PDA

View Full Version : NHC Allianz Arena, Munich

khib70
05-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Bunch of us from the boozer going to Munich next weekend, and going to see 1860's match at the Allianz on the Saturday. Anyone with local knowledge confirm that it'll be OK to pay on the gate?

Any other tips about the game and Munich in general much appreciated :scarf::cheers:

Jonnyboy
05-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Bunch of us from the boozer going to Munich next weekend, and going to see 1860's match at the Allianz on the Saturday. Anyone with local knowledge confirm that it'll be OK to pay on the gate?

Any other tips about the game and Munich in general much appreciated :scarf::cheers:

Drop Mike in Munich a PM buddy. As is obvious from his username he spent time in Munich and by chance 1860 were his chosen team :thumbsup:

Haymaker
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
When I was there to see munich shalke you could get tickets at the ticket office but they were expensive as it was a big game. Beautiful stadium and there was nothing like drinking in the beer tent outside in the sun then heading in to watch Munich get beat, Ribery sent off and Klinnsman sacked.

Twa Cairpets
05-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Youre going to Munich the week before the Oktoberfest?

Missing a trick there mate, insofar as you're missing the worlds biggest two week party.

if youre getting in by train - after leaving the Hauptbahnhof main entrance, go across to right hand corner of the square as you look to Schillerstrasse, and half a block down is Cafe Schiller, a fine place to sit and chill 2 mins after you get off the train.

Went to 1860 once, and it was pay at the gate then a (three years ago right enough, but only 2/3 full).

HibSem
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I was there in May for Bayern vs Borussia Monchengladbach there were no public tickets available. What to do is get the underground early to the stadium station and stand outside asking for tickets. There are always spare tickets.We got tickets straight away even though we had a large group.

Had a fright of my life when i bought a bayern scarf and proceeded to my seat only to find out that I'm sitting in the middle of the Borussia ultras :duck: ended up tying the bayern scarf around my waist and sweating it all game.:thumbsup:

khib70
07-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks to everyone who's replied so far:thumbsup:

mim
07-09-2009, 04:28 PM
There will be no problem getting tickets for 1860's game.
They should be available from an all-purpose ticket machine in Marienplatz underground station (this is the main square in the city centre).

You can buy a standing ticket for the game :top marks for 14 euros (it's a 1:30 k.o. btw).

see http://www.munichfound.com/ for a lot of good information on Munich.

Keith_M
07-09-2009, 04:35 PM
If you get the chance, take the stadium tour as well. I did that a couple of years back and it's well worth the money.

Maybe one day, when we're as big as the yams, we could have a stadium like that anaw... :wink:

Winston Ingram
07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I bought my tickets on the website before I went.

watch out for the Allianz Card. If you want to buy any refreshments you need to by one of them in the stadium. Minimum spend 20 euros:boo hoo:

Gala Foxes
07-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Went to see Bayern with 4 mates 2 years ago - game was a sell out but picked tickets up okay in town day before at realistic prices. 1860 aren't as well supported so you will have no probs

khib70
08-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Once again, thanks to you all for your replies. What a top information source Hibs.net is:hnet:

Gala Foxes
08-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Enjoy - night life is pretty good, but food is dodgy, unless you like cabbage with everything that is

Winston Ingram
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Enjoy - night life is pretty good, but food is dodgy, unless you like cabbage with everything that is

Augustiner Beer:yum yum:

blueisthecolour
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM

I don't think they do pay at the gate, but tickets should be easily availble.

Haymaker
09-09-2009, 02:38 AM

No pay at the gate but there are several ticket offices outside the ground... basically the same :greengrin

Petrie's Tache
09-09-2009, 02:41 AM

its 1860 he's going to watch not 1690:wink: