PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Mcgeady Diving

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Not been on the board since the he dived against hibs, what was everyones reaction to this cheat and the way his team mates and manager did not condone what he had done?

Removed
04-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Not been on the board since the he dived against hibs, what was everyones reaction to this cheat and the way his team mates and manager did not condone what he had done?

:yawn: Look for the word "search" above. Click on that and you can find all the stuff you missed

Should keep you busy for a couple of hours :pray:

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Gonnae stop trolling eh?

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 09:24 PM

You probably wouldn't know how to search so here's one of the threads for you.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=159368

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 09:25 PM

I thought....

Why isnt he playing for Rangers? :cool2:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Gonnae stop trolling eh?

Never heard of that, explain please

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:29 PM

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=159368

Cheers

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM

It means starting pointless and endless threads about topics already covered

I'll let you off this time seeing as yer PC was 'broke' :wink:

(((Fergus)))
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM

my enemy's enemy is my friend? no...piss off

Removed
04-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Does being a dick come naturally to you or do you have to work hard at it?

Heard of Google?

_hucks_
04-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Aye they did. I think the word you're looking for is condemn

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm having a terrible internal debate.

Is Aidan McGeady more annoying than Seb Rozenthal was rubbish :confused:

Westie1875
04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Is it me or are people being a little over sensitive at some of the things blue is the colour is posting, I dont think he is trying to wind us Hibees up. :duck:

HibbiesandtheBaddies

Hate diving and cheating with a passion. McGreedy got what he deserved.

One of the threads discussing this reminded me of a boy we had playing for us a couple of years ago Amadou Konte with the most blatant, badly disguised dives in the penalty box in front of the Famous Five stand. The whole Hibs crowd just laughed at him, think he got the message.

Removed
It means starting pointless and endless threads about topics already covered

:agree:

or someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm having a terrible internal debate.

Is Aidan McGeady more annoying than Seb Rozenthal was rubbish :confused:

Opened up a real can of worms there J boy :greengrin

Let me muddy the waters - Is Aiden McGeady more annoying that Kirk Broadfoot is gormless?

:wink:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Is it me or are people being a little over sensitive at some of the things blue is the colour is posting, I dont think he is trying to wind us Hibees up. :duck:
If my username name was something to do with hibs and i didn't admit to being a rangers fan i doubt anyone wound have thought anything of this subject.

Removed
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
If my username name was something to do with hibs and i didn't admit to being a rangers fan i doubt anyone wound have thought anything of this subject.

Not true, see post 2. Now beat it :bye:

Jonnyboy

Ah, now I see :wink:

blueisthecolour

Let me muddy the waters - Is Aiden McGeady more annoying that Kirk Broadfoot is gormless?

Mcgeady would have to find his way out of Broadfoot's back pocket to be annoying:wink:

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2009, 09:41 PM

Ooh, that's a good one :greengrin

Is Kirk Broadfoot more gormless than the De Boers were massive under-achievers?

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Mcgeady would have to find his way out of Broadfoot's back pocket to be annoying:wink:

:faf: priceless that you actually believe that :greengrin

FAO westie1875 - think of blueisthecolour as being like a huge plook on yer nose. Not exactly life threatening but annoying as **** :greengrin

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Blueisthecolour

Here's a question for you.

Why is the Gregg's in George Square so big?

Removed
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM

:idea: Are you Macar's burds son per chance? Is this his way of getting back at being punted from here.

:troll:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Blueisthecolour

Here's a question for you.

Why is the Gregg's in George Square so big?

That is one strange question, but if serious i would say it's because it's right in the centre of the city, a busy place, hope this helps:crazy:

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2009, 09:53 PM
:idea: Are you Macar's burds son per chance? Is this his way of getting back at being punted from here.

:troll:

:hilarious

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 09:54 PM
That is one strange question, but if serious i would say it's because it's right in the centre of the city, a busy place, hope this helps:crazy:

Might be a strange question, but its better than some of the pash threads you're starting.

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2009, 09:57 PM

In fairness, the board is a better place for having fans of a foreign persuasion, especially when they are willing to start threads :agree:

Usually makes for a good debate - to see ourselves as others do and all that :greengrin

Pete
04-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Definately.

I think the fact he is a Rangers fan is like a red rag to a bull to some...they're probably the same people who would indulge a Celtic fan.

Two cheeks of the same erse in my opinion...and one group is as patronising as the other.

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Definately.

I think the fact he is a Rangers fan is like a red rag to a bull to some...they're probably the same people who would indulge a Celtic fan.

Two cheeks of the same erse in my opinion...and one group is as patronising as the other.

Don't tar me with that brush please.

Removed
04-09-2009, 10:06 PM
In fairness, the board is a better place for having fans of a foreign persuasion, especially when they are willing to start threads :agree:

Usually makes for a good debate - to see ourselves as others do and all that :greengrin

We even tolerate Arabs on here as well :duck:

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Aye, no so sure I'm happy with that TBH :bitchy:

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Watch it you! :gun:

Aye, no so sure I'm happy with that TBH :bitchy:

:na na:

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Definately.

I have to say Peter it's not the fact that he's a Rangers fan that bugs me it's his incessant trolling that gets my goat (or his goat maybe :wink:)

Pete
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I have to say Peter it's not the fact that he's a Rangers fan that bugs me it's his incessant trolling that gets my goat (or his goat maybe :wink:)

You're there to look out for that sort of thing though regardless of the poster....and good on you for highlighting it if it goes over the top.

However, if a member called "red blue and white ibrox bear" was to appear wanting nothing more than to engage in meaningfull debate we all know what would happen.

Rangers fans simply don't post here and in a way it's a shame. Some of the most knowledgable people on the subject of football I know are Rangers fans who have no time for the sectarian element. It's obvious people like that are scared off due to some peoples intolerance.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 10:38 PM
You're there to look out for that sort of thing though regardless of the poster....and good on you for highlighting it if it goes over the top.

However, if a member called "red blue and white ibrox bear" was to appear wanting nothing more than to engage in meaningfull debate we all know what would happen.

Rangers fans simply don't post here and in a way it's a shame. Some of the most knowledgable people on the subject of football I know are Rangers fans who have no time for the sectarian element. It's obvious people like that are scared off due to some peoples intolerance.

I agree with all of that Peter but we're not unique as I'm sure you'll agree. Some of the most knowledgeable football fans I know are Hibs fans but if they tried to engage in debate on Follow Follow with a username of "First to wear the Green" they'd get hounded out :greengrin It cuts both ways and is part of the tribalism that's developed over the years.

I recall with affection being able to move around football grounds without being set upon. OK we were never going to be pals and we gave each other hard stares as we passed on the terracing but that was about the extent of it.

Football fans have not developed gracefully it seems :offski: :greengrin

Pete
04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I agree with all of that Peter but we're not unique as I'm sure you'll agree. Some of the most knowledgeable football fans I know are Hibs fans but if they tried to engage in debate on Follow Follow with a username of "First to wear the Green" they'd get hounded out :greengrin It cuts both ways and is part of the tribalism that's developed over the years.

I recall with affection being able to move around football grounds without being set upon. OK we were never going to be pals and we gave each other hard stares as we passed on the terracing but that was about the extent of it.

Football fans have not developed gracefully it seems :offski: :greengrin

Places like follow follow are havens for sectarians and don't seem to be as well policed as this board and others like it.
We all know it's because a lot of what Rangers are all about is built on division and a sense of superiority...ever the open minded Rangers fans will agree with that...but these fans suffer due to this reputation even though they can contribute as much to the wider footballing debate as any hibs fan.

You'll probably agree with this but to me, Hibs...and it's associated message boards should be about inclusion no matter what flag you wave or who you think you are. I'd love fans of ALL clubs to feel welcome on here just as long as they know the rules. Any sectarian stuff and you're gone.

It's as if some of our intolerant members are limiting the quality of debate by taking this hard line against Rangers in general. We should be bigger than them and therefore encourage the sensible bluenoses to participate.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Places like follow follow are havens for sectarians and don't seem to be as well policed as this board and others like it.
We all know it's because a lot of what Rangers are all about is built on division and a sense of superiority...ever the open minded Rangers fans will agree with that...but these fans suffer due to this reputation even though they can contribute as much to the wider footballing debate as any hibs fan.

