PDA

View Full Version : Scotland games

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Will anyone be going to any of the scotland games, and is your passion for scotland as strong as your passion for hibs?

Row H
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Will anyone be going to any of the scotland games, and is your passion for scotland as strong as your passion for hibs?

No, and no. Hibs for all time!

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Ditto

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I will be at both games. Hope we win both but now expecting to. Can always live in hope.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Jesus, not having a dig at the op, but why does this same question pop up at every international break.

Simple rule of the thumb, Scotland will never play Hibs, Hibs will never play Scotland so why can you support both with the same amount of passion.

Oh and to answer the op's question, Yes there wil be around 52,000 people going and Yes see above!!

Antifa Hibs
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Jesus, not having a dig at the op, but why does this same question pop up at every international break.

Simple rule of the thumb, Scotland will never play Hibs, Hibs will never play Scotland so why can you support both with the same amount of passion.

Oh and to answer the op's question, Yes there wil be around 52,000 people going and Yes see above!

I don't think its sold out. Which begs the question, where are all these dafties that were offering a grand and a shot of their wife for a ticket for the Italy game..?

Oh, and no and no

woody47
04-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Yes and yes.

And I do not see why some people have a problem with supporting Scotland. Do these same people have a thing for another club other than Hibs ie Liverpool, man U, Barca etc etc etc.

So question is, why have a go at Hibs fans also being Scotland fans and not have a go at someone supporting another club team?

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Yes and yes.

And I do not see why some people have a problem with supporting Scotland. Do these same people have a thing for another club other than Hibs ie Liverpool, man U, Barca etc etc etc.

So question is, why have a go at Hibs fans also being Scotland fans and not have a go at someone supporting another club team?

Who was having a go at hibs fans for being scotland fans?

woody47
04-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Who was having a go at hibs fans for being scotland fans?

If you look at a lot of threads that come up every time Scotland play you will some people having a pop at Scotland fans.

hibernian36
04-09-2009, 08:56 PM
i'm a passionate scotland fan but an even more passionate hibby. i can't stand deserters who suddenly start supporting man u etc when times are hard. :grr:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
If you look at a lot of threads that come up every time Scotland play you will some people having a pop at Scotland fans.

New to the board mate, haven't seen any threads on scotland yet, I thought folk thought I was having a go.

H18sry
04-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Hibs with a passion and Scotland with a passion :agree:

We shall never play each other, so there is no conflict of loyalty where that is concerned :wink:

Ghaax
04-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I'll be there - and I can be as passionate about Scotland as I can about Hibs.....and some other sports. I still love Hibs more than anything in the world of sport but it doesn't mean I can't be passionate about other things.

Huvnae been at Hampden for a while cos o all these glory hunters :rolleyes: over the past coupla years :wink: and I know the standard of play and result will probably spoil ma day but that doesnae stop me going to ER every game for 30 years now!

I'm a football fan and that means I love football - any game anywhere - show me a game and I will be watching and soon supporting one o the teams - it's in ma blood! Ah cannae understand how people trash Scotland and the TA on here. It's the game you love and your country. If it doesnae float yer boat then leave it for those of us that do want to go and support.

if ye want to rip the p... outta someone stick tae the yams and OF.

HK Phooey - you going by train or are ye on the Barnie bus????

Delboy*
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I love my country but must admit to be a tad embarrassed about my sheer lack of interest in the national team.
Now listen, i so want them to win every game n all that , but i just cant get excited about it all.

The SFA are an absolute joke, diddy men. Any manager has a thankless task and is on a hiding to nothing though some of the selections n tactics we use are depressing.

I want to be excited about the national team but i just cant.

even when Hibs r pish n have just got humped, i'd still be doin the Hibees bounce on a saturday night n wakin the neighbours wi Hibs songs!

Bonny Scotland, score a winning goal for me!!!!!!!!

Onceinawhile
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
going to both games,

However Hibs are more important than Scotland for me, no real reason why, gut instinct

iwasthere1972
04-09-2009, 09:51 PM

No unfortunately and Yes.

I suspect if you asked the same question to the Rangers team (replacing "passion for Hibs" with "passion for Rangers") then the answer would be No and No. :agree:

Silversand
04-09-2009, 09:55 PM

:troll:

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Club v Country arguements go on at all Clubs! As fer me I Love both equally, If the question was would I rather Hibs win the League or Scotland win the World Cup I'd really have te think about it! However I dream of both and aye I'm going watching Alba!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
No unfortunately and Yes.

