PDA

View Full Version : We need a Billionaire !

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
If we had one we'd be the biggest club in Scotland! I ken am only stating the obvious, but surely we can con some oil rich arab inte investing in the club!!

da-robster
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
If we had one we'd be the biggest club in Scotland! I ken am only stating the obvious, but surely we can con some oil rich arab inte investing in the club!!

Just like Hearts :agree:

jakedance
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Why would they? There is nothing glamorous or profitable about Scottish fitba. Unless a prospective buyer had an existing connection to the club I'd assume his intentions aren't honourable.

Keith_M
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Yep, if only we had someone like the PBS submariner.

He could loan us lots of money that we'd never have to pay back, cos' we'd owe it to ourselves anyway. Then he could make a £51 million main stand out of carboard boxes and planning applications. We could use it for lots of non-football activities, like Russian "Simply come Dancing".

Oh and the things we could get up to in the toilets.....

shamo9
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Yep, if only we had someone like the PBS submariner.

He could loan us lots of money that we'd never have to pay back, cos' we'd owe it to ourselves anyway. Then he could make a £51 million main stand out of carboard boxes and planning applications. We could use it for lots of non-football activities, like Russian "Simply come Dancing".

Oh and the things we could get up to in the toilets.....

At least it got them the Scottish Cup:duck:

VegasHibby
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM

We don't even need a billionaire. A multi-millionaire would be sufficient.
Getting the stand finished and 4 or 5 accomplished players,around 30 or 40 million and I reckon we could win the league and get into the Champions league. Scrape through to the qualifying rounds(if Rangers can do it) worth around 10 or 20 million the investor would get half his money back in his first year :thumbsup:

Keith_M
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I can't believe ANY of you are taking this post seriously.

Have you ALL lost your sense of smell?

:confused:

CRAZYHIBBY
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
anyone know the number for the sultan of brunei? we could send him some hibs chocolates and tacky mugs if that doesnt do it then i dont know what will:agree:

givescotlandfreedom
04-09-2009, 06:52 PM
anyone know the number for the sultan of brunei? we could send him some hibs chocolates and tacky mugs if that doesnt do it then i dont know what will:agree:

The green popcorn from a few years back. Yes, the actual popcorn.

Ringothedog
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Can I keep him as a new pet, please, please please. He sounds so intelligent and cant possibly be a yam :rolleyes:

surreyhibbie
04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
:troll:

Hibbyradge
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Excellent first post. :thumbsup:

Welcome to hibs.net.

However, you're setting your standards, way too low. If we had a gazzillionaire, we'd be the biggest club in the world.

Only Hearts would be able to even think about trying to challenge us.

MrSmith
04-09-2009, 07:03 PM
this time next year hibs will be more than fit for purpose and will most certainly be an attractive thought for any investor who wants to realise a dream!

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2009, 07:06 PM

A billionaire in Dundee? That's as likely as Hearts putting a team out next season.:greengrin

Big Frank
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM

Pull yer kecks up Lewis.

Hertz are gash.

And poor.

:hnet:

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Can I keep him as a new pet, please, please please. He sounds so intelligent and cant possibly be a yam :rolleyes:

You always say that, and who ends up having to look after it?

da-robster
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
At least it got them the Scottish Cup:duck:

And a huge debt which will be almost impossible to pay back but a cup is much much much more important.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
And a huge debt which will be almost impossible to pay back but a cup is much much much more important.

I keep telling myself that, but it gets harder every year.

sahib
this time next year hibs will be more than fit for purpose and will most certainly be an attractive thought for any investor who wants to realise a dream!

Expect to see this post resurrected this time next year. Could be a hardy annual infact.
Free beer tomorrow!:wink:

jacomo
You always say that, and who ends up having to look after it?

They don't take much looking after. Chain them to the shed and throw them a dead rat every now and again, and they'll be fine. They actually like sleeping in their own waste.

sahib
04-09-2009, 07:13 PM
We don't even need a billionaire. A multi-millionaire would be sufficient.Getting the stand finished and 4 or 5 accomplished players,around 30 or 40 million and I reckon we could win the league and get into the Champions league. Scrape through to the qualifying rounds(if Rangers can do it) worth around 10 or 20 million the investor would get half his money back in his first year :thumbsup:

I thought we had one of those?

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
They don't take much looking after. Chain them to the shed and throw them a dead rat every now and again, and they'll be fine. They actually like sleeping in their own waste.

Well.....OK then, but only if he buys it a wee coat, and a nice wee bowl with a picture of Vlad's arse on it, so it can lick it whenever it wants. You can't be too cruel, you know, there's laws.

shamo9
04-09-2009, 07:17 PM

I assure that it is much much much more than simply 'a cup' to Hibs fans.