You'll probably agree with this but to me, Hibs...and it's associated message boards should be about inclusion no matter what flag you wave or who you think you are. I'd love fans of ALL clubs to feel welcome on here just as long as they know the rules. Any sectarian stuff and you're gone.

It's as if some of our intolerant members are limiting the quality of debate by taking this hard line against Rangers in general. We should be bigger than them and therefore encourage the sensible bluenoses to participate.

Well said Peter.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:04 PM

It's as if some of our intolerant members are limiting the quality of debate by taking this hard line against Rangers in general. We should be bigger than them and therefore encourage the sensible bluenoses to participate.:agree: :top marks

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 11:06 PM

Whilst I agree with the first 2 paragraphs of your post, the 3rd one is total tosh. He's at the wind up. Who in their right mind wouldn't know that there would have undoubtedly been at least one thread about the McGeady incident on here?

This (http://www.dailyhun.co.uk) is a good read for the blue side of the great unwashed.

Toaods
04-09-2009, 11:06 PM

HUns are very used to being searched.....especially down Manchester way.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Whilst I agree with the first 2 paragraphs of your post, the 3rd one is total tosh. He's at the wind up. Who in their right mind wouldn't know that there would have undoubtedly been at least one thread about the McGeady incident on here?

This (http://www.dailyhun.co.uk) is a good read for the blue side of the great unwashed.

Dave, he's talking about Rangers fans in general and not blueisthecolour specifically

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Dave, he's talking about Rangers fans in general and not blueisthecolour specifically

Really Bob? That's not the way I read it. Do we have more than one pet hun on here?

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Really Bob? That's not the way I read it. Do we have more than one pet hun on here?

Bob?

No doubt Peter himself will explain what he meant

Removed
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM

That's all very rational and sensible Peter but I don't buy the theory that we're are anti BITC because he is a Rangers fan. He has been annoying since the day he appeared Rangers fan or not - and to balance things up there are a few Hibbys on here who post the same sort of pish as him imo.

Maybe he's not doing it on purpose to give him the benefit of the doubt but he needs to think a bit more about the type of threads he starts and why he is starting them, particulary a week after the event when it's been done to death, or where it could be perceived as a wind up or controversial just to stir things up.

If he thinks about that and cuts the things that I, and others, perceive as being a potential wind up, then he is as welcome on here as anyone.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2009, 11:13 PM

I haven't read all the boys threads, but those I've seen have merely been probing for information.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:14 PM
That's all very rational and sensible Peter but I don't buy the theory that we're are anti BITC because he is a Rangers fan. He has been annoying since the day he appeared Rangers fan or not - and to balance things up there are a few Hibbys on here who post the same sort of pish as him imo.

Maybe he's not doing it on purpose to give him the benefit of the doubt but he needs to think a bit more about the type of threads he starts and why he is starting them, particulary a week after the event when it's been done to death, or where it could be perceived as a wind up or controversial just to stir things up.

If he thinks about that and cuts the things that I, and others, perceive as being a potential wind up, then he is as welcome on here as anyone.

Agree Billy. Basically what I was saying earlier - his trolling is extremely irritating

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Bob?

No doubt Peter himself will explain what he meant

Dave, he's talking about Rangers fans in general and not blueisthecolour specifically :confused:

:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2009, 11:17 PM

Open and healthy debate is the only way forward.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM

Will you please read the 1st post, I knew there would have been loads of posts about this, but I did say at the time I hadn't been on ( pc was broke) so i asked what the reaction was at the time not if there was any reaction, so no im not at the wind up.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM
:confused:

:greengrin

Ooooops :faf: I just realised I quoted you instead of Toaods

:blushie::tee hee:

Sorry

matty_f
04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Question for blueisthecolour - is McGeady more or less of a cheat than Kyle Lafferty?

