PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Scott Brown?

hibsbollah
05-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Despite him being Celtc player now, I can't help myself:agree:

One Day Soon
05-09-2009, 04:25 PM
absolutely - great player

New Corrie
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Who he plays for doesn't bother me, Scotty is a top lad and a cracking player.....So yes! I like him.

SvenNeil
05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Dunno

:wink:

Baader
05-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah. Wish he'd leave to play down South with immediate effect though!

Bob1875
05-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Listen to yourselfs, If that had been against hibs and He was carrying on like that this place would be in uproar

Rasta_Hibs
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah. Wish he'd leave to play down South with immediate effect though!

Yes cos then i would like him even more and plus he would have played more club games for Hibs than he did for Celtic, oor laddie! No Theirs!

500miles
05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Best player we've produced in 15 years. Most important player for any team he is in.

Brando7
05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
absolutely - great player

:agree:

Spike Mandela
05-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Listen to yourselfs, If that had been against hibs and He was carrying on like that this place would be in uproar

Yeah maybe but it doesn't alter the fact he is a cracking player.

Reminds me of the sort of stuff Billy Bremner used to do and he was a legend! The Scotland team is better with him in it.

weststandhibby
05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
great game today. got right into his oppos face and riled them - just as he did at ER. Can see him making Wed game though unfortunately

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Absolutely!! Scott Brown is a very good player. In the first half today, him and Gordon were the only Scotland players that even looked awake. Those two (and a bit of luck) were the only difference between Scotland and Macedonia today. The rest of them only looked good once we were ahead.

One Day Soon
05-09-2009, 04:45 PM

Not really. It's what he does. And anyway, it wasn't against Hibs.

AllyF
05-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes.

Betty Boop
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
He is one of those players fans love to hate, but if they were honest wish he played for their team. Wish he still played for Hibs! :boo hoo:

Del Boy
05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
I like him today anyway! :thumbsup:

sadtom
05-09-2009, 05:01 PM
The player i miss watching more than any.
Great that i still get a chance to support him playing for scotland.
The first half today we were stale and flat. Broonies 'incident' at the end of the half created the spark (even if it was inadverantly) that disrupted the opposition and seemed to fire us to a far more impressive second half performance.
Hes a nippy wee sweety and would cause a war in an empty hoose. Its that 'bad' attitude that sets him apart and its the thing i always loved about him most. As the weegies would say "he's pure gallus!"

Sir David Gray
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
He's a good player and I will support him when he plays for Scotland but he's a bit too petulent for my liking.

Www1875hfc
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Every team needs a player like scott brown,the kind opposing fans detest.
Scott does this,doesnt matter if he done it against hibs or not.
Players are too nicey nicey nowadays and its good to see someone that is streetwise and can noise up the opposition.
What he done was unsporting, but so what who cares,thats what its all about.
Just like mathias jack against dundee utd.:wink:

Not enough scott browns in the scottish game.:agree:

ancient hibee
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Terrific player.A reasonable run with Celtic in the Europe League thingy and he'll then be ready for his move to Man.U.

HibbyAndy
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Every team needs a player like scott brown,the kind opposing fans detest.
Scott does this,doesnt matter if he done it against hibs or not.
Players are too nicey nicey nowadays and its good to see someone that is streetwise and can noise up the opposition.
What he done was unsporting, but so what who cares,thats what its all about.
Just like mathias jack against dundee utd.:wink:

Not enough scott browns in the scottish game.:agree:

Spot on Wull.

spudhib
05-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeh the exception to the rule.:agree:

Hibercelona
05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Scott Browns an ersehole....

...who i'd gladly take back at Hibs anyday :greengrin

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Terrific player.A reasonable run with Celtic in the Europe League thingy and he'll then be ready for his move to Man.U.

You seem to believe this really will happen. I'll give you a verbal bet that Scott Brown will never play for Man Utd. :greengrin

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
a dinnae ken him person likes but he rocked ma world the day!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I missed the 1st half and only watched the last 30 mins. What actually happened with Scott Brown. :dunno:

Billychaotic182
05-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Great Player and a top lad!

Badge
05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes. Pity we can't keep players like him. Think he's the kind of player every team needs.

stu in nottingham
05-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Never particularly admired him for some of the more unsavoury aspects of his on-pitch behaviour but he's an excellent and effective player. Great drive and will to win - the type of player that every successful team needs. Very difficult to keep out of the game but maybe should score a little more often with that kind of ability.

Mikeystewart
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I want Scott to do well but that at this moment means if he does well Celtic will probubly do well hopefuly he gets a move down south or beyond so a dont feel so guilty supporting him.

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I missed the 1st half and only watched the last 30 mins. What actually happened with Scott Brown. :dunno:

He did what he does and got stuck in all game! He played with heart and head!

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Nope can't stand him.

Betty Boop
05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Nope can't stand him.

Is that because he didn't sign for Rangers?

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Nope can't stand him.

:faf: wonder why

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 06:13 PM
He did what he does and got stuck in all game! He played with heart and head!

No problem with that, if only Scotland had more players with that attitude.

I thought I heard something about not giving them the ball back.

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
You seem to believe this really will happen. I'll give you a verbal bet that Scott Brown will never play for Man Utd. :greengrin

I canny see why Fergie wudnae sign Broon, He's a better player than Fletcher and Fergie loves Brown type player! In fact he's always had them at UTD and Fergie brings Scottish players (also Irish) through when he has the chance! I really think Fergie may look at Brown at the end of the season, the only thing that might put him aff is if he keeps getting injured! Brown is world class and Fergie loves a bargin and could get Brown at a gud price!

Watch this space, especially if Scotland qualify fer the World Cup!

Actually i'd be amazed if Fergie disnae look at him at the end o the season! Giggs is finishing so is Scholes, I can really see it happening!

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Nat, the fella wudnae get oot the way and was timewasting and Broon just tryed te kick it te their keeper and the fella got in the way and it hit him!

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM

Yep :agree:. A player of theirs went down in our half (after getting an overheaded ball in the face :greengrin). At first the ref either didn't notice the boy was down or didn't think it serious enough to stop play and allow treatment. About 30 seconds later, when Macedonia had possession in their own half, the ref stops play to allow treatment as the guy was still on the deck. When the ref restarts play, he decides that it's a drop-ball in the Macedonia half. The Macedonians are expecting Brown to boot the ball back to them, but instead, Broony knocks the ball off one of their players and out for a Scotland corner. Cue almost the entire Macedonian team rounding on a grinning Broony very upset. We take the corner, nothing really happens, half time comes and apparently they were still at it in the tunnel. :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Yep :agree:. A player of theirs went down in our half (after getting an overheaded ball in the face :greengrin). At first the ref either didn't notice the boy was down or didn't think it serious enough to stop play and allow treatment. About 30 seconds later, when Macedonia had possession in their own half, the ref stops play to allow treatment as the guy was still on the deck. When the ref restarts play, he decides that it's a drop-ball in the Macedonia half. The Macedonians are expecting Brown to boot the ball back to them, but instead, Broony knocks the ball off one of their players and out for a Scotland corner. Cue almost the entire Macedonian team rounding on a grinning Broony very upset. We take the corner, nothing really happens, half time comes and apparently they were still at it in the tunnel. :thumbsup:

Excellent. I'm a firm believer that all drop balls should be contested, it's the way it used to be. :agree:

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I canny see why Fergie wudnae sign Broon, He's a better player than Fletcher and Fergie loves Brown type player! In fact he's always had them at UTD and Fergie brings Scottish players (also Irish) through when he has the chance! I really think Fergie may look at Brown at the end of the season, the only thing that might put him aff is if he keeps getting injured! Brown is world class and Fergie loves a bargin and could get Brown at a gud price!

Watch this space, especially if Scotland qualify fer the World Cup!

Actually i'd be amazed if Fergie disnae look at him at the end o the season! Giggs is finishing so is Scholes, I can really see it happening!

If, as is to be believed, Celtic have put a price of around £11m on Brown then it could hardly be described as 'a gud price'. Ferguson only really signs Scottish and Irish players when they're vey young, ie Miller, Galbraith, Stewart, Fletcher etc. When was the last time Man Utd signed a Scottish or Irish outfield player of 21 or over?

hibee_girl
05-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes :agree:

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Excellent. I'm a firm believer that all drop balls should be contested, it's the way it used to be. :agree:

It was quality! Broony knew he was being a d!ck but just did it anyway :greengrin. I've all the time in the world for sportsmanship - as long as we're winning.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Is that because he didn't sign for Rangers?
No just something about him i can't stand, im not saying he isnt a good player.

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:49 PM
If, as is to be believed, Celtic have put a price of around £11m on Brown then it could hardly be described as 'a gud price'. Ferguson only really signs Scottish and Irish players when they're vey young, ie Miller, Galbraith, Stewart, Fletcher etc. When was the last time Man Utd signed a Scottish or Irish outfield player of 21 or over?

True, I suppose yer going te yer Mcclair days, but none have fitted the bill fer a gud while which Broon does!! Fergie is no scared of signing Scottish players and if Carrick is worth 18 million a dinnae think he'd bat an eyelid at 11 on Broon!

The Voice Of Reason
05-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Scott Brown - great player.

Scott Brown - wee "nyaff".

Can't say any fairer than that. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2009, 06:51 PM

What?

.SeventyFive
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Plays the game how it shout be played and was by FAR the best player in Hampden today. Top notch.