I dare say that Hearts will manage to 'deal' with the debt in the span of, say, a 107 years?:stirrer::stirrer:

da-robster
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM

I dare say that Hearts will manage to 'deal' with the debt in the span of, say, a 107 years?:stirrer::stirrer:

But not to Hearts fan which is who we are talking about.It is clear that romanov was a huge failure it should be funny to see how long it will take them to admit it.

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Don't we already have a multi millionaire owner? :confused:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Why would anyone with that sort of cash want to invest in a club in scotland?

shamo9
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
But not to Hearts fan which is who we are talking about.It is clear that romanov was a huge failure it should be funny to see how long it will take them to admit it.

Considering the guy is most likely a Yam, the original question is basically stating subtlety: 'you'd still be happy to be in our situation right now'.

Sure, we'd be a laughing stock. Sure, we'd have a huge debt.

But we'd have the Scottish Cup and several 'demolition derbies' to console ourselves with. I'm sure after so long a lot of Hibs fans would be severely tempted by that.

I admit that Hearts more often than not finishing above us in the league despite their debt frustrates me at times.

jacomo
04-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Why would anyone with that sort of cash want to invest in a club in scotland?

This is probably a question that Sir David Moonbeam asks himself a lot.

:wink:

MSK
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Why would anyone with that sort of cash want to invest in a club in scotland?Why not ?..buy the league just like you lot done a few years back, play in the champs league, gain some european cred ....doesnae last forever though eh, when they get bored wi their toys they move onto bigger & better things ..:wink:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Why not ?..buy the league just like you lot done a few years back, play in the champs league, gain some european cred ....doesnae last forever though eh, when they get bored wi their toys they move onto bigger & better things ..:wink:

Or just buy a club in the EPL where the movey is, instead of wasting time and money in Scotland.:wink:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
This is probably a question that Sir David Moonbeam asks himself a lot.

:wink:

Doubt it, he made plenty.

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Or just buy a club in the EPL where the movey is, instead of wasting time and money in Scotland.:wink:

But we don't have a main team down in England like Chelsea. :devil:

We're only interested in the Hibees. :wink:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
But we don't have a main team down in England like Chelsea. :devil:

We're only interested in the Hibees. :wink:

But im sure the arab billionaire doesn't give a s**t

p.s Chelsea is not a main team down there to me, if that what your getting at.

MSK
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Or just buy a club in the EPL where the movey is, instead of wasting time and money in Scotland.:wink:Thats you lot goosed for future investment then aint it ..why piss it up against a wall wi a silly SPL team in a tin pot league ...:wink:

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
But im sure the arab billionaire doesn't give a s**t

He must take some interest in us. He is doing us a favour after all. :cool2:

Edit: Aye.... a seen what you just did there :wink:

da-robster
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Considering the guy is most likely a Yam, the original question is basically stating subtlety: 'you'd still be happy to be in our situation right now'.

But we'd have the Scottish Cup and several 'demolition derbies' to console ourselves with. I'm sure after so long a lot of Hibs fans would be severely tempted by that.

I admit that Hearts more often than not finishing above us in the league despite their debt frustrates me at times.

I remember in a recent poll on the subject only one poster backed this. I like to hope that supporters would not trade our security for a cup and a few good derby wins after the romanov scandal I doubt anyone would touch these billionaires without any plan with a bargepole.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Thats you lot goosed for future investment then aint it ..why piss it up against a wall wi a silly SPL team in a tin pot league ...:wink:

Yes unless there is major changes in football, but if that makes us goosed what does it do for the rest of the spl.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
He must take some interest in us. He is doing us a favour after all. :cool2:

Edit: Aye.... a seen what you just did there :wink:
:top marks

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Blueisthecolour

You're back. where have you been hiding for the last couple of weeks?
Been on your holibobs to Largs or Milngavie?

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Multi-millionaire/Billionaire

Not necessarily a pre-requisite for good sustainable stewardship. Just think of David Murray for a (bad) example. Contrast with "biscuit tin" Fergus McCann. Took pelters at the time - who's laughing now...?

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Blueisthecolour

Been trying to sort out a new chairmen for my team:dizzy:

Pc was broke for a while there, must be all this posting on hibs sites:wink:

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Been trying to sort out a new chairmen for my team:dizzy:

Pc was broke for a while there, must be all this posting on hibs sites:wink:

Pity it still wisnae broken!! :bsod:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM

You missed me didn't you:wink:

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 08:40 PM
You missed me didn't you:wink:
:hmmm:

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 08:42 PM

He cannae be a true blue. Any bluenose worth his salt would have immediately purchased a higher quality PC from a lesser teams messageboard whilst having Willie McKay act as agent in the deal and that ar5e from the Daily Record writing an article explaining it all away :wink:

jgl07
04-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Multi-millionaire/Billionaire
Not necessarily a pre-requisite for good sustainable stewardship. Just think of David Murray for a (bad) example. Contrast with "biscuit tin" Fergus McCann. Took pelters at the time - who's laughing now...?
No the Bixcuit tin era at Parkhead was under the Kelly Family.