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Ooooops :faf: I just realised I quoted you instead of Toaods

:blushie::tee hee:

Sorry

No worries.
I've been called a lot worse - especially on here! Dundonian for starters!! :wink:

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
No worries.
I've been called a lot worse - especially on here! Dundonian for starters!! :wink:

No way people should mock the afflicted :greengrin

Removed
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Will you please read the 1st post, I knew there would have been loads of posts about this, but I did say at the time I hadn't been on ( pc was broke) so i asked what the reaction was at the time not if there was any reaction, so no im not at the wind up.

So did you not think to go back and have a look at the threads from Sunday/Monday?

The fact that you started a new thread tonight is perceived as being controversial. You could have found one of the earlier threads and bumped it back up then folk would be quite happy to debate further with you I think.

marinello59
04-09-2009, 11:30 PM

You are a Rangers fan? I thought you were Chelsea. Or Hearts. (Mentioning those three clubs in one post may lead to me suffering some sort of eternal damnation thing with Cliff Richard providing the soundtrack.)

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Question for blueisthecolour - is McGeady more or less of a cheat than Kyle Lafferty?
Lafferty cheated Mcgeady cheated, the difference is when Lafferty cheated rangers came out and slammed him for it, when the celtic manager was being inteviwed he said Mcgeady did nothing wrong when he was allowed to see replays he refused to watch and the captain of the team said when they where going to show him the footage, let the video do the talking but when he was told to have a look he realised Mcgeady was in the wrong and changed the subject.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:33 PM
You are a Rangers fan? I thought you were Chelsea. Or Hearts. (Mentioning those three clubs in one post may lead to me suffering some sort of eternal damnation thing with Cliff Richard providing the soundtrack.)

:tee hee:

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Lafferty cheated Mcgeady cheated, the difference is when Lafferty cheated rangers came out and slammed him for it, when the celtic manager was being inteviwed he said Mcgeady did nothing wrong when he was allowed to see replays he refused to watch and the captain of the team said when they where going to show him the footage, let the video do the talking but when he was told to have a look he realised Mcgeady was in the wrong and changed the subject.

Pretty fair summation I'd say :agree:

Out of interest, did Rangers fine Lafferty or just let the SFA punish him?

matty_f
04-09-2009, 11:36 PM

What did Rangers have to say about it when Kevin Thomson threw himself down to win a penalty in an OF game?

Pete

I was talking about Rangers fans in general.

believe it or not there are Rangers fans who don't care about colours or songs etc... and just want to talk football. They will be put off by narrow minded attitudes shown towards Rangers fans and the generalisation of the supporters. Even the attitudes towards hearts fans will put them off because they will probably view the intolerance towards them as an indication of what will happen to anyone who supports Rangers.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic here but if we were a bit more tolerant then people like Blue is the colour might weigh in with something more than probing questions to test the water.

blueisthecolour
So did you not think to go back and have a look at the threads from Sunday/Monday?

The fact that you started a new thread tonight is perceived as being controversial. You could have found one of the earlier threads and bumped it back up then folk would be quite happy to debate further with you I think.

TBH no i didn't think, i was talking about it today with some celtic fans and when i logged on I though I would ask what the reaction was, I will remember to use the search in future, but was not trying to cause hassle.

iwasthere1972
04-09-2009, 11:38 PM

Have to agree. You would have to be as thick as a brick not to have assumed that the subject would have been discussed in great length and that the verdict would be GUILTY AS CHARGED.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Pretty fair summation I'd say :agree:

Out of interest, did Rangers fine Lafferty or just let the SFA punish him?

Rangers fined him, he disgraced the club but was big enough to say sorry, it's just something he will have to live with now.

iwasthere1972
04-09-2009, 11:39 PM
TBH no i didn't think, i was talking about it today with some celtic fans and when i logged on I though I would ask what the reaction was, I will remember to use the search in future, but was not trying to cause hassle.

:faf:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Have to agree. You would have to be as thick as a brick not to have assumed that the subject would have been discussed in great length and that the verdict would be GUILTY AS CHARGED.

As i have said, I Knew the subject would have been discussed I just didn't think to use the search fuction.

Removed
04-09-2009, 11:42 PM

Ok, fair enough.