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
True, I suppose yer going te yer Mcclair days, but none have fitted the bill fer a gud while which Broon does!! Fergie is no scared of signing Scottish players and if Carrick is worth 18 million a dinnae think he'd bat an eyelid at 11 on Broon!

Have you been drinking again? :confused:

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM

What?

The green and white hoops he plays in maybe? :hmmm:

deek68
05-09-2009, 07:36 PM
He was immense for Hibs and no nonsense for Scotland today. Despatched Fletchers' :wink: cross into the net the day nae problem.

Top quality.

forthhibby
05-09-2009, 07:47 PM
just back from game and have to say broony's unsporting behaviour turned the game in our favour, up til then macedonia were time wasting and controlling the tempo of the game, Broony showed them we weren't going to do that anymore and it also gave the crowd a lift going into halftime, what a cracking 2nd half, was a bit like watching hibs at times the amount of chances we missed.

don't know if it was mentioned else where, but scotland brought in an expert announcer to deal with the difficult macedonian players names, scott 'lets make some noise' wilson lol

Betty Boop
05-09-2009, 07:50 PM
just back from game and have to say broony's unsporting behaviour turned the game in our favour, up til then macedonia were time wasting and controlling the tempo of the game, Broony showed them we weren't going to do that anymore and it also gave the crowd a lift going into halftime, what a cracking 2nd half, was a bit like watching hibs at times the amount of chances we missed.

don't know if it was mentioned else where, but scotland brought in an expert announcer to deal with the difficult macedonian players names, scott 'lets make some noise' wilson lol

:jamboak:

--------
05-09-2009, 07:57 PM

I'm glad and relieved that it turned the game our way. I've seen things like that go the other way - fire up the opposition and get them playing.

I have exactly the same attitude to Scott Brown as I had to Billy Bremner - I acknowledge he's a very good player and that the Scottish team's a lot more effective with him in it.

But I don't like him.

NOLA
05-09-2009, 07:59 PM
brown should score more goals, he started off as a striker if im right so knows where they are unlike miller!!

The Voice Of Reason
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm glad and relieved that it turned the game our way. I've seen things that go the otehr way - fire up the opposition and get them playing.

I have exactly the same attitude to Scott brown as I had to Billy Bremner - I acknowledge he's a very good player and that the Scottish team's a lot more effective with him in it.

But i don't like him.

Spot on :agree:

Frazerbob
05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Very good player. The sort of player that Scotland is all about IMO. One of the first names on the Scotland team sheet.

A right wee prick tho!!

iwasthere1972
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Despite him being Celtc player now, I can't help myself:agree:

One word is enough. YES.

hibsdaft
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
without that bit of Wind-Up i think that game was going to 0-0.

he turned the whole tie on its head and i think he meant it too, saw that something had to give in the tie.

the guy is going to be a top drawer manager one day imo.

pished mind, but i do believe it.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
without that bit of Wind-Up i think that game was going to 0-0.

he turned the whole tie on its head and i think he meant it too, saw that something had to give in the tie.

the guy is going to be a top drawer manager one day imo.

pished mind, but i do believe it.

You would think that about Roy Keane, but look how well he is doing in management, not all good players make good managers.

whiskyhibby
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Absolutely.......... a passionate and committed player when at Hibs, same for Scotland

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Steve20
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
The same guy that handed in a transfer request right after a game? No, I don't like him. No better than Kevin Thomson.

Wee ****

Removed
05-09-2009, 09:59 PM
The same guy that handed in a transfer request right after a game? No, I don't like him. No better than Kevin Thomson.

Wee ****

Is there ever a good time though? He's away, he wasn't the first and he'll no be the last. Not sure why folk get so worked up about it now tbh.

Onceinawhile
06-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Watched the game with a non football fan, she called Broonie, a "smug arrogant prick" I couldn't help but agree. Having said that, he is still brilliant

Horse
06-09-2009, 01:57 AM
In a word Yes! I hate Celtic but Brown is one of those players who just has that wee bit of character that I can't help but admire.

Saorsa
06-09-2009, 03:17 AM
When he plays for Scotland, Oh yeah :thumbsup:

ANDY McGEECHAN
06-09-2009, 06:07 AM
yes.

great player. Good lad

dirtydirk
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Brown is one of the best players we have had at Easter road for a long time. He didnt do the dirty on us and got the club a massive trasnfer fee. He is one of theose players however, where a big part of his game is to wind the opposition up, therefore the fans of the club he plays for idolise him and the fans of the oppositions hate him with a passion.

BTW has anyone read the post on Kickback about Scott Brown. Honestly some of the posts are pretty funny. Someone states that the only player in the scotland team world class is Craig gordon. - world class but not epl class????? That they cant understand how anyone could pick Scott Brown ahead of Hartly :confused:
Another poster then starts a rant saying Flower of Scotland is racist. Honestly what planet are these guys from and who do they actually support.

