a man with a proven track record, whom IIRC, has won almost everything in the game and has had success at every club he's ever worked at.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right but Capello has a knack of cracking any team he goes to and gets them winning.

Though managing an international team is quite a different kettle of fish, as they say. Capello has done very well so far but the proof, assuming they get there, will be at the finals.

Interestingly, Eriksson had a very good England record qualifying for finals, but his teams didn't then have that extra something you need at finals (then again, neither have most previous England teams).

Posh Swanny
08-09-2009, 09:10 AM

When it comes to out on a limb prophetic statements, that's around the same level as "Hibs will not win the Scottish Cup". :wink: