PDA

View Full Version : New players by next weekend

down-the-slope
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
:rolleyes: Have I missed a thread on this / has everyone mised Yogi's comments...sounds like there are irons in the fire.(for frees presumably)

“If we go and win this game then it tells me that we are off and running, so we must go there with the right attitude and application – and who knows, perhaps with one or two new players! "

down-the-slope
05-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Come on folks

where are the .netters who talk to the guy at the bus stop who cuts the grass of the hairdresser who does the hair of the bloke who delivers the veg to the training ground and speaks to the security guard who signs in the agents to the facility who drop a hint or two :cool2:

down-the-slope
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
:yawn:

Hibs90
05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Your posts were only a few minutes apart give it time. :greengrin

down-the-slope
05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Your posts were only a few minutes apart give it time. :greengrin

I was never patient as a child either :greengrin Normally you would have 74 suggestions of a scoop by now...this is the Manager dropping massive hints and no clue :wink:

Now where was that post about a big tall handsome bloke lost in New Winton with granny giving him the eye :faf:

Spike Mandela
05-09-2009, 01:35 PM
For Yogi to make a statement like that on the official site these signings must be effectively done and dusted. Surely he can't be so naive to say this if less than 99% certain:confused::dunno:

down-the-slope
05-09-2009, 01:40 PM
For Yogi to make a statement like that on the official site these signings must be effectively done and dusted. Surely he can't be so naive to say this if less than 99% certain:confused::dunno:
:agree: exactly they must be distinct possibilities that are well on in negotiations..otherwise all its doing is alerting other clubs to start sniffing around

BEEJ
05-09-2009, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes: Have I missed a thread on this / has everyone mised Yogi's comments...sounds like there are irons in the fire.(for frees presumably)

“If we go and win this game then it tells me that we are off and running, so we must go there with the right attitude and application – and who knows, perhaps with one or two new players! "
This has been brought up on one or two threads already.

The character, Voltz, (ex Fulham RB) has so far created the most nods, winks and nudges from those who are allegedly in the know.

And the rest of the posters are so impressed by this 'stick-on' of a new signing that the thread has degenerated into a series of puns on the subject of electricity. :greengrin

down-the-slope
05-09-2009, 02:30 PM
This has been brought up on one or two threads already.

The character, Voltz, (ex Fulham RB) has so far created the most nods, winks and nudges from those who are allegedly in the know.

And the rest of the posters are so impressed by this 'stick-on' of a new signing that the thread has degenerated into a series of puns on the subject of electricity. :greengrin

aye but stuff about Voltz was around before Yogi made these comments -could be connected and correct though?

BEEJ
05-09-2009, 02:46 PM
aye but stuff about Voltz was around before Yogi made these comments -could be connected and correct though?
The first thread to raise this issue was....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=160194

Check out post #14 which, I believe, was the first mention of said player.

Spike Mandela
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Broony yir a star:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
05-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Broony yir a star:thumbsup:

Oops wrong thread:dizzy:

josef k
05-09-2009, 03:39 PM
The first thread to raise this issue was....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=160194

Check out post #14 which, I believe, was the first mention of said player.

His name appears to have been mentioned on this thread on the bounce slightly earlier than this by one of the admins there ( http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88972) - but more just as a 'what about this guy he is currently free' than as a 'wink, I know something honest guv I am an in the know person' kind of way. So just a case of internet chinese whispers I think, and not a name specifically to get excited about. :dunno: Will be interesting to find out who Hughes has up his sleave though

PC Stamp
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM

"Hopefully we can go there (to Hamilton) and take the three points, maybe with one or two new players, who knows?"

That's pretty much what Yogi said IIRC. Nothing about definitely having new players.

For me, it's a case of him letting the fans know that he's still looking and that new players may still arrive at the club before January despite the window being closed. I'm not sure how that makes him naive?

persevere1875
05-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Am I right in thinking loan signings can be made at any time of the season ie outwith the transfer window, in which case what with Yogi's record in loan signings at Falkirk and with all teams now aware of who's still in there squads, perhaps the big man still has a few surprises for us yet, who's to say that some of the bigger english teams have waited until the deadlines closed before looking who to farm the younger players out to for some experiance, and whilst I am like most on here wildly biased, I cant see many teams I'd rather send a young talented player too who needs that extra bit of experiance than someone of Hibs stature especially bearing in mind the managers passion for playing football the right way.

PC Stamp
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
No loan signings can be made until January, other than a goalkeeper in an extreme emergency. IIRC SFL clubs can make a maximum of two loan signings outwith the transfer windows but not SPL clubs.

persevere1875
05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
That just pissed on my bonfire then :boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
"Hopefully we can go there (to Hamilton) and take the three points, maybe with one or two new players, who knows?"

That's pretty much what Yogi said IIRC. Nothing about definitely having new players.

For me, it's a case of him letting the fans know that he's still looking and that new players may still arrive at the club before January despite the window being closed. I'm not sure how that makes him naive?

Because constantly blabbing in the media saying things like 2 or 3 players in before the window closes gives everyone false hope and gives people reason to criticise him when they dont materialise.

Whilst enjoying some of his frank utterings I do believe his media statements are sometimes naive and he could be a bit more savvy when being interviewed.

PC Stamp
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Because constantly blabbing in the media saying things like 2 or 3 players in before the window closes gives everyone false hope and gives people reason to criticise him when they dont materialise.

Whilst enjoying some of his frank utterings I do believe his media statements are sometimes naive and he could be a bit more savvy when being interviewed.