Antifa Hibs
06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
he's a wee fud who proved that yesterday and last week.

were's the caldewell, whitty, thomson and miller are great player threads aswell :rolleyes:

AllyF
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
he's a wee fud who proved that yesterday and last week.

were's the caldewell, whitty, thomson and miller are great player threads aswell :rolleyes:

As far as I can see, there is a Whitty thread.

HibeeUnderwood
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Yes I like Scott Brown.

The service he gave us was fantastic. :thumbsup:

And we got a good price for him when he left. :agree:

Antifa Hibs
06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
this scott brown love in makes me *** sick.

fair enough if he went down south, but he never, so he's now a little mouthy cocky celtic barsteward.

jdships
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm glad and relieved that it turned the game our way. I've seen things like that go the other way - fire up the opposition and get them playing.

I have exactly the same attitude to Scott Brown as I had to Billy Bremner - I acknowledge he's a very good player and that the Scottish team's a lot more effective with him in it.

But I don't like him.

That's it for me - spot on :top marks
Have a feeling if/when he goes to the Premiership he will soon be "put in his place" by the "big boys "
:wink:

Gus
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I think Scott Brown is an excellent player.........but world class :confused:,

He has all the energy & he certainly gets under the skin of the opposition but he does need to score more goals.

His attitude got Scotland the 2nd half performance that they NEEDED but it also caused the melee that got James Mcfadden booked...resulting in him missing the Holland game, which sadly (altho i hope not) will cost Scotland the game IMO

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Loved him for Hibs, hate him for celtic, love him for Scotland.

mim
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM

Scott Brown was down at Spurs on Monday, according to his mum.
I can only guess that there was a real possibility that he would be a Spurs player by the following day, but that didn't happen.
No idea whether that was because of personal terms or whether it is simply something in the pipeline for the next transfer window or later.

500miles
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I think Scott Brown is an excellent player.........but world class :confused:,

He has all the energy & he certainly gets under the skin of the opposition but he does need to score more goals.

His attitude got Scotland the 2nd half performance that they NEEDED but it also caused the melee that got James Mcfadden booked...resulting in him missing the Holland game, which sadly (altho i hope not) will cost Scotland the game IMO

You cannot place McFadden's yellow on Brown's shoulders. That was entirely the stupidity of the referee, as he had no grounds to book McFadden. He booked a Macedonian, so he booked McFadden, to show some sort of parity. Absolute cop out, and McFadden should demand an apology.

Gus
06-09-2009, 12:01 PM
You cannot place McFadden's yellow on Brown's shoulders. That was entirely the stupidity of the referee, as he had no grounds to book McFadden. He booked a Macedonian, so he booked McFadden, to show some sort of parity. Absolute cop out, and McFadden should demand an apology.

yeah your right Mcfadden should of not been booked, as he did no worst than any other of the players, but he DID raise his arms. But it did come about in the situation that was created by Brown, but i sisnt mean to put the blame soley on Brown.

500miles
06-09-2009, 12:10 PM
yeah your right Mcfadden should of not been booked, as he did no worst than any other of the players, but he DID raise his arms. But it did come about in the situation that was created by Brown, but i sisnt mean to put the blame soley on Brown.

The referee booked McFadden for "Unsporting Behaviour" not because of violent conduct or anything like it. Even if he did, the player he shoved was taking a kick at Brown, so, if anything, he was seperating the two players.

The ref bottled it, so booked a player from either side so that neither would be happy, but Macedonia would calm down.

And, Btw, Brown had every right to do what he did. Scotland were in possession of the ball and creating pressure when the whistle was blown. Brown offered to let them kick the ball back to us, they refused because they wanted possession, but they had no reason to expect it - they played on!! Macedonia were trying to use the situation to ease the pressure on them, but it didn't work, because Broony has a bit of balls about him.

Sadly, the ref has less between the legs than he does between the ears and got it all wrong.

monktonharp
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I want Scott to do well but that at this moment means if he does well Celtic will probubly do well hopefuly he gets a move down south or beyond so a dont feel so guilty supporting him.:tsk tsk:c'mon now,you are not allowed to like ex-Hibs players/managers :wink:connected to either OF club,or bigger clubs:yawn:

Dunbar Hibee
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Scotland's best player by miles IMO, unbelievable player.. would love to see him at a big Prem club :agree:

clerriehibs
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Watched the game with a non football fan, she called Broonie, a "smug arrogant prick" I couldn't help but agree. Having said that, he is still brilliant

Did you care what a non football fan thought, and do we?

Siralbertkidd
08-09-2009, 06:27 AM
this scott brown love in makes me *** sick.

fair enough if he went down south, but he never, so he's now a little mouthy cocky celtic barsteward.

Spot on post.

And how did he "get us a good price" if he is worth three times that now?