I suspect if you asked the same question to the Rangers team (replacing "passion for Hibs" with "passion for Rangers") then the answer would be No and No. :agree:

Well as a rangers fan rangers come first always but i will be at the game tomorrow and wed.

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Well as a rangers fan rangers come first always but i will be at the game tomorrow and wed.

Thought all gers fans wished they were english?

blaikie
04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I support Scotland when there playing simple as :agree: But Hibs always come first.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
No not at all.

blaikie
04-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Bit of stereotyping there :greengrin

Pete
04-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Won't be going but I dont think my passion for Scotland is any less than it is for hibs...it's just different.

You can lose interest in what the national team is doing but you can never lose the love for them due to the fact it's your country and you can't change that.

It's a different sort of love because you can't choose to have another national team. It's also great the way it brings fans of all clubs together and unites them under one banner.

To the OP, Rangers have been a disgrace as far as the national team has been concerned in the past few years. Poaching the manager, fans supporting England, whinging players and others bringing the whole nation down with their antics!!

Blues who care about our country should be up in arms!

deano6-2
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm going to both games. I love Scotland but Hibs always come first for me.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Won't be going but I dont think my passion for Scotland is any less than it is for hibs...it's just different.

You can lose interest in what the national team is doing but you can never lose the love for them due to the fact it's your country and you can't change that.

It's a different sort of love because you can't choose to have another national team. It's also great the way it brings fans of all clubs together and unites them under one banner.

To the OP, Rangers have been a disgrace as far as the national team has been concerned in the past few years. Poaching the manager, fans supporting England, whinging players and others bringing the whole nation down with their antics!!

Rangers needed a manager asked WS he said yes as he is a rangers man and the lure of getting one last shot of manageing the team he supported as a boy was to much as you said it's a different sort of love team and country and WS love for rangers was far greater than his love for scotland, no different from hibs asking JH to be manager imo. Rangers fans who suppoert England are usally english, what you mean whinging players who are you talking about?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2009, 10:28 PM

:agree: Jock through and through.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2009, 10:29 PM
:troll:

What's with the Police state?

Hibbie_Cameron
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes and Yes, looking forward to tomorrow afternoon

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Rangers needed a manager asked WS he said yes as he is a rangers man and the lure of getting one last shot of manageing the team he supported as a boy was to much as you said it's a different sort of love team and country and WS love for rangers was far greater than his love for scotland, no different from hibs asking JH to be manager imo. Rangers fans who suppoert England are usally english, what you mean whinging players who are you talking about?

Must admit I was peeved at Wally for that, but more so for him telling Scotty, Thomo and Whitty to stay put and learn their trade, only for him to try his hand to take them when he returned to Rangers....

If Wally was a flop for Scotland there wouldn't be a debate, but he was as successfull as we have been for years.

Silversand
04-09-2009, 10:40 PM
What's with the Police state?

No Police state .... just IMHO

:wink:

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 11:09 PM

WELL SAID!!!!! I ken gers fans who are patriots, gud people but they appear te hae a very quiet voice in ibrox!! As a group gers fans have got te be the most anti-Scottish club in the country, we all ken about the supporting england thing waving their jacks!! It's a sour culture ingrained in that club! Why don't the gers patriots stand up and dae something about it??????

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 12:04 AM
WELL SAID!!!!! I ken gers fans who are patriots, gud people but they appear te hae a very quiet voice in ibrox!! As a group gers fans have got te be the most anti-Scottish club in the country, we all ken about the supporting england thing waving their jacks!! It's a sour culture ingrained in that club! Why don't the gers patriots stand up and dae something about it??????

Without getting in to a flag debate, already had them, the Union flag (jacks as you call them) is not the english flag, the st georges x is the english flag, the union flag is the british flag, the blue cross on ir represents the st andrews flag.

Lucius Apuleius
05-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Without getting in to a flag debate, already had them, the Union flag (jacks as you call them) is not the english flag, the st georges x is the english flag, the union flag is the british flag, the blue cross on ir represents the st andrews flag.

So why not just wave the blue bit, you know, the Scottish bit?