Fergus McCann replaced this with a medium term strategy of firstly stabilizing the finances of the club, then developing the stadium, and finally improving the team before bidding farewell with a decent profit for himself.

A perfect model to follow.

Hibs are doing something similar but over a much longer timescale.

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Blueisthecolour

His local library must have been shut down for a couple of weeks. :wink:

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
His local library must have been shut down for a couple of weeks. :wink:

You could get a gig at the festival next year:wink:

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
You could get a gig at the festival next year:wink:

:greengrin

Mikey
04-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Call off the dogs folks, this one's a hibby alright.

You do the posting, we'll do the sniffing :wink:

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Call off the dogs folks, this one's a hibby alright.

You do the posting, we'll do the sniffing :wink:

Don't think blueisthecolour will be happy about being called a hibby. :wink:

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 09:22 PM
This is obviously fantasy stuff, but I'm no talkin about lending us the cash, he/she gives it us coz we're ******in magic!!!!!!!

I KNOW WHO SHOULD BUY US AND BANKROLL US...THAT JK ROWLING burd, she's loaded an livin somewhere in Scotland is she no??? I ken she used te live in Edinburgh coz that's where she started writin that Harry Cottage pish!!

HAY! We could buy Nade and use him as the new Club mascot, Mr Miss!

Hibercelona
04-09-2009, 09:30 PM
This is obviously fantasy stuff, but I'm no talkin about lending us the cash, he/she gives it us coz we're ******in magic!!!!!!!

I KNOW WHO SHOULD BUY US AND BANKROLL US...THAT JK ROWLING burd, she's loaded an livin somewhere in Scotland is she no??? I ken she used te live in Edinburgh coz that's where she started writin that Harry Cottage pish!!

Mind passing a few tins over?

You've had too much. :wink:

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Mind passing a few tins over?

You've had too much. :wink:

Aye been on the black stuff the day but had a durty glass o bucky earlier lol:devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
04-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Let me see, would I be willing to swap one domestic trophy in the past ten years for another domestic trophy and in the same token be saddled with £30m of debt and a bampot owner who has turned my club into an absolute laughing stock as well as overloading the club with overpaid foreign mercenaries, countless managers, no scouting network of which to speak of, interference in team selection and no visible plan which has now rendered my team unable to pay First Division wages without increasing the already unsustainable debt?

Nah, you're alright there. As much as I would love a major cash injection for Hibs, it would unravel all the good, hard work that has been done over the past decade to rectify the wrongs of the previous policy.

Put it this way, if and when Hibs win the Scottish Cup, it'll taste far sweeter than the one Hearts bought a couple of years back.

Ask any Hearts fan and they'll treasure the '98 win far more than the '06 team. The '98 team were good, solid pros who played for the jersey and who had an affinity with the club.

Stuff your millionaire owners with their own agenda, I want Hibs men lifting the trophy with the club at heart.

blueisthecolour
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Let me see, would I be willing to swap one domestic trophy in the past ten years for another domestic trophy and in the same token be saddled with £30m of debt and a bampot owner who has turned my club into an absolute laughing stock as well as overloading the club with overpaid foreign mercenaries, countless managers, no scouting network of which to speak of, interference in team selection and no visible plan which has now rendered my team unable to pay First Division wages without increasing the already unsustainable debt?

Nah, you're alright there. As much as I would love a major cash injection for Hibs, it would unravel all the good, hard work that has been done over the past decade to rectify the wrongs of the previous policy.

Put it this way, if and when Hibs win the Scottish Cup, it'll taste far sweeter than the one Hearts bought a couple of years back.

Ask any Hearts fan and they'll treasure the '98 win far more than the '06 team. The '98 team were good, solid pros who played for the jersey and who had an affinity with the club.

Stuff your millionaire owners with their own agenda, I want Hibs men lifting the trophy with the club at heart.

I agree with what your saying about looking back to the 98 winning team but i bet on the day of the 06 final they didn't give a ****** who pulled on the jersey as long as they lifted the trophey.

ScottB
04-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Ok, so in this decade the clubs went in different directions; Hibs embarked on a policy of restraint, living within our means, investing in capital projects and thinking long term. Hearts started spending money like a teenager with a winning lottery ticket.

So what are the positives?

Hearts won a Scottish Cup and have had a few brief trips into Europe.

Hibs won a League Cup, cleared almost all debt, built a state of the art training ground, developed arguably the best youth system in the country and have nearly completed the stadium. One brief trip into Europe also. Now apparently happy to invest serious cash into playing staff.

And the negatives?