Did you miss the maybe and who knows? I've not read anywhere in the media where he has guaranteed anything. Maybe I don't read the same papers as you? Though maybe doesn't guarantee that I don't. :wink:

Iain G
06-09-2009, 12:11 AM
No loan signings can be made until January, other than a goalkeeper in an extreme emergency. IIRC SFL clubs can make a maximum of two loan signings outwith the transfer windows but not SPL clubs.

Did nobody tell Mogga that, surely having Si Brown or Zibby in goal was an extreme emergency!!! :greengrin

down-the-slope
06-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Anybody found a list of freed players in the uk :rolleyes: - must be a few around if we are anything to go by freeing 4/5 players

Spike Mandela
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Did you miss the maybe and who knows? I've not read anywhere in the media where he has guaranteed anything. Maybe I don't read the same papers as you? Though maybe doesn't guarantee that I don't. :wink:

I'm well aware of the ambiguity(sp) in his statement PC nobody mentioned guarantees.:confused:.

My point is why would he say anything at all on the official site (not a paper) unless almost cut and dried? It would just leave him open to accusations of bull**** or naivete.

I know there is a thirst for info but I much prefer the Hibs way of saying nothing till there is something to say. That includes nods, winks, hints and maybes:greengrin

Hibee_Rab
06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm well aware of the ambiguity(sp) in his statement PC nobody mentioned guarantees.:confused:.

My point is why would he say anything at all on the official site (not a paper) unless almost cut and dried? It would just leave him open to accusations of bull**** or naivete.

I know there is a thirst for info but I much prefer the Hibs way of saying nothing till there is something to say. That includes nods, winks, hints and maybes:greengrin

Maybe it is?

lyonhibs
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM

Has the implied ambiguity of the word "perhaps" been totally lost on all posters on here??

Meaning "perhaps, but also, by definition, perhaps NOT"

I'd be very surprised to see any new faces in the squad in time for Sunday.

flash
07-09-2009, 06:59 AM

If a new centre half is only a "maybe" then it's gonna be 6 months of car crash fitba til we can get one in again.

Spike Mandela
07-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Has the implied ambiguity of the word "perhaps" been totally lost on all posters on here??

Meaning "perhaps, but also, by definition, perhaps NOT"

I'd be very surprised to see any new faces in the squad in time for Sunday.

No it hasn't been lost on posters here, in fact, every post has acknowledged it.

The point is why did he say it considering the fact the window is shut and few people are expecting Hibs to now add to the squad. Why build up expectation unnecessarily again?

To my mind Yogi ain't stupid and it suggests to me a deal or two is near completion.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 08:07 AM
If a new centre half is only a "maybe" then it's gonna be 6 months of car crash fitba til we can get one in again.

:top marks Unless we get someone in to partner Bamba, it could be a bit messy

jacomo
07-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Has anyone spotted Russel Latapy driving down George St yet?

With our Falkirk-centric signing policy, but being restricted to people currently without a club, he seems the most feasible option. :wink:

Crazyhorse
07-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Has anyone spotted Russel Latapy driving down George St yet?

With our Falkirk-centric signing policy, but being restricted to people currently without a club, he seems the most feasible option. :wink:

What about Jonathon Johanson he's available and scoring a goal a game for Finland at the moment?

jacomo
07-09-2009, 09:47 AM
What about Jonathon Johanson he's available and scoring a goal a game for Finland at the moment?

Ah, but if Finland qualify for the World Cup, he will be out of our league, surely?

sambajustice
07-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Its Bamba that we need to get out of centre half! Every time he goes up for a header he's landing on his erse usually after trying to instigate a game of leapfrog with centre forward!

Giving those sorts of fouls in the middle of the park isn't too bad but giving away endless amounts of fouls around the box could, sorry WILL, cause all sorts of problems for us, especially considering how weak we seem to be when balls are flung into the box!

IWasThere2016
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Bamba .. Ian Murray is the best CH at ER IMHO

Speedway
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM

There's no danger we're signing Messy.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Its Bamba that we need to get out of centre half! Every time he goes up for a header he's landing on his erse usually after trying to instigate a game of leapfrog with centre forward!

Giving those sorts of fouls in the middle of the park isn't too bad but giving away endless amounts of fouls around the box could, sorry WILL, cause all sorts of problems for us, especially considering how weak we seem to be when balls are flung into the box!

Bamba has been superb for us this season at centre half.:confused:

sambajustice
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Bamba has been superb for us this season at centre half.:confused:

Is superb not over doing it a bit? We've only played 3 games and went behind in the lot! I thought against Celtic he wasn't particularly that great, or even good.

Just my opinion though, although I do have a (bad) tendency to pick up on the negative rather than the positives, which I have to stop doing! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Is superb not over doing it a bit? We've only played 3 games and went behind in the lot! I thought against Celtic he wasn't particularly that great, or even good.

Just my opinion though, although I do have a (bad) tendency to pick up on the negative rather than the positives, which I have to stop doing! :agree:

You have to stop doing that, i hate people who's glass is half empty.:wink: I disagree with you on Bamba, in fact I'd hate to see what our defense would be like without him.

fife hfc
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Bamba .. Ian Murray is the best CH at ER IMHO

:agree: That should be the centre half pairing but it won't be with Hogg being made captain. I hope Yogi does not let this decision get in the way of what is best for the team, though i suspect Hogg will not be dropped.

Woody1985
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
You have to stop doing that, i hate people who's glass is half empty.:wink: I disagree with you on Bamba, in fact I'd hate to see what our defense would be like without him.

Hopefully better than you can spell it :greengrin