BroxburnHibee
05-09-2009, 06:39 AM

Seriously - why are you on here asking that question?

Have you been binned from every Rangers forum in existence?

marinello59
05-09-2009, 06:47 AM

To achieve that feat surely you would have to take anti-social behaviour to a whole new level? :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
05-09-2009, 06:49 AM
To achieve that feat surely you would have to take anti-social behaviour to a whole new level? :greengrin

An easy feat for any hun if you ask me :wink:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 09:37 AM

Im interested on peoples view on the national team compared to there club team, and this thread shows there are many different views.

No because I don't go on them to wind up, I go on for decussions with folk so why would i get banned.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 09:41 AM
So why not just wave the blue bit, you know, the Scottish bit?

The st andrews flag is at the games as well as the union flag:wink:

LamontHFC©
05-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Hibs with a passion and Scotland with a passion :agree:

We shall never play each other, so there is no conflict of loyalty where that is concerned :wink:

:top marks

Sums it up perfectly for me. Supports them both equally.

Mon' the Scots today. :saltireflag

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Im interested on peoples view on the national team compared to there club team, and this thread shows there are many different views.

No because I don't go on them to wind up, I go on for decussions with folk so why would i get banned.
Out of interest, what other forums do you go on?

marinello59
05-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Pretty well outnumbered though.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2162749]
Out of interest, what other forums do you go on?

there is a few rangers ones which i post on, and ive had a wee go on the hearts one (jambos kickback) there is some other but ive looked on but there don't seem to be many folk on so not been to them for a ling time.

Lucius Apuleius
05-09-2009, 10:05 AM

Please do point me in the direction of proof. I do believe the occasional St Andrew's (see the use of capitals there?) cross makes an appearance but pretty well drowned out by the Union flag (as you so properly insist it is called).

Please do not wink at me. I find it offensive.

basehibby
05-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Back to the OP (avoiding yet another flag debate :rolleyes:) I support Scotland with a passion - but only enough to watch it on the telly :duck:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Please do point me in the direction of proof. I do believe the occasional St Andrew's (see the use of capitals there?) cross makes an appearance but pretty well drowned out by the Union flag (as you so properly insist it is called).

Please do not wink at me. I find it offensive.

I have did this before on here, then was told by someone rangers fans have never taken a St Andrews flag to easter road and a pic was provided of that also, Ive been moaned at for bring up things thats already been posted so you might have to search for it.

marinello59
05-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I have did this before on here, then was told by someone rangers fans have never taken a St Andrews flag to easter road and a pic was provided of that also, Ive been moaned at for bring up things thats already been posted so you might have to search for it.

What user name were you using then?

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 10:20 AM

FFS Gordon, you'll need to search for it! :grr:

I'd have thought you of all people would have known that! :cool2:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM
What user name were you using then?

The one im using now, it was about 1 month ago.

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 10:23 AM

It was actually me that questioned the St Andrews flag at Easter Road in another of your wind up threads and I didn't say that. If I recall, I said that I didn't remember seeing St Andrews flags in the hun end. I also don't think anyone posted a picture of said flags at ER, just a random picture of hun fans.

But if you use your search button you'll be able to confirm all that.

IOMhibee
05-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I was born in Edinburgh and lived there for 10 years but then moved to the Isle of Man with the family. I now have to prove I'm scottish almost every day because I have lost my accent but I do it because I'm so proud to be Scottish. It saddens me to see the lack of interest in the Scotland team this time around, admitedly a couple of the results have been a tad embarassing but its our country ffs! Lets get behind the lads today and beat these farmers!

Killiehibbie
05-09-2009, 10:37 AM
As a group gers fans have got te be the most anti-Scottish club in the country, we all ken about the supporting england thing waving their jacks!! It's a sour culture ingrained in that club! Why don't the gers patriots stand up and dae something about it??????

I don't think they're any more anti Scottish than the Irish weegie tramps.

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
It was actually me that questioned the St Andrews flag at Easter Road in another of your wind up threads and I didn't say that. If I recall, I said that I didn't remember seeing St Andrews flags in the hun end. I also don't think anyone posted a picture of said flags at ER, just a random picture of hun fans.

But if you use your search button you'll be able to confirm all that.
http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/ind...=652&Itemid=29

Im sure you will be able to tell this is easter rd.

alan1875
05-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I will be at both games. Hope we win both but now expecting to. Can always live in hope.