Hearts have racked up massive debt, have failed to do anything about their stadium despite many promises. Have sold off almost all their players of note and can no longer afford to replace them.

Hibs, well, what are the negatives really? Failure to capitalise on the strength of the squad in the Mowbray era perhaps. We sold off many players, but for a good price and no matter how rich we may have been, those players couldn't have been kept for much longer.

In short, do we need a moneybags owner? No we don't. And if UEFA finally go through with their desires for clubs to live fully within their means, Hibs are the poster club for such a strategy.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok, so in this decade the clubs went in different directions; Hibs embarked on a policy of restraint, living within our means, investing in capital projects and thinking long term. Hearts started spending money like a teenager with a winning lottery ticket.

So what are the positives?

Hearts won a Scottish Cup and have had a few brief trips into Europe.

Hibs won a League Cup, cleared almost all debt, built a state of the art training ground, developed arguably the best youth system in the country and have nearly completed the stadium. One brief trip into Europe also. Now apparently happy to invest serious cash into playing staff.

And the negatives?

Hearts have racked up massive debt, have failed to do anything about their stadium despite many promises. Have sold off almost all their players of note and can no longer afford to replace them.

Hibs, well, what are the negatives really? Failure to capitalise on the strength of the squad in the Mowbray era perhaps. We sold off many players, but for a good price and no matter how rich we may have been, those players couldn't have been kept for much longer.

In short, do we need a moneybags owner? No we don't. And if UEFA finally go through with their desires for clubs to live fully within their means, Hibs are the poster club for such a strategy.

:top marks

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I canny figure oot how te place a signature!

Sioux
04-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Pretty difficult for someone who couldnae bite their nails.

ArabHibee
04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
I canny figure oot how te place a signature!
:hijack:
Think you've had one too many of these. :party:

Lewis77
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM
aye am pished an aff te ma bed, scotland game the mornin!

Aubenas
04-09-2009, 11:42 PM
We ARE the greatest club in Scotland you only have to look at our history and contribution and that we've maintained our position without any recourse to bigotry. You can't buy success (Man City, Newcastle) but you can move towards it with a steady financial position and the right people in charge.....:wink::coolhib::partyhibb

Brizo
05-09-2009, 08:07 AM

My only problem with JK Rowling taking over would be that she'd immediately appoint Harry Potter as manager and id be furious if Yogi was ditched for that ex Hertz chap Levein. Other than that I find your analysis of the clubs situation a refreshing change from the poorly researched drivel that often passes for financial debate on here. I dont understand why some people arent taking you seriously :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2009, 09:32 AM

My only problem with JK Rowling taking over would be that she'd immediately appoint Harry Potter as manager and id be furious if Yogi was ditched for that ex Hertz chap Levein. Other than that I find your analysis of the clubs situation a refreshing change from the poorly researched drivel that often passes for financial debate on here. I dont understand why some people arent taking you seriously :confused:

:faf:

hibbiedon
05-09-2009, 09:47 AM

anyone who thinks there is another 107 years in the yams future is seriously deluded :bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

WestEndHibee
05-09-2009, 10:08 AM

Anyone know Bill Gates' number?

ArabHibee
05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Anyone know Bill Gates' number?

666 :devil:

basehibby
05-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Great idea - of course the fact that Hibs play in green - the colour of Islam! - should make this a piece of Nade to achieve.

Just do away with the shirt sponsors and have "Allāhu Akbar" (god is great) written on it instead (and maybe with "Allahu a Hibee" on the back?) and Robert is indeed your father's brother - Sheiks will be falling over each other to fling their Feudally obtained riches at us and Yogi will be able to buy up the Arsenal 1st team instead of their reserves - it's a cinch - get it sorted Petrie :grr::grr::grr:

wazoo1875
05-09-2009, 12:02 PM
:faf:

Lewis77
05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Think aboot it! If she bank rolled us, no lend us the money but pure n simple gave us the money we'd be sorted and her next book could be called 'Harry Cottage and the Tynecastle Muggles'... It could be about how harry goes te tynecastle, wearing his new hibs top, and encounters an evil wee wizard called Nademort. However Harry escapes coz Nademort keeps missing him with his spells and ends up sidelined fer 6weeks with a pulled wrist! There ye go J.K. ye can hae that idea, money in the bank!

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Think aboot it! If she bank rolled us, no lend us the money but pure n simple gave us the money we'd be sorted and her next book could be called 'Harry Cottage and the Tynecastle Muggles'... It could be about how harry goes te tynecastle, wearing his new hibs top, and encounters an evil wee wizard called Nademort. However Harry escapes coz Nademort keeps missing him with his spells and ends up sidelined fer 6weeks with a pulled wrist! There ye go J.K. ye can hae that idea, money in the bank!

Yeah, that could be really funny.