And you never answered an earlier question. See post #24 - Do you know a Jackie from Rutherglen :greengrin

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:43 PM
:faf:

Believe it or not we have mix even work beside them (no laughing at them having a job) so these things are spoken about.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Ok, fair enough.

And you never answered an earlier question. See post #24 - Do you know a Jackie from Rutherglen :greengrin

Funny enough I do know a jackie from rutherglen, don't think it would be who your talking about, whats the story behind this?

iwasthere1972
04-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Believe it or not we have mix even work beside them (no laughing at them having a job) so these things are spoken about.

Do you sew mail bags or break up concrete block? :wink:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Do you sew mail bags or break up concrete block? :wink:
something like that:wink:

Removed
04-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Funny enough I do know a jackie from rutherglen, don't think it would be who your talking about, whats the story behind this?

That was not the answer I was expecting :LOL:

She has recently become friendly :slipper:with an ex poster on here. I would totally wet myself if she is the woman in question. Can you say roughly how old the Jackie you know is and does she have any kids?

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:53 PM
That was not the answer I was expecting :LOL:

She has recently become friendly :slipper:with an ex poster on here. I would totally wet myself if she is the woman in question. Can you say roughly how old the Jackie you know is and does she have any kids?

Not seen her in a long time about 30ish 1 kid last i heard.

Removed
04-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Not seen her in a long time about 30ish 1 kid last i heard.

:hmmm: if a long time could mean about 7 years then defo not ruled out. I could PM you a pic :devil:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 11:59 PM
:hmmm: if a long time could mean about 7 years then defo not ruled out. I could PM you a pic :devil:
send that pm.

Removed
05-09-2009, 12:06 AM
send that pm.

Couldn't do it in a PM for some reason :grr:

But everyone will probably want to see anyway so here you go. She does look like a Rangers fan don't you think :devil:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 12:11 AM

But everyone will probably want to see anyway so here you go. She does look like a Rangers fan don't you think :devil:

Not who i was thinking of but I will keep my eyes wide open when walking down the main st.

I would doubt she's a rangers fan, we have talent in our support:wink:

matty_f
05-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Not who i was thinking of but I will keep my eyes wide open when walking down the main st.

:agree:Talent for soap-dodgery, and petty crime.:greengrin

Removed
05-09-2009, 12:12 AM

Sure you do :faf:

lyonhibs
05-09-2009, 04:23 PM

God she's a growler.

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 04:26 PM
God she's a growler.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He's in love don't you know.

MSK
05-09-2009, 04:37 PM

I would doubt she's a rangers fan, we have talent in our support:wink:Is the Bank bar still on the go ..?

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I drove past Colin Campbell's sports shop today, and I wondered - how many of us would be complaining about diving if he had gone down instead of trying to stay on his feet in 1979, when McLoy grabbed his ankle.

We always complain that the ref didn't give the penalty, but if Colin had gone down - he could hardly have refused, we would have won the Scottish Cup. Part of me is glad he tried to play the game in the true spirit, and part of me wishes like hell he had gone down.

weecounty hibby
05-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I drove past Colin Campbell's sports shop today, and I wondered - how many of us would be complaining about diving if he had gone down instead of trying to stay on his feet in 1979, when McLoy grabbed his ankle.

We always complain that the ref didn't give the penalty, but if Colin had gone down - he could hardly have refused, we would have won the Scottish Cup. Part of me is glad he tried to play the game in the true spirit, and part of me wishes like hell he had gone down.

A penalty, against the Huns, at Hampden, in a cup final. No danger of that being given. It would have been a stonewaller but I still don't think it would have been given

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
A penalty, against the Huns, at Hampden, in a cup final. No danger of that being given. It would have been a stonewaller but I still don't think it would have been given

I wonder if that's why Colin tried to stay on his feet. At the same time, IIRC Hibs got a penalty in the 2nd replay.

Removed
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
God she's a growler.

:agree: Yes to you and I, but to him she's Miss World, a dominatrix and his mam rolled into one - what more could he want. The only downside is her bluenose but when you're getting your nat king some things can easily be put to the back of the mind :3wise smi