Should you not have been working at the time you posted this... Scandal.......

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Im sure you will be able to tell this is easter rd.

Error 404 I'm afraid. Wanna try again?

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Error 404 I'm afraid. Wanna try again?

Try this

not working again.

Perspective
05-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I'll be at both games and really looking forward to them (glutton for punishment).

Like being a Hibs fan, I think you have to suffer these dark days (hammering by Norway/Mixu's tenure etc) to really appreciate the rare days in the sun (wins over France/CIS Cup triumphs etc). That's why Old Firm fans in the main, who are used to winning most weeks, will never 'get it'.

The glory-hunter fans do annoy me but they're a natural by-product of any success (even if it's limited).

I'm behind George Burley too.

MSK
05-09-2009, 11:02 AM
there is a few rangers ones which i post on, and ive had a wee go on the hearts one (jambos kickback) there is some other but ive looked on but there don't seem to be many folk on so not been to them for a ling time.I hope tae f you scrubbed wi detergent before you came on here !!! :greengrin

Mind you though ..bet you were made very welcome fi the wannabe huns over there ...

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 11:03 AM

Try this

not working again.

Error 404 again. Think you answered your own question.
It may possibly be because of the forum you are taking it from, you have to be signed in to view it.

Or maybe Error 404 is some secret hun talk? :confused:

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 11:03 AM
http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=652&Itemid=29

This one seems to work

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 11:07 AM
http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=652&Itemid=29

This one seems to work

Cheers for that. One out of how many fans? And compared to the amount of Union Flags?

Especially enjoyed the red hand of ulster flag.

Betty Boop
05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
It's refreshing to have fans from other clubs posting on the board. :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
TBF to the huns, well The Blue Order, they've displayed saltires more than most teams.

http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=213&Itemid=29

http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=137&Itemid=29

http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=702&Itemid=29

McD
05-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think they're any more anti Scottish than the Irish weegie tramps.

Neither of the ugly sisters or their fans give much of a flying one for scotland, tho I'd think celtc would be the ones who have least passion for scotland, only seem to have eyes for the republic of ireland.

Glasgow should be walled up :greengrin

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
TBF to the huns, well The Blue Order, they've displayed saltires more than most teams.

http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=213&Itemid=29

http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=137&Itemid=29

http://theblueorder.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=photos&cid=702&Itemid=29

I'm not getting into another flag debate.
The point I am trying to make is that huns have more Union Flags than St Andrews flags at matches and that's what cheeses me off.
And before anyone posts it, yes there are probably more Irish Flags at ER than St Andrews ones, but that also pees me off.
Rant over.

Blue - is it no about time you were away to the "offie" for your Bucky to drink as you make your way to the game? :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
05-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm not getting into another flag debate.
The point I am trying to make is that huns have more Union Flags than St Andrews flags at matches and that's what cheeses me off.
And before anyone posts it, yes there are probably more Irish Flags at ER than St Andrews ones, but that also pees me off.
Rant over.

Blue - is it no about time you were away to the "offie" for your Bucky to drink as you make your way to the game? :wink:

Quite right babe. As for this searching malarky, I've got a job to do you know!!! I cannae spend all day on hibs.net spaffing off like a tame wee hun that cannae spell or dae capital letters or even grammar, not that any of that really matters in the modern day obviously as we have much more to worry about.

However, one thing I really must say in regard to an earlier post that I was going to put into my last one but forgot, was the chap (see, must start using the search button) saying we (hibs.netters) would not give a supporter (????) of one of the other mob as much hassle as we give a hun? Eh, naw. Wrong. They are both a bunch of cancerous, parasitic bukieswillingsoapdodgingsisterandandprobablyevenbr otherauntieunclenadgrandparentloving prats (I missed out fathers as very few of them probably met their own fathers,unless of course they were in the same cell as them in the bar-L, or even Glenochil that is). I know it does not go down well with some people on here but I would rather see that mob of turds from the other end of the Capital ( see, capitals again pet hun, supporter of a provincial team that you are) than watch either of them do well.

Littlest Hobo
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Oh and to answer the op's question, Yes there wil be around 52,000 people going and Yes see above!!

Well said that man. Do we think this same question would be getting asked if we were as succesful as a Brazil or an Argentina? Me thinks the Scotland boo boys would be very quiet if that were the case! Why not just get behind the team? :rolleyes:

PISTOL1875
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM

Those pictures must be collecter's items.. Rangers fans don't get called '' Scotland's shame '' for nothing.. I hate hearing them on the box singing there vile with such hatred... They are nothing but a disgrace....

Danderhall Hibs
05-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Should you not have been working at the time you posted this... Scandal.......

Not at that time of night surely? But if you're in for Saturday overtime and posting that's more of a crime...

blueisthecolour
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Cheers for that. One out of how many fans? And compared to the amount of Union Flags?

Especially enjoyed the red hand of ulster flag.

we can't win first we have no st andrews flags and when the is proof the attitude changes to there only 1 st andrew flag.

It was like the last time, we got we only have st andrew flags at ibrox then the proof came from other grounds.

Killiehibbie
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
we can't win first we have no st andrews flags and when the is proof the attitude changes to there only 1 st andrew flag.

It was like the last time, we got we only have st andrew flags at ibrox then the proof came from other grounds.

Of course you can't win. Good to see you're maybe not as stupid as you seem.

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 06:46 PM

:yawn: I've already agreed with you that there was St Andrews flags at ER. I asked the question that I couldn't remember seeing any and you have answered that for me. What else do you want? A pat on the head?

Here you go - :spammy:

marinello59
05-09-2009, 07:37 PM

Is the pre-match build up at Ibrox still like a tribute to the last night at the proms then? Do they still blast out the theme tune from the Dambusters. Is Andy Cameron still a ****?
Nope, you can't win.:greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
06-09-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't think its sold out. Which begs the question, where are all these dafties that were offering a grand and a shot of their wife for a ticket for the Italy game..?

Oh, and no and no

Att: 50,214

No that fair off.....:thumbsup:

Horse
06-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I have a level of passion and pride that I feel for Scotland but it will never be close to what I feel for Hibs. I think about Hibs every day no matter how far away from Easter Road I am. I only think of Scotland around the times of Scotland games.

GC
06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
:yawn: I've already agreed with you that there was St Andrews flags at ER. I asked the question that I couldn't remember seeing any and you have answered that for me. What else do you want? A pat on the head?

Here you go - :spammy:

What's your problem? Your on the guys case non stop, care to explain why?

Oh yeah, he's at the wind up I've seen you say, bollocks. Your just acting like an prat because he's a Rangers fan, oh and Arab of all the people on this board that could have ago at a fan of another team, your not one of them.

Grow up for ****s sake will you I'm getting sick reading your bitchy posts.

lEXO
06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Yes i was at the game yesterday and will go on wednesday(tickets bought well in advance)and dont feel as passionate as i do for the cabbage,but it is close at times. The atmosphere at Hampden yesterday was amazing.

blueisthecolour
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Is the pre-match build up at Ibrox still like a tribute to the last night at the proms then? Do they still blast out the theme tune from the Dambusters. Is Andy Cameron still a ****?
Nope, you can't win.:greengrin.
Yes he is, he doesn't do the stuff on the pitch now, which is good news.

Alicky Ranks
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM

That line of thinking has never worked for me. So what if they will never play each other, the Scotland team is still made up of numerous players who I, as a Hibs fan, cannae stand. Doesn't matter a jot to me that they're not wearing a Hearts/Rangers/Celtic shirt for that particular 90 minutes, they remain a Hearts/Rangers/Celtic b******* and there's no chance I can suddenly just forget that. Even guys like Gordon and Hartley who no longer play for Hearts remain ***** of the highest order IMHO.

Bishop Hibee
08-09-2009, 10:09 PM

The Bill Streuth flag makes me boke. One of the biggest bigots in recent Scottish history. Perpetuated the no-R.C.'s signing policy.

Back to the Scotland flag debate, more flown by Rankers fans than Celtc that's for sure. Hibs fans, plenty green and white ones but not many "traditional" ones.

As for Scotland, love Hibs more if pushed to choose but going to Hampden as usual to cheer Scotland on :saltireflag

hibs1875aye
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM

Which game? The Scotland game or shall you be joining yer pals and supporting Lizzie's Eleven? :cool2:

blueisthecolour
09-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Which game? The Scotland game or shall you be joining yer pals and supporting Lizzie's Eleven? :cool2:

There is a wee clue in the thread title:wink:

hibs1875aye
09-09-2009, 11:33 AM
There is a wee clue in the thread title:wink:

There's a clue in the title aye....that said, you did confess to following Rangers....or are you the one who sits on his hands and buttons his lip as the other 50,000+ belt out Rule Britania/GSTQ and of course other little party pieces about the Pope, Catholics and in fact, anyone who is not of hunnish origin.

If so, fair play to ye. That said, if so, you'll be banned from hunbrox with no chance of trial. :wink:

New Corrie
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM

This one seems to work

More Scottish flags in the Rangers end than in the Hibs sections of the ground, that's a bit of a shame. Dispells a few myths though, I suppose.

hibs1875aye
09-09-2009, 11:37 AM
More Scottish flags in the Rangers end than in the Hibs sections of the ground, that's a bit of a shame. Dispells a few myths though, I suppose.

I'm not so sure. Youre right about Scotland flags (but then we have very little flags at all - at least in the east). Flags is one thing, what about the rangers fc songbook and their attitude? The average Hibs fan doesnt bang on about catholics or proddies or any of that rubbish nor does he go on about ireland or england.

The average old firm fan does go on about both. All of that lot are a shame and disgrace to Scotland.

New Corrie
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not so sure. Youre right about Scotland flags (but then we have very little flags at all - at least in the east). Flags is one thing, what about the rangers fc songbook and their attitude? The average Hibs fan doesnt bang on about catholics or proddies or any of that rubbish nor does he go on about ireland or england.

The average old firm fan does go on about both. All of that lot are a shame and disgrace to Scotland.

Well I was at ER for the Celtic game last week and there were more Irish flags in the East than there was in the Dunbar End, and now we see the photographic evidence of Scottish flags amongst the Rangers support......and no, I am not trying to start a flag debate.

Keith_M
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Rangers fans who suppoert England are usally english

Not, from personal experience, always the case. There is a small but significant number of Rangers fans that wear england tops, presumably as some kind of wind up.

Your club even cashed in on this by designing an away strip that mimicked the England strip of the time.

Keith_M
09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Well I was at ER for the Celtic game last week and there were more Irish flags in the East than there was in the Dunbar End, and now we see the photographic evidence of Scottish flags amongst the Rangers support......and no, I am not trying to start a flag debate.

Too late :wink:

So, how many were there in the respective ends? You've made a categorical statement that there were more in the east than the Dunbar End, so you must have counted them.

Killiehibbie
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Not, from personal experience, always the case. There is a small but significant number of Rangers fans that wear england tops, presumably as some kind of wind up.

Your club even cashed in on this by designing an away strip that mimicked the England strip of the time.

That would be to pay homage to the Englishmen that played for them in the same way that the orange strip was for Dutchmen. Believe that you are a Dutchman.

blueisthecolour
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM

The makers of the top usally have a template which the tops are mate, making most tops similar with that maker.

Franck Stanton
09-09-2009, 01:08 PM

My thoughts exactly , only time I go to a Scotland game is when there is a current Hibs player playing, [ granted these days thats not very often] and even then I only shout for him.
GGTTH

Sylar
09-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't feel a choice needs to be made between Hibs and the national side, unless the argument stands that international games can cause injuries which impact domestically - being that anyone donning the Green and White seems to be overlooked when caps are handed out though, it's not really relevant.

I support my national sides just as passionately as my domestic side, but don't go to many games.

New Corrie
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Too late :wink:

So, how many were there in the respective ends? You've made a categorical statement that there were more in the east than the Dunbar End, so you must have counted them.

I counted three in the East and one in the Dunbar End

Golden Bear
09-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I counted three in the East and one in the Dunbar End

It's a sad day if you go to a game to count the Irish flags.

If a tiny wee element of the Hibs support fly the Irish flag then I would like to think it's a show of support for the Irish players that we have in the team right now.

Sadly I think that this may not be the case.

New Corrie
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
It's a sad day if you go to a game to count the Irish flags.
If a tiny wee element of the Hibs support fly the Irish flag then I would like to think it's a show of support for the Irish players that we have in the team right now.

Sadly I think that this may not be the case.

That wasn't why I went to the game, and I think you are right, they weren't there as support for our Irish players, as i've never seen English or Northern Irish flags there to support players of